Hunter x Hunter: The Truth is There

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Eh?"

Recette stared, her hand retracting into the water.

"Ehhhhh!?"

Recette's mind was slightly blown. As she leaned back in her spot, her mind raced as she tried to wonder when the last time she really got a break. Once she got a part time job at 13 four years ago while managing school, spending her free time studying or shooting, the closest thing to a day off was her time traveling to the Hunter Exam, which while physically it wasn't troubling, mentally she certainly hadn't been relaxed.

Perhaps the reason she was so displeased with the outcome was that 'relaxing' was so against her typically diligent nature. Somehow she'd been able to relax moments ago knowing they were going right back into the fire, but now she was having trouble lying back.

But with that in mind...in about twelve hours (give or take) they were going to be face to face with the Hunter Exam and a task just as difficult as the one they'd just been through, if not moreso. Once that was in mind, Recette slipped back against the back of the spring, letting out a moan of, "Thank god..."

Perking back up, she gasped, "Ah! If the stores don't open early in the morning...I need a new suit!" Recette's stomach growled in reminder, Recette laughing sheepishly. "And...that too."

"...Eh?"

Recette stared, her hand retracting into the water.

"Ehhhhh!?"

Recette's mind was slightly blown. As she leaned back in her spot, her mind raced as she tried to wonder when the last time she really got a break. Once she got a part time job at 13 four years ago while managing school, spending her free time studying or shooting, the closest thing to a day off was her time traveling to the Hunter Exam, which while physically it wasn't troubling, mentally she certainly hadn't been relaxed.

Perhaps the reason she was so displeased with the outcome was that 'relaxing' was so against her typically diligent nature. Somehow she'd been able to relax moments ago knowing they were going right back into the fire, but now she was having trouble lying back.

But with that in mind...in about twelve hours (give or take) they were going to be face to face with the Hunter Exam and a task just as difficult as the one they'd just been through, if not moreso. Once that was in mind, Recette slipped back against the back of the spring, letting out a moan of, "Thank god..."

Perking back up, she gasped, "Ah! If the stores don't open early in the morning...I need a new suit!" Recette's stomach growled in reminder, Recette laughing sheepishly. "And...that too."
Kyoko, having seen Recette's reaction to Mr. Navigator's speech, Kyoko felt like she grew to understand her better. For the first thing, Kyoko never really pictured herself having much in common, but Mr. Navigator pointed out a big thing they did have in common. Both of them are the type who would prefer to go out and accomplish something rather than sit around. Both of them seemed to prefer active rest over passive rest, but neither of them ever thought about how to rest well. If this challenge was intended to help them understand this aspect of life, then in a way it was almost like they were learning and growing together. Maybe this was part of the joy of friends. Regardless, Kyoko felt very comfortable here with her arms around her new friend. Following Recette's example, she tries to relax for this moment, something she hasn't thought to do in a while.

After letting go of Recette, Kyoko lets her surroundings engulf her while floating in the warm soothing water. Due to the weight of her clothes dragging her down, Kyoko softly kicked her feet, feeling the sensation of water flow past them. Laying her head against Recette's chest, she marveled at how warm and soft they felt. Kyoko's own body felt very light and loose. She felt like although she could fall asleep like this, unlike the feeling of being tired, it felt more voluntary and aware. The world wasn't closed to her, and instead it felt like she was more in-tune with her senses than she'd ever been before. This calm, was it something that could be used in combat?

This thought caused Kyoko to smile softly, "Maybe Mr. Navigator is actually really an amazing person."

With Kyoko's weight against her, Recette's desire to get things done faded. This was too nice to just get ready to leave so soon...though wasn't Kyoko a bit t-too close?

Pushing that aside, she leaned back, trying to relax. But...things kept nagging at her mind, like how the navigator managed to shuffle them about. Maybe the rooms rotated slowly so that it wouldn't be perceived while the challenges were attempted? But that still begged the question of how the challenges swapped out so quickly. And the Navigator was relaxing, so it must have been automated...

Apparently continuing to miss the point of relaxing, Recette pushed that out of her mind. Closing her eyes, raising one hand to rest on Kyoko's head, she tried to focus on just that, mumbling in response, "Probably..."

Recette's stomach growled again, followed by a low groan.

With Kyoko's weight against her, Recette's desire to get things done faded. This was too nice to just get ready to leave so soon...though wasn't Kyoko a bit t-too close?

Pushing that aside, she leaned back, trying to relax. But...things kept nagging at her mind, like how the navigator managed to shuffle them about. Maybe the rooms rotated slowly so that it wouldn't be perceived while the challenges were attempted? But that still begged the question of how the challenges swapped out so quickly. And the Navigator was relaxing, so it must have been automated...

Apparently continuing to miss the point of relaxing, Recette pushed that out of her mind. Closing her eyes, raising one hand to rest on Kyoko's head, she tried to focus on just that, mumbling in response, "Probably..."

Recette's stomach growled again, followed by a low groan.
After relaxing in this way for quite some time, Kyoko opens her eyes. Turning her body over, she props herself up to face Recette for a few seconds of wordless eye contact. Through Kyoko's eyes the only emotion that could be seen was appreciation. Having heard Recette's stomach growl for quite some time, Kyoko opens up with some friendly conversation, "I heard your stomach growling all this time, does that mean that we should get going? I'm sure there will be somewhere nice to eat."

Kyoko has no idea exactly how flirtatious she is being right now, even though it was clear through Recette's experience that Kyoko just didn't understand the meaning of her actions. This might not be too terrible, she was doing this right in front of the navigator. Although, potentially surprisingly to Recette, he has essentially no reaction, instead making small talk, "If what you want is a place to eat, I don't mind teleporting you to the exam site right now. It will give you both a chance to make preparations for the exam, eat, and maybe get some sleep if you need it. Though, since Kyoko jumped in with her only set of clothes, you should protect yourself against the elements. It would not do to get a cold on such an important day."

Sensing Kyoko's weight shift, Recette opened her eyes to see Kyoko staring back. "Wah!" she gasped, not expecting Kyoko to be even closer, lifting her hand.

As she lowered her arm back into the water, she thought for a moment about the proposal. "Er, well, I need to get ready first...wait, teleport?" Blinking she looked back at Kyoko before repeating, "Did he say...teleport?"

Sensing Kyoko's weight shift, Recette opened her eyes to see Kyoko staring back. "Wah!" she gasped, not expecting Kyoko to be even closer, lifting her hand.

As she lowered her arm back into the water, she thought for a moment about the proposal. "Er, well, I need to get ready first...wait, teleport?" Blinking she looked back at Kyoko before repeating, "Did he say...teleport?"
Kyoko notices Recette gets startled when she opens her eyes. Kyoko backed off immediately, moving her body completely away from Recette's. She didn't really understand this reaction, but Kyoko had been growing to understand that her level of comfort in any given situation was higher than Recette's, so she'd need to give her more room than she'd ever given anyone else. She did feel slightly hurt that she accidentally violated Recette right after she was feeling so relaxed, but Kyoko didn't allow herself to stay hurt. Instead she confirms Recette's statement, "Yeah, he said he was going to teleport us."

The Navigator shrugs, "I don't have to teleport you, but I'm fairly certain that it will be faster."

"O-okay, I thought I heard correctly, but..." Recette mumbled, before looking to Kyoko and wondering, "Wait, why are you so sure...actually, never mind." Taking a breath, she leaned back into the spring, chanting, "Relax...relax...relax..."

Popping back up, splashing water about, Recette gawked, "How is that even possible!? If such a thing could really happen then transportation through vehicles would be a thing of the past, freeing up tons of-" Backing down, she returned, to the water, "Relax...relax..."

Taking a deep breath, she got back up, making her towel was fine before getting another, drying her self out of sight, cleaning her clothes with the machine, and donning them. "Gah, my briefcase..." her voice echoed as she returned, looking around as if it would magically show up. Eyeing Mr. Teleportation Navi-guru, Recette said, "Well, it's the middle of the night, but it might be a good idea to get to Rindo now and make sure we're all ready for tomorrow." Crossing her arms, she challenged, "If you really can just magically warp us there."

"O-okay, I thought I heard correctly, but..." Recette mumbled, before looking to Kyoko and wondering, "Wait, why are you so sure...actually, never mind." Taking a breath, she leaned back into the spring, chanting, "Relax...relax...relax..."

Popping back up, splashing water about, Recette gawked, "How is that even possible!? If such a thing could really happen then transportation through vehicles would be a thing of the past, freeing up tons of-" Backing down, she returned, to the water, "Relax...relax..."

Taking a deep breath, she got back up, making her towel was fine before getting another, drying her self out of sight, cleaning her clothes with the machine, and donning them. "Gah, my briefcase..." her voice echoed as she returned, looking around as if it would magically show up. Eyeing Mr. Teleportation Navi-guru, Recette said, "Well, it's the middle of the night, but it might be a good idea to get to Rindo now and make sure we're all ready for tomorrow." Crossing her arms, she challenged, "If you really can just magically warp us there."
The navigator rises from the bath, moving towards the door opposite the direction you enter. "If you are ready to arrive at Rindo, then I'll oblige. Though, you certainly have a lot of doubt in your mind for someone who has begun to witness the most incredible aspects of the world. As a hunter, you are going to witness things far more impressive than a parlor trick like teleportation. I hope that you learn to see and accept everything as it is like your friend." He gestures over to Kyoko, who Recette can now see has removed both her shirt and skirt upon exiting the bath.

Before Recette can object to this behavior however, the navigator teleports both girls to the hunter exam cite. It appears to be an underground room with all sorts of powerful people wandering around. Upon entry, the girls are given a button representing what order they were in respect to the others how soon they reached the exam site. Since they technically arrived at precisely the same time, the distributer simply gave both buttons to Recette, allowing her to make the decision.

Meanwhile, many eyes were on Kyoko as she stood soaking wet and half naked wringing out the water of her clothing. Due to the careful nature in which she was doing so, it was unlikely she'd be done any time soon.

"K-Kyo-"

Recette began, before her world swapped for another, only Kyoko and her state of dress remaining the same. The underground chamber, was dingy, but dry, and even dusty. And with the eyes they were attracting...

Before Recette could do anything, her hands were filled with badges. Put on the spot, Recette sputtered a few nonsensical blubs as Kyoko continued her methodical work. While she was as shameless as ever, Recette flushed as she slapped the two badges on her skirt before pulling off her pink suit coat and throwing it over Kyoko.

"Take it off!" One would-be Hunter wolf whistled.

Recette gave him a growl before beginning to push Kyoko away towards where another man was coming in, his gaze distracted from the badge dispenser as he craned his head to look.

Once they were safely out of sight, Recette grumbled, "Jeez, Kyoko! I told you to be careful! These guys are all dangerous...well, so are you, but if you aren't careful they might try something really immoral and nasty! Men can be pigs! Says my dad...who's a man..."

"K-Kyo-"

Recette began, before her world swapped for another, only Kyoko and her state of dress remaining the same. The underground chamber, was dingy, but dry, and even dusty. And with the eyes they were attracting...

Before Recette could do anything, her hands were filled with badges. Put on the spot, Recette sputtered a few nonsensical blubs as Kyoko continued her methodical work. While she was as shameless as ever, Recette flushed as she slapped the two badges on her skirt before pulling off her pink suit coat and throwing it over Kyoko.

"Take it off!" One would-be Hunter wolf whistled.

Recette gave him a growl before beginning to push Kyoko away towards where another man was coming in, his gaze distracted from the badge dispenser as he craned his head to look.

Once they were safely out of sight, Recette grumbled, "Jeez, Kyoko! I told you to be careful! These guys are all dangerous...well, so are you, but if you aren't careful they might try something really immoral and nasty! Men can be pigs! Says my dad...who's a man..."
Kyoko, once again was reproached for behavior that she did not particularly understand. Kyoko had learned to simply listen to Recette and go along with whatever she decided was appropriate, but this did little to help her understand exactly why these things always went so poorly. With her clothes soaking wet, her body was growing cold rapidly, so it only made sense to take off her clothes. Although she was remiss that she'd be unable to wear the clothes her sister picked out for her, she rationalized this decision by reminding herself that she'd just end up ruining them if she wore them to a particularly strenuous challenge. Although she didn't expect much from the Hunter exam, she'd need to be prepared for anything.

Most pressing on Kyoko's mind however was attempting to understand what Recette meant by all those things she said about men. "I don't really understand what anyone would do to me just because I was drying my clothes. I know that one guy shouted something about taking something off, but I wasn't really sure what he was talking about. He didn't seem like he was going to do anything bad to me though."

"Well, no, I don't think he was going to do anything either, but..." Recette paused, rubbing her finger and thumb on her forehead. How was she going to explain this to Kyoko... No matter which way she worded it it just felt wrong...and the fact that Recette's ears were burning when Kyoko was just as carefree as normal may have been a tiny bit aggravating.

"It's not because you're drying your clothes, it's because you're not wearing any. Well, you're in your underwear, it's..." Wait, why was Recette thinking so dirty about it? Maybe with a bit of fudging the truth here or there...

"You see, it's just kind of...symbolic. Normally you only go around like that in your own home or with people you're close you, like family or boyfriends! I mean, there are exceptions like baths, but even then you shouldn't be in states of undress with people of different genders. It's a cultural thing! You see...if you're only supposed to be dressed like that with family, then some people might feel like you want them to be family and...you're too young to start a family!"

Satisfied she'd given a good answer, Recette nodded before stating, "Now, hurry up and get dressed, then we should find a hotel and get some food and sleep." Looking around, she spotted her briefcase back where they were teleported too. Rushing over, she snatched it back up before returning to Kyoko.

"Well, no, I don't think he was going to do anything either, but..." Recette paused, rubbing her finger and thumb on her forehead. How was she going to explain this to Kyoko... No matter which way she worded it it just felt wrong...and the fact that Recette's ears were burning when Kyoko was just as carefree as normal may have been a tiny bit aggravating.

"It's not because you're drying your clothes, it's because you're not wearing any. Well, you're in your underwear, it's..." Wait, why was Recette thinking so dirty about it? Maybe with a bit of fudging the truth here or there...

"You see, it's just kind of...symbolic. Normally you only go around like that in your own home or with people you're close you, like family or boyfriends! I mean, there are exceptions like baths, but even then you shouldn't be in states of undress with people of different genders. It's a cultural thing! You see...if you're only supposed to be dressed like that with family, then some people might feel like you want them to be family and...you're too young to start a family!"

Satisfied she'd given a good answer, Recette nodded before stating, "Now, hurry up and get dressed, then we should find a hotel and get some food and sleep." Looking around, she spotted her briefcase back where they were teleported too. Rushing over, she snatched it back up before returning to Kyoko.
Kyoko blinks. Not only was she far more confused than she was initially, but Recette had just asked something completely impossible of her. With the only clothing she had being soaking wet from jumping into the hot spring, the only clothing she could really rely upon was Recette's own jacket. Even if there are cultural expectations, whatever those are, about not showing your underwear to people you don't know well, what did that matter to her? Since people come from all over the world for the hunter exam, it makes sense that all sorts of different cultures would be housed together. Kyoko knew that she didn't hold a lot of beliefs associated with her geographic location, but she had her own way of living. She would be loath to change her behavior for someone she didn't care about. Though, even if it was just for Recette, maybe it would be worthwhile.

Looking somewhat vulnerable due to being unable to comply, "Recette, I don't have anything to wear."

Letting out a sigh, Recette took Kyoko's skirt, looping it around her waist as she insisted, "It barely touches your body anyway, though I'd be surprised if you actually caught a cold. Anyway, we'll go find a change of clothes first thing." Recette's stomach growled again, as if to challenge that. "First thing," she repeated. Raising her arms, she took her own suit coat, the blood no longer there from the cleaning, before pulling it up Kyoko's arms, buttoning it up...well, it didn't quite go high enough to cover everything, but at first glance in the middle of the night it would do.

Stepping back, nodding at her handiwork, Recette said, "Let's go."

Ascending up the stairs, they reached an elevator. Stepping in, Recette was surprised to see not an empty floor, but a room with several couches, a table, and a television, a mic attached, not unlike a karaoke box. There was a man present, wearing an open short sleeved shirt as he asked, "Going up? You can go to town as long as you're back here before 10 AM."

Recette nodded, and the man activate the elevator, which steadily rose for a few minutes, the doors behind them looking like walls once closed. Finally, it reached the top, and the man explained, "You didn't come through this way, so let me explain: when you get to the counter of the bar, ask the receptionist for Wester's Room. She'll mention that it's occupied, so tell her 'Wester's asking for a party of'...well, two in your case, but however many examinees that are with you. Since you have badges though you can't bring anyone without one, and if you tell...we have our ways."

Recette went for the door, saying, "Thank you! We'll keep that in mind." Once the two were outside, they headed out, Recette nodding to the receptionist before heading outside.

Recette cringed as she felt the cold, desert air. The sun was long gone leaving little heat for Rindo City, its buildings packed close together, the shades hanging above entryways fluttering gently in the slight breeze. Raising her arm, looking to those buildings that were still lit, she said, "There better be a clothes store open..."

Letting out a sigh, Recette took Kyoko's skirt, looping it around her waist as she insisted, "It barely touches your body anyway, though I'd be surprised if you actually caught a cold. Anyway, we'll go find a change of clothes first thing." Recette's stomach growled again, as if to challenge that. "First thing," she repeated. Raising her arms, she took her own suit coat, the blood no longer there from the cleaning, before pulling it up Kyoko's arms, buttoning it up...well, it didn't quite go high enough to cover everything, but at first glance in the middle of the night it would do.

Stepping back, nodding at her handiwork, Recette said, "Let's go."

Ascending up the stairs, they reached an elevator. Stepping in, Recette was surprised to see not an empty floor, but a room with several couches, a table, and a television, a mic attached, not unlike a karaoke box. There was a man present, wearing an open short sleeved shirt as he asked, "Going up? You can go to town as long as you're back here before 10 AM."

Recette nodded, and the man activate the elevator, which steadily rose for a few minutes, the doors behind them looking like walls once closed. Finally, it reached the top, and the man explained, "You didn't come through this way, so let me explain: when you get to the counter of the bar, ask the receptionist for Wester's Room. She'll mention that it's occupied, so tell her 'Wester's asking for a party of'...well, two in your case, but however many examinees that are with you. Since you have badges though you can't bring anyone without one, and if you tell...we have our ways."

Recette went for the door, saying, "Thank you! We'll keep that in mind." Once the two were outside, they headed out, Recette nodding to the receptionist before heading outside.

Recette cringed as she felt the cold, desert air. The sun was long gone leaving little heat for Rindo City, its buildings packed close together, the shades hanging above entryways fluttering gently in the slight breeze. Raising her arm, looking to those buildings that were still lit, she said, "There better be a clothes store open..."
Turning the tables on Kyoko, Recette manages to get Kyoko to blush this time. She had never been dressed by anyone other than her sister since she has always been so independent. To relinquish this control over to another person was something that even Kyoko understood. Though, in the end it worked out well enough. Kyoko never would have considered to wear the soaking wet skirt. Not because she was particularly worried about getting a cold, but instead because she didn't think wearing tarnished clothing to be better than just discarding it. Perhaps it was simply because her mind was always in combat mode, and doing whatever gives you an advantage in a fight was all she thought about.

Regardless, Kyoko wasn't one to get lost in the clouds. Although initially embarrassed, Kyoko was happy that she'd be able to sleep in a proper bed tonight. After listening to the men in charge of ensuring the hunter exam's rules aren't violated gives them the typical rundown, Kyoko follows Recette out into the desert night. "I hope so too, but at least it is a pretty night right?"

Looking up as she began to move, seeing the stars in the sky, the moon waxing, Recette admitted, "It is nice...though I wish I was better dressed for the cold."

With that thought on her mind, she lead the way, keeping eyes out for landmarks so that they could find there way back tomorrow. However, as Recette looked for any stores or stalls, nothing seemed to have quiet what she was looking for, except every so often when the smell of cooking food hit her nostrils.

Unable to wait any longer, she found a stand with a number of skewers on the grill. Forking over some cash from her briefcase, she ordered, "Two please." Handing one off to Kyoko, she couldn't even wait for it to cool before biting down, whimpering as she recoiled, tongue burnt. The taste whetted her appetite, however, and she was starting to think this one wouldn't be enough. Once the skewer had cooled a bit, she got one more, letting it cool as she tried to eat.

Moving on, briefcase looped on her wrists why her hands were full, her mood shot up as her belly began to receive sustenance. Swallowing a bite, she gave a relieved sigh before saying, "I needed that... But we still haven't found a good store...maybe they're all closed up?" If that were the case then... "Maybe we should just get some rest and try tomorrow. Your clothes will be dry by then."

Looking up as she began to move, seeing the stars in the sky, the moon waxing, Recette admitted, "It is nice...though I wish I was better dressed for the cold."

With that thought on her mind, she lead the way, keeping eyes out for landmarks so that they could find there way back tomorrow. However, as Recette looked for any stores or stalls, nothing seemed to have quiet what she was looking for, except every so often when the smell of cooking food hit her nostrils.

Unable to wait any longer, she found a stand with a number of skewers on the grill. Forking over some cash from her briefcase, she ordered, "Two please." Handing one off to Kyoko, she couldn't even wait for it to cool before biting down, whimpering as she recoiled, tongue burnt. The taste whetted her appetite, however, and she was starting to think this one wouldn't be enough. Once the skewer had cooled a bit, she got one more, letting it cool as she tried to eat.

Moving on, briefcase looped on her wrists why her hands were full, her mood shot up as her belly began to receive sustenance. Swallowing a bite, she gave a relieved sigh before saying, "I needed that... But we still haven't found a good store...maybe they're all closed up?" If that were the case then... "Maybe we should just get some rest and try tomorrow. Your clothes will be dry by then."
Kyoko looked a little guilty when Recette mentioned that she was cold. After all, it wasn't that she actually was ill suited for the cold, but instead it was actually that Kyoko was currently using her main source of protection merely as a means to cover herself. Though, admittedly, Kyoko too would likely be cold exposing herself to chilly winds like these without this protection.

Then, even while Kyoko found herself relying on Recette in this way, she even found herself being paid for by Recette. Normally Kyoko would have simply accepted such a treat without a second thought, but she understood how valuable this money was for Recette. She comes from a family in a lot of debt, and she had to somehow save enough to travel all this way. There was almost no doubt that Recette was low on funds. If she failed this exam, it was possible that she wouldn't have the funds to return right away. She'd probably have to seek employment all while worrying about the family back home. If there were any chance her sister might be in harm's way, even if it meant missing out on the Hunter's Exam, Kyoko would give up anything to return with all haste. Just the thought of Recette having no means to get back made Kyoko uneasy. Though Kyoko was aware that such a purchase would have little impact on if she'd make it back or not, she did feel like Recette must feel strongly about her if she was willing to spend money on her even when it is so scarce and important to her.

Taking ahold of her skewer, Kyoko softly blows on her food to cool it off slightly before taking a bite into it. Walking alongside Recette, she slowly enjoys her food. Kyoko found her own behavior odd, as she generally wasn't the type to savor anything other than combat. She was so introspective, and she moved at Recette's pace. She couldn't help but wonder exactly what was creating this change, despite finding it enjoyable.

Agreeing with Recette, "Sure. After all the things we did yesterday, a good rest would probably be good for us. There is no telling if we will even get another chance to rest during the exam." Changing inflection, "Did you have anywhere in mind?" Kyoko has slept in so many places that the idea of resting anywhere seemed viable to her. She wasn't even aware that inns and hotels were generally the expected area for travelers to spend the night.

"Well, I was just thinking we could find a motel or hotel...wait, what is the difference?" Letting her mind wonder, she shook her head, before saying, "It doesn't matter."

Stopping her walk, she saw a sign nearby, pointing over to a two story building. "This might work," Recette stated. Entering, the common room wasn't exactly lavish, but it was tidy all the same. Approaching the desk and letting the greeter say her no doubt often repeated lines, Recette queried, "Er, how much for two..."

Not sure if she wanted to be apart from Kyoko overnight, Recette said, "Two beds in one room? Versus two separate rooms?"

"A single room with two beds is 8000 Jenny. Two single bed rooms would be 11,000 Jenny."

Looking at her funds, Recette, sucked in her lip, before turning to Kyoko and saying, "Er, we could split the cost either way. Which would you prefer?"

"Well, I was just thinking we could find a motel or hotel...wait, what is the difference?" Letting her mind wonder, she shook her head, before saying, "It doesn't matter."

Stopping her walk, she saw a sign nearby, pointing over to a two story building. "This might work," Recette stated. Entering, the common room wasn't exactly lavish, but it was tidy all the same. Approaching the desk and letting the greeter say her no doubt often repeated lines, Recette queried, "Er, how much for two..."

Not sure if she wanted to be apart from Kyoko overnight, Recette said, "Two beds in one room? Versus two separate rooms?"

"A single room with two beds is 8000 Jenny. Two single bed rooms would be 11,000 Jenny."

Looking at her funds, Recette, sucked in her lip, before turning to Kyoko and saying, "Er, we could split the cost either way. Which would you prefer?"
Kyoko too was unsure of a difference between motels and hotels, though for very different reasons than Recette. Though, once she entered the establishment she quickly observed that it appeared to be a paid service. From what she gathered from the night clerk, it was also not a cheap service. Considering her position, it would be rather awkward regardless as Kyoko would soon explain to Recette.

Quietly, "I have money, but it is on this card." Kyoko waves a black card, "I'm only allowed to spend it on gear, food, and transportation. If I spend it on anything else, then my sister gets a punishment." Guiltily, "I can't pay for myself, so you should just get a bed to yourself, and I'll sleep somewhere in the room. I'm not even used to sleeping in a bed, so I really don't need one. Plus, I know that you are low on funds, so it is probably better to save money where you can. Just get a single bed room, I'll be fine."

"Not keeping your sister hostage my ass..." Recette pouted under her breath.

Considering the offer, Recette placed a few bills on the counter, requesting, "One single bed room please." Nodding, the receptionist went to fetch a key as Recette agreed, "We'll make it work."

Receiving the key for a room on the ground floor, Recette made her way through the hall, reaching their room. Entering, she found that it was as advertised from the receptionist earlier: a nice sized bedroom with a comfy looking armchair angled at a television set, close by to bookshelf, with a bed on the other side, a bathroom door nearby.

Setting her briefcase down by the door and locking it behind Kyoko, Recette just wanted to leap onto the bed and descend into sleep after what had been perhaps the most physically strenuous day in her life. Instead, she managed to contain herself, walking over and taking a seat, suggesting, "The armchair looks nice, but if you don't want to sleep there...this bed miiiight be big enough for both of us, and I'll bet they'd get us extra blankets if we asked. I like to wrap myself up."

"Not keeping your sister hostage my ass..." Recette pouted under her breath.

Considering the offer, Recette placed a few bills on the counter, requesting, "One single bed room please." Nodding, the receptionist went to fetch a key as Recette agreed, "We'll make it work."

Receiving the key for a room on the ground floor, Recette made her way through the hall, reaching their room. Entering, she found that it was as advertised from the receptionist earlier: a nice sized bedroom with a comfy looking armchair angled at a television set, close by to bookshelf, with a bed on the other side, a bathroom door nearby.

Setting her briefcase down by the door and locking it behind Kyoko, Recette just wanted to leap onto the bed and descend into sleep after what had been perhaps the most physically strenuous day in her life. Instead, she managed to contain herself, walking over and taking a seat, suggesting, "The armchair looks nice, but if you don't want to sleep there...this bed miiiight be big enough for both of us, and I'll bet they'd get us extra blankets if we asked. I like to wrap myself up."
Although Kyoko easily heard Recette's remark, she didn't really feel like explaining the situation when Recette was tired. After all, the story behind why this form of punishment was even in place was a long story, and Recette probably wouldn't be up for hearing it right now. Or at least, Kyoko knew she wouldn't want to in the same position. In the end a good rest already seemed good to Kyoko. Just thinking about how nice it would be to recharge before the Hunter Exam made her let out a yawn.

As they entered the room, Kyoko noticed the layout of the room, and by force of habit planned an escape route should anything go wrong. After becoming familiar with her surroundings, before Recette could even talk about the armchair, Kyoko did the very thing that Recette refrained from. Losing the soaked skirt at the plane of the door as to avoid messing up the covers, Kyoko had made a giant leap on top of the bed. It appears that in the end, even feeling much more subdued than usual, some habits just die hard for Kyoko. Though, she did regret her actions as Recette muttered those words, as she basically had no way to hide the fact that she liked the bed even as much as she'd like to pretend that she'd be ok with the armchair.

Embarrassed, "I um, well. Would you believe me if I said I wanted the chair?" Kyoko asks the question futilely, merely asking so that Recette can embarrass her further.

Status
Not open for further replies.