How to Train Your Dragon OOC and Sign-ups (Spoiler Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanna see the original dragon I'm planning on using? Looks so awesome to me ^w^
[spoili]
httyd_oc_blacksteak_by_petplayer976-d4xuwxt.png
[/spoili]
Das a cool dragon. It looks like a wolf griffin dragon or something X D

Let me explain something about typing posts on the Nintendo 3DS, especially on a website that has asynchronous programming like Iwaku, where the page doesn't reload every time you post. Loading pages is slow. The thing hates images, which I'm sure you've noticed we have quite a few of.

You have a three inch screen, with a keyboard so small that you have to use the pen stylus for every message you send. No using thumbs, no putting in two letters at once, you hunt and peck type for everything. Then, once you've taken the time and effort to type in your 3 paragraph post and you tap the "Post Reply" button, there's a chance that the website will eat your post. I typed something for six characters about ten times once, and that's no joke. Eventually, what was a relatively detailed post devolved into six one liners.

Now, most mobile devices don't have that problem. But logistically speaking, it is much harder to organize your posts, much longer to type them up, and especially difficult to see how long what you're posting actually is.

I'm not saying that I'm not willing to do it, I'm saying that I post from a phone a lot (I am right now, actually, just posting a draft I wrote on my computer) and I won't get things up nearly as often if I can't.

I FINALLY managed to convince my father to let me on the computer once a day, so I will be seriously cramming my rp's >~< But yes, you are correct in that group rps are easier to keep up with and I had completely forgotten to incorporate that issue. I can, and will give long posts, more than likely over the requirement, for the first 3-16 posts, but after that I will need some serious help. Im not saying im not willing to learn. Far from it. I was just giving heads up as to my needing assistance later in the rp.

Let me explain something about typing posts on the Nintendo 3DS, especially on a website that has asynchronous programming like Iwaku, where the page doesn't reload every time you post. Loading pages is slow. The thing hates images, which I'm sure you've noticed we have quite a few of.

You have a three inch screen, with a keyboard so small that you have to use the pen stylus for every message you send. No using thumbs, no putting in two letters at once, you hunt and peck type for everything. Then, once you've taken the time and effort to type in your 3 paragraph post and you tap the "Post Reply" button, there's a chance that the website will eat your post. I typed something for six characters about ten times once, and that's no joke. Eventually, what was a relatively detailed post devolved into six one liners.

Now, most mobile devices don't have that problem. But logistically speaking, it is much harder to organize your posts, much longer to type them up, and especially difficult to see how long what you're posting actually is.

I'm not saying that I'm not willing to do it, I'm saying that I post from a phone a lot (I am right now, actually, just posting a draft I wrote on my computer) and I won't get things up nearly as often if I can't.
I wrote on a nook for over a year. It was a pain in the butt, yes. The buttons were small and my finger oils made the screen less sensitive. But I did it. It just took me 2x as long. I'm no stranger to mobile posting. But using that as an excuse for an RP that clearly stated in the first post that less than 3 paragraphs wouldn't be allowed? That just doesn't make sense to me. That was what I was getting at.
I FINALLY managed to convince my father to let me on the computer once a day, so I will be seriously cramming my rp's >~< But yes, you are correct in that group rps are easier to keep up with and I had completely forgotten to incorporate that issue. I can, and will give long posts, more than likely over the requirement, for the first 3-16 posts, but after that I will need some serious help. Im not saying im not willing to learn. Far from it. I was just giving heads up as to my needing assistance later in the rp.
Well, I'm willing to help and it sounds like GoodEveningClarice is also willing to help you out if you need it. So we've got you covered there.

Name: Menasa Raykugen
Appearance:
image.jpg
Fairly tanned in comparison with most of the Viking populous and bearing thick, dark hair that he refuses to cut much more than just trimming the ends, Menasa definitely sticks out. His hair is almost always braided and reaches down to his upper back. He generally has a stern look to him, as if always on alert, looking for something when nothing is there, but if you catch him in a good mood and tell a few good jokes, you'll get to see his brilliant smile. Tall and lean, though with a fair amount of muscle mass, Menasa can definitely hold his own, though with the added advantage to being small enough to be agile and quick.
Personality: Very quiet in almost all respects, the most he ever speaks is when he is speaking to Khozo, his dragon. He isn't opposed to speaking to others, he just doesn't see much use to it, so he only speaks when necessary.
History: Son of two very experienced hunters, Menasa grew up always on the move, always learning how to provide for his peoples. One day, however, a strange task was assigned to his family, to ride off upon their dragons, taking a few extras along with them, and go off in exploration of new territories. At this time, Menasa was only eleven, not quite the official age to own a dragon himself, but he already had his picked out for when he was old enough. Khozo, as he called the dragon, was always the kindest to him and they got along very well, so his parents had no objections to the young boy's decision. When on the trip, they took the juvenile dragon with them as they flew out across nearly endless seas. One day, though, they came across a small, ovular island that seemed to have bountiful inhabitation. They all landed so as to meet these new people's and make peace among nations, the mission having great success. After a month or so, they were in need of returning home to report their findings, much to young Menasa's dismay, but he didnt dare disobey his parents, and so, off he flew, they leaving a couple of dragons behind as good will gifts. Only a good five minutes off shore, however, they were attacked by a screaming death, Menasa being told to dive off into the sea. As he did so, his parents and their dragons fell close being him, barely alive. Khozo, having followed closely behind the group, fished Menasa out of the sea to bring him back to land and gather help, but by the time that he had come back with the other Feather-hides, it was too late, leaving a traumatized little boy on this foreign island to live. He did, however, grow up nicely with the other children, learning their traditions and trying to fit in as well as he could, but at heart, he was still back home with his people. At night, he would hide and cry for his lost parents, crying till he couldn't anymore, then letting Khozo carry him to his small adoptive home to sleep. He grew up like this for years until he grew stronger, mentally and emotionally, and made himself more useful. By the age of fifteen, he is now able to join dragon training class.
Type of Dragon: Common Feather-hide
Dragon's Name: Khozo
Dragon Breed Description:
image.jpg
Very common in uncharted, far north-eastern regions, these dragons are built tough. They had to survive in almost constant cold, and thus, through natural selection, only the smartest lived to pass their knowledge to the next generation. One of the main reasons for this is due to being able to remember where to find prey, and also, finding more uses to it than just consumption. The large birds in the north are favorites of these dragons, they being about half as tall as the dragons that are about the size of a large wolf, or maybe a horse's foal, reaching up just past the waist on an average human adult. The birds that these dragons hunted had large feathers to accompany their large bodies, and so, to further insulate against the cold, these dragons would pluck a few feathers from each catch and tuck them in their most tempature sensitive areas, just between layers of scales so that they would stay. Over the years, evolution and adaption had its way with the creatures and they began to grow large feathers of their own, thus saving them time and energy spent plucking and aranging, and giving them more time to hunt. Eventually, though, as prey dwindled, the dragons had to move south so as to find more food, though some brave troopers stayed behind to ensure a safe nesting place should the others ever come back. Heading south into more forested regions, these dragons came in contact with humans who named them Feather-hides due to their abnormal adaption. Seeing that these humans had an abundance of food, the Feather-hides bonded themselves to these humans so as to obtain it and to learn the ways to hunt in this area. Ever since, these dragons have been loyal companions to these humans, they becoming the most basic of dragons for a new rider to obtain due to their ease of training, their loyalty, and their good tempered nature.
Feather-hides are very connected to their surroundings, able to sense things within the earth and sky as if having an evolutionary sixth sense, but their fire breath attacks are very weak, only useful for taking prey out of the sky, knocking it to the ground, without harming it too much. This evolutionary trait came about so as to waist as little of the animal as possible to charring.

Khozo has blue markings painted on him, though most Feather-hides are rather plain.
Dragon's Personality: Khozo is very loyal to Menasa, and isn't very violent in nature. He often treats Menasa as more of a child than a young adult, as he basically raised him.

Last edited:
Reactions: WesteriaVale
Before I continue my CS, I needed to know if a sort of Native American like race is allowed, since that would work best with the feather-hide. If not, then I can work around the minor inconvinience.
((Is total noob who only watched the first movie a couple weeks ago))

Before I continue my CS, I needed to know if a sort of Native American like race is allowed, since that would work best with the feather-hide. If not, then I can work around the minor inconvinience.
((Is total noob who only watched the first movie a couple weeks ago))
If you can justify why someone like that would be in Berk, go right ahead. After all, we have a banished Asian princess at Berk.

And how could you have only watched it a few weeks ago?! At least now you know what you were missing right? Have you seen the second yet?

My parents have a huge death to all dragons thing for whatever reason xD it took me forever to convince them to let me watch the first one because now I'm finally getting some freedom like a job and a prepaid debit card, so I had to get it with my own money. But no, I haven't seen the second yet. Probably wont be able to until it is available to rent.

*Has a mini heart attack* That's terrible! Well, the entire second movie is pretty much spoiled for you now...Jolly Good.

I really don't mind xD also, I finished my had after if you would want to look it over

I looked it over and according to your CS, your parents died 8 years ago. Technically Berk at the time of the second movie was only 5 years ago. So anything before that is cannon movie timeline and I'm not messing with it. So if you'd like to up the age when you came to Berk, or to make another change, that'd be good.

Lol, then I'll half it to four years ago. Just gimme a sec on that xD

Well, if no one else joins by Monday I'm going to re-do the RP a little bit so it's workable with a smaller group.

Omg! The second movie was so amazing there are no words! xO *flails about like a muppet*

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure if I will join this RP, but I'm posting my interest. I might be back with a CS.

@Shadicmaster I don't really follow you. =/ I know I'm a liar, but stalker is definitely one thing I'm not. I was probably one of the first people to view this thread, but I didn't have room for it at first so I waited it out.

I'm jut messin with ya, its totally cool. A bit of a joke I have with my rl friend because I find a good rp just a day before her and then she comes and gets on my butt about being at all the rp's she wants to join

Quiet Musician, Thanks for the interest. :)

And just a head count, who's still interested after the (possibly) holiday break? This is also a time to pick up any other characters you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.