Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
FREY

"Freeeey... Freeeeeeeeeeey... You awake? Think you could get out right now...?"

Frey woke up to the familiar sound of a window being knocked on and a voice telling him to wake up. At least, it started to be familiar to him, since Ariel kept doing this every morning for the past week. Needless to say, it's kinda pissing him off. Though he'd rather not have fangirls swarming his bed asking him to read all their get-well cards, he still hated being woken up in the morning. Lately, Frey hasn't been able to practice his music. The eerie silence of the medical ward proved to be too much for his instruments, and whatever he tried to play regardless of whether it was electric or not, it's loud enough to wake up the others. He's been fidgety ever since. But this... this is probably the most peaceful place in the whole school. It's a shame he needed to leave today. And spend time with this imp of an angel. Which he probably couldn't avoid. He sat up from his bed with a small yawn, before turning to the window and looking at Ariel with dead, lifeless eyes.

"Hmmm... Sorry Ariel, they said I needed to rest a bit more. Gimme... another week..." he said with a serious tone, before lying back down to sleep. Of course, that wasn't true. He can't keep this facade up for a whole week though, but it surely bought him enough time for himself outside the medical ward later on.

ALICE

Alice has been walking around the campus for the past few minutes, just wasting time and thinking of what to do or who to talk to. Basically, she was bored. BORED. And classes were even more boring. HEAVY SIGH. Not a single person could ever stand being this bored. They'd be dead by then. But Alice was miraculously able to endure it. Barely. She started to talk to no one in particular.

"Heeeeeyyyyy..." Alice muttered, walking all slouchy. "Why do some demons look like humans? Why do you look like a human? Do all demons have human forms? How did my parents fill that mansion with humanoid demons? Why did you ever choose to be a servant anyways? Heeeyyyy, are you listening?"

"For fuck's sake, shut up! I can't believe I have to put up with this shit for the next four years!" A deep, burly voice said. It seemed like it was coming out from the bored girl's shadow. "Don't you have classes to attend to?! You seemed so determined to study yesterday! What the fuck happened?!"

"But that was me from befooooorrre... Just answer my questioooons..." Alice said, still walking. But her actions were immediately stopped by some unknown entity, like a force was holding back her limbs. She already skipped two classes, must she skip another?

"H-Hey... wait! Stop it!" Alice said. The force started moving on its own, forcing Alice's body to move by the entity's will.

"Get to class or I'll do it for you!" the voice said. Shadows wrapped around Alice's body, and it was ready to posses it anytime.

"Alright, alright! Sheesh! Just let me go!" Alice said. "Jeez, you're never any fun, Sebastian..."

"For the millionth time, it's Alexander." the voice said, obviously tired of being called the wrong name. Alice simply started walking to Weapon Specialty class in a pace not very different from before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariel
"But that's no fun! You can't do anything here, whether its hide and seek or practicing!" Ariel was thoroughly annoyed. "Fine. Enjoy your absolute silence. I'll get out of your hair..." She flew off dejectedly. By one of the buildings stood a strong oak. She sat on its branches, plucking acorns and chucking them at the wall. "Stupid, idiot, jerkface, baka, aho...Why the hell do you make me feel so upset?... You telling me to leave never made me feel this awful before... So why now all of a sudden..."

She continued her assault on the wall, more intensely than before. Some cracked from the force she was throwing them at. She soon grew tired of it and just lied down on her branch. Frey, you meanie..."

Kia shrugged, putting her board down to sit on it. "Well I took demonology early so I wouldn't have to do much. Something about succubus demons. Didn't Really bother me much, figuring that they only go for guys. So I only half took notes" she said scratching her head. "Now I can shred for the rest of the day!" She sounded excited on that last part.

FREY

Frey was discharged from the medical ward just a while ago. But as was previously mentioned by one of the heads, those who partook in the first mission can take the day off, and he planned to do so. He just wants to play something so bad. Anything to keep his mind off things. With a bit of watching out for intrusive fangirls, he quickly scrambled to the dorms. Although he couldn't help but feel guilty for lying to Ariel like that. He was supposed to say what he said as a joke, but it came out like he didn't care. He wouldn't know how to tell a joke even if it slaps him across the face. Frey just dismissed the thought and kept a quick, steady pace towards the dorms.

Y'know... he doesn't even know who his roommate is yet.

Ehh, he'll figure out eventually. He sat on the bed he spent less time sleeping on than in the bed in the medical ward, and started playing a random tune.

~Light Lights up light~

Man that felt good.

"You better hurry then. I don't have anything for second block this morning, so I'm heading back to my room. Good luck in class, and maybe I'll see you at lunch." Isaac waved as he went off the other way, heading for the dorms. He wasn't sure what he'd do to kill two hours, but his Reader connected to the school library was a probable choice. Or maybe he'd find something to distract him before he even made it that far. Isaac started to whistle while he walked, feeling happy for no particular reason.

Sheridan bolted off, heading off to her next class as fast as she could.

Davin spent the better part of the week following the mission relaxing, as his healing wounds demanded. The entire time, he could never stand still unless he slept and he stalked about with restless irritation at having to forestall his training for so long. He managed to keep himself calm by going to the library and researching information on the Rugarus. He wanted to know more about their habits and social structure, but the library had little solid information, and mostly just accounts from other Hunters and older journals from survivors of Earth talking about them. As a result, he couldn't be sure which were just rumors or exaggerations, and what was true, besides what he witnessed himself in the mission. They travel in packs, and have an Alpha, some of which can use some kind of blood magic, which can be used by others through scrolls. What he found curious, was that he couldn't find any mention of the weird plants in the lake they were growing. So then what were they doing there? He would need to ask the Academy about that.

By the first day of class, Davin finally felt like he was in tip-top shape again and flew to the main building rather than walk like he usually did. He gave curt greetings to familiar faces and went through Demonology, taking concise notes as the Instructor lectured them. In truth, he already knew most of what he said about Succubi and Incubi. On his way out, he overheard the others discussing whether demons were evil or not and it took every ounce of willpower that Davin had not to scold Liam and Sheridan for defending them. Although Sheridan's point about humans certainly held true. And as much as it pained him to admit it, even if it happened very rarely, Angels could and did Fall from Grace. His father told him a story about how they had to track down and put down a Fallen Angel after having slain its demon minions. The vivid description of the Fallen One's horrible power and cruelty as it tore apart most of their teammates still made Davin shiver. They had to run from that fight, and they barely survived.

Davin's particular Weapons Specialty class had just started when he arrived. Since there weren't enough students to split, it encompassed students fighting with any kind of sword or particularly large daggers, including sword and shield like he did. Davin summoned his weapons into his hands and glanced about for someone to pair up with. As a third year, he held a lot of skill in his particular specialty, but one never stopped learning. At the same time, he also searched for first or second years that might be struggling and needed help.

Sheridan happened to be in the class as well, she was sitting on a desk with her legs crossed as she sharped the spikes of her serrated machete, thing is she had to sharpen them one at a time. Luckily just as the class started she finished and started shining her weapon with a smile as she hummed happily. She always kept her weapons in good shape. The day one of her weapons rusted would be the day she grew a beak.

Yosuke
"Heh, I'll think I'll pass on that one. You no doubt have noticed I am far too clumsy to even stand on a board. I might head to my weapons specialty class though... With my weapon one can never be too careful." Yosuke kept glancing at her shoulder. He knew the wound had been pretty bad last week, and just hoped it would be fine. "You sure your shoulder is in good enough condition to be doing that though? I mean they did a number on it from what I heard."

Kia looked down at her shoulder, then back to him. "I guess...I healed the big parts of it, closing the wound and fixing the broken bones, like my collar bone and shoulder blade." She rubbed it gently, it was still stiff and sore. "They did the things I couldn't do after I used all my energy. But they left me with this weird...blessed bandage. Said to have healing properties. Even though it will still take a day or so...tickles" she giggled, "after that I had to deal with a pink color left wing for a day, the blood kinda stained my feathers, and was a pain to clean out" her voice sounded weak for some reason, but she looked up to yosuke with a smile.

Davin noticed Sheridan taking care of her machete and waved as he walked over, somewhat relieved to see that Coal and Sarah weren't with her. He had to raise his voice somewhat over the nearby clanging of weapons and shouts as some of the others fought. It was mostly students of the same years sparring, but he did notice a few upperclassmen helping the first and second years. "Sheridan! I didn't get to talk to after the mission. You did well for your first run. Need a sparring partner? I'd like to see more of how you handle that machete."

"Oh uh... h-hey Davin." she said as she stood and looked at her feet as she rubbed he back of her neck. She still hadn't gotten over what Sarah said while they were on the mission, she didn't have her happy mood around Davin anymore, instead she seemed awkward and reluctant to talk to him.

"You better hurry then. I don't have anything for second block this morning, so I'm heading back to my room. Good luck in class, and maybe I'll see you at lunch." Issac said.

"Sounds good. I'll try to talk to you guys again at lunch, then. See you Issac, see you Sheridan." Liam said. He bolted out of the door and ran to weapon specialties. In his haste, Liam forgot the the ranged weapon specialties class was …... right next to the lecture hall. He could of crawled to class and been on time. Liam shrugged. "Oh well," Liam said as he walked through the door.

Even with every one in attendance, there were only twenty people in Liam's class. For some reason, people preferred to get up close to demons rather than fight them from a range. It was peculiar to Liam, as a demon could easily kill someone with a single strike. Liam grabbed a bow and started shooting at a stationary target. Most of his arrows hit in the bull's eye. Liam shoot a quick glance at the targets of the students around him. Ever single one of them had shot just as well, if not slightly better, than Liam. The moving targets caught Liam's attention. "Well, I've never heard of a demon that stayed still." Liam said. He walked over to the moving targets and began another volley. He had less success there. About half of Liam's arrows hit the bull's eye, and two didn't even hit the target. All in all, though, Liam was pleased with his work in class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariel
Ariel was a bit pissed still, so she did some thing she pretty much only did when she wanted to cool off steam. She headed to class. Her Skill Enhancement class, to be specific. Truth be told, she relied entirely abilities in combat. Were her powers rendered useless, she would be in big trouble. Fortunately, the obstacle course in the class was not being used, allowing for her to just go right on

"Start 'er up." In truth Ariel upset was perhaps the best thing for the school. Always trying harder that one. There was a ring, and Ariel pushed herself off the ground with a spring board of her own creation, as she launched crystals into three targets that had just sprang up. As soon as they had arrived, they dispersed. Landing gracefully on her feet, she sped through the rest of the course. A sandbag swung from above, however Ariel was prepared. Creating a crystal barrier, she blocked the blow, then sent a spike from bellow through the bag, pinning it in a fixed position. Four more targets. This time, Ariel made copies and each took down three of the four, as she sped right threw the fourth, drop-kicking it as she went. A large wall stood before her, but she did not slow her pace, she just spring boarded over, and ran off once more. She was down to the final stretch. A hallway with tennis balls shooting from one side to the other. Forging a bat of crystal, she just increased her speed. Most balls she just deflected with a shield, but there were a few she had to whack away in time. The last one came from the front to the hall. With the bat she swung as hard as she could, sending the ball flying the other direction, her bat shattering upon impact. She ran faster, now that she was at the end, and climbed upon a small platform, where a button stood. She pressed it, stopping the timer. The instructor just looked at her and laughed

"Not bad, Liber. Top fifteen of the year, so far. What your boyfriend dump you? "

She just laughed along side him.
"Believe me, had my boyfriend left me, I would have set a new school record. So what notes can you give me?"

Ariel spent that period listening to her instructor on notes. Though she hit all of her targets, her accuracy could still use work. Many she hit because of her attacks wide range, but without accuracy, she risks hitting her own companions.

Yosuke
"Well, be careful will you? Hate for you to miss out on the next mission, or a request or something, just because you hurt yourself skating." He waved to her as he walked off to class. "In any case, I'm heading to Weapon's Specialty. I need to work a bit more with my instructor on parrying. I can't get hit with my weapon. Die from the shock of pain before the actual wound. You can follow if you want."

Davin picked up on the stuttering and Sheridan's nervous attitude, but he misread it as her maybe being nervous about sparring with an upperclassmen. She seemed receptive before, but it wouldn't be the first time someone got cold feet right before the actual sparring. He clasped her shoulder and gave her an encouraging smile. "It's okay to be nervous. You get used to it."

"I'm not nervous about fighting." she said as she crossed her arms over her chest and turned away, kinda offended that he would think she was nervous to do harmless sparring with someone she considered a friend. He should know she knows he wouldn't hurt her.

Kia shrugged, and threw the board down and cruised beside yosuke. "I guess I can follow along, I'll learn something, maybe even spar if they allow it" she shrugged. She needed something to do, so this seemed like a start. It would even make her improve on her sword skills. Probably learn new tactics.

The bell rang to signal the end weapons specialties. The students exited the class like water gushes out of a broken fire hydrant. Liam stayed in the back of the class until the rush subsided. Only then did he make is way to the door. As he was done with classes for the rest of the day, Liam decided to go on a short walk. He passed by the cafeteria. Liam saw that the lunch lines were already forming.

"It's lunch time already? I should see if I can find Issac and Sheridan. You know, that reminds me... were the heck is Alice!?" Liam said. He joined the lunch line. After a few minutes, he walked into the cafeteria with a bowl of pho, one of his favorite meals. He sat down at an empty table and scanned the room for his friends.

"Then what's wrong?" Davin asked with a frown. He tilted his head and tapped the pommel of his sword, letting the tip of the blade rest against the floor. For the moment, he forgot how anxious he was to get some training in, even if it was to give an underclassmen the works. Truth be told, Davin hadn't interacted with Sheridan enough to say he could fully understand her, but the way she acted now proved to be a sharp contrast to her cheerfulness from when they met, and her excitement during the start of the mission. What happened to so quickly damper her spirit?

"It's personal." she said sighing "Someone said something to remind me of how stupid my hopes about something were... Come on." she added as she shook her head and stood up straight. "Let's just train, I've had enough sitting around today."

Status
Not open for further replies.