• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

i want to read your rps, but i cant because you play only in PMs so now I have to sit here going >:[ and read other rps BUT WHAT IF YOURS IS THE BEST

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?

• Total voters
I tend to have a issue sticking with a RP long term.....so I doubt the mods would enjoy a 1000 small rps needing to be moved to the graveyard each time...and that is just one of the issues.

B-b-but! I get self-conscious at the thought of reading my writing! Eurgh! Don't look at me!! *hides in box*

B-b-but! I get self-conscious at the thought of reading my writing! Eurgh! Don't look at me!! *hides in box*
Not to mention my grammar/spelling, poor smut descriptions, and threads getting lost in the sea of other threads.

THAT'S THEIR JOB! MAKE THEM WORK!

Sounds like they need a vacation, lol. Edit: And I think the argument/issue was 'when half their moving threads is due to 1 member' type issue, rather than it being their job.

Last edited:
excuse me, but why are you hiding all this awesome content in PMs where i don't get to FULLY ENJOY YOUR AMAZING STORIES as I happen to very much like reading such things as my bedtime stories.

AT THE VERY LEST HAVE ONE JUST ONE PUBLIC ROLEPLAY FOR ME TO ENJOY! ;_; JUST A LITTLE TASTE OF YOUR STORIES!

how am I to know if my babies are enjoying iwaku if I cannot see them playing T___T dont you love owlmother
jokes on you, I don't have a PM RP going on right now

I have like three or four PM rps and one public one. You can read that one.! It's fun!
Or I'll do better to try and make more public rps!

I just need to join many many many more rps....

So thinking about it. You probably should stop judging based on 'active members' and start looking at Folklore and Lurker members....they keep coming back so clearly enjoying their self even if they are not posting a lot on the actual forum area. We so popular on this site that we even got bots reading the threads....that has to count for something. I wonder if bots includes AI-bots somewhere...

I admire people who can keep track of PMs. I lose them so quickly.

All but one of my RPs are public thread, and, yes, I mostly rely on the watched threads tool (that and just a billion open tabs). It's useful because if you click the time of the most recent posting it jumps you directly to that thread! No need to futz with scrolling or clicking to the last page or anything (P.S. you can do this for conversations too, so I guess it's not really a motivator)

I SEE I SEE! -keeps these notes for PURPOSES-
DIANA IF WE'RE TALKING WATCHED THREAD REQUESTS please let me categorize them and sort by categories. I can finally filter all my roleplays and interest checks out from security threads and see all my active RPs in one beautiful spot

So thinking about it. You probably should stop judging based on 'active members' and start looking at Folklore and Lurker members....they keep coming back so clearly enjoying their self even if they are not posting a lot on the actual forum area. We so popular on this site that we even got bots reading the threads....that has to count for something. I wonder if bots includes AI-bots somewhere...

Unfortunately, Owlmomther does sorta need to judge based on active members too. Imagine you're looking for a new rp home and you come here and see that barely anyone is posting or roleplaying! It probably wouldn't make you interested in joining. Compared to other sites that I've been on, we're definitely pretty quiet looking sometimes. I do love our little homey, cozy vibes and I think it's great that people enjoy roleplaying in pms, but it doesn't really help our site in the search engines or anything. If we wanna keep this place relevant, it does help to poke your face out of pms once in a while!

Unfortunately, Owlmomther does sorta need to judge based on active members too. Imagine you're looking for a new rp home and you come here and see that barely anyone is posting or roleplaying! It probably wouldn't make you interested in joining. Compared to other sites that I've been on, we're definitely pretty quiet looking sometimes. I do love our little homey, cozy vibes and I think it's great that people enjoy roleplaying in pms, but it doesn't really help our site in the search engines or anything. If we wanna keep this place relevant, it does help to poke your face out of pms once in a while!

Do you think this lurker situation is ...attracting more lurkers?! Lol, that makes a lot of sense. Active members go looking for other sites that are more active. And those not wanting to be overwhelmed by a lot of people are going here instead.

DIANA IF WE'RE TALKING WATCHED THREAD REQUESTS please let me categorize them and sort by categories. I can finally filter all my roleplays and interest checks out from security threads and see all my active RPs in one beautiful spot

I ALSO WANT THIS SO BAD, YOU CAN BET IF I EVER FIND IT WE WILL HAVE IT

Do you think this lurker situation is ...attracting more lurkers?! Lol, that makes a lot of sense. Active members go looking for other sites that are more active. And those not wanting to be overwhelmed by a lot of people are going here instead.

It is indeed true, that we need a good size portion of our community doing public roleplayers so when new people check us out, they get to see what our "vibe" is and what sort of roleplay content we do... and well... if we are active! O_O

We've had many people pop out asking "why is iwaku so dead now??" and "why isnt iwaku as active as it used to be?" when it's actually still just alive and well as past years, we just have a huge player base of Private RPs. 😂 IN FACT, OUR CONVERSATION INBOX DATABASE IS TWICE THE SIZE AS OUR FORUM POSTS. AND WE HAVE FLIPPING 4 MILLION POSTS!

Not that I want people to stop doing PM rps. >:[ I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO DO ONE OR TWO WHERE I CAN READ TOO DANGIT. LET ME ENJOOOOY YOOOUR THREEEEAADS

>.> <.< I'm sure many are the singlular rp via PM's that has been going on for years........... Again, to read them it would just be BORING. But boy do I always look froward to it.

There's also a ton of people I've seen that search for partners on the site, but rp over Discord. Which, are obviously not rps you can check at all lol

We've had many people pop out asking "why is iwaku so dead now??" and "why isnt iwaku as active as it used to be?" when it's actually still just alive and well as past years, we just have a huge player base of Private RPs. 😂 IN FACT, OUR CONVERSATION INBOX DATABASE IS TWICE THE SIZE AS OUR FORUM POSTS. AND WE HAVE FLIPPING 4 MILLION POSTS!

Not that I want people to stop doing PM rps. >:[ I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO DO ONE OR TWO WHERE I CAN READ TOO DANGIT. LET ME ENJOOOOY YOOOUR THREEEEAADS

Well correct me if I am wrong, but part of the PM database is probably past rps that were not deleted yet. Not necessarily 'active' rps. So not sure about how big the player base in Private RPs are, but the numbers may still be large, but maybe not as large as you think. Like my earlier comment about moving a thousand small rps...that now a thousand pms, but its not like I am doing all of them at the same time. A PM is not really 'deleted' from my understanding unless all people in the PM delete it, even if it is not in one's inbox anymore. That assuming the database does not include the deleted ones also which make the numbers even worse.

Well correct me if I am wrong, but part of the PM database is probably past rps that were not deleted yet. Not necessarily 'active' rps. So not sure about how big the player base in Private RPs are, but the numbers may still be large, but maybe not as large as you think. Like my earlier comment about moving a thousand small rps...that now a thousand pms, but its not like I am doing all of them at the same time. A PM is not really 'deleted' from my understanding unless all people in the PM delete it, even if it is not in one's inbox anymore. That assuming the database does not include the deleted ones also which make the numbers even worse.

I get statistics on dates and on how many posts, conversations, logins, and such happening! SO I do know what gets posted within say 1 month. >:3 Vs what is ancient and inactive, belonging to dead accounts, etc. (Likewise if all parties leave a conversation or their accounts were deleted, those convos do also delete as well.)

For example in this past January we had 141 posts on the forum vs 690 posts in conversations! It's a *huge* difference. Mind you not all of those posts are RPs, but based on community polls and threads like this, the largest percentage of it is indeed rp posts. (As Discord has taken over as most people's OOC chatter)

There's also a ton of people I've seen that search for partners on the site, but rp over Discord. Which, are obviously not rps you can check at all lol

DAMN YOU DISCORD >:[ MURDERER OF FORUMS. JUST WAIT, ONE DAY DISCORD IS GOING TO SUCK ASS THE SAME WAY ICQ, AIM, MSN, AND SKYPE DID AND THEY'LL ALL COME BACK TO FORUMS.

Forums are so much cooler! All the pretty fonts and colored texts and image embeds!

Back