• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
The globe had nothing unusual on it. It was a classic globe with two halves.

@Verite @Yun Lee @ParentsRoom

The monsters did not seem affected by the mist, but neither did the group. Everyone's skin was fine. There were no codexes on the monsters, but it didn't seem their arms could support wristwear anyway.

Lucas cleared his throat. "Did I forget to mention it could take hours for symptoms to appear?"

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @Kaykay @MonitoringRoom

Amir rolled a one.

39cfBpJ.png

This took her to the first orange square. "Let's see... Ah, you get a memory problem! Or, whatever. You guys were in the guest house, right? You know, the one with the slot machine and shit? I set that up myself, just so ya know. Anyway, what was the statuette you found in the cabinet locked with a padlock?"

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Glostechk @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter @dark @Gands @DrawingRoom

"A hit!"

Boats Remaining: 3
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO

Bullet exchanged a glance with Nancy and went ahead and pressed B2.

"A miss!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

"Hit the ones around it then," Shane said.

@Jeremi @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Basement

A statuette? Statuette, statuette...oh! Perhaps he meant what Toffee and the others had in the attic? It was the only thing that came to mind and had been important in that situation in the house.

"The statuette was a tree..." she answered, biting her bottom lip softly, hoping her memory served her right. She wasn't completely sure, but it was as good as anything.

The monsters did not seem affected by the mist, but neither did the group. Everyone's skin was fine. There were no codexes on the monsters, but it didn't seem their arms could support wristwear anyway.

Lucas cleared his throat. "Did I forget to mention it could take hours for symptoms to appear?"

Amir rolled a one.

39cfBpJ.png

This took her to the first orange square. "Let's see... Ah, you get a memory problem! Or, whatever. You guys were in the guest house, right? You know, the one with the slot machine and shit? I set that up myself, just so ya know. Anyway, what was the statuette you found in the cabinet locked with a padlock?"

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Glostechk @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter @dark @Gands @DrawingRoom

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO

"A miss!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

"You always were good at this game. Is luck on your side or something? But there's a strategy to this game too. I'm thinking... Right above it, D4?"
Mason went ahead and pressed the screen.
@Atomyk @Jeremi @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Basement

"You always were good at this game. Is luck on your side or something? But there's a strategy to this game too. I'm thinking... Right above it, D4?" Mason went ahead and pressed the screen.

"Sometimes it's skill, sometimes it's luck. But assuming Lady Luck's abilities can't reach us here, let's go with skill." He says with a chuckle.

"Ah, there you go. I'll give you a break. No HP loss there."

Lucas waited until Phil was done injecting himself before continuing. "... But I'm gonna need a decision from all of you. You could wait for something to happen to your buddy here... or something to happen to all of you." Lucas belted out a laugh. "But I said it could take hours, didn't I? Unless that too is a big stinkin' lie!"

"Psh. You should know that in this game, I won't allow half-right answers." A shock went up Amir's square, causing her codex to beep.

Kiyohime rolled next, getting a five.

CFP99ed.png

She landed on an orange square with Reiner. "Careful now, a wrong answer might hurt you both now. Hmm... Which of the following did Leonardo da Vinci not sketch a design for? A helicopter, an odometer, a zipper, aaaand a bicycle. You know what? I think I woulda liked that da Vinci guy."

When Marcus rolled, he got a two.

0PSt5Fw.png

He landed on a red square. A whip lashed out at him, snapping him in the arm and causing his codex to beep.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @The Batter @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Glostechk @Gands @DrawingRoom

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

Bullet took charge once again and tried C4.

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

"Guess that one's the big ship," Shane said. "We already got this."

Lucas waited until Phil was done injecting himself before continuing. "... But I'm gonna need a decision from all of you. You could wait for something to happen to your buddy here... or something to happen to all of you." Lucas belted out a laugh. "But I said it could take hours, didn't I? Unless that too is a big stinkin' lie!"

"Psh. You should know that in this game, I won't allow half-right answers." A shock went up Amir's square, causing her codex to beep.

CFP99ed.png

She landed on an orange square with Reiner. "Careful now, a wrong answer might hurt you both now. Hmm... Which of the following did Leonardo da Vinci not sketch a design for? A helicopter, an odometer, a zipper, aaaand a bicycle. You know what? I think I woulda liked that da Vinci guy."

0PSt5Fw.png

He landed on a red square. A whip lashed out at him, snapping him in the arm and causing his codex to beep.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @The Batter @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Glostechk @Gands @DrawingRoom

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

Leon inspected the layout once more, "Maybe, maybe not, Guy. This isn't like a standard Battleship board, so no telling what pieces are what.. or if there are trap squares involved." He states, not trusting Lucas to make something this easy. He turns to Shane, "I do believe it's your turn, Stronzo."

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Phil Connors

" How generous of you," Phil sarcastically replied.

Phil had either damned or ensured his survival and he didn't know which one was worse. The fact that he didn't know or the fact he didn't think anyone would care if he died. He looked at his pistol and then back at the monsters. What was to happen if he shot one of them? Hmmm... that seemed liked a stupid idea. He paused, thinking what he could do while he waited. God, this wasn't going to end well.

@Kaykay @Otto @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Minerva @Monitoring Room

CFP99ed.png

0PSt5Fw.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

800974-black_adam_1-jpg.142490
"A small price to pay for progress." Adam stated, seeming to be more irritated with losing health as opposed to the pain of being hit by antlers. Once it was his turn again, he would press the button on his codex.

@York @The Batter @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Glostechk @Gands @DrawingRoom

CFP99ed.png

0PSt5Fw.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

Letting out a sigh, Toffee just injected himself as well. He didn't want to become one of those things. He had too much planned for that.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @Kaykay @whoever​

Makoto and Kyoko entered first, followed by Noembelu and the others. The room didn't immediately seem dangerous. No strange death trap was set up for them to force themselves through, at least.

F0hZ7dz.jpg

After a moment though, the door out of the room locked. "It's a question I ask myself time and time again: can trespassing idiots solve puzzles? So far, seems not. Welcome to the next game, 'I'd really like to make it out of this room alive and not die a horrible painful death.' Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it's a title that's served me well so far. If you want what ya seek, you just gotta make it out alive. Think you can do that?"

Well, at least this seemed peaceful enough. Makoto pulled Kyoko aside, thankful that Noembelu was giving them space. "I wasn't sure how to say this, but... I think I screwed up, Kyoko. I wasn't trying to keep it from you, but with everything that has happened, I..." He wavered in his speech. He knew if he didn't get it out now, Kyoko would just be angry with him. "Did you notice in the car booths a red line painted about four meters down? I noticed that whenever I got a question wrong, the car dropped a meter. So... when my car went up two meters once, then two meters again, I panicked and thought... maybe somehow you..."

Makoto looked down at his feet, clenching his fists. He thought he could live with himself, but after seeing even more death since then, Makoto felt like he was already falling apart. "I just panicked," he blurted out, voice cracking. He tried to speak low still, so only Kyoko heard. "I raised your car and lowered someone else's, I didn't think I would set off the trap, I didn't... think at all, Kyoko. All that mattered to me... was your safety."

As Toffee and the others entered the room, they would be hit with a strong, musky smell. The room was covered in a black mold that couldn't have been good for anyone's health to breathe in. This seemed to be called the monitoring room based on the large collection of television screens piled in the corner of the room. Perhaps they ran through a security system for the house at some point, but now they were covered in mold. In the middle of the room was a crudely made hole in the floorboards. A wooden ladder had been set up so one could step down into the darkness below.

"You'll have to go down there for this one," Lucas said.

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @MonitoringRoom

To travel to the Drawing Room, one had to squeeze through a tiny space between two walls. It seemed to be a secret passage, though Lucas ensured it wasn't a secret now. As everyone entered the drawing room, they were greeted with the sight of a hunting rifle rigged up on some kind of contraption, pointing at them. A taxidermied deer stared at them as well as it stood across a line of squares that seemed to go along all throughout the room.

"You fellas ever play Monopoly?" Lucas asked. "I never did. Family never had time. So, I thought, why not experience the joy of a board game with you guys? You're some lucky." The squares lit up, the borders of them lit different colors by LED lights. "You're on the starting zone. From here, you'll travel around the board until you get to the supply room. There, you'll get what ya need! However, if you try and cheat the game..." Another gun in the corner of the room went off, firing into the wall.

"You can choose your own order if you'd like. It's a lot like the game of Life, in the sense that you might lose your life! Just hit the button I've put up on your codexes to roll the dice!"

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Glostechk @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter @DrawingRoom

"I'm afraid I'm gonna need an even number, folks."

"Then count me," Shane said, joining the basement group.

"Six is a good number, isn't it?" The basement door opened. A dim light set on to the wall illuminated a hall that went left and right. Neither went far before they came to a crudely made metal door. "Now, divide yourselves, three to a door. Hop to it."

Bullet decided to go right, while Shane went left.

"Me? Ditching you? Psh!" Kate made a dismissive noise as she continued into the sitting room. "Now, maybe if Hercules showed up..."

Leaning back on one of the couches was Tommy, who only reacted to T'Challa's arrival with a nod of his head. "Yo."

Teddy didn't seem to be sure what to do with himself, so he stood awkwardly. Kate came to his rescue by asking, "Hey, I might go tell Billy another guest showed up. I imagine you don't want to be around when...?

"Oh. Yes!" Teddy pointed back into the hall. "I'm gonna go!"

As he left, Kate gave T'Challa an amused shrug. "Do you mind?"

@Jeremi @Afterlife

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow

So...was this room like that classroom earlier? And with only four people in here, things were simple enough-or so it looked. "We just need to find our way out, huh?" Noembelu looked around for anything that could prove useful for breaking out.​

kiri015.png

"..."

Kyoko's gaze quickly darkened as Makoto spoke. Her gloved hand balled into a fist as her arm twitched a bit. She fell silent, letting an uncomfortable silence, letting Makoto's words sink in like a knife. Kyoko had been openly angry with Makoto before in the past, and both times (or in Makoto's reality, just the once), she had merely avoided him like a plague, refusing to even look or speak to him. But for the first time, Kyoko Kirigiri could feel a boiling sensation inside her stomach that made her feel sick. She had not felt so angry in such a long time. She felt betrayed, even. Despite Makoto's bumbling justifications, to Kyoko, the result was the same, and there was nothing to change the fact of the matter that he had just confessed to.

SMACK!

In an almost involuntary gesture, before even she knew it, Kyoko raised her arm and harshly slapped Makoto in the face, her glove doing little to soften the blow at all as her palm hit the young man's cheek. But it wasn't enough. She lifted her arm again and slapped Makoto for the second time in the exact same spot, a subconscious part of her almost wanting to deliberately do so to make it sting more, hoping to have created a pink spot on his face. Still not saying a single word, Kyoko didn't let up, grabbing Makoto by the collar and pushing him, trapping him between herself and the wall behind him. She glared at him with an intensity she'd never given him before in his entire life, a giant mix of thoughts and emotions swirling around in her mind like a discombobulated soup. She could hardly focus on Makoto saying he was focused on her own safety. She could hardly focus on Makoto being so warped by Wanda or whoever that he was out of his mind. She could hardly focus on anything. And from there, that was where her resolve weakened, as did her legs, as she slumped onto Makoto, burying her face in his chest as she slowly, repeatedly hammered her fist on his shoulder, but with little force in her fist this time around, like a defeated doll.

She didn't know where to place her anger. She couldn't tell if her anger was being evenly distributed toward everything, from Makoto, to Lucas, to Wanda, to this accursed place, or if she simply didn't know where to put all of her anger at all. It frustrated her to no end, like she had never been frustrated before. She felt helpless, almost soul-crushingly so. Maybe this was it, maybe this was the culmination of all her struggles and where they led her. More of it. More of all this.

She felt bitter, and only for the first time, felt like just a little girl surrounded by gods, monsters, and powerful entities.

And for the first time in a long time, Kyoko Kirigiri shed a tear, staining Makoto's shirt with a soft wetness, as she simply stayed like that, with still idea on what to say, to him or for herself.

@Atomyk

"So, the Pan-"

Nono knew exactly what Makoto spoke of. Nono knew exactly why Kyoko was angered.

While the Panther didn't appear to be close, he was still an ally who shared goals with everyone in all of this.

Nono decided to be quiet in this matter and join Noembelu's activities, being behind her back during this and allowing Kyoko to slap Makoto silly. She glanced at it for a second, winced, looked away and back at the task at hand.

"Morikubo... understands..."

And Morikubo looks away.​

Makoto was startled straight into shock. The second slap sent him stumbling backward a step so that he crashed into the dresser, knocking over a framed photo. He looked away, not meeting Kyoko's gaze, even as she grabbed him and pushed him harder up against the dresser.

wWpVgI8.png

"..."

The boy had no words. This was his wife, and she had never raised a hand to him before, not in their whole lives as a couple. The action alone had shattered him, let alone the look of hate he could just barely see out of the corner of his eye. He said nothing. He couldn't say anything.

Noembelu could see a few interesting items around the room. There appeared to be a secret passage under the bed, but it was bolted in place and the space too small for anyone to squeeze under. By the bed were a stopped clock, a fork, and a globe. On the western wall, there were three marks above a closed book where paintings looked like they should be. By these was a second locked door, but this one had a strange padlock. A cabinet nearby was locked.

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow

Having learned her lesson from the classroom, Noembelu used her hatchet to open the closed book to see if it would be any help to them.​

The book would not open. A wire connected to the book that went into the wall. It opened electronically somehow.

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow

Weird...maybe those missing pictures had something to do with it? Noembelu would sneak past the lover's quarrel going on and get a look at the framed photo Makoto knocked over.​

Makoto paid Noembelu no attention as she examined the photo. It seemed to be a picture of "Daddy," though he looked a lot different dressed up in military gear. Writing on the photo read, "Jack, Military."

It was about the right size for one of the marks on the wall.

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow

Noembelu would hang Daddy's photo up before examining the globe.​

"Feels a bit familiar, don't you think?" Nono asks as she checks the time of the stopped clock, still a bit moody from Kyoko's berserking rage, as evidenced by her voice. It was hard to ignore an event that occured mere metres from you.

BeQRDOI.jpg

"Also, if that's daddy... where do you think mommy would be?" Nono asks Noembelu

@Atomyk @Verite @Yun Lee @Crow @PARENTSROOM​

Shen also used the syringe on himself, reluctantly of course. It didn't really matter if he did or not, it was a gamble either way.

He would probably kill himself if he started turning into one of those things.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @whoever​

Last edited:
The cyborg terminator looked at the codex and rolled the dice.

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Glostechk @Atomyk @The Batter @dark @Gands @DrawingRoom

A statuette? Statuette, statuette...oh! Perhaps he meant what Toffee and the others had in the attic? It was the only thing that came to mind and had been important in that situation in the house.

"The statuette was a tree..." she answered, biting her bottom lip softly, hoping her memory served her right. She wasn't completely sure, but it was as good as anything.

CFP99ed.png

0PSt5Fw.png

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

Leonardo da Vinci? ... oh wait, I think I've heard that name before. ❞

It clicked in her head that the Chaldea individuals had mentioned a particular person by the name of "Da Vinci-chan." During one of those days camping out back in Orleans during the Dragon Witch situation, talks about this individual sprouted out. Something about inventions and how said person had... No, she couldn't think about that part, that would distract her from the answer.

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo4_100.png

Zipper. I don't believe I heard that da Vinci had designs for that. ❞

If this worked out, well... she would have to say "thanks" to the Chaldea people when she got the chance.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @The Batter @Takumi @Atomyk @dark @Glostechk @Gands @DrawingRoom

CFP99ed.png

0PSt5Fw.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

Amir gave a small yelp, then grit her teeth. Although she wasn't outright wrong, it still cost her HP. She carefully waited until her turn came again before pressing the button on her codex.

@Atomyk @Glostechk @dark @York @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow

"I don't know," she replied. It was easier to work with Nono, since they weren't close. Besides, with Kyoko and Makoto out of commission, it was up to the two of them to get them all out. Noembelu took one last look at the globe before starting to cut the globe along its halves, making sure not to haphazardly chop it through the middle. "But I think something has to be in here."

Makoto paid Noembelu no attention as she examined the photo. It seemed to be a picture of "Daddy," though he looked a lot different dressed up in military gear. Writing on the photo read, "Jack, Military."

It was about the right size for one of the marks on the wall.

"Not yeeeet... Turn around."

On a table behind the group were about ten syringes. "I think it's time to close up shop on this one," Lucas said, locking the door behind Beatrice. A mist was then poured into the room that smelled vaguely of chemicals but didn't seem to irritate or annoy.

"That room probably smells like shit, don't it? See, I got those beauties across from you so you can observe them. I want you to know a secret... those are people. People who have received the gift. They weren't always like that, but now things are lookin' up for them. Things can look up for you guys as well soon enough."

There was the creaking of a chair as if Lucas was leaning back. "Y'see, I just gave you guys the gift. It's in the mist. It'll transform you eventually and soon you'll be one of them, bangin' against the fence. I hope you've lived a good life, fellas, 'cause it's only about to get better."

Lucas waited a long moment. "... That is, if you don't take one of the syringes. Turns out the gift can be reversed. Not sure why you'd want to do that, really, but it's an option. In each of those syringes is an 'antidote' that will cure you and make the mist not affect ya at all! It seems pretty obvious what ya should do if you don't want the gift..."

"... Or was that a lie? There certainly is the possibility that I was lyin'. I don't do it often but I coulda done it there. To be honest, maybe those syringes contain the gift itself. Taking them would put you where you, presumably, don't want to be! Friends, I think I've gone and confused myself here. I wonder what y'all should do, huh?"

Phil Connors

Phil wasn't about to argue with Toffee about the matter when he paused at the syringe in his hand and rolled it once or twice in his hand. He looked at his codex. Yellow.

If you stub your toe, I'll know about. This records it all. Phil paused and considered this. " What if that is what Lucas wants? He specified that every hit we will know about. What if this is a way to take some HP from us?" he asked. As he looked over at the monsters, he looked for something else on them. The codex that they all wore. What if this was another test to save someone? He also checked his own skin as he did this.

@thatguyinthestore @Otto @Kaykay @Minerva @Atomyk @Monitoring Room

Amir rolled a one.

39cfBpJ.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO

"A miss!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

CFP99ed.png

0PSt5Fw.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

Pascal's Wager is a philosophical argument that states: If Christianity is true, then the Christians go to Heaven, but if it's not, then everything a Christian has done doesn't matter. In a way, if you stretched it, was similar to this: Either you die and it was all for naught, or you live and your choices were meaningful.

So, Saeko had been infected. After days of surviving Them, hours of solving puzzles for this madman Lucas, she had been lead into a tunnel. This was where she died. No way to know when or even if she would turn. She had to save the rest of the group. She had to die. "T-Takashi... This is for you." She said calmly.

Saeko drew her sword.

There was a quick sound.

And the others would find Saeko on the ground in a pool of blood.She had slit her throat.

@thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @Kaykay @MonitoringRoom

Phil Connors

Phil was so focused on the monster that he didn't realize it until it was too late. Saeko had killed herself.... she had died instead of recognizing the possible poison. Oh god, how was this fucking fair? How come everyone else around him could fucking die.... but he lived. He fucking lived. He wasn't going to kill himself now though. It wouldn't be what she wanted to do. He leaned over and with a sigh picked up the sword she used to kill herself. He also took the pistol with the tac light before Toffee could go for it.. Phil Connors, average weatherman now had three pistols, a sword, a hankercheif, sheet music and a sapphire in his possession. " She made her choice, she choose death over risking it, that just leaves you," he said, looking over at Beatrice.

@Atomyk @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay @Otto @Monitoring Room

The Batter watches as they entered the strange room. He then looks to the rifle pointing at him and his friends. He did not like it. He then listens to what Lucas had to say. 'He wants to play a game with us?' He questioned of what Lucas was think but then looks on the ground seeing mutliple colored squares. 'So it's a game of chance?' He looks at the gun that was shot as warning for cheating the game...Well he wasn't going to cheat anyways. He then looks to Reiner.

View attachment 143197
"I'm going after Reiner." He then looks to his codex. He would wait until Reiner has roll the dice and taken his turn.

@Takumi @York @Glostechk @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Atomyk
Makoto was startled straight into shock. The second slap sent him stumbling backward a step so that he crashed into the dresser, knocking over a framed photo. He looked away, not meeting Kyoko's gaze, even as she grabbed him and pushed him harder up against the dresser.

wWpVgI8.png

"..."

The boy had no words. This was his wife, and she had never raised a hand to him before, not in their whole lives as a couple. The action alone had shattered him, let alone the look of hate he could just barely see out of the corner of his eye. He said nothing. He couldn't say anything.

Noembelu could see a few interesting items around the room. There appeared to be a secret passage under the bed, but it was bolted in place and the space too small for anyone to squeeze under. By the bed were a stopped clock, a fork, and a globe. On the western wall, there were three marks above a closed book where paintings looked like they should be. By these was a second locked door, but this one had a strange padlock. A cabinet nearby was locked.

The light revealed a stone floor that looked wet and dirty, but nothing immediately dangerous. Faint sounds could be heard. When Shen followed through, nothing immediately attacked him, though he saw a grim sight... Half of the room was divided by a metal fence. This fence kept Shen and the others safe from three monsters on the other side.

2KeVZXf.jpg

The monsters slammed against the fence in vain.

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @MonitoringRoom

Dice appeared on Adam's codex screen, showing a six.

rwGCAt5.png

"Now, step six squares ahead..." Passing over an orange square, a red square, a green square, a yellow square, and then another orange square, Adam would land on a red square. "Owch," Lucas said. "That's a hit!" A panel in the wall opened to reveal a set of deer antlers that popped out of the wall and gave Adam a good whack. His codex beeped but stayed green.

Reiner went next, landing on a five.

CFP99ed.png

He landed on an orange square.

"Oh, question time! I hope you know tiny, insignificant facts." Lucas cleared his throat. "What word can you make up using the symbols for the elements carbon, potassium, oxygen, and sulphur? You do know the elements, right?" Perhaps Reiner was not the best person for this question.

When the Batter went, his number turned out to be three.

ggZqOr7.png

He landed on a green square, where Lucas played a recording of a crowd cheering. "That's health!" The Batter still remained yellow, as he was at 3 HP still.

Counting ahead, the group would see there were twenty-four spaces in total across the room.

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Glostechk @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter @DrawingRoom

On the left were Mason, Leon, and Shane. On the right were Bullet, Captain America, and Nancy. Both doors opened and allowed each group to pass through. The doors closed shut behind them and both groups were faced with a short hall with a door at the end of it.

"You folks ever play... Battle Ship?"

On one wall of each hallway was a touch screen monitor. It looked as if Lucas had modified tablets to make this up. On each screen was a board where the top was labeled A through E and the side was labeled 1 through 5. Seven squares were darkened on each screen, representing three ships.

"When it's your turn, you'll press on a square to shoot at the other players' ships! I've went ahead and chosen your ships for ya, so go hog wild. The winners get an advantage in the next challenge! Don't think about not playing, believe me."

"Jesus christ," Bullet whispered under her breathe.

It seemed that for now, it as Shane, Mason, and Leon's turn first. They could choose any square on the grid, such as A1, or C3, or D5.

"I'll go next..."

Amir took a breath and pressed the button on her codex to roll the dice after everyone else took their turn. She hoped she was lucky, if not then she hoped Six and the others would have Lady Luck smile down upon them.

@Atomyk @Glostechk @York @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Drawing room

Amir rolled a one.

39cfBpJ.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO

"A miss!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

The cyborg terminator looked at the codex and rolled the dice.

@York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Glostechk @Atomyk @The Batter @dark @Gands @DrawingRoom

CFP99ed.png

0PSt5Fw.png

"A hit!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO

"Oh! A hit!"

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXOO
OOOOO

800974-black_adam_1-jpg.142490
"A small price to pay for progress." Adam stated, seeming to be more irritated with losing health as opposed to the pain of being hit by antlers. Once it was his turn again, he would press the button on his codex.

@York @The Batter @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Glostechk @Gands @DrawingRoom
tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

Leonardo da Vinci? ... oh wait, I think I've heard that name before. ❞

It clicked in her head that the Chaldea individuals had mentioned a particular person by the name of "Da Vinci-chan." During one of those days camping out back in Orleans during the Dragon Witch situation, talks about this individual sprouted out. Something about inventions and how said person had... No, she couldn't think about that part, that would distract her from the answer.

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo4_100.png

Zipper. I don't believe I heard that da Vinci had designs for that. ❞

If this worked out, well... she would have to say "thanks" to the Chaldea people when she got the chance.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @The Batter @Takumi @Atomyk @dark @Glostechk @Gands @DrawingRoom
Six pressed her codex to roll the dice. She looked at Amir, hoping that this game would end quickly.

@Atomyk @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @Drawing Room
Reiner Braun
@Atomyk @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Glostechk @The Batter
@Drawing Room

Hmm, Reiner sure wasn't the best person to ask this sort of question, but he had seen the periodic table here and there... Thanks to recalling one hanging around in Hange's room, as she apparently really liked to experiment with some concoctions...

Carbon was "C", Potassium was "K", Oxygen was "O", and Sulphur was "S", and come to think of it, all of these elements were used in his every day life; sulphur was a component for gunpowder, which was used relatively commonly... Potassium and carbon were key elements in his everday rations, and oxygen was... Everywhere!

Re-arranginging the letters these chemical elements had on the periodic table, it certainly did spell out something...

bptrV8B.png

"... Sock?" He said, after a long moment.

Evidently, he had some difficulty recalling the periodic table, since he barely used the thing... Though hopefully, he had remembered enough of it to answer the question correctly.

Though as he had been thinking, it looks like Kiyo landed on his square too, and was asked something that (fortuantely) she was familiar with, even if he wasn't entirely sure who Leonardo Davinci was in the first place. Perhaps it was for the best that he got hit with a question that he knew, rather than... That one.​

Inside the globe was another picture, this one of doves and flight again. When put on to the wall, that left one more open spot.

@Verite @Yun Lee @Crow @ParentsRoom

"Oh, shit! That was some fuckin' crazy shit right there! Amazing! I didn't think I could lie so well!"

Lucas laughed as the fence began to lower. "Guess what, guys? None of ya were ever infected. That syringe doesn't have the gift either. Instead, it's just gonna..."

Shen, Toffee, and Phil would all start to feel their insides churn. The pain would be harsh enough to cripple even the strongest of men. Their codexes beeped.

"But you do have one of you who can fight, right? Is that enough? I don't want to be seriously unfair to you guys, so here..."

A chainsaw tumbled out from a secret compartment and on tot he table.

@thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @Kaykay @MonitoringRoom

"... Great. Right," Lucas said to Kiyohime, who got the question right.

Six then rolled a one.

39cfBpJ.png

And landed on an orange square with Amir. "True or False. In human beings, the right lung is the mirror image of the left."

Raven then was forced to roll, landing on a six.

rwGCAt5.png

She landed on the same red square as Adam and was put in the path of the aggressive antlers.

Adam then rolled a three.

ggZqOr7.png

... and passed over a blue square to land on another red square. A flamethrower popped out of the wall, blowing a flame on Adam that would put a light burn on at least his arm. His codex beeped and went down to yellow.

Lucas sighed when Reiner answered correctly. "... and here I thought you were some bumpkin," Lucas, as if it didn't occur to him the irony in saying that. Reiner had to go next anyway, landing on a five.

CFP99ed.png

It was an orange square. Lucas laughed. "Oh, you're not in luck, my friend. There's no way you could know this one! In computing, half a byte is called a nibble, a chomp, a bit, or a gig?"

The Batter was forced to go next, who landed on a five.

CFP99ed.png

... where he landed on a blue square. "Damn, son! That means you get to go ahead six extra spaces! I like to award the lucky motherfuckers." The Batter moved to a green square up ahead, but he wasn't able to get the health from it.

Amir was up again, who landed on a five.

CFP99ed.png

Unfortunately for her, that was a red square. The antler attack bumped into her next, dropping her down to red.

"If only one of ya could land on a yellow square, then maybe you'd survive this lovely game," Lucas said slyly.

Shane shrugged. Why not? He hit D3, landing the expected hit. Leon was not wrong in that this was easy, but Shane had to wonder what it meant to lose this game.

"A hit! Ship down, ship down!"

Boats Remaining: 2
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO
OOOXO

Bullet then went ahead, managing to finish off the small boat she'd caught.

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXXO
OOOOO

Saeko would feel like she was falling through an abyss. A waterfall met her, thought she could swear the water fall was red like blood. The rippling red waves would remind her of swaying curtains. They carried her down softly, placing her down on the front door step of a house in downtown New York.

She could hear someone yelling to answer the door, and suddenly, the door was answered by none other than Tommy Shepherd, a boy she'd seen disappear right in front of her. He, however, didn't seem to recognize her.

4dhyUHu.png

"... You a friend of Billy or Teddy?" he asked.

@Minerva @Jeremi @Afterlife

Last edited:
Phil Connors

Phil officially decided what he was going to do when he found Lucas. Shot him over and over until the man either died or he wasted his bullets. Whichever happened first.

Phil growled. " Test the syringe, what's the worst that can happen? Last time I listen to your advice, Lizard breath," Phil said through gritted teeth.

" You know you don't care how unfair you have been to us before, somehow I doubt this time is any different than before." he said to Lucas.

" Blondie, it's all on you. I like living, so I prefer if you kill these. Take the swords, the pistols, whatever the fuck you need."

@Kaykay @Otto @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Monitoring Room

Shane shrugged. Why not? He hit D3, landing the expected hit. Leon was not wrong in that this was easy, but Shane had to wonder what it meant to lose this game.

"A hit! Ship down, ship down!"

OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOXO
OOOXO
OOOXO

Bullet then went ahead, managing to finish off the small boat she'd caught.

OOOOO
OXOOO
OOOOO
OOXXO
OOOOO

"Hm... I have a hunch here. Mind if I take your turn this time, bro? I'm thinking B2."

He went ahead and pressed the button.

@Jeremi @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @Krieg

Status
Not open for further replies.