Hisakawa: NEXT (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Laura, #8A0707, solid]
Laura_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Topside, Gardens ]
What Laura said fell on deaf ears. The star-marked girl didn't even bother with some sort of glance or snappy sentence. So maybe she just didn't hear her? Maybe she was too busy power-tripping. After all, Laura had to imagine it took quite some effort to keep a girl in check that used others like some ragdoll.

Nonetheless, it was interesting to know that Laura was basically an open target as she paid no protection fee. Nobody had ever bothered her about it, either.

The guards did shoot the guy from earlier, despite the 'fee', did not shoot Forta and now did not proceed to shoot Kira either. It was probably safe to assume the guards wouldn't protect Laura either unless it by someone causing the biggest of scenes. Or maybe they intended to shot Forta and just missed...?

Whatever. With Laura now knowing that Kira literally ignored her, which might be for the best, there was no reason to be here anymore. Neither would she push her luck.

Why was she supposed to help Forta anyways? Kira wasn't wrong. The gorilla girl had made her intentions clear of killing the now dead guy earlier. The white-hair just couldn't understand how literally everybody on the here, safe the butai, was on Nanashi's side. Though really, it shouldn't matter to her anymore.

Instead, Laura simply turned around once again and proceeded to leave the scene of action.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Nanashi, purple, solid]
Forta_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st , Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Topside, Gardens ]

@ERode
As Banri made a tough decision, he relented. Just as he had decided to do that, the daily delivery plopped itself onto his head, the seagull gliding on above cawed as if amused by it's hit.

Hayato throws the bottle aside. Breaking it and Forta's chance to grab it to retaliate. Instead, Hayato wanted to talk.

Hayato attempted to persuade Kira on Luck...
But It failed.

"You can hate me if you want. We're paid to do our jobs. That's what I'm doing here. That clear enough?"

Then Fuka claimed that she had just transferred money to Kira. As kira had said, Forta wasn't under protection by the Butai due to not paying when they arrived. Fuka sought to reverse that, paying to Kira the amount now.

"You can't be serious...?"

Kira grinned skeptically... there was no way Fuka would have her number. After all, they'd never...
Kira's phone chimed immediately.

"What!"

Kira took her phone out of her pocket. She confirmed it. A fund transfer had been done.

The sharp eyed one, the blue haired one, and another bystander again continued to speak on behalf of their classmate. One student even proclaimed that 'they' would do anything to protect the girl under her foot right now. How facinating. Was he her girlfriend or something? Or was that just the mob mentality giving cowards the courage to spout such drivel.

Everyone was urging Kira not to finish her off. There was one point that the sharp eyed one had, however... these people were persistent - or maybe she simply wasn't being enough of a tyrant to shut them up scared.

But doing that wasn't a good idea either. Kira saw the Guards on the wall were now focused on what was going down right here.

Annoying. All of this chatter was brutally annoying. The old butai would've cut these idiots down in a heartbeat for behind disobedient. Damned sensitivity training.

One of the girls whom had been gravely injured by the boy stood up. She attempted to convince Kira that the Butai should've been more focused on helping the ones whom had gotten hurt by the ordeal rather than an execution. There was something very impactful about it. It was the same idealistic drivel that newcomers tended to spout out due to not understanding how the school worked, but seeing her speak out on behalf of the others with that sort of injury was an eye catcher to say the least.

"Ara ara... "Kill all of us"? What are you saying, miss? How can a lovely heroine of justice such as miss Forta be able to do that? Surely you jest! From my perspective, you, miss, are more capable to "kill all of us" here, but still, you are far too cute a lady for such a horrifying act"

"...Can you people not just shut up for five seconds? Goddamn it."

Kira took her foot off Forta and withdrew her spear.

"Salvatore, Kreiger. Remove the body."

"Yes, Mam'"

Walking away, Kira looked over to Kuni and the others one last time.

"There isn't any kind of ambulance service here. But, one of the better students who can help you classmates lives over in the library. You're going to want to take yourselves over there. Treating your injuries though... the Butai is a police force, not an insurance company. You've all pretty much applied first aid to the people that matter so the rest is up to you."

"Since pink haired one was so passionate I'll overlook what this girls' done. Just this once."

Kira left.
The Butai members remaining dealt with disposing of the body.

Ai was the first person over to Forta. Given that Kuni was already up, she took up a couple of things from the First Aid Kit Banri had been using. She went over to Forta or rather...

"Are you okay?! Nana! Please answer...!"

Forta had a dazed expression. Like she was about to lose consciousness.

AI looked to the others behind her. She... wanted to ask them for help, but... after what had just happened...

"Sorry..."

"...sorry? For what?"

Ai responded ponderously. This was good, Forta could still talk, even if just barely.

"...Causing so much trouble."

"It's.... fine. But, we'll probably have a whole lot of people to apologize to after this... right? How do you feel? Nana...?"

There was something about Ai that caught Banri's attention as he watched on as she treated their classmate.
It was incredibly troubling the more he thought about it.

Ai knew exactly what she was doing. Treating Forta.

Then why did she stand by for Kuni, Ryuu, even Fuka!?
This wasn't a time to bring it up.

They had to get Ryuu, Fuka and Kuni to the library where they could get further treatment.
Even if they could stand up now, they had to get looked at.

[/fieldbox]

"Oh, Hayato. I see that our services have impressed you to the point that you have brought us some referrals in Fatuita. They've arrived."

"That's DOCTOR Fatuita. But, alright then, lets go from most critical to least critical."

"Anyway, don't mind those scary looking thuggish folk. You won't have to worry about them unless you're like, a scummy person who can't pay for their own treatment! Now lets get started~!"

[fieldbox= Kuuyari, green, solid]
Kuuyari_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Kuni's Room ]

Kuni and Forta both ultimately needed to stay and recuperate.
Those whom were present couldn't understand what the strange girl with dual tone hair did to them. But she did so so quickly.

Kuni's neck felt stiff, but the... uncomfortable feeling of having a slice in her neck. It was gone. Covered under clean bandages. She wondered why she was even still here being told to rest. It was like she didn't need any treatment any longer - and that fact scared her.

She couldn't remember what Fatuita had done to her after she pulled her to the back. Likewise did Ryuu no memory of a treatment at all. But it was evident that after he had returned, he felt much better.

Fuka wasn't quite as lucky though. The hole in her hand was cleaned and plastered over, but it was left to heal on it's own it seemed. What a jip.

Their friends were safe now. But it provided little relief. Because now came the question of how to pay for the treatment that Kuni, Fuka, and Ryuu had received. According to Doctor Fatuita the pay was supposed be much higher. But it was lowered down a bit from the norm due to this special case. Still, they owed about four months allowance altogether. Four times the amount of what Fuka had given to Kira earlier.

Save for Laura, all those present at the gardens were now slightly bunched up in Kuni's 'hospital' room. Forta also had her own room to recuperate, but at the moment it was closed off. Ai and Kagami were having a discussion with her.

Outside of Kuni's room, Kuuyari stood out in the hallway by Kuni's, just finishing a hushed conversation with Fatuita, she turned away as the dual tone girl walked off.

Kuuyari was visibly in a foul mood. It made one wonder what they had been talking about. She poked her head into Kuni's room.

"Four thousand credits then, for the pinkish one, the Fool, and the Flamboyant one. That's the best that can be done then."

She closed her eyes.

"You know why the asked for your room numbers, correct? In the event that the patient can't pay, then they'll extract that payment from your material possessions. The moment a patient walks out of this building... the debitors will get set loose. If they treat you and they WILL get paid. That's how the only reputable student clinic in this facility works."

Kuuyari had lots of money, didn't she? Why couldn't they just..?

The shortie shot a death glance at the first person to even think of it.

"Don't even think about it. Even I couldn't pay that all off on my own at this stage."

"That detestable one has already made me give charity. But no more. But, considering I've already had to chip a fraction of my fortune away for this, I don't think it'd be too hard to have the rest of you chip in for the rest. That is, if you want to go that for for those three."

Four thousand credits.
The moment either Fuka, Kuni, or Ryuu stepped out of this building... they wouldn't be able to make it back in time to stop their things from being pilfered.

@Karyra
@Love
@Luma
@_everyone in general

[/fieldbox]

Forta_Ico.jpg

[ October 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Forta's Room ]

Ai sat up against the door. This wasn't a conversation that she wanted anyone else to hear. This is something that had to stay between them.

Forta lay on the hospital bed. She felt fine. Amazingly fine. Just what did that doctor do to her?

"Forta, do you feel better? Well enough to talk?"

She nodded meekly.

"Good. Because, we have a whole lot to talk about. Like why several of our classmates are in the hospital, for instance."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa institution, ??? ]

Fuka kept on running. Running from that place; with the needles, and the scalpels, and the... tube-y things? And who knows what other horrors.

Somehow, Forta had managed to get out of that mess, but at what cost? She'd critically injured three people and killed another one directly. Forta should be grateful she didn't drive this nail straight through her heart after what she pulled...

"Ngh..."

The nail...

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Kuni's Room ]

After what could easily have been a couple hours, Fuka finally relented and found her way back. Although she reluctantly allowed the treatment, Fuka's constant glaring made it clear that she wasn't the slightest bit interested in remaining.

"I'm glad you two survived," she addressed Ryuu and Kuni.

Fuka sounded tired. The entire day had been one disaster after another, and she clearly didn't have the energy to act as hyper as she usually did. Or perhaps it was the hospital...

Either way, she didn't even try to sound peppy.

"Bubblegum." She stode up uncomfortably close to look her in the eyes, pondering... something. "That was less careful than a honey badger."

Fuka turned away, seemingly ending the thought like that. That is, until she whipped out her phone and sent Kuni several short messages.

"But you caught my attention"
"So if you're that interested in my friendship"
"There are some things you need to know about me"
"Tell me when you're released and we'll meet somewhere alone"
"If you still want friendship after we talk than I can accept it"

"Wait, what?! The three of us have to—" Fuka cut herself off as Fatuita left and a familiar Minto-chan showed up. After a few moments of mulling over the situation, Fuka exited the room and peeked in each of the various little 'hospitals' in the library before finally catching Fatuita on her way between rooms.

"Umm... Doctor Oreo. I realize you're busy, but... well..." Fuka put on her best 'innocent schoolgirl' face. "I didn't want to say anything because I don't mind paying, but it just seems so cruel, having those two lose so much when that Cotton Candy girl was the one who hurt them."

Fuka shuffled her feet awkwardly, throwing Fatuita a guilty look as if she felt bad for throwing Forta under the bus.

What she was suggesting...

"I don't mind paying for my treatment, but since you billed us all together... do you think maybe you could spare those poor victims and charge that hateful girl instead? I'm sure if you took all of her things, she could afford it all..."

Fuka attempted to use Intuition to convince Fatuita to charge Forta the 4,000 instead...

@Ehb
@Karyra[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

[ October 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Kuni's Room ]

After that whole scene that went wrong, Rinne found herself cramped into a hospital room where Ryuu, Kuni and Fuka were recovering. She realized that her bruises would heal over time. But for those three, they do need to be taken care of.

Rinne saw what sort of wound Kuni got and she knows that Kuni wouldn't walk out of the hospital immediately. Though hearing on the bills, Rinne was surprised that if any of the three didn't pay up, they'd have their stuffs taken. Not that Rinne would care for the flamboyant playboy or the textbook villain. With Kuu appearing, she immediately thought of maybe Kuu would pay for everyone. But she was shot by a glare by the mint haired girl.

"Don't even think about it. Even I couldn't pay that all off on my own at this stage."

So Kuu wasn't that rich either...

"That detestable one has already made me give charity. But no more. But, considering I've already had to chip a fraction of my fortune away for this, I don't think it'd be too hard to have the rest of you chip in for the rest. That is, if you want to go that for for those three."

Rinne immediately thought of chipping in on helping the wounded to not get their stuffs taken. She stood up and looked over to Kuu.

"I'll chip in my money for Kuni's treatment, the other two... Not so much, maybe the others would like to?" She looked over to her classmates. Wondering if they'll also help paying the treatment as well.

"But..." She turned her gaze back to Kuu once again. "If our pool is not enough, would you help us filling it? I mean, you couldn't pay all on your own, but surely you can help in some portion yes?"

Rinne uses her Intuition to persuade Kuu to help partially chip in on the payment of Kuni,Ryuu, and Fuka's treatment...

@Ehb
@_EveryoneThatIsNotLaura

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

Four thousand credits.

Four months' worth of allowance.

For proper medical treatment in this prison full of assholes and maniacs, without any bullshit like stolen organs or rapists creeping on anesthesia-drugged patients, it was a…fair amount. So there was no need for bargaining, like that bitchfucker, trying to dick over Forta. There was no need for prayers, like that Justice maggot, trying to depend on Kuu for more income.

Sucks, huh? How neither troublemaking nor heroism actually pays?

Banri looked at Ryuu and Kuni, both of them fine after the miracle treatment of Fatuita, before shrugging.

"Better give me your tips from now on."

And with that, the common delinquent transferred one thousand credits from his own phone to Fatuita's, marking the transfer as 'For Kuni, Ryuu, and Fuka's treatment.' Was there a sense of catharsis there, as his account dropped to 0?

Probably not. He was actually a bit pissed that things fell off that way. Had to go wash off that birdshit too. Those goddamn animals. Maybe he could buy a rifle off Kagami one day and just shoot those shitcarriers out of the air. Even a slingshot would be fine.

"Thanks for your haggling, Kuu," he said, before walking out of the ward, to the dying light of day, a magenta skyscape dappled with diamonds.

Double the shifts then. That's what he'd be going for.

@Love @Karyra @Ehb
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

[ November 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Topside, Gardens - Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Kuni's Room - Hallways - ?]

"Thank you for your assistance, if there is another innocent like this I shall not get in the way." Bowing her head lightly, Kazuko was once more left considering her opinion of this Kira, either way she had relented for now.. With the recommendation on where to take them Kazuko sets about helping with transporting Forta, the most critical of the three.

Naturally some of the others were already trying to play off the debt or to get it lowered for whatever reason of kindness, having learned nothing of this place from the last encounter, save for Banri. Not wanting to wait and see what some of the others would do Kazuko pulls out her own phone from a pocket on her shirt.

"I'm afraid I will not be as generous as Banri, Five Hundred Credits for the three. I'm not comfortable with spending more than that, given this place.." Transferring the funds to Fatuita, Kazuko bows lightly, hopefully some of the others would come up with the rest, but she was not about to throw all thousand credits on this grouping. Too many of them played the hero here as it was, she would not be giving them room for her last few credits out of some concept of goodness. "Good day."

Nodding in parting to those that were here, Kazuko quickly leaves the room, making no attempts to haggle the price. Of the 4k needed 1500 was collected. While she knew Fuka had no means to pay, the other two if they spent what they had or most of it would leave them only part of the way there. Maybe some of the rest would pitch in..

Making her way into the halls Kazuko had hoped to join the Butai to pave the way to a better living area and hopefully redirect or cover up some of the class antics, stop them short before it went this far. But that was unlikely in her eyes now baring a surprise... Either way it was now time to find something else to do.

Or just make way to her cell to sleep or eat..

"Of all the luck.."

@Ehb @others?

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=, white, solid]
[ October 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Hallway ]

Fatuita kept her back turned to Fuka as the girl tried to explain... rather convince her in regards to the payments owed for the treatments made on the three students.

"I don't mind paying for my treatment, but since you billed us all together... do you think maybe you could spare those poor victims and charge that hateful girl instead? I'm sure if you took all of her things, she could afford it all..."

Fuka tried to convince Fatuita to make Forta owe for the rest of the hospital expenses.
It failed.

"That girl hurt them? Really? The story I was told was that the boy assaulted them with a bottle and she stopped him."

Fatuita turned to finally meet the gaze of the girl whom had nicknamed her 'Oreo'.

"Absolutely not."

What was the point in doing something that would cause someone to hate you?

Fatuita wanted to ask this question.
But getting into a conversation with this person wasn't likley going to produce anything more than a headache.

There was something wrong with this girl. But it wasn't something that could be treated like an injury.
Fatuita wasn't a psychiatrist, unfortunately.

There were still people to treat.
She didn't have time for this girl's squabbles.

"I'm going to go like, do something more productive than talking to you. So later. Don't be a hater, ya know?"

@Luma
[/fieldbox]

Kuuyari_Ico.jpg

"Thanks for your haggling, Kuu,"
Banri said as he left. He had just paid a thousand credits towards their treatments.

"So we're in the same boat then. Forced to help out classmates. Hot detestable indeed, Birdman."

Kuuari said of Banri as he passed by and departed. Passing him a friendly smile, though her irritation at the situation was still prevalent.

Kazuko pooled in as well. 500 Credits. She bids farewell right after.

They were still short. 2500 credits was still a long haul. Rinne also announced that she'd help out with the payment... but even then, she turned to Kuuyari.

"If our pool is not enough, would you help us filling it? I mean, you couldn't pay all on your own, but surely you can help in some portion yes?"

"What...?"

Rinne attempted to convince Kuuyari to cover the difference in expenses....
It Failed...

"What in the blackest Gehenna did you just say to me?"

For a rare moment, Kuuyari was...
Angry.

"How dare you! I've already said that I'd been forced to give charity to this!? Doth thou expect me to cover for your own problems completely!? Am I supposed be some convenient coin purse called at a moments notice! Blue Haired Unintelligent Self Serving Pile of Walking Garbage! Damn you to hell!"

It was the first time anyone had seen Kuuyari make an outburst like that.

Rinne really just had to try to get her to give money even when she'd asked not to.

"That silver tongued leader of your may have the words to fool me but don't think so highly of yourself, Rinne. You stupid excuse for a con artist! I... I'll Make You Suffer for this Arrogance! Be Cursed!"

Rinne Has Been Cursed!
The effects of the curse has yet to be seen...

A negative feeling washed over Rinne. Was it because of Kuuyari's anger.... or was that really the feeling of getting cursed?

"This conversation or incident no longer pertains to me. Either way, I wish to leave. Farewell and best of wishes to the innocent."

Kuuyari left.
In sharp contrast the the lazy pace of walking she usually took, her clothing fluttered behind her as she stomped away. She was even more furious than she'd ever been.

It left the room with an awkward silence. Left to solve the dilemma on their own.

At the moment, 1500 credits had been paid to the 4000.
2500 to go. The option to leave was also there, but, the moment that happened Kuni, Fuka, and Ryuu's rooms would be mercilessly pillaged.

Pay or Pay.
A good business at Hisakawa always made sure that it got paid.
That fact was explanatory with this hospital run by Fatuita.

@LowDefinition
@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Afternoon / Hisakawa Institution, Topside, Gardens]

Hayato frowned when Kira finished talking.

"You…"

His rebuttal was cut off when Fuka came forward and started to speak, even transferring credits. At this, Hayato frowned as well. He opened his mouth but whatever he was about to say died in his mouth when he heard Kazuko's voice. He did not reply to her, but nodded when Kazuko addressed Fuka. When she talked to him, all he gave was a stare with a neutral expression on his face before he nodded at Toru when he tended to Rinne. Then, he turned his head back towards Kira. But it didn't last as Kuni managed to speak, causing Hayato to turn towards Kuni. He had a surprised look on his face which didn't vanish at all once Rinne spoke, Aster burst onto the scene, and Ryuu standing up and talking. He grimaced when Ryuu said "heroine of justice", but still kept quiet before finally looking back at Kira. She had removed her foot from Forta and took back her spear.

Hayato took a step towards Forta, but Ai had already rushed over to her. He watched the two for a moment before he took out his phone and fiddled with it once more.

[November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Kuni's Room ]

Fuka had gone outside for something, with Rinne, Banri, and Kazuko acting soon after. In a soft voice right before Banri left, Hayato spoke almost at the same time Kuuyari did.

"Thank you Banri-san."

Hayato did the same when Kazuko left, another hushed voice that thanked her. Once Kuuyari left in a huff, Hayato spoke and stood up from his position in the corner. He looked at Setsuko-san before bowing deeply.

"Thank you for treating Ryuu-san."

He then turned to Kuni.

"Thank you Kuni-san for convincing Kira to let Forta go. You saved her life. Having said that…"

Hayato sighed, then continued.

"It's unfortunate but I cannot pay for Fuka-chan, Kuni-chan, or Ryuu-san."

It was known that Hayato never lent out money… He raised an index finger.

"However. What I can do is purchase the necessities you require and give them to you three. I would give you my personal belongings, but all I brought with me were my clothes… No wait, there was a strange tattered robe that came in my box… From its condition though, it's likely worthless. If you are wondering why I am going in such a roundabout way, it's just a personal quirk of mine.

Hayato cracked his shoulders and scratched his neck.

"But you have my word that if any of the rest of you donate any funds, I will repay with goods that are worth that value. Now with that said, I need to go and catch her."

Hayato moved faster than he ever did before and made his way out. He caught a glance of Fatuita and Fuka as he jogged in the hallway, but didn't stop until…

[Hallway]

"Kuuyari-san!"

Hayato placed his hands on his knees and tried to catch his breath.

"Hey Kuuyari-san. Since five people have already paid the price with their blood, and you told Forta-san as well, I think it's fair to tell us why Yoshie-san died and what proof there was that the boy was the culprit. And if rumors are to be believed..."

He stared at her with a displeased look on his face.

"You are quite knowledgeable about most of the students here. If that is true, you knew about Forta's disposition better than any of us. That is to say, you knew how Forta would have reacted to the situation. If so..."

Hayato clenched a fist, an audible crack heard.

"Why would you have given that information to her for free?"

[/fieldbox]

@Matizze @Ehb @Karyra @_everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Kuni, pink, solid]
Kuni_Ico.jpg

Kuni was impressed that someone had chosen to set up in a library of all things. More than that, someone had set up rooms and all the nice little accommodations of a real hospital. That didn't mean that she couldn't remember the last time she'd been in one, nor did it mean that she'd forgotten what had landed her there the last time.

At least she was in a better state than the last time. Heck, she wasn't even sure she needed treatment anymore. Which was concerning considering that not all that long ago she had a huge slice in her neck. But everyone was safe, and that was all that mattered. Kuni didn't even need to be treated that badly, or at least so she thought.

Also for some reason everyone was in her room. She really was just fine, they didn't need to worry nearly this much. She'd brought it on herself for what she'd done. Plus, she wanted a moment alone to sleep, darn it. She'd been stabbed and all she wanted to do was lay down and hope she didn't have nightmares because of the hospital.

That was Kuu came in and handed them all the bill. Kuni had 1,000 at best, but still if a few more people chipped in it'd be fine. Kuni would just need to rely on others a bit more. And if she couldn't... she could always sell something of hers. Kuni didn't want to but...

Then Fuka came in a chastised her for not being careful. Kuni could only smile helplessly at she short lecture. If she hadn't done something then everyone would be... Forta would... Kuni wasn't sure if it was right or not, but she just didn't want to see any more blood.

That was when Fuka's messages arrived. Kuni waited until the attention diverted to Kuu's announcement to answer them.

Okay, Cordial-chan! I'll be ready to meet you soon!
Ah! But you shouldn't be typing too much! You hurt your hand really badly, right???
*worried* Take it easy, ok?
<3

[/hr]

Then Fuka tried to make Forta pay for the treatment. "Cordial-chan! She doesn't deserve to have it all fall on her! Don't be mean, because she needs to recuperate too!"

Maybe Kuni should have saved a little more? Ugh this was going to be hard.

Rinne offered to chip in, and then asked Kuu to help.

Banri gave 1,000, and said she'd owe him tips from then on. "Well, that's only fair, right? I'll see you later, Banri-chan!"

Kazuko offered 500. Still, that left them with 1500 and only 2500 to go. Stupid Kuni, she thought, you shouldn't have gotten involved. Now you're making everyone suffer... I'll have to make this up to them all somehow later.

Kuu was offended by the statement from Rinne, and stormed out.

Kuni pulled out her phone again and messaged Kuu.

I forgot to thank you for haggling for us! I'm sorry about that, things have been really hectic, so it slipped my mind to thank you before you left!
While it was still a lot I have no doubt that you managed to bring down the price a lot, too!
So thank you very much for doing so! m(_ _)m
<3

[/hr]

"I can give 1000. It's my treatment, after all."
Kuni sighed as she signed over the money. "I wish I had more money to give than just that, though. It seems almost unfair to make you all help pay for me."

Kuni tried not to say, unless I start selling my belongings.

1500 left.

There was no way to ask anyone else.

There was no choice.

"There's a belonging I can sell for the payment, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. It means a lot to me, but if it means that everyone else's stuff can stay safe then so be it. But only if we don't meet the rest of the money needed."

Hopefully, after this Kuni could rest here for a while. Today had been a whirlwind of activity between getting stabbed and then there was Forta and Yoshie... Kuni just wanted to sleep, right now.

@Ehb @Luma @EveryoneIt'sTimeToThrowAParty
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Laura&Kazuko, red, solid][ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere]
Laura_Ico.jpg

Why? Just Why? It had now already been countless hours since the incident and yet the white-hair was still thinking about it. Worried? Pffsh. As if. But then... No. The blue-eye wasn't too sure herself. They were criminals. Scum. The worst. Not to be trusted. This charade on the roof-top went directly against what they were supposed to do. Yes. This was it. That was exactly why Laura was still so bothered by it.

She couldn't understand it. Not at all. It made zero sense to her why these strangers, these people who were supposed to act solely on selfish reasons, all flocked together like that. They got no use out of it, or did they?

Laura wasn't even trying to solve this mystery but was rather in a constant struggle. Wondering about this and that while desperately trying to avoid her mind's eye from the real issue. This wasn't like her but, then again, if she were to admit what the real issue was, it still didn't make much sense. Math was so much easier. In this case, they ba-

Thud

"Watch where you're going!" Deeply in thoughts the German convict hadn't realized that she pretty much bumped into somebody else. It wasn't all too difficult to keep balance and not fall down, however. Taking a closer look at the face with murderous intent, it revealed to be... "Oh, it's you, Kazuko. I..." Before easing her expression.

Who was at fault here? To be fair, there was a corner, and both could have paid enough attention to dodging the other. But... Laura actually didn't really care about giving an apology or not. She had better things to do than playing to assert who stood higher in the food-chain. All that mattered was being aware of her own abilities and whoever made the mistake to cross her... "I apologize." It wasn't really half-assed but neither really honest. Rather, a kind of robotic response.

4twUFPS.jpg

Wandering the halls Kazuko sighed at the earlier display, had they all just kept a lower profile in there then they wouldn't have been stabbed and she would not be 500 credits shorter. But they couldn't and didn't..

Walking a corner and running right into another person, the eyes of notice caught Kazuko's attention, reacting with a drawn back fist the other stops short upon the rather less than heartfelt apology. And the source was a bit of a surprise if not an unwelcomed one, at least she hadn't invested her attention in the last incident.. Though her robotic response did bother Kazuko slightly.

"False smiles and false apologies aren't needed. More so when we both are at fault in this situation."

Keeping her own footing, the Samurai Girl lowers her fist and takes a more neutral stance in place of the battle ready one from before.

"Your eyes have always told a bit to me, but in this case, well..." Leaving that unsaid Kazuko does keep her eyes pinned to the others as a tense atmosphere fills the hall the pair were in, no one else was even around to interrupt it. A rather unique situation for the pair.

Laura_Ico.jpg

The white-hair walked a good 5 meters further, clearly no intention of reacting, before she actually stopped. "My eyes?" Laura asked with a grin. She was actually surprised Kazuko kept her words rather short.

"What? Did I scare you? Are you going to call the ever so helpful self-proclaimed justice-force, the Butai, again?" Sure, she hadn't heard or seen Kazuko actually doing it but the white-hair dared to recall that the Samurai said something along the lines of 'I am the one who called your office'.

4twUFPS.jpg

"Oh? Would you rather they all killed one another? And afraid of you, hahaha."

Laughing at that and oddly not in her typical kekeke fashion, it almost seemed to be a taunt. Narrowing her own eyes at the girl, it was rather nice the two were alone for this conversation. "You have kept up your act rather well, but I can tell we share something in common. You are no good person. Least not to that group's antics."

Glaring in kind at the other with a slight smirk it didn't seem condescending so much as knowingly.

Laura_Ico.jpg

Laura, finally, turned around. Her face as expressionless as usual. "I do not care if you're genuinely afraid or not. You'll learn your lesson if you try something, Samurai." Laura wasn't all too sure about the Samurai, but what she has been picking up on her lessons with Edeir it seemed pretty accurate.

"Act?" This was such a ridiculous notion that Laura now frowned. "With the exception of the first day I... never pretended? I have no intention to get close with these disgusting criminals. People who murder and vandalize after losing control. Who aren't capable of dealing with their little family drama." Forta, today, was a prime example of that. Losing control and such. "People who steal because they're at the bottom of society, blaming anyone but themselves. People who rape because they're simply wrong in their head. I'm nowhere close to that disgusting vermin. Yet... I'm definitely not deluded enough to pretend there aren't others that have such things... common, you said... with me?" Was this a slight sign, a notion, of some sort of approval? Just what was Kazuko getting at?

4twUFPS.jpg

"Hmm.. is that so? Regardless if I'm afraid or not, Duty is Duty. And I already know you are a violent one."

Listening to the rest of Laura's talk it was fairly interesting, she never assumed the other could speak so much, it was normally her that did all the talking after all.

"Indeed, neither of us seems to be of the same level of them, though I think to them me and you both would be reprehensible, if my instincts are correct.. Had it not been for that first day I think you and I could have gotten along."

Kazuko had no interest in a fight, not here and now at least, widening her eyes and taking a more relaxed pose. "Either way it's not my place to pry. I will say you were fortunate to leave when you did.. Either way do not mistake why I aligned with the Butai then.. You know as well as I do if left alone some of them will destroy us all by way of group punishment."

Shrugging and stepping off to the side Kazuko tilts her head briefly as if in consideration. "You should watch out for yourself, not because of me mind you. I plan to head for the mess hall to have Dinner.."

Leaving an open ended invitation, it didn't seem things had been patched between the two, but more of a mutual alliance was being attempted in a way.

Laura_Ico.jpg

Laura eyed the corner that Kazuko just turned for a good minute or so, before finally turning around and heading into the other direction. The samurai may have declared herself to be different but that didn't mean they'd suddenly get along. She didn't feel hungry right now anyways.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Setsuko, #2F4F4F, solid]
Setsuko_Ico.jpg

Standing there in the cramped room together with her classmates, Setsuko felt her heart beat faster and faster. Was it just her, or were the walls closing in on her? Also, what was that talk about money? Yes, Setsuko was inclined to agree with Kuu there, why should they have to pay? And what was Hayato going on about? Was he trying to arrange some sort of gacha or what?

However, with the recent pitches, they were only missing 1500 credits, and with two more patients left that hadn't payed yet, they would surely reach their goal.
"Kuni has a point", Setsuko thus said. "The people being treated should be the ones to first and foremost pay off their debt, and if both Ryuu-kun and Nanashi-san pays we will have reached our goal!"

Besides, Setsuko had already done her selfless deed of the day by attempting to treat Ryuu-kun, so this was hardly her problem any longer. She was in no way responsible for what had happened. If anything, she had been an innocent bystander, dragged into the whole thing against her will. And she hadn't even gotten an extra phone out of it.

"With that solved, please excuse me!" she told the rest of the people still in the room as she quickly made her way to the exit, trying to calm her breathing. She needed to get out of here, needed to go somewhere more spacious. Making her way towards the most spacious place she knew, Setsuko decided she would go for a jog outside.

@Ehb
@Love
@Karyra
@Everyone_still _left_in_the_hospital_ward
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Fuka, #ff0080, solid]
Fuka_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward ]

Fuka snapped her finger in disappointment as Oreo wandered off. It was worth a shot, at least. Hearing Kuni's voice scold her from behind, she turned to meet her gaze and waved it off with a little smile.

"I was just wondering what kinda person Oreo-san was."

Shrugging, Fuka turned back towards the rest of the library and began to casually walk for the door where Kuuyari had just left. It looked like a simple mistake at first, until she began to step faster. Clearly with a purpose.

A few tears fell to the ground.

Most wouldn't realize it with her back turned to them, but something was definitely bothering Fuka. Truthfully, multiple somethings.

"I'm sorry Kuni... Ryuu... but I want you to know..."

Fuka broke into a run and made a final dash for the door.

"...what it's like to lose everything."

@everyone_kinda?[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Rinne, #9999ff, solid]
xPIpW.jpg

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Kuni's Room ]

Rinne's not so clever persuasion to Kuu led her to being lashed out at and also being cursed by Kuu. Rinne would lash back if not for the bad feeling that she felt when Kuu cursed her. After all, Rinne couldn't realize from how Kuu speaks that Kuu already put her money for everyone's treatment with her simple mindedness.

". . ."

Silence, there was no response from Rinne, she quietly reaches for her phone. Ignoring the noises that were around her. With her phone in hand, she starts up the app to transfer funds and transferred 1000 credits to Fatuita which tagged as "Kuni and Ryuu's treatment". Maybe it was part of her guilt for not realizing what Kuu actually did, maybe it was because she's not the clearest person in Hisakawa, maybe because... Eh, would the writer do every speculations for you readers out there?

Anyway, Rinne turned around to face Kuni and Ryuu. "I've put in all I got for your treatment. See you two later." She turned back and then sees Fuka made a run for it.

"For the love of..."

Rinne sighed and would make chase towards Fuka. But she stopped before she took a step forward. She turned back to the other patients.

"I hope that with my donation it's enough for the treatment."

Rinne walked out of the clinic after Fuka ran. She had no intention to chase after Fuka. After all that have happened, all she needs was a good night sleep. So she immediately went back to her room.

@_Icantbebotheredtotypeineveryoneusernamerightnowsoeveryonecurrentlyintheclinic?

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Kazuko, #b30059, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, Cafeteria/Mess Hall]

It seemed Laura had no intention of accepting her round about peace offering, so be it. If they wanted to be against her for aligning towards the security services, then she would see the error of her decision in short order. Grunting, she really should not have spent those 500 Credits, but what sort of hypocrite would she be if she had not helped? They might not have seen it as such, but even her calling for the Butai, even if far too late was to put a stop to the madness.

"Forta, Forta..next time kill them away from prying eyes.. Next time huh?" Pausing to think on that as she looks over the menu sets, Kazuko was in no hurry to spend the remainder of her credits, getting in line it seemed none of her classmates were here.. Did the sight of blood upset some of their stomachs so badly, or were they still in the hospital?

"Just the standard menu set Number One." Collecting her meal and taking a seat at a far off table, she didn't expect to see any of her fellow classmates here, or anyone much really, while a few people were around it was still past the normal rush if the crowd was anything to judge by.

"Thanks for the Meal." Clasping her hands together, Kazuko found her thoughts wandering off to if she had thrown those credits away and why Forta had been so hell-bent on killing the thief.. At face value revenge seemed reasonable enough, but was that really all there was.. "Ah well.. Had you not been stabbed, I would not have paid anything at all. Ah the rice is getting cold.."

Turning back to her meal, Kazuko half wonders if anyone or anything else would come here or happen..

@anyone?

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Banri, #6A5ACD, solid]
img

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, A Certain Cafe ]

"Wintery Black Forest Cake, here you are."

"Ah, Mai, apologies, but Ryuu isn't here tonight."

"Oh, was that with extra, extra, extra pickles? I'll notify the kitchen staff immediately. I'm truly sorry for this."

"The manager? Understood, I'll send him over immediately."

"Would you like a cupcake with that? It's 70% off as part of this month's special."

"My recommendation would be the Devilishly Delectable Dark Chocolate Cake, miss. It has a nuanced bitter sweetness that perfectly captures the sensation of falling in and out of love."

Smiling until he was absolutely sick of it, Banri, wearing Ryuu's uniform, waited tables at lightning speed, doing his best to remain charming and amiable even if customer service just made him want to toss a spatula at someone. How on earth did that magician boy even manage this? For Banri, it was nothing but agony, the sort of half social work that made him sick in the stomach. But he shouldn't be complaining, no, not after his bank account dropped to zero and the manager of the student run cafe had been gracious enough to let him work again.

Leftovers were nice, yes, but he couldn't bum off food scraps and leftover ingredients forever. So he waited tables, attempted to be the perfect manservant(tm) and ultimately came into his break wanting to paint the world red with the blood of his indecisive, vacuous shithead customers.

Squatting on the side of the street, Banri lit his second cigarette of the day and took a long, long drag. In the distance, a familiar crazy bitch was making a mad dash down the road, eliciting nothing but a sigh and a cloud of gray smoke out of the youth.

"Ah, someone's getting fucked today."

And it definitely wasn't gonna be him. He already got his one birdshit-on-head deal earlier in the afternoon.

@anyone interested in showing up
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Ryuu, #e34234, solid]
Ryuu_Ico.jpg

Slowly opening his eyes, Ryuu woke up in a strange room. The last thing he remembered was being dragged with a stretcher and meeting the enigmatic resident lady doctor called Fatuita.
Currently, there are quite a number of people near him judging from the chatter.
He turned his head slowly to analyze his surroundings; Kuni, Fuka, Banri, Kazuko, Rinne and a few others.
From the sound of it, a few of them left the room after reaching an aggreement.
What was that about 4000 credits? Where is this place? What happened?
As questions started to pop up, Ryuu tried to touch his head, slowly.

"..... Wha... This is...!"
And there were no bandages wrapped on his head.
As Ryuu proceeded to move his fingers to ruffle his hair, the wound was nowhere to be found.
Without waiting another second, he quickly sat up on his bed.
Making a knuckle, stretching his elbows, moving his shoulders, a few head stretches to the left and to the right...
"Amazing... My head feels clear and my body is actually lighter than ever...! But how...?"

"I see... 4000 credits for our treatment... And if we cannot fork up the money, our belongings would be taken instead..."
After rubbing his chin and a brief frowning expression, Ryuu slightly turned his head to address and seek confirmation from the remaining people in the room,
"..... And we currently have... 3500 pooled, from mister Banri, miss Kazuko, miss Kuni, and miss Rinne"

After a slow nod of his head, he flashed yet another smile,
"I will chip in 1000 credits! Not only miss Fatuita healed my head wound, my old injuries seem to be gone too. 1000 credits is a small price to pay for such amazing treatment"

before rubbing his chin again, still smiling,
"So now that we have an excess of 500, I suggest we split it for miss Rinne, miss Kazuko, and mister Banri. It might be small, but I will eventually pay them back. I am extremely grateful for their act of compassion..."[/hr][/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[Fieldbox= Toru, #addba7, solid]

Toru_Ico.jpg

Four thousand credits, the cost of this fiasco for at least three of their fellow students.

Toru could only looked displeased as Rinne pushed for Kuuyari to pay for more. If one had just listened, they woul dhave noticed the work Kuuyari had alrady put in even though this matter had nothing to do with her. Such lack of tact would only lead to greater problems, especially since Rinne had not paid anything before asking Kuuyari.

It did please Toru to see people giving charity to those wounded. At least some were willing to-

Toru eyes widened in shock. "They didn't count your own credits in the cost?" Toru stood there in silence. That seemed like a pretty major oversight. He mentally shrugged it off, if that was true then this problem of money was already sorted.

He made his way out of the room without a word. Sometimes, the best comfort for people was to let them settle by themselves.

Perhaps he would get something at the cafe, with all the credits he had. He needed something to burrow the sorrow from the unneeded destruction of the garden.

The heavy footsteps of some running echoed behind him, he turned his head slightly. Instinct kicking in, Toru stuck a leg out.

The figure ran past him without much of a sweat. Though he did get a glimpse of the tearful face of Fuka. "Huh..." What did she even have to be unhappy about? Truly this place and it's people was mysterious.

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, Cafeteria/Mess Hall]

"Talking outloud to yourself about someone getting stabbed can come off as a little strange." Toru announced his presence, carefully taking a seat on the other side of the bench. Where the hell did he come from?

"Kazuko, just the person I wanted to see!" Toru smiled, despite the possible lack of warmth from his new conversation partner.

"Do not worry, this is not another attempt at a purchase. No, rather, this is what one might call regular conversation. Others all seem busy with the events of today. So..." Toru took a bite of his meal. "Any unwant of this can of course just be said."

@RedArmyShogun

[/Fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Collab post, red, solid]

4twUFPS.jpg

Looking up from her meal with her typical cold and distant stare it seemed one of her fellow classmates had in fact showed up.

Ah the salesman..or should I say collector?

Setting aside her chopsticks she nods slightly as way of greeting, swallowing a bit of rice before speaking. "Toru-san."

Listening to his reasons she very much doubted this was a casual conversation, but if she were prepaired to sit with and hear out a girl who had caused them some issue and outright snubbed her attempts to outreach, then there was no reason to turn Toru around, at worst he had just been an announce to her, and he hadn't tried to outright worsen the situations the class had gotten in...

"No that's fine, I chose the table incase others of the class came by, so please sit. Ah?! I was thinking aloud was I? Just put it down to thinking I was alone kekeke."

With a form of casual exacerbation her voice was capable of, yet her face did not quite match, and while not warm with her always hawkish glare fixed on him or others, she goes back to eating, seemingly to not make issue of his presence.

"Ah yes. That was a nasty business today.. So what is this regular conversation you wish to have?"

Toru_Ico.jpg

He took another bite, seeming to take a second to find his words.

"With that, as you said, 'nasty business' that happened earlier. It made me think on. Well, people's goals." He put his utensils down.

"I mean, it's hard to guess right? But I do tend to worry about it." A sigh escaped his lips. "Can't trust everyone, right?"

He picked up his utensils again. "There's only one main goal to have." He frowned slightly, "To get out."

It was simple, he thought. But with all he had seen so far. The Butai, the clubs and all. Even the existence of Sempai.

"And yet, the people here. It's like they're completely comfortable to spend their lives here."

Sighing a bit and pausing at his comments, they were things she had already considered and pondered herself. "Yes, more worrying is some of them seem to purposely be attempting to drag us down with them, as if out of spite."

Pausing to dwell on that she holds her hands to the side in her typical form of a shrug, before setting down the chop sticks to continue the conversation.

"Or maybe that is why they do it... Baring that there are those who try and ignore the realities of this place. I assume you have something you want to discuss with bringing this up.."

Arching her eyes slightly, she still didn't believe this was a social call.

Toru cocked his head to the side, "Well..." He smiled slightly, in a way that gave off the fact that Kazuko expected him to have some point was disappointing.

He dug into his food, "You wanted to join the Butai right?" He shot an innocent glance. "Are you still committed to going down that path? With what we've seen." He ended his sentence with the tone that spoke the unspoken word of disappointment.

"You seem keen to at least have the idea of looking over the class. One thing for sure, you seem ready to tell people about how you go along your way. The question is, have you rethought the method on how your going to do that?" He leaned in slightly.

"I mean, the whole ideal you seemed keen to promote. I worry for it's future, you know?"

Pausing with a brief grin over her face, Kazuko wasn't sure at first how to answer that, in place going with her own justifications and thought process.

"I may, but as it stands, they are an incompetent Yakuza Guard.. That Kira girl did not seem keen on listening to others and her security squad came not as I called them but as the thief did.. They are no servants of the people, only of the power that is here."

Laughing lightly at his last bit, her gaze narrows as she places both hands on the table, palm first before gripping it as if a bit too excited.

"Kekeke!! I will do as I always have for the People of Japan.. Though I do wonder about my methods, I will not halt my overall goal as some people cannot agree with it. More so if it is sound!"

Shaking her head with a sigh the Samurai Girl sighs, relaxing her grip on the table edge. "Either way, I think a future with the Butai as it stands now shall not come to me. The events of today have seen to that, at least for now."

That was a fact from the latest incident.

Closing his eyes for a moment, Toru nodded to himself.

"Not giving up but hoping to find a more suitable path. Good..." Doing it for the 'people of japan' was a curious cause but who was he to question one's faith?

"Perhaps it is for the best. The Butai have not exactly garnered great respect in our class." Toru suddenly let out a small snort. "Class...what a silly thing they call it. The one thing they pretend to be normal, it's somewhat laughable."

Toru finished his meal. "At least the food here is better then the boat." He smiled to himself again, as if he told himself an inside joke.

"Not for you to think that I'm using this to promote something like some pyramid scheme. But there is always the improvement club." Toru beamed. "We don't just strive for order of the body, afterall."

"Still, this was a pleasure. It's nice to know there is one who is honest but not..." Toru's look became distant for a second. "Rinne."

Hmph so it was business afterall, but at least not a bad one..

Thinking on that she wondered what this Improvement club was, was that what the workout group was calling it's self, or had he made some sort of general club. Though he had a few interesting points, either way it seemed he was about to be on his way, glancing around she did not notice any sign of Rinne however..

"Ah I see.." Not sure if the comment was being addressed about her or Rinne, the girl does her typical hands up form of shrug. "Kekeke, Honest? Didn't you know, all of us are innocent here." Going back to her meal, Toru seemed to be a fast eater at least..

"I'll consider your offer, or at least I shall drop by your club just to see what it is. Minus little odd jobs I haven't really found a club here that has interested me, well minus one. Either way thank you for the visit." Bowing her head slightly it was customary as far as the words and actions went, but her tone seemed to hint that she really was considering his offer, though she didn't name what the other club was.

Waiting for him to walkaway it didn't seem he had much more to say and not being good with casual small talk, neither did she. Picking up her tray she had much to think on, as she heads for the collection bins and then for the halls, likely back for her cell.

[/fieldbox]

Forta_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Forta's Room ]

"You had a spear struck through you Forta. Normally a wound like that would take months to heal properly. But here you are, just fine. Can you imagine how much a miracle treatment like that cost?"

"Probably... more money that I have, right?"

"Yes. Absolutely. The same went for Kuni and Ryuu. That person that healed all of you, Doctor Fatuita, wouldn't undergo such a treatment towards people she knew who couldn't pay. The level of treatment needed to save your life required was something that Doctor Fatuita wouldn't do at first. But, I used a good sum of my skill and resources to see that all of you would get taken care of. I even had to pool into Kuuyari for help."

Forta breathed out in relief.

"So, then Kuni and the others are okay then? Thank goodness..."

"Physically yes. Still, even then they still have to pay up a bit, unfortunately. You don't have to, however."

"You mean I don't owe the doctor anything?"

"Even though your injury was probably the worst out of all of them. It was paid in full thanks to myself, ultimately. I paid for all of it. You see where this is going right?"

"I saved your life, basically. So now, I own you, Forta."

Forta was speechless.

"I don't suppose that you have any objections to that idea. The time that you have now and from this point forward is all due to me pulling strings in order to keep you alive. Remember that."

"You own me then. So what would you have me do then? Did you desire for me to put down people like what happened at the garden." Forta looked at her hand. "It's no secret of what kind of person I am anymore after that. A lot of our classmates saw that, and I'm sure that the way the view me will forever be overshadowed by that. So I suppose, just regressing back to being a killer isn't all too bad. I can't go back to just being another student anymore."

"Nanashi..."

"Cut it out already Ai. Her name is Forta, so get with the program already."

"Y...yes. Kagami"

"Making you into a killer on a leash would be the most straightforward course of action assuming I had you under my control. But, I just have one question for you, and I want to answer it honestly."
"Did you kill that person, because you hated them?"

A pause.
At this point there was no doubt that Kagami had set this time apart just for them to talk.
Nobody wanted to have these sort of one on ones with Kagami, however.

Most of the time, having this talk meant having one's spirit crushed until Kagami had their way.
Forta didn't have a choice unfortunately. So she answered.

"The fortune Kuuyari told me, said that I'd be destined to find the person who stole Yoshie's phone, and that a life would be paid in order to make him stop. I... didn't want to kill him at first. I thought..."

Forta shook her head.

"No, I'm lying to myself. After seeing what he had done to Kuni and Ryuu, I wanted him to stop. No matter what..."

"So you killed him."

"Yes."
"But, I don't regret it."

"A life was paid in order to make him stop from stealing. It didn't have to be anyone in our class."

Kagami breathed out. An ambitious gesture that only seemed to ooze disappointment.

"If you want to believe that superstition that Kuuyari spouts out, I suppose that would be one way of looking at it. Still, here's the way I see it. Would you like to hear?"

Forta felt hesitation.
But she nodded.

"This entire scenario already cost a single life. Yoshie is already dead. There was no need to kill that boy after you had subdued them."

Those words stabbed through Forta like a knife. It hurt even more than the lance that was stabbed through her earlier.
But she couldn't argue against Kagami.
When it came down to it, killing that person was her conscious choice. When she had knocked him to the ground and rendered him immobile, there was no way he could possibly cause any harm.

In yet, she chose to kill him anyway. Using the words Kuuyari had told her as justification.

"You said that you were fine with being considered a murderer. So what's with that look on your face that says your sick to the point of wanting to vomit? Are you rejecting that notion, even though all other evidence says otherwise?"

Forta couldn't...

"Are you feeling guilty Forta?"

Please...

"That you murdered somone?"

Just don't...

"Thinking you were doing it for Yoshie?"

No more...

"Have you realized how rotten of a person you actually...?"

"SHUT UP!"
"I couldn't stand it! As much as everyone tried! As much as we tried to help! We couldn't save Yoshie! I truly... truly wanted all of us to graduate together! I asked Kuuyari if I'd ever come in contact with the person who stole it! I used that information to find them! And when I did I..-!"

"I got so frustrated that I reverted back... to the person I thought I'd put away. Instead of talking it out to them... confronting them about it, I-... reverted. Fairness, ordered justice, a trial, or anything proper like that. It didn't matter anymore since Yoshie was already gone. And he was all that was left."

"So you were left with nothing but feelings of frustration, and ultimately decided he should suffer the same fate, then?"

Forta's outburst from that moment could be heard even into the hallway.
Still as instructed, Ai stood against the door into the room. She could only keep a guilty vigil between the other two.

@_Everyone (With great uncertainty due to everyone already doing other stuff so it's alright)

[/fieldbox]

Kuuyari_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Hallway ]

"Such interesting things that you say there. I gave that information to Forta for free? Knowing how she'd react? Premeditating everything that just occurred?"

"Such a wild imagination you have. But, as assuredly as your cracking your fingers there, your imagination is unfounded. Forta requested information from me like a regular customer. I gave her information under the terms of a regular customer. What she did with that is... well, in the end I ended up losing more than the payment Forta is given me. It's really quite vexing, actually."

"And now you're coming here to say that I orchestrated the entire thing? Have you put her upon such a high pedestal that you can't accept that she has those kind of murderous tendencies?"

Kuuyari turned to Hayato. Wearing a simple grin. Her more composed attitude was silently deriding Hayato for his approach and the entire nature of this conversation - a stark contrast to just minutes ago when she had stormed out of the room after yelling at Rinne.

"Am I here to protect the image of Forta that you wanted to make for yourself? Is it really that hard for you to accept that she just murdered someone, Hayato? Almost all the gains I worked towards when we arrived a month ago were coerced out of my by that Reprehensible Kagami covering for Forta's actions. The thought that I would give information like that to Forta for free is incorrect. The assertion that I stood to gain anything out of this fiasco is further to insulting."

"Tell me Hayato. What did I gain from this?"

"You seem convinced that I set this up, so surely I would've done so in order to gain something? But what did I gain then? I am quite vexed by my losses so please illuminate my despair if you're so certain of my supposed machinations you peasant!"

@Illin
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Hayato, grey, solid]
Hayato_Ico.jpg

[ November 1st, Evening / Hisakawa institution, The Library, Fatuita's Hospital Ward, Hallway ]

Hayato frowned and raised an eyebrow.

"But didn't you just say that the detestable per-"
"SHUT UP! I couldn't stand it! As much as everyone tried! As much as we tried to help! We couldn't save Yoshie! I truly... truly wanted all of us to graduate together! I asked Kuuyari if I'd ever come in contact with the person who stole it! I used that information to find them! And when I did I..-!"

Hayato jumped as he heard Forta shout and looked down the hallway, but he turned his attention back to Kuuyari, ran a hand through his hair, and closed his eyes. For several seconds he was quiet, but eventually he mumbled.

"I guess I erred."

He opened his eyes and looked at Kuuyari, a puzzled expression on his face.

"I don't know. I don't know how you would have benefited from this, if at all."

His voice was flat, expressing neither concern nor anger.

"I think I may not have explained myself well enough."

He sighed, then continued.

"I know she killed someone. I would be lying if I denied that fact. I wasn't even confident if this was a one time thing, but from what you imply this is her inclined proclivity. Though, I'm not sure what you mean by the image of Forta I wanted to make; I had no desire to do such a thing, as I believe that a person's image is crafted by themselves and viewed by others. And you are definitely not here to protect that nonexistent image. But enough of that…"

He pointed his index finger at Kuuyari.

"Aren't you supposed to be different? Shouldn't you have seen the result of Forta's actions and its negative impact on you? Why would you have gone through all of this for a supposed loss? Or is it that your future sight was limited? Or that you didn't foresee this happen from the data on Forta you supposedly have?"

Hayato then shook his head as he retracted his finger.

"Nevermind. You don't need to answer those questions. Just please tell me why Yoshie-san committed suicide, and what proof there was that the boy was the culprit. I think we've paid enough in blood and misery, so if you could please tell me-"

Hayato paused, then frowned.

"And yes, I would like to know his 【Full Name】 as well. I want to etch his name into my heart so I don't forget the events of today."[/fieldbox]

@Ehb

Status
Not open for further replies.