Horizon Demon Hunter Academy (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kia gulped feeling the scyth touch against the back of her neck. "That was quick....and unfair" she groaned. Once he pulled the blade away, she went to put the training blade away for her own blade. And clipped it to the side of her hip. "Class dismissed?" She said sarcastically heading for the exit.

(Before above post)

Yosuke
/Kia Collab
Yosuke was pleased. "Sure, I'd love to go a few rounds with you... That didn't come out right..." Kia tilted her head to the response she was given. "Wow out of context...really wierd..." She giggled.

---------------------At Class---------------------
Yosuke had finished talking to the instructor. He had agreed and cleared the area. Yosuke brought out his scythe, and replaced the blade with a training one. and turned to Kia. "Alright, so this will be a scoring match based on the number of successful hits. Normal rules. Maneuver abilities allowed, but no attacking ones. seeing as how we are both third years I see no point in either of us holding back"

She gently put down her katana, and replaced it with a training one. She held it in her hands, it was balanced, surprising for what it was made of, and what it was used for. She spun it around, and tested the weight. "Yeah...no holding back" she said getting into a defensive stance. Holding the blade up right, gripping the handle tightly. She eyed his scythe, he looked as to be a strong and slow type of attacker. She predicted that if she was to fight him, she would need to keep her distance, and wait for a opening. And keep away from the scythe.

Yosuke took his stance, and awaited the signal. The arena was of admirable size, about thirty five meters wide, all across. There was a sharp buzz, and Yosuke propelled himself forward at surprising speed. Though he had been about twenty five feet away, he closed that gap in a matter of seconds. With no hesitation, he swung his scythe to the side.
Kia's eyes widened, unexpected speed was shown. But he wasn't as fast as she was. Quickly with a grunt she did a backflip, getting out of the slicing path of the scythe, she slid on her feet as she landed, only going a couple feet back. Kia twisted her foot a little to the side to get traction on the ground before launching herself at yosuke as he was finishing the swing, getting a wide opening of his shoulder. She then proceeded to bring the blade down as she was closing the distance between the two.

Relying entirely on his heightened senses, He managed to knock her sword off its course with the butt of his scythe. It missed him by only a few centimeters. Quickly retreating, he assessed his situation. Her speed outmatched his own, but only barely. He had longer reach, but her blade was harder to counter. Perhaps chase would not be the best option for him currently. He took a more defensive stance prepared to react to the slightest movement.

Kia changed her stance into a more offensive position, holding it above her head in a horizontal position, taking side steps slowly circling yosuke, eyes full of determination. She took in a deep breath, and charged at him. She slid onto her legs and hips, and once she was close enough, she put both feet on his legs, coming up from bellow with a uppercut of her sword.

As her sword came from below, Yosuke deflected the blow, knocking Kia to the ground. He stood in front of her, and brought the blade right beside her head. "Not bad. You almost had me on that last one." He stuck out his hand to help her up.

Kia smirked and grabbed his hand, "you shouldn't let your gaurd down even after the fight" she said pulling his arm, bending her left leg up to clamp on his arm. And she pulled him down to the ground, before plunging the blade to his back. Stopping centimeters from his back. "but your not to bad yourself" she giggled before rolling onto her back, getting onto her feet and standing up before him. "Lets go one more, first one to make a hit wins" she said backing up a few steps getting into a offensive position like before.

"Why not? Lets go" Yosuke took his defensive stance, and watched her as she circled him. However this time he would be a bit more deceptive. He spent much time in his stance, however his hands were much lower on the shaft. With one fluid motion his entire stance shifted to one more suited for offense, and his blade found its way to the back of her neck. "Just make sure to keep your own advice."

Saria stood above the arena, watching the match with interest. Yosuke's year of experience more showed in his performance. While Kia's maneuvers were flashy and risky, Yosuke moved only as much as necessary and didn't press without an opening. It was also apparent that the angel wasn't familiar with combating an enemy wielding a scythe. Naturally Kirigawa won the first match. Saria's eyes narrowed when Kia attacked despite having lost; it was a shameful act spurred by pride because she wasn't willing to admit the loss.

Saria waited for Kia outside the arena. As soon as she saw the angel come out, Saria fell into step alongside her. "He won the match. What do you think you did wrong?"

Kia blinked. "Oh, I'm better with combo attacks with my abilities. I never was the best with my sword" she began, she hadn't noticed that sariah had been watching, and criticizing her. "Though I feel like that could be gone better, I just have a lot running through my mind right now so...." She slowly started to walk off.

Saria
"You were overeager to win, so you charged despite the risk. And," Saria paused, forcing Kia's attention back to her, "you accepted his hand, then attacked. Never betray a friend's trust like that." The last was said with a tone colder than ice. Watching Kia's petty action had been deeply upsetting for Saria, and she made no effort to hide that. Her message now delivered, Saria let Kia leave and returned to the practice arenas to continue training.

Last edited by a moderator:
The students of the academy continued on with their day, and It was the same throughout the week really. By the beginning of the next week there was an announcement done school wide.

"Attention students. Today the request board is being opened up for students. For those unfamiliar to requests think of them as miniature missions. But do not take them lightly. Often requests require extermination. With that said there are some rules for requests. Only fourth or fifth year may go alone, but we highly discourage doing so none the less. First years must be accompanied by a third year or greater to be allowed to go. Group limits depend on the mission at hand. If it requires stealth, then the limit would likely be two or three. If it was extermination, then the limit would be more around four to six. You do not have to take part in these missions, though you will be excused from classes for two day if you do so. Thank you all and enjoy your day."

Kia was still lingering on the attitude she had gotten from sariah. To her, it seems she may have made an enemie at the school. Guess that's what she gets for becoming social again. During the weak though she learned new things her katana was capabable of. It could change its size, to being as long as a average size person, to being no longer then a forearm. And still being well balanced.

After hearing the announcement she quickly grabbed her things and went for the request board, and looked for her favorite types of missions. Stealth, she enjoyed it as it required the use of her agility, and it was less messy and more of a challenge for her. The mission she picked was to infiltrate a abandoned factory. Now occupied by a dark elf, who had taken the place as a base of operations. The only thing was, the place was also guarded by possessed humans, under the control of the dark elf, so killing was restricted only for the dark elf himself. A stealthy approach was advised, and if caught in combat with the possessed, only put them down in none lethal ways. Once the elf is destroyed, the possessed should return to normal. "Now to find a partner willing to come with me on this...." Kia said to herself going over the information.

"Can I bring Skye with me?"

"No. Master Samuel said she's not allowed off of Horizon. Because..."
"Because of her parents. I don't know of anyone who hasn't heard by now. It's a shame; she's a really nice girl. She studies even harder than you, and is probably the best cook I've ever met."

Saria nodded, unable to dispute the claim. She'd been working harder than usual to make sure she didn't gain any weight from the delicious meals. "She's too soft to perform well on a mission anyway. She can't fight, and she sympathizes with everyone. Even your demons."

"Gale has asked you for a kiss a hundred times; was that jab really necessary?"

"I've punched him every time, so there is no reason I shouldn't have that time. When he stops asking, I'll stop punching. He knows that."

"Still, I didn't think I'd ever see Gale flustered by a girl. One compress and a kiss on the forehead to make it feel better and the little villain was struck speechless. In a way, Skye is dangerous. I can see why they like her helping at the hospital."

The pair descended into silence. That was enough reminiscing about yesterday evening; Saria wanted to get busy. She had a big meal to burn off before it took to her hips. "Have you picked out a mission yet?"

"Not yet; I haven't checked the board. You?"
"I'm doing a hunt. Whatever they have available, as long as the prey is big."

"Never one for a break, are you? Partner?"

"Davin if he's not busy. Otonashi and Liber if he is."

"Good luck, then. See you when it's over."
"Stay safe."

"You, too."

Saria stood up from her chair, stretching out a little before leaving the library. Isaac leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes. Who would he want as a partner? Sheridan, Sarah, and Coal would make good company, but he hoped they would head down with Davin. Yosuke, Roy, Benjamin, Heinrick... there were plenty of people he could bring with him. Maybe he'd just pick whomever he ran into the soonest.

-----

The request board. Available on any school terminal, it was a means for the Five Districts to request help from Horizon. It was also the biggest chance for students to earn credit for themselves and their class. The missions were never serious ones, of course; anything urgent was sent directly to the Heads. These were the small things that people wanted: a stolen item, herb hunting, collecting demon parts, or similar. Isaac would compare it to finishing Quests to earn Gold in that strange form of recreation from long ago called "RPG," except that gold was worthless in this day and age. Students had to deal in credit and points--credit for passing classes, and points for enjoying small luxuries such as a soft mattress and eating out. They were off the silly gold-standard and on the work-standard.

Isaac was browsing the terminal, trying to pick one that looked nice. He noticed Saria had already flagged one: "Behemoth Claws - Kinich." She would be the first to choose to pursue a twenty-foot monstrosity. Isaac didn't want something that crazy--he didn't have a near-invincible body. With a sigh, Isaac scrolled back up and refreshed to check what may have been flagged while he was reading.

A new mission was sitting at the top of the list. "Missing Persons! - Loxdon." He clicked it without hesitation, reading through the details rapidly.
My husband leads a research team that studies the plants. Two days ago they found some strange readings coming from the mountain to the north. He and two members of his team set out yesterday morning, but they still haven't come back. Please, find out what happened to them.
Isaac flagged the request and pulled out his phone. The first number he dialed was the one he'd picked up at lunch last week.

"Hey, Liam? How would you like to go mountain-climbing in North America? Meet me at the portal in an hour."

Liam was in his room. He sat at his desk, reading his textbook. He had finished all of his classes and homework, and he couldn't find much else to do. Without warning, Liam's cellphone rang, filling the room with a piercing sound. "I really need to change my ring tone," Liam said, "who's calling me anyway?" Liam said as he pulled the phone from his pocket. He looked at the caller ID. It was Issac. Liam answered the phone.

"Hey, Liam? How would you like to go mountain-climbing in North America? Meet me at the portal in an hour." Issac said.

Liam smiled. "Sounds good. You'll be at the portal in an hour? I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Liam hung up. He jumped out of his seat, grabbing the bow and knifes next to his desk. Liam ran out the door and headed to the portal room.

((This collab takes place before the little time-skip to the missions being announced))

Davin/Sheridan Spar​

If Sheridan didn't want to talk about what bothered her, then he wouldn't pry. Still, it bugged him as they went over to the training area and squared off. Davin returned his shield to his storage and kept the sword, so that it would be on a more even setup for her. He wanted to see how she could fight, so he took a stance, leading with one hand forward and the sword held level with his head, parallel to the ground. For now, he would be more defense oriented, and use flawed forms and strikes, to see how well she exploited them. He motioned with his hand and said, "At your convenience."

"I'm sorry if I accidentally cut you." she said before charging at him and swerving around him and behind his legs at one moment before trying to knock his legs out from under him with a kick to the back of his knees. She really wanted to prove herself to him even if it wouldn't really be for any reason other than praise since she didn't believe she needed to win his affection. Unfortunately, she telegraphed her move so much, Davin had plenty of time to figure it out and turned with her, hopping over the strike meant to knock him down.

On his way down, he slashed down with his sword in a motion that would have cleaved through her shoulder and bitten into her torso were this a real fight. It caught Sheridan off guard and she squeaked in surprise before she let herself drop to the floor and land on her back to avoid the hit. Before he could use it against her she rolled to the side and flipped back up onto her feet. Davin wavered on his feet for a moment when his feet planted, so he had little opportunity to take advantage of Sheridan's opening anyway. She was a lot faster than he expected, which helped compensate for her inexperience. Instead, he resumed his stance and moved in cautious side-steps around her, on her unarmed side.

"I may be small but I'm fast, I always train my speed." she said smirking as she kept facing him. "And stop going easy on me."

"As you wish," Davin answered. His posture straightened up and he solidified his stance. He almost seemed to bounce, light as a feather, on his feet. His sword seemed to blur through the air as he poked and prodded at Sheridan's defenses, but he didn't fully commit to a strike if it would leave him open. He slipped to her unarmed side again, switching his sword to his other hand, and struck out towards her torso with the flat of his blade.

"Holy crud!" She yelped in surprise as she jumped back when he swung with the flat side. "How are you so fast for someone your size?!" she asked as she raised her weapon to deflect the next strike.

"Exercise, training and experience," Davin replied and stepped towards her, rather than around her as he had been up to that point. He feinted with his sword and swept Sheridan's blade up and out his path. At the same time, he used his free arm to wrap around Sheridan's shoulder, kicked his foot at the back of her leg, and twisted, pressing into her with a motion that would send her straight to the ground. It did indeed get her and she hit the ground with a thud and a grunt from her. She didn't even have time to recover before he was pinning her down and pretending to use the pommel of his sword to bash in her face, causing her to instinctively flinch.

Davin stopped just an inch short of actually hitting her and eased his grip on her. "Not bad for a First-Year. Did you have anyone to teach you, or is that all self-taught?" He got up off her, and helped her to her feet, in case she was winded from the fall.

"Umph." she said as she held her chest and stood. "I taught myself, I never had anyone to teach me."

"You've got some talent then. I'd be happy to help you improve," He offered and glanced over to see most of the others finishing up. "Looks like time's up. Let's go eat."

"Okay." she said with a small smile and a nod as she sheathed her weapon and popped her back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davin was in his room studying up on his demonology when the announcement went out. He flipped the book shut with a thoughtful hum. He'd spent the week mostly attending classes and training, sometimes with Sheridan as promised. He'd been wondering when the missions would be opened up for the students again. He made his way down to the request boards and looked over the numerous requests. Despite there only being five districts, they were gigantic, with a lot of people in them, so the Academy students never lacked for work. He noted the different claimed requests and noticed Saria's name on a hunting quest. He whipped out his phone and dialed her number. "Saria, it's Davin. You need a teammate on that hunting quest?"

He called her first. Saria was a little surprised, but Davin was one of the few who would choose to join her on a Behemoth hunt. "I do. Will you be ready to head out before noon? Alright, thank you. See you there."

As Saria hung up again, she noticed Skye watching her with unconcealed curiosity. "Who was that?"

"Davin. He'll be going with me today."

"Oh. for the Behemoth, right?"
Skye smiled, but it lacked the radiance Saria had come to know.

"Yeah." Awkward silence. "Um, I could try talking to Master Samuel. You could come as an observer so you aren't stuck up here all the time."
"No, thank you. I'm fine. Really. Mrs. Shirley asked me to be at the hospital this afternoon because their busy season is starting. With all of you going for missions, now."

"Mm." Another awkward silence. Somehow they always came up when the two girls discussed missions. "I'm leaving then. Tell Mrs. Shirley I said hi."

"Okay! Be careful down there."

"Mm."

Saria went back to her room to finish loading her pack. Water, rope, and a grapple on top of a pair of grenades and some plastic explosives she'd collected from the quartermaster earlier--just the essentials for a large hunt. She could hear Skye humming in the kitchen, but before her curiosity compelled her to go ask, Skye knocked on the open door to Saria's room and presented a boxed lunch. "Here. You're leaving before lunch, so I made enough for both of you."
"Right. Thank you, Skye."

The human smiled--this time with its full radiance--and returned to the kitchen to clean up. It took Saria several long moments to remember what she'd been doing. She added the lunch to her pack and left home, heading for the portal that would take her to Kinich.

-----

"Fantastic." As Liam hung up, Isaac tried to think of who they could use as a third. Two would probably be adequate, but a third would make him more comfortable. Yosuke? Saria had expressed her approval of the fourth-year, so he would make a good partner. But then again, it would be better if he were taking younger students out. Another second or third year would be best. He had numbers for Bruno and Nester, but they were already marked for Herbs at Fort Bismark.

Well, he couldn't waste any more time here. If he met someone along the way, he would invite them; otherwise, it would be just Isaac and Liam. Isaac printed off a quick map of the mountain they would be exploring and ran for the dorms to get ready. Liam was fired up to go, so he didn't want to keep his junior waiting long. There was too much to do for prep: collecting equipment from the quartermaster, waking Pelap and Gale, and of course gearing up. And trying to draft a third to join them.

Ariel
"So, my old man is going to be running more messages for a while, and Mom's still guarding Umezawa... Huh... I get that they are important, but couldn't they be a bit more interested with their daughter?..." Suddenly the announcement regarding the request board sounded. "Ah Hell yeah! Guess I can gripe about my parents later. Right now, I have an angel to send on a guilt trip."

Now this was something she could enjoy! All she had to do was make Frey think she was still mad at him, and she could easily get him to go on this mission with him. First order of buisness was to pick out a mission that seemed interesting enough. Ah, here was one. Investigation request-Remus. Lets see details... Perfect.

I am a supply runner for a small town known as Littenburg at the edge of the safe zone. One day they sent me on a supply run. The trip takes about two days. When I returned they all were dancing and laughing in the square. At first I was pleased to see that they were enjoying themselves, but as I got closer I noticed that something was odd about them. They all seemed dead in their eyes as if they had no real control of their body. Figuring this was demon's work I fled and reported the problem. Please investigate this mysterious occurrence. I am scared for the people of that town.
Great! Now to just make him think you are still super pissed. Ariel made her way to his dorm and knocked. "Hey... If you want to make things right you will go on this mission with me. I am going either way, but if you do not go, then who knows what will happen to me. I am sliding the details under the door. I will wait at the portal around one. If you aren't there I won't acknowledge you any more." Lets hope this works the way it was planned...
Yosuke
"'Bout time. It was getting a little boring without the requests." He checked the board. By God just about everything was taken! There was a search request which caught his attention. However that was already taken. "Liam and Isaac... I like them well enough." He ran around looking for him, for quite a while. He had no luck of course. Eventually he found him in his dorm. He knocked first, but he was out of breath from searching the campus for him. "Gah... Woh... Hey... Isaac, I'm gah... game for the, mi-mission if you're still... Looking for huh, someone."

There weren't many people in line for the portal yet. Saria and Davin had made it early. Waiting for the portal to connect to Kinich West, Saria was shifting her weight back and forth between feet. It would take a clueless first-year to not realize how antsy she was; even Saria noticed it in herself, but she couldn't stop herself. The first hunt of the year had a special feeling, especially after being locked on Horizon all summer. She started reading aloud the notes she'd written last night in the hopes she could go on this hunt soon.

"Behemoth: eighteen to twenty-two feet tall, weighing anywhere between twelve and sixteen tons; a mouth filled with carnivorous teeth intended for tearing flesh from bone, each tooth being no less than a foot long; sharp claws on its forearms and legs, again intended for tearing flesh; a hump back for storing food and a strong, thick hide. That is nigh impenetrable with anything less than a Black Arrow shot from a Dwar..." Saria paused there. Upon closer inspection, the last sentence most certainly wasn't her handwriting.

-----

Isaac had gotten caught up helping Frey pack. There wasn't any way Isaac would let him refuse the request Ariel had made, so he was doing everything he could to push to recluse out the door. That was the state of affairs when Yosuke arrived at the door, breathing like he had just run a marathon. It was a reminder that Isaac was keeping Liam waiting... and he only had five minutes left in the promised hour.

"Narf! Uh, sure; I'd love to have you come with, but I'm running late. I'm supposed to meet Liam at the portal like right now, so you've got two minutes to pack while I finish prepping." What a wonderful thing to tell a man already gasping for air. At least they were at the dorms already; Yosuke wouldn't have to go far.

Davin didn't take long to get ready, since his most important gear was always nearby. He added some important survival gear to his storage, along with a map of the area, and a few other things. But to anyone who didn't know about his special storage, it looked like he was about to waltz into the portal with nothing but his uniform. He could understand Saria's eagerness, though he managed to keep from fidgeting too much, limiting it to drumming his fingers on his thigh and glancing at the head of the shrinking line. He didn't catch the reference the added bit to Saria's notes made, but he looked at her with a raised brow, "Seriously? What do we know about the area around it? I didn't have a chance to study the map much."

They could do more reconnaissance if needed once they were on the ground, but he still wanted to know as much as possible beforehand. He couldn't remember ever fighting a behemoth, though he'd tangoed with monsters of similar size and ferocity. For that matter, how smart were these things? If they were just dumb, demonic beasts, then this wouldn't be particularly hard. Smart opponents were always the more dangerous. The thought drew him back to the first mission of the year, and how deadly the Rugarus Alphas turned out to be, making the light scars on his back and side tingle from remembered pain. After roughly two weeks, He still hesitated right before flying after remembering how easily he and Ariel had been torn out of the sky by their magic.

Yosuke
"What?! Two minutes?! Oh for the love of-Ambrosia! Get my stuff, will you?" His partner appeared beside him and eagerly flew off to his room to grab some of his equipment. His scythe was still in the training room, so he needed to grab those. He made a mad dash for the training room. It took him a while to finally find it, but the blade was switch for a training one. It took him another minute or so to find the blade, and once his scythe was repaired, he felt energized, and able to run an entire marathon. He sped out of the class, and Ambrosia flew right beside him carrying a bag with her filled with food and maps and other possibly necessary equipment. He soon arrived at the portal, and noticed Liam standing there. "Yo, Liam. I haven't seen you for a while now."

Sheridan heard the announcments and contemplated it for a moment before standing from her bed. She had been reading a book in her free time in her dorm with Coal laying next to her on the bed, reading a book of his own. "Wanna go see if we can find someone to go on a mission with?" Sheridan asked Coal as she stretched with a yawn.

"Yeah sure why not." Coal said smiling as he closed his book and stood too, popping his back.

It seemed missions were now available for choosing. Brant needed more points to purchase the materials he needed for a new piece of equipment he wanted to make, so he made his way to the nearest terminal and scrolled through the entries and sighed as he read some of them. It would be nice to know of the missions ahead of time so he could properly prepare. "Ooh, behemoth. Let me fight it? Pleeeeaaase?" Beal nagged at Brant, sending him impulses to move his arm and flag the mission. Brant grunted and exerted his will over the demon, forcing it's influence back. "Bah! You never let me indulge myself." Ignoring the Demon in his head, he stopped at a missing persons mission. It seemed easy enough, he wouldn't need to prepare much for it. The mission had already been flagged though, by an Isaac. Well, hopefully he wouldn't mind Brant coming along. He took a mental note of the name of the person who had flagged the behemoth mission, just in case "Isaac" didn't want a first year tagging along. He could feel Beal's delight.

Brant made a stop at his room, grabbing some of his personal equipment that would work for either mission. He strapped on some light leather armor, good for moving around and climbing and would help marginally against a Behemoth, among other items. His shield was slung across his back and his mace hung from a loop at one hip and his rune carved rod hung from the other. Both tools could be fastened so they wouldn't jostle excessively. Brant headed out to the portal. He stood near the line, with a large piece of paper with the words "ISAAC TRAVERZ" written in big letters with a marker. Brant waited in earnest, vaguely wondering if his scars would drive Isaac off.

FREY

Frey took the details from under the door. Something about people with dead eyes dancing around. And when there's dancing, there's bound to be music. He couldn't help but feel that Ariel picked this request specifically for Frey to take part in. Not only that, but it sounded like she threatened to go alone if he didn't come.

Frey knew exactly what she's trying to pull.

Is this Ariel's idea of a diabolical plan to get Frey to spend some time with her? Either way, it's not cute. Unfortunately, the request she picked was far too intriguing to just ignore. He'd set it aside to think about it, but Isaac, who was apparently his roommate, overheard Ariel from the door. He then proceeded to urge Frey pack up for the mission. See, this is why Frey hates being around people on a normal day.

Guess he didn't have a choice. He reluctantly gathered some supplies, before he saw a Gaian breathless just before the door. Oh great, more people. Frey always found Yosuke an all-over-the-place kind of person, like he's always unsure of how to act and when. But Frey holds nothing but respect for him in the battlefield. He's not just someone he'd want to be friends with on a normal day. In fact, he wouldn't want to be friends with a lot of people. Frey went for the door once Yosuke dashed off.

"Well, good luck, Isaac. Though, I'm probably the one who'll need it more." Frey said with a troubled expression, before leaving for the portal.

Ariel
Ariel was waiting at the portal for a little while, before Frey came. She had already been waiting for a bit. As she saw him, she smiled. "Don't get the wrong idea, I actually am still mad about last week. But it makes me happy to know you are coming with me, even if you wish I wasn't here." She waited until it was their turn before they were sent down to the closest transport sight from their destination. There was a person willing to drive them halfway there, but they would have to walk the rest of the way. It seemed as if news of this town had spread across the entire southern area of Remus.

She hid it rather well, but in truth Ariel was ecstatic about having Frey with her. She would have been happy with anyone, but Frey gave off a feeling, that made her feel protected. It might had been the fact that her parents were always so busy that she wanted to feel like she was being watched over.
"Hey, uh... Thanks for coming with me. I really needed to take my mind off my Dad. He's a Runner, and has been entrusted with some rather important information he needs to report to the council. Said one of the Observers noticed some strange demon activity in Umezawa. Seems like a group of demons of different races are suddenly banding together. If this is true, it could be a major problem for human-kind, and my dad could be in real danger." She really shouldn't have told him that. It was classified information, but it made her feel better having it off her chest. Their ride over they now continued on foot. As they closed the gap between them and the village, Ariel felt a dull pain in her head, but just brushed it off.

Liam ran out of his dorm in excitement. As he neared the portal room, however, he realized that he had brought nothing but his weapons. In what could be a several day long quest, being unprepared was the same as death. "Well, I still have a while...." Liam mumbled as he turned back to his dorm. Liam came back to him dorm. Once inside, he began to pack a backpack with essential survival equipment. He took about twenty minutes to fully pack, and another fifteen to make his way back the to portal room. He stood in line, and saw a first year waiting with sign that said, "ISSAC TRAVERZ."

"I wonder who he's waiting for." Liam said sarcastically. He was about to talk to the new student, when a familiar voice caught his attention.

"Yo, Liam. I haven't seen you for a while now." Yosuke said.

"Your right. I haven't really talked to since," Liam looked up and thought for a second, " summer vacation. Wow. Anyway, want to talk to the newbie? It looks like he's going on the mission with us."

FREY

As the two continued to move to their destination on foot, Frey couldn't help but think about what Ariel said about her dad. Why did she just give him info that would most likely be classified? Does she really trust him that much? Then he was reminded of how her parents were always busy putting their lives on the line. If only Ariel learned to appreciate her parents for once, she wouldn't be goofing off and treating these requests like petty 'dates'. Though, maybe it's because her parents don't pay enough attention to her that she's always looking for a way to get noticed by someone else. And the lucky winner is Frey.
He does worry about Ariel's parents sometimes. He didn't want her to end up like him. Though even if it does come to that, Frey knows for a fact that she would handle it a lot better than he ever did. Look what he had gotten himself into.
He looked at Ariel, who had a distressed expression as if she felt a sudden pain, but it quickly faded away. Frey had a bad feeling about what's to come.

"You alright there?" Frey asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.