Idlaide - The Rays of Fortune OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Hmm... I'll keep an eye on the thread here. I'd like to join, whether a pilot or something else. (Villains and love interests can be equally as fun) I'll be around to chat still, if that's okay.

@Lykaon

I'm pretty sure we do have at least one pilot spot that isn't filled. I mean, we started before all the spots were filled. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but I'm 99% positive.

Nine pilots were here at the start of this and there were 12 Rays. You're right @Lyra Meiko.

@Disgruntled Goat did you just come up with a new planet for us? Excellent! I said before that if you wanted to establish a world to just let me know! What's this one like? XD

Disgruntled Goat did you just come up with a new planet for us? Excellent! I said before that if you wanted to establish a world to just let me know! What's this one like? XD
Grünozean is from the German words grün, meaning "green", and ozean, meaning "ocean". So, "Green Ocean". It's another oceanic planet, with plenty of fish and seafood, but the oceans are all green (as opposed to the "blue" of the oceans on our planet) and the soil has a more reddish tint to it. Imagine the Earth, but with the colours shifted slightly, and then a lot more water. It's not a big planet, but it has its share of seafood delicacies and it's becoming a popular tourist destination because of how much cheaper it is than Aguaceles. Since Orbital mentioned that Aguaceles is being mined heavily, it makes sense to suggest that Grünozean is the more pristine of the pair, probably because it's smaller and so it has less resources to offer. It has no moons of its own, meaning that it has no real tides, so the water is quite still which might be fine for sailing on (assuming you have paddles, or a motor boat) but it isn't really all that popular with surfers.

Basically, it's a bit of an Aguaceles Lite. People from oceanic planets clearly have a similar accent, which is why Marissa though Trent might have been a Grünean. :P

• Love
Reactions: Quiet One
I love most of that, but I missed the part about mining. What's there to mine on Aguaceles? The whole planet's water with a miniscule chunk of rock at its core.

Well, that was @Orbital's contribution, but at a guess I'd say they were mining precious metals from in/around hydrothermal vents on the sea floor.

If you're going to say that the planet is 90% water by weight, then we're into such realms of fiction that they could probably just mine some kind of rare gas from that deepdown on the planet. If the planet has 100% water on its surface, then it's still going to have a solid core underneath it all, and then you can mine all sorts.

A waterworld isn't fiction. Our telescopes may have already found one in our galaxy. And there are some scientists who think it might be entirely water, with ice at its core, turned solid by the pure pressure of all the water on top of it. Aguaceles is not pure water, but it is mostly water, and the entire surface plus several thousand feet is nothing but water. That said, I did mention meteors crashing into the ocean from time to time, so they could mine out those minerals. And, yes, there would be minerals beneath the sea too.

A waterworld isn't fiction. Our telescopes may have already found one in our galaxy. And there are some scientists who think it might be entirely water, with ice at its core, turned solid by the pure pressure of all the water on top of it. Aguaceles is not pure water, but it is mostly water, and the entire surface plus several thousand feet is nothing but water. That said, I did mention meteors crashing into the ocean from time to time, so they could mine out those minerals. And, yes, there would be minerals beneath the sea too.
Salt mines.

Where better to find pure sea salt than an ocean planet? They can have some sort of super heat-powered salt mining facility.

Yeah, sure. Though they'd have to be careful with the levels they take out so as not to damage the wildlife they've installed.

Well, wasn't Trent worried that the mining operations would kill the wildlife and destroy the planet? If it's dangerous then that's even more of a reason to be concerned!

Yeah, I think he would, and I didn't see the post until now. Also, I hope Orbital didn't just poison his character.

No I'm not killing him. I'm just trying to make everybody feel sick. =D

But...Yukiko's parents...seasoned fishers...quality lobster. How dare you? I had the lobster!

How about a planet which resembles east asian cultures? Harvest agricultural products and a special silk used to make high durability lightweight polymers? Not to mention all the rich foods, customs, and loveable weapons. Its just the way to do cyber ninja and samurai.

Yes, I went there, and no, I don't expect approval. I'm just like that.

I'm also just here for the food.