HUNTER: In the Blood and In the Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've told him nothing because I am a dick and won't even tell my brother.

1. What geographical location is your character from? Be vague if you must, but specifics would be cool.(Some of you have specified in your backstory. Others haven't.)
Natalie attended Princeton University in NJ, but is originally from a wealthy suburb of Philadelphia, PA.​

2. What geographical location do you WANT to start off in? What do you think would be fun? (Name as many as you like or just pick your favorite.)
Wherever it fits. Natalie is on assignment, so while I have her imagined as being stationed (currently) in Seattle, she can and does move about pretty easily, and that can be changed.​

3. Where do you think I'm going to put you? >:]
SURREY, FUCKING BRITISH COLUMBIA​
NOT SURREY, ENGLAND.​
>:[​
Honestly, I have no idea. I think you're going to put Natalie six feet under.​

Reactions: Dawn
1. Southern United States

2. Anywhere, North America

3. Having his truck break down on the path of some Hunters. D:

MY BIO IS A GO! 8D

ALSO:

1. What geographical location is your character from?
New England Area. O___O Specifics are undecided.

2. What geographical location do you WANT to start off in? What do you think would be fun?
As it happens, I like the New England area. 8D I also like the Nothern-Southern states. And am partial to the Cascadia area in the west. Chicago is cool too and so is New Orleans! I am partial to small towns outside of large cities. >:3

3. Where do you think I'm going to put you?
In hell. T____T

[fieldbox="Stasi, purple, solid"]
NAME: Anastasia (Stasi) Cohen

CLASSIFICATION: Hunter

DESTINY: Blood

APPEARANCE:
Stasi is fairly tall for a woman, standing at 5'7". She is covered in a distinguishable amount of freckles.

SKILLS/ABILITIES:

Stasi knows her way around firearms despite her delicate appearance. She is not, however, great with every gun. She typically sticks to long range weapons, but will use a handgun if necessary.

She also is decent, emphasis on decent, in hand-to-hand combat. She's no master in it, and tries to steer clear from being in situations where it is needed, but she can still defend herself in that way if needed.

SPECIAL: Stasi can (usually) read people like a book.

Drawbacks: Due to Stasi being able to tell how people are, she has a lack of trust with people.

FEARS: She is scared of storms, and most of all, getting stabbed in the back. Aka being betrayed.

Desires: She desires to stay alive, most of all, and to accomplish any task thrown at her. She is the kind of person that just wants to get things done.

SYNOPSIS: Paranoia. That is what she is filled with. Starting at a young age, Stasi was trained to be a Hunter by her father's best friend, Samuel. She had a natural gift of reading people, and always used it to her advantage. However, it came with a price. Overtime, she noticed herself getting very uncomfortable around people, and would only really associate with Samuel and her family.

Now at the age of twenty-one, she can't walk without nervous glances behind her. Sometimes her paranoia comes in handy, though. She can spot anything malevolent from a mile away. She seeks to weed out anything evil to the best of her abilities.

"I think paranoia can be instructive in the right doses. Paranoia is a skill."

[/fieldbox]

The Cast List has been updated.

There is now ONE spot open for In the Blood and I'm considering it more or less claimed by Grumpy since he's already started his sheet. Unless he takes over a week to finish. 8| @Grumpy

At this point I think I will wait until tomorrow for IC, just because that gives a short window for last-minute apps for In the Flesh. We've almost got a full house!

IF YOU WERE INTERESTED BUT YOU MISS THE WINDOW AND SLOTS ARE FULL: Post something here. I'm doing a headcount.

[fieldbox="Vitus, white, solid"]
NAME: Vitus Wainwright

CLASSIFICATION: Innate witch

DESTINY: Flesh

APPEARANCE: Looks homeless. Normally wearing tattered blue jeans, a t-shirt promoting the local sports team, and worn boots. His backpack, largely held together by duct tape and amateur stitching and containing everything he owns, is rarely seen within arm's distance of him.

SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Police procedures (rusty), local knowledge, urban survival

SPECIAL:
Minor intangibility: every once in a while, he's just not there when something should connect with his body. No, he can't drive through walls or stand up to withering, automatic gunfire or anything -- it's more of a curiosity more than anything at this point.

DRAWBACKS:
Doomed: You don't get cool powers for free. Fate will not be kind to Vitus, and his death will occur sooner rather than later, and in all likelihood, violently, no matter what steps he takes to prevent it.

Destitute: Relies on charity to feed and clothe him. No permanent residence. Currently sleeping in a parking garage downtown.

FEARS: Falling out of God's favor, aversion to guns

DESIRES: Justice, law, spreading the word of the Lord

SYNOPSIS:

Lord, confuse the wicked, confound their words,
for I see violence and strife in the city.
Day and night they prowl about on its walls;
malice and abuse are within it.
Destructive forces are at work in the city;
threats and lies never leave its streets.

~Psalms 55:9-11

They call it "victim precipitated homicide" in the offical reports. The media and everyone else call it "suicide by cop." After all the interviews, inquiries, and internal investigations, what it came down to was this: Three years ago on December 28th, Patrolman Vitus Wainwright lawfully shot and killed Dylan Mesta, 17, during a traffic stop. The whole thing was caught on camera. It was his first day out of the academy.

The video leaked in record time. Within an hour of the story breaking, the raw bodycam footage had been downloaded from the department's servers and spread around the world. There was no indictment, no protests, no riots, no angry pleas for justice -- even the kid's own mother, somewhat coldly, told reporters that it was only a matter of time. Though it was considered a tragedy, the community overwhelmingly supported him. Those who didn't believe his story at first needed only to watch the video, see his partner drop to the ground after the kid pulled the gun out, hear his panicked pleas for backup while he took cover behind the cruiser. It was a textbook example, an open and shut case. No one blamed him.

Except Vitus himself. He'd had a strong sense of right and wrong ever since he could remember. It's why he took the police entrance exam at seventeen, why he found himself in church every Sunday, listening to sermons of injustice and evil in the world. More than anything, he wanted to be a force for good, but that just seemed naive now. Less than eight hours into his new job, and a kid was dead because of him, and for what reason? He could do better, and he didn't need a badge or gun to do it. The Lord was testing him.

That explained the weird things happening to him lately. Like how he'd been hit in the gunfight, felt the bullet miss his vest and pierce his side. When the ambulance arrived, however, he was unscathed. They attributed it to nerves, saying traumatic events can alter a person's perception of pain or some shit. He didn't buy it. Someone was watching over him. God had a plan for him, and he wasn't about to ignore the call.

He never showed up for his second day after the investigation was over and his mandatory suspension lifted. Everyone said he'd cracked from the pressure, poor guy. With his saved-up pay from his time in the academy, he abandoned his apartment and just drove, waiting for some sort of sign to tell him where to go and what to do. It never came. When Vitus ran out of money, he sold his car. When that money dried up, he found himself living on the street. He still hasn't found his purpose in the two years since, but surely the good Lord hasn't forgotten about him.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Astaroth
Cast. List. Updated. 8|

Name | Destiny | Classification
Bronwyn Eden | Flesh | Witch

APPEARANCE:

blue-eyes-brown-hair-brunette-fashion-girl-Favim.com-435232.jpg
SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Bronwyn has basic knowledge of the human body and hand-to-hand combat (which has proven to be useful; only enough to defend herself if she were put in a bad situation). "Shadow Puppetry" with limitations (listed below). Overall basic idea: using someone's shadow as a means of control. There are times where her ability is subconsciously used under extreme emotional states (e.g. if she was in danger).

Limitations include...
1. the inability to manipulate the person on the receiving end if there is no shadow cast by said person. No light, no shadow, no control.
2. the possibility of resistance if the manipulated party is aware that they are under her control.
3. the weakening of the effect of manipulation depending on the varying sizes of the shadow. The weaker (smaller) the shadow, the weaker hold she has on a person.
4. the impossibility of using this form of manipulation on other witches/faeries/demons.

SPECIAL/DRAWBACK:
There's nothing particularly "special" about her. She has poor communication skills and expressing herself to others, she's clumsy, sometimes a bit irrational with her decisions, and can be completely oblivious to her surroundings. However, this shouldn't discredit her intelligence. She just generally prefers to keep to herself which causes her to appear somewhat stand-offish to those who wish to approach her.
FEARS/DESIRES:
She has an extreme fear of spiders. If one were to crawl near her, she'd ask a two year old to squish it for her (slight exaggeration, she wouldn't willingly put a child in danger). Bronwyn also as a relatively common fear of being rejected by others whether it is romantically or just by the society as a whole. // Her desires come and they go. There are times where she just wants to be left alone, other times she just needs a friend.
SYNOPSIS:
She's not entirely sure from whom she inherited her abilities from, just that it started on her father's side of the family way back when. She wasn't exposed much to the supernatural as a child, her mother claiming that it was too dangerous of a place for innocent eyes to see. Bronwyn also believed that her mother didn't want anything to do with it nor did she want reminders of the "gift" that her father possibly passed on her. She found her guess right the day her mother decided she couldn't deal with Bronwyn anymore and sent her off to live with a cousin on her father's side.

She didn't know much about her father, didn't care much for it either. Growing up she had no real reason to venture out and find the sperm donor that packed up and left because he didn't want a brat walking around messing up his life. Her early childhood wasn't that bad though. It was all you really could expect. She was clothed, fed, sent to school everyday. Aside from the hiccup of her mother sending her away, things were fine. Before and after the move. Bronwyn was a quiet, shy girl who stuttered with words when she was nervous (most times when meeting new people or when put on the spot). This made it a bit difficult to integrate herself in schools and with large groups of people in general.

Last edited:
1. What geographical location is your character from? Be vague if you must, but specifics would be cool.(Some of you have specified in your backstory. Others haven't.)
-Stasi is from Nashville, Tennessee

2. What geographical location do you WANT to start off in? What do you think would be fun? (Name as many as you like or just pick your favorite.)

- Somewhere in France, Paris would be nice. Anywhere but Tennessee.

- Tennessee T__T

Englaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. Probably outside of London. He didn't grow up in his ancestral home which is much more northwards.

I am not all that picky. Ethan is perfectly happy going wherever the council thinks he is needed.

Egypt!

God dammit guys, had to use IRL pictures. -ugly sobbing as I shift through pictures of real people trying to find something that works-

Also does anyone know when Ozzie will be on? The sooner I talk to him the quicker I can get my shiz done lol

@Grumpy

I see Harry de-aged a few decades and grew tits. :U

In the Blood is officially full. In the Flesh has one remaining spot and... two people making characters. :|

@Nameless and @Vio

I don't want to make this be a contest of who finishes first, so I will allow both of you to play so long as you get your sheets done by Friday. If you don't get them done by then, one of you is SOL unless I decide to run a sidestory.

Anyone else reading along: Who would be interested in said theoretical sidestory?

@Auntie Phaz @Sora1297 @Arcadia Lumina @daemon_reaver @Red Velvet

@Cerulean @Melancholy @Dawn @Grumpy @Seiji @Diana @Yokai @Vay @Tribs @fatalrendezvous @Vonghese @Bob @CrispBonespider

REGARDING THE IC: I got a late start today and am just getting home from work. IC will be up late tonight or sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

That belt loop that holds her skirt up is actually really cool. That way she can wear a conservative dress when going about her daily routine, then modify for action without ruining a perfectly good skirt with a rip.

The effect being sexy, but not slutty.

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
That belt loop that holds her skirt up is actually really cool. That way she can wear a conservative dress when going about her daily routine, then modify for action without ruining a perfectly good skirt with a rip.

The effect being sexy, but not slutty.
I didn't even think about that, thanks for highlighting it for me! Alas I wish to steer away from red heads as it seems there are already a few in the role-play. I don't really have any concepts in mind for a witch either.

She doesn't have to be a real redhead. I was just commenting on the art piece anyway, but it would make for a great character portrait, since it does show some good personality.

What are you considering for your character, anyway?

Oh, and I'd be interested in a side story, Ozzie.

Military acronyms are so cute... the guy in charge of the support-by-fire element of a platoon is called the Weapons Squad Leader, informally known as the weasel. It's especially funny because that guy is usually the most professional, high-speed guy in the platoon.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.