How to Train Your Dragon OOC and Sign-ups (Spoiler Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I've been a bit busy, and i completely forgot I needed to finish the history... Yeah I just realised about the image. I'll fix it when I do the history. And about the dragon, I purposely didn't read the parts about the berkish dragons so my character has no meta about them (other than night furies, whose legend would naturally have spread everywhere), so yeah I suspected there might be a lightning dragon but i didn't know for sure. Plus, that metal dragon has electric attacks so it doesn't seem far fetched. And on the subject of two breath attacks - that was purely to justify the name. I'll change it later.

Kind of creepy that it eats other dragons, but Ok. You're good.

Well there'll always be some dragons that eat other dragons. I mean, logically speaking, there must be a ratio of dragon:animal of at least 1:1, but the difference is dragons eat 3 or 4 animals in one sitting.

Name: Alexi Sawtooth
Appearance:

Alexi is a tall, gangly young man who seems to have not yet grown into his limbs. His features are rather striking but not necessarily uncommon for the area. With pale skin and paler hair, the young rider is often mistaken for a girl, something he's hardly even bothered by due to the frequency of the mistake. His features are sharp and angular as opposed to the broader look many viking men carry, but his thin build does afford for him to be more aerodynamic and to be quick enough to keep up with his mount when they're grounded. His eyes are, in his opinion, his best feature being a pale gray in color that can be quite cutting when his mood changes for the worst.
As far as style he usually ties his long hair back from his face or braids it to keep it out of the way. He wears normal viking garb when not riding, though he avoids heavier pelts so as not to be slowed down. As far as his riding gear, he wears thick leathers to provide some protection against his mount's spikes and against the elements. He has a set of goggles to protect from rain and wind and wears a thick fur lined hood to keep out rain and cold. His hood is also equipped with a leather mask that covers his face from nose to chin to prevents wind burn as much as possible. One other note to be made, due to his mount's electrical tendencies any closure that might be made of metal in normal riding gear is crafted of bone for his suit.

Personality: Like his dragon, Alexi is known to be temperamental. He's not necessarily hot headed, but anyone who's spent extended time with the boy can vouch for his grim, pessimistic attitude paired with a strange, unwavering determination. He whines, he complains, he promises doom in every situation not to mention his uncomfortable interactions with others, human and dragon alike. He asks a lot of questions, stares at the object of his questions for uncomfortable lengths of time, and often abruptly leaves in the midst of conversations. Some say he's rude, others awkward, and more still just settle with strange. Among all of his odd behavior though, there is at least one admirable trait to be found, Alexi never, ever goes back on his word. For better or worse, if he makes a promise, says he can do something, or commits himself to something, he does it come rain, or sleet, or storm, or mortal injury. This trait, if nothing else, makes him an extremely useful rider. His commitment to his 'near untrainable' dragon and his natural intelligence makes him a huge asset on a team, if you can bear with the whining. He'll go out of his way to ensure success and is surprisingly loyal despite his oddness.

History: Alexi's parents were married for only a year when the young couple welcomed their son into the world.Both of them joined the movement for dragon riding after Hiccup proved its viability, each committing their skills as viking warriors to riding. Their son, of course, was fascinated and grew older around his parents' dragons, a pair of ill tempered Hotburples that both kept him alive and in line and provided hours of play. It was when Alexi turned ten that his life really took a turn for the strange. His mother was killed on a routine mission, her dragon being attacked by a rouge Whispering Death, pitching both rider and Hotburple into the sea. Alexi managed and his father managed, both of them spending more time in the sky on his dragon's back than among their fellow villagers. It was a perfectly average day, six months later, when while picking his way among the nearby woods that the boy found himself caught in a sudden storm. Whilst making his way back to the village, Alexi was abruptly and nonchalantly struck by lightning. Other than singed hair he appeared to be fine, though it was later revealed that a small current of electricity still ran through his body. This current is not harmful to him for the most part, though he's occasionally found with a case of the twitches that has not yet negatively affected him in anyway anyone can tell. Also he is known to sometimes shock others, much like one might due to static in the winter, except his does it all year long, fairly frequently.

Two years after being struck, now late in his twelfth year and just before choosing or being awarded a dragon for the academy, Alexi went flying with his father on a routine scouting mission and to give the boy a bit more experience for the academy. His father was not alarmed nor surprised when a storm kicked up and the pair made for home safely, safe for the last ten minutes of the journey. In a sudden clap of thunder and flash of lightning, a juvenile Skrill appeared, none too pleased to run into a Hotburple and two vikings. The two dragons seemed itching for a fight, but in a strange turn of events, the Skrill noticed Alexi's little current and was distracted momentarily. Alexi's father took the opportunity and fled, knowing even Hiccup thought Skrills were best left alone or frozen. But, fate had a different idea, and the young Skrill followed them home, if not happily.

Not surprisingly it caused a lot of damage, ate a lot of sheep, and became a general hazard for the village. Alexi followed it around, attempting to reign it in, usually getting scrapes and bites and bruises in return. Many of the villagers wanted the destructive creature ousted as Hiccup had done with a Skrill years before, but for whatever reason, perhaps Alexi's persistence and pleading and Hiccup's own approval of his training attempts, the Skrill calmed slightly, saving most of his bad behavior for Alexi himself. In the three years sense, Alexi and the aptly named Arrow have made their way through a few years of training and have grown to some degree. They still scrabble, Arrow still doesn't like being trained, and they both cause damage to various facilities and each other on a regular basis, but it's clear in some small way, they love each other.

Type of Dragon: Skrill
Dragon's Name: Arrow
Dragon's Appearance:

573px-HTTYD_15_-_Skrill.png

Arrow is fairly standard looking for a Skrill, though he's slightly more gray in the belly and wing area than some of his kind. Being a young dragon he's still a little smaller than a fully grown Skrill. He's also missing a few teeth from rough housing. Note: Alexi's saddle sits between the second and third back spike, it's a tight fit but the best place to navigate and not get impaled.

Dragon's Personality: Arrow, like most of his kind, is extremely ill tempered. He's prone to starting fights, disregarding others and eating anything he can fit in his mouth....especially sheep. He is very protective of Alexi despite their frequent fights and will literally attempt to kill anything that messes with him, which may explain Alexi's lack of love life. They fight regularly and often disagree but seem to have some understanding that they need to keep their fights to the ground, as disagreeing in the air could get them both killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WesteriaVale
I did notice one typo upon re-checking:
GoodEveningClarice said:
One other note to be made, due to his mount's electrical tendencies any closure that might be made of medal in normal riding gear is crafted of bone for his suit.
But that was all.

And I put up a banner in the rotation so hopefully we'll be getting more people soon.

Yay! And I fixed that, I reread it like five times and missed that of all things. x D

I come across amusing things sometimes. No matter how many times I re-read. At least it was a safe error. Not like this one time I made a typo and turned the word into a bad one... ._.

Hahah I'm sure I've done that before. I'm already thinking of another character > > More people should join right now though.

Reactions: WesteriaVale
Haha. I'm hoping we'll get at least two more people to join now that my ad was approved. :D *dances off happily*

I hope so. The banner is really cute.

I really want to join but I don't know how long I can keep up 3 para posts Dx I know I can keep up 2 para for quite a while, but maybe I can work with it over a while...?

It might be easier for you to do since we will all be typing a lot. Should provide plenty of things for you to reply to. Not to mention this awesome concept is totally worth a challenge : D

My problem is that I'm trapped on my iPod 9 times out of 10, so it's harder for me to pump out really long replies and it makes me all sad face x( but I can, when properly motivated, give good replies. Such as my replies to a different dragon rp I'm in.

I know exactly how Shadicmaster feels, I typed my replies for a long time on a Nintendo 3DS. I personally think 3 paragraphs is a bit much, especially for mobile devices, but in the end it's up to Westeria.

Omg, the 3ds is so much worse Dx I had to deal with that while my iPod was being replaced!

Anyone wanna see the original dragon I'm planning on using? Looks so awesome to me ^w^
[spoili]
httyd_oc_blacksteak_by_petplayer976-d4xuwxt.png
[/spoili]

I personally think 3 paragraphs is a bit much, especially for mobile devices, but in the end it's up to Westeria.
Why does it make any difference on a mobile device? *scratches head* Because it's not instant gratification? Because it's not fast? Sometimes if you take a little time and put a little effort into it, it'll be worth it.

I did state at the beginning and let everyone know what sort of quality I expected from my applicants. If you say cannot do it, then it might be best to not even apply. Though if you want to learn and give it shot, go ahead. I'm willing to help you improve. It's a group RP and really easy here to keep up a bigger post. Really easy. And I wont take people who cannot and are not willing to try. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
And since some of us are used to typing a lot we can all help each other! Mobiles are a total pain at tomes but like Westeria said it's totally worth the work. I used to be stuck on my phone or tablet a lot but I managed. It'll be great, seriously guys : D

Status
Not open for further replies.