Hyperion - Original Science-fantasy

D

Danko

Original poster
The once mighty planet of Hyperion is dead, destroyed by the nuclear holocausts which have dwindled away to legends. The husk of the planet lives on as a shadow of its former majesty, inhabited by the last remnants of its people. They are divided into petty, tyrannical kingdoms, ruled by fear, superstition and poverty. In the wastelands strange, fearsome beasts roam and lurk, preying on the vestiges of the dead planet's population. Deep in the scorched southern deserts, rumours of a stronghold of psychic mutants filter along the caravan routes, the rumours state that they plot the conquest of the planet.

Feared and loathed more than even the beasts of the wastelands are the wizards of the science cults. Men who collect the scientific artifacts of the dead civilisation which once made Hyperion its home. The legends of the nuclear holocausts say that it was the scientists who created the terrible weapons which ravaged the planet and created the living hell they now endured. The people of this dead world believe that the wizards will bring about yet another holocaust though no warlord on the face of the planet is willing to challenge the science cults.

The planet is on the brink of collapse but some retell the old legends, they say that one will come to unite the planet and lead it into a new golden age. Are these merely fairytales or are they prophecy?

Hello, so I've laid out the general premise of the setting above. This is a bit different in that it's a mix of a sword and sorcery fantasy setting and a futuristic science fiction setting with some post-apocalypse thrown in for good measure. This is a completely original world, I've drawn inspiration from a number of quite different sources and brought them all together into what I hope is an interesting and unique setting.

I'm looking for someone to write in this world with me. Someone who is able to move the story along and build the world up as the story progresses, someone who can write to a good standard (at least 2-3 decent paragraphs). I can't always post every single day but I usually get a few posts out per week during weekdays. I'm looking for someone who is 18+ as this is going to be a dark and gritty setting that will have adult themes. I only use email for roleplaying as it means I can write while I'm at work which increases my posting activity quite a bit.

A bit about myself, I'm 28 and male. I've been roleplaying for about 15 years or so on and off and consider myself to be literate/advanced, I expect my partner to be likewise. I live in Scotland so I'm GMT time zone.

If you're interested email me at [email protected] and we can discuss this further.