His name is...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man stands, hardly moving he clears his throat "Mikail, I...." He sighs "Could you let go of me" Mikail looks down and steps back. His eyes stick to the ground. "you are not happy to see me, brother?" he asks. The man frowns. "We discussed this last time we ran into eachother. Do you not remember?" Mikail takes another step back. He is visibily upset. His brother continues "I told you that you are no longer allowed to call me brother." Mikail begins to shake a bit. "I was hoping.... that you would calm down and take it back...." he turns and shuffels away and mutters "Sorry, Cyril..." he walks towards the forest. Cyril watches him go and sighs "Stupid child."

Noah and Andarius looked at the blonde man, it was actually quite calming to see others whom was not brown haired or black but Andarius thought that they both would still stick out the crowd with their white clothes amd hair. Also Noah whom is very shy got a grip on her brothers leg and hid, just like when she met Mikail and Darius for the first time. Andarius smiled and ensured her that she was safe, though - she still hide herself.
-''And mind if I ask, who you are?'' Andarius then said to break the silence and the whispering from the winter air. Too bad that Joseph wasn't here yet, maybe he could've seen his name?

------------------------------

Joseph looked up into the skies and saw a creature flying with others, he looked closely before mumble to himself.
-''Vesa... is that really your name?'' He thought out loud and Ander looked at him, then at the sky.
-''What is it, Joseph?'' He asked as Joseph turned quickly to him and smiled.
-''Nothing.'' Was all he said as Ander looked at him with curiosity before saying what he was supposed to say in the beginning.
-''That is all.'' Ander ended and Joseph nodded, looking at him.
-''Good, then... that is all?'' Joseph asked.
-''Yes and I'll go and tell the others as well about this situation. Hopefully we can catch him in time before he does anything more.'' Ander started to bow down to make himself ready to jump and Joseph turned around to go into the darkness of the forest but he stopped when Ander said.
-''Can you really trust them?'' He said as Joseph turned around, giving him a cold stare.
-''I mean, with the mission.'' He hesitated a moment but then saw Joseph give out his gentle smile he use to give to welcome customers.
-''Oh, don't worry. I know what I'm doing and of course I will take them along, they're my friends.'' He said with confident in his voice but his cold stare and gentle smile told different and so did Ander.
-''Can you really call them your friends? I mean, they're just living creatures, you should not hang out with those people, even worse - to have build that pub.'' Ander said, looking at him with serious eyes and a closed mouth.
-''Do you question my ability to catch him?'' Joseph asked. Ander got quiet for a moment.
-''No.'' Was his final words before they would part their way. Joseph started to go back to the city where they said in the pub that there they would meet.

Darius was caught off guard by the blond man's reaction, the one Mikail called Cyril. Maybe he was getting used to relationships like Noah and Andarius', or his own with his brother - traveling somewhere, trying to help him, without knowing he was awake once more -, and got more surprised with the little scene he witnessed. No one besides the group seemed to notice what just happened; familiar drama was not rare, and the festival had too many attractives.

The ex-angel knew he was not allowed to meddle with others affairs. He should respect Mikail and let him deal with his problems, but... He tried to do what he thought was right. "I believe you should know that powerful men from a Church are trying to get rid of your people." He said to Cyril, with calm expression in his bright eyes. "Mikail faced them near the pub just outside the town, and they were defeated, but not killed. The church still doesn't know where the others live, for he kept the secret."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a moment, the large form that was Vesa felt someone looking at her, the attention like a delicate touch. From far, he looked at the forest, without turning much of her head. How many secrets can be reunited in such a small place? I can barely count them. Yet, I'm free of this weight; the weight of secrets. She thought to herself, satisfied. I have many forms, many names, but they are all true and transparent like pure crystal.

Cyril turns to Darius. "my people?" He frowns and crosses his arms. "Mikail is no longer 'my people'. He became one of those.... things. Don't try to say that I am one of what he is" Cyril says defensively. "I suppose you thought he was always like that."

Andarius and Noah looked at the brothers, not really sure what to respond themselves until Noah stepped forward with her white dress and looked up at the man calling himself Cyril.
-"Then what was he before? Should that make any difference? You two are still brothers even if one is changed." She said with a straight back as Andarius took Noah's arm and pushed her closer to him.
-"Ah, excuse my little sister. She sometimes say odd things." Andarius said as he drew Noah closer to him, even if it did seem that Andarius was somewhat mean to his sister, not letting her do anything, it's only for protection. For he know that many people cannot be trusted sometimes and he will not let Noah get hurt.
The air seemed colder tonight than before, something feels odd but it's not a bad feeling, nor is it good. But whatever it is, Andarius was sure that something was happening, or soon would. He just didn't know what. "Joseph..." He thought. "What are you doing right now?"

"He was human. Now he is a monster and a murderer. Thats why he looks the way he does now" He says with clenched fists. Mikail comes back up the hill. Cyril looks at him. "Why don't you show them what my real brother looks like instead of using that man's skin?" Mikail stares at him. "Because that process might make this child uncomfortable." he says, gesturing to Noah. "And since I am no longer your brother, i dont have to do anything you tell me to."

Darius flapped slightly his wings, a bit surprised about Mikail's old nature. He thought he was born like that, a natural shape-shifter as some of the creatures born at the far south, wandering through ancient forests and ruins, and that his people had all the same ability. "I know nothing about Mikail's past. I know only about the present, a very short one, for I met him yesterday. But I can recognize a man of right character, especially if I fight beside him, as we did last night." he said, looking again at Cyril. "I don't know why he killed, but I still don't think he did that for a selfish or cruel reason, or with no reason at all. He seems too lucid to do this."

"If you can't see your brother under any skin he's using, maybe he's not the only one changed. I tend to trust more in people who recognize the loved ones by how they are inside. Maybe you can't do that." he continued, words getting harder, but not yet provoking. Maybe he felt a natural inclination towards Mikail, someone he could almost call a friend, and because his changing nature felt somewhat familiar to an old angel, used to living many mortal lives.

"Mikail Aintin." Says Cyril, putting his hand on Mikail's shoulder "That is your name. Remember? You were my family. You can still come back to us, Mail. You only need to be cleansed of this curse" Mikail pushes Cyril's hand off of his shoulder. "This 'curse' has brought me more happiness that Father ever had given me. I'm surprised that you didn't come with me." Cyril looks as if he is losing his composure. He is starting to get upset.

Once again, the siblings stood quiet, watching, observing and even though Noah wanted to say something, Andarius stopped her. For nothing would change anyway. The wind got colder and the stars up in the sky shone brighter and the festival continued in the bright and big city in the distance. Andarius then senced something, it wasn't any smell, nor sound, but like someone was watching them and he was right. For in the darkness a man came out and started to smile as his deeply green-gray eyes shone with mystery and his dark spiky hair flew with the wind. It was Joseph.
-"Oh, my... What is happening here I wonder?" Joseph said with his calm voice, a mysterious man he was, but he surely could be calm in any situation and now stood there with his gentle "welcome" smile on his lips.

Darius noticed how the family story of Mikail seemed more complicated, and could not imagine his reasons to become a skin-walker, or even if it was a wish or a necessity. It was troublesome that his brother was becoming more irritated: though both he and Andarius could easily stop a human to create havoc, he was sure the problems would affect more certainly the hearts of the involved, much more than any wound. While he was pondering these things, Joseph appeared among the trees, breaking some of the strange vibe around the group.

"I'm glad you're here. I hope you've seen at least a bit of the stories told during the festival. You look well, by the way." He commented to Joseph, replying to his smile with a kind one. He waited to see if Mikail and Cyril would keep their talking, or would change behavior with the last visitor - though it seemed unlikely.

Joseph's presence doesn't phase either of them. They appear to be inching closer and closer to a fight. "What sort of happiness could those things possibly provide?" Cyril says loudly. Mikail grabs him by the front of his shirt and snarls "Those 'things' are my family. More of a family than you and Dad ever were!" Cyril reaches back and puches Mikail's jaw "You take that back!"

Joseph, whom suddenly got into the crowd out of nowhere took a hold of Mikail and prevented him to do anything and as well held his hand high towards Cyril so he wouldn't get near them. His smile is still there as his eyes looks deeply into Cyril for a moment, his eyes getting colder and tighter on him.
-"I see... that you've gone through much. Thinking of how far you went only to get to this city. But did you only get here to have a good fight?" He asked as he glanced at the others whom was quiet for the moment and then looked back at Cyril, still holding Mikail back from preventing more trouble.
-"Tell me, Cyril. Tell me about your story." He asked as his eyes started to look calmer than before, looking straight at him.
-"Why did you get here? Was it for your own selfish reasons or..." Joseph looked at Mikail for a moment before looking back at Cyril.
-"Or did you want to get some "family" business done?"

Cyril looks at his brother and then back at the crowd in the city. "I came here to find someone. It was an unfortunate coincidence that I found Mikail." He turns back to them. "Since I found him, though... Father has an ultimatum for you. Either you renounce your evil form and get cleansed at the church... or you will be the next thing we hunt" There is a sadness in his eyes as he says this. There is something about his voice, though, that makes others want to side with him. Mikail steps forward and shoves his brother "don't even try that on me. It didn't work before and it sure as hell doesn't still." Cyril frowns and turns back to Joseph. "My friend has gone missing. Father says that some skinwalkers from this city were around town when she went missing"

"We are under the sight of a great angel. If someone needs purification or punishment, she will act at the right moment." Darius pointed to the sky, where Vesa was still flying. He had a natural distrust towards some religious figures who frequently tried to impose mortal judgements calling them holy and sacred; said distrust also had some roots in the facts that now he was just another mortal, and that he still carried inside him too much Pride to act as a real angel. He passed the responsibility to Vesa, still fit for it. "If your sole reason to hunt Mikail is his choice to become a skinwalker, I'm still standing against your will. But I offer to help finding someone if this is needed. I believe others here could help, too, unless it's too dangerous for Noah." he gestured towards the girl; he had the need to protect her, especially after she made so much to help him. He knew Joseph could also help, considering his ability to see the name of people, but waited for his friend to act first, for he didn't know what were his intentions.

Joseph moved aside to let the brothers have their space but if they tried something, he could still stop them if necessary. Though he knew nothing would happen because if they did do anything stupid, the city's people and all the others watching them could make it hard for both of them and since Cyril, the brother, didn't really seem in the mood to fight or so it looked, he probably wouldn't do anything anyway.
-"Who is this person you're looking for? I might have seen the person in my pub and I can tell you that my memory of people isn't something you can look down on. For my momery is very good." He said in his calm voice, still looking at Cyril. Andarius hold Noah's hand as they looked at the two brothers, why so much hatred towards each other? Nor Andarius or Noah could understand this hatred of theirs and yet, it still exist.

Cyril reaches into his pocket and pulls out a photo of Cyril, a boy who looks almost exactly like him, and a small girl with red hair and green eyes. "That is her." He says "this picture is pretty old, but she still looks like this."

Joseph looked at the photo, examined it thoroughly for a moment and then put his hand on his chin and looked like he was wondering something.
-"Did her name start with an E, Eleanor perhaps?" He asked and took another glance at the old photo.
-"I've met some red haired women in my pub, both long haired and short haired, though..." He got quiet for a moment.
-"When you met her before, did she have some sort of necklace around her neck?" Joseph asked the man.

Mikail takes the photo to look at it. "Her name is Aria." Mikail looks up "She used Elanor as an alias when she needed it. I remember her." Cyril looks at joseph and ignores Mikail. "you have seen her?"

The photo that Mikail hold in his hands, holding many memories of the past and also a warm feeling inside it, was yet only a dead photo. Joseph looked at Cyril as he thought, dug deeply into his mind and memories as he then made his smile once again.
-"Oh yes, and not long ago either. She's probably still in the city if she wouldn't be in a hurry of some sort." He said and it almost sounded like he was teasing them, with his words. Though it probably wouldn't make sense of him to do that.
-"She did say that she wanted to go and see the festival, so if she's not in the city, I do not know where else she might be." Was his answer as the atmosphere got quiet for a moment.
-"Aria sure does have the same eyes as you." Joseph then said to let the tight mood go away as he just stood there, smiling. Andarius watched, not knowing what Joseph was doing, nor thinking as to why he would suddenly bring something like that up. But if it made some change, it's probably the best to let it slip past. Not saying anything and be quiet.

Cyril takes the photo back from Mikail. "She does. She definitely does" He puts it back into his pocket. "I am going back to find her." Mikail steps forward "Let me help." Cyril stops "she wont recognize you, Mikail. You can help, but you would have to shed your skin." Mikail stops and looks down. "Fine. you win. Ill do it. To find her, not to please you." he turns around to the others. "I must request that you avert your eyes. this wont be pretty." After his warning and anyone who doesnt want to see looks away, he reaches his arms back behind his head and digs his claws under the skin on the back of his neck and starts to peel the skin off. his hair comes with when he finsihes with his head and the rest of the skin just falls off on its own. When it hits the ground, the skin melts and seeps into the earth.

When he turns around, everyone can see his true face. He has pearly white skin and the same blonde hair as his brother. His eyes are a stormy blue color. He smiles with his teeth, which are partly chipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.