2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Mecha, Superhero, Anime, Adventure, Magical
OOC: OPEN SIGNUPS - High School DXD - Pride Before the Fall - OOC
----
What could one say about Kuoh that hadn't been said already? It was a beautiful town with a lot of people and a lot of scenery. From the abandoned church up on the hills to it's prosperous cities and harbor. The schools were excellent and the city was far from boring with many events happening within it's borders. Though the children may view it otherwise the adults saw the city as a town where people could raise a family comfortably. It was not the schools, or the scenery, or even the natural beauty of the urban hometown that gave Kuoh it's reputation however. it was known for it's mysterious and odd supernatural occurrences and events. Many passed it off as legend and myth or just simply stories passed around by bored school children looking to find some fun for themselves. However as many in the town could attest the city wasn't all too safe as it would first appear.

Devils, and fallen angels were a commonality in the community though the average person wouldn't known otherwise. Devils had a good amount of people to work off of for contracts while fallen angels could find their prey. The Church of Christianity while occasionally a major player often came and went as it pleased from the city not intending to stay for fear of starting a war with one of the major Devil Families whom ruled the town's mysterious underbelly. Many deaths were chalked up to gang related violence or simply labeled as unknown causes of death. It was easy for a devil to make a living in this town...assuming they didn't step on the toes of a major house like Gremory.

It was in this town that the House of Devils known as House Nightblood had started their path towards regaining their fame. Though they had chosen to remain by themselves until they had firmly regained their power. Their head of the household was a young man known simply as Aster Black from America. Though he had been slow to adjust to Japan he had started to understand the proper way of things around here. Beside him was his housemates two of which stood next to him in their fairly opulent house. The group had purchased a large house with a lot of space in order practice and hold all the things they needed as well as expand if need be. Though few in number, House Nightblood was able to hold themselves up financially thanks to favors being called in, use of magical spells, and devil contracts. As well as the vassalization of a few lower devil houses whom had been brought into the fold. What they lacked in numbers they made up for in the pure power of their few members. They had a pawn, a rook, a bishop, and a queen. The king was a given. All that was missing was a knight worthy of Aster himself.

Aster sat on the couch as the TV scrolled by reading news headlines, it was 3:00 in the afternoon and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, as he looked across the room he saw that his friend and Rook Dagmar Holmstrom was still by his side. Dagmar wasn't ever really one to do much regardless so he suspected as much. Dagmar looked as he usually did, his messy chestnut brown hair and his side burns were only cleanly washed because Aster had insisted on it. Dag had never really enjoyed grooming himself and it had proven a rather annoying problem teaching him to do such. But Aster trusted Dag more than he did most people. Dag didn't have much in the sense of well....sense but he did have one thing: A firm and honest bluntness. Dag was the sort of person who wouldn't mince even the harsher of words never failed to come out of Dag's mouth. He was a realist in it's firmest degree and also a nihilist. It helped level things out. He wore his red scarf he had since he was found back a couple years ago. It was something he never really enjoyed not wearing even in heated weather. he had baggy jeans on and his white shirt made him look like something you'd find in a common street gang.

Dagmar looked over at his boss with those murky dark blues eyes of his. He had been sitting in the corner of the room merely going through his own thoughts. He pale while skin had only started to slightly tan after moving making him quite ghostly in appearance. However those eyes of his...They were as they always were...blank. Aster never would bring them up they simply were that way and he knew better than to bring the fact that he always looked like a zombie up. It was...a natural thing for someone with Dagmar's personality. "Is there something wrong sir?" he asked his accent still coming through even after all these years of traveling. Aster sighed as he considered what to say on the matter. "That's a hard question to ask...you've been completing your contracts as usual Dag but I wonder how far we can go before we finally get noticed by one of the big people." Aster stated to Dagmar as he turned to look back at the TV.

Apparently the cops arrested someone on a drug raid today. Annoying business the drug trade was...it never really went away. "Let them come my lord. I will break them. Ivan and I have proven that they are not a threat to us no? Do you really think so highly of some lordling with our power?" Dagmar asked his leader and Aster shook his head exasperated as usual. Dagmar was always direct and too the point...he lacked...finesse. Then again he was a rook... "It's not that simple otherwise the angels or the church would've killed them a long time ago Dag. Though I won't deny you that I am and should be grateful to have such a strong group of supporters...and what CAN I offer in return really? Nothing really worth mentioning. Just the promise of a better life once it happens. It may not even happen though I don't intend on letting it go without a fight. You know this." Aster said to his companion as Dagmar nodded without a word.

"Don't worry so much my lord. With you at our helm we will overcome any challenge. I know your strength. And I have faith in this house's. No one shall stop us." the Rook replied simply as Aster smiled. Dagmar did have his moments. "Where is Mr. Ivan?" Dagmar asked Aster simply as Aster replied that Ivan had gone off to find out more info on the fallen angels heard to have infiltrated the area around here. Why he couldn't possibly fathom but maybe the word of a exorcist being active in the area as of recent like with his new bishop's little incident. The major houses didn't know just yet.... probably...but they would soon. Best to get ready for the fall out that would indeed ensue soon. And Ivan, his best and most loyal servant, never failed too surprise Aster with what he could find if he put his mind to it. "He's out looking for information regarding the fallen angels. There's no need for me to leave the house until then. If you need to though feel free to do so." Aster replied to Dagmar who nodded. "Don't worry I'm sure we'll get to the point soon enough my old friend." Aster assured his servant.

The season had been a calm one so far. Calm enough so that the Pawn had forgotten that he was a Devil on occasion.

But, nevertheless, one is always set to be brought back to reality as the five-foot-ten man in a black turtleneck was approached by another Pawn, one dressed as a butler from one of the other lesser Peerages in the town. It was to be expected somewhat, Pawns would tend to know one another at least decently well when they often did business for their respective Kings that involved the passing along of letters and official correspondence. Giving a simple nod as a letter was passed from one Pawn to the other, Silas slid the correspondence into his inner lab-coat pocket and continued to walk on his way after a long day in the labs at the university. Silas' labcoat was white, though it was worn after various atmospheric exercises that came with pursuing study in the solar system and contents beyond.

The university wasn't too terrible of a walk from Aster's home, although Silas did drive his car from his apartment, forsaking teleportation magic when it wasn't necessary. Besides, he would have to use it enough when he was working contracts. Again, being the Pawn meant he did a fair amount of the grunt work, occasionally including cooking and cleaning. You wouldn't hear him protest, however- it gave him something to do outside of pursuing his academics. That, and it gave him someone to commune with outside of the dragon irremovable attached to his hand.

Tharanduil, the Grey Dragon, was an ancient being who allowed himself to be sealed within a Sacred Gear. He is rarely openly heard, often choosing only to voice opinions and observations to Silas. To this point, nobody really seemed to mind. After all, he only seemed to chide in with advice when it was needed or to deliver a warning about how they may be making a grave mistake, something along the lines of an ethereal grandfather.

Either way, the Devil emptied the mailbox upon arriving to his master's home, sliding the miscellaneous correspondence atop of the the stack before shuffling in the letter he received from the other Pawn. His free hand was in his other coat pocket, scratching at the inner lining in an attempt to fidgit productively without causing any unnecessary distractions. His shoes rapped slightly against the floor, causing a slight echo as he used his hearing to sound out where Aster and Dagmar were lounging about watching the television. For now, the Pawn just entered in near silence, handing his King the mail before moving back near the wall so that he could have a comfortable view of the whole room.

"Mail for you, my lord. Good afternoon, Dagmar."

Sayano Takenaka

Sayano had paused in her walk to enter a local convenience store. At first it was just to buy gum but it had ended up leaving the blue haired female staring at the magnitude of brands and flavours, then looking to the chocolate and to the other snacks as her lack of decisiveness appeared. Sky blue eyes were narrowed in worry as her brows were knitted together, lips pursed with a strained hum. A grumbled sound parted from her lips as she straightened up, looking honestly distraught, before she glanced over to the shop keeper. He was a elderly man who knew Sayano well, especially since this situation was often repeated weekly, sometimes even daily.

"Are you okay, Sayano?" He ended up calling up, grasping her attention as she flickered her gaze back over to him. "Mhm....I cant pick again!" The elderly man just chuckled, shaking his head softly as Sayano returned to the items. "I mean yesterday I had the strawberry gum and the nut chocolate but now...I guess Cola gum today...probably...I me-" "I think Cola is a good choice, Sayano." He called over, leaning upon the counter as she reached out to grab the spoken about gum. After a moment or two, she also reached out to grab some chocolate and chips. Bringing them to the counter she smiled brightly over to the store owner. "Ah, I haven't asked how you are...How is your wife?" She asked, reaching into the bag at her side to pull out her purse and pay. "She is fine. Still a little sick but she is getting much better." He explained as he took the money and bagged the items. "That is good! I haven't seen her in a month when I come to here. Wish her the best for me, please?~"

Receiving a small nod from the man and a small smile she gave a small wave before exiting the store. A small yawn tugged itself from her lips as she turned upon the heels of her boots and heading off in the direction of Aster and the others home. Sayano ran a hand through her blue locks, brushing them behind her back before shrugging her shoulders. Dressed in a pair of leggings, black boots that reached her knee with a medium heel and an oversized white jumper dress, Sayano was dressed quite simply from her usual style. A smile was, as usual, settled upon her lips as she reached into her bag to pull out the chocolate to break off a small piece to eat. After a few minutes she reached the house and knocked as she usually did before entering.

Walking inside Sayano cocked her head and looked around the room. Aster was on the couch and Dagmar was sitting to the side while Silas was leaning against the wall. Her gaze flickered to all of them before she smiled happily. Sayano was still adjusting to everything about this new life and so her tone died down a small bit but still remained as light as ever. "Good afternoon Aster! Dagmar! Silas!~" She greeted as she moved to sit in a nearby free chair. "Where is Ivan?" She questioned softly, knitting her brows together in thought.​

"Looks like both the day workers are home sir." Dagmar said with boredom not really fancying Sayano for her upbeat attitude. As for Silas, Dag never really grew to trust the pawn more than he did Ivan, or Aster. Maybe because he was recruited a bit later when Aster returned home. Regardless Dagmar gave them a faint acknowledgement with a nod of his head as he turned around and went to the garage to work on something. "Silas...and Sayano what interesting timing I suppose. Welcome. Nothing worth reporting today. There should be a note that the yakuza are still trying to be a pain around here. You'd think they wouldn't bother in this town. It's a big city granted but Tokyo is here the big players are at." Aster commented casually as he leaned back against the couch and put his feet up on the table.

"Though I am happy to see you both home safely don't you to have contracts you need to fulfill? Or is that later? Won't grow stronger by sitting on your bums but it is your choice who you work with. As for Ivan, he went out this morning to go and find some info out on the exorcist running around the city. He's being a pain. I'm sure he's probably not alone but Ivan being him will be able to handle himself more than easily enough. If you were looking for training Sayano I'm sure I can help you if you need it." Aster commented to both his pieces as he looked back at the tv.

He noted that he was starting to sound like an old man now. I mean what kind of person his age spoke like he just did? I guess a lot changes when you're forced to grow up when you're barely old enough to grow a beard. "Dag's taking a break from contracts himself. Says he's tired and wants to focus on getting into shape. He's probably expecting a fight with that holy man. You know for an all loving god his followers don't exactly leave us alone peacefully do they?" Aster said as he looked away from the TV and back at Sayano with a smile. "By the way you look nice today. Good job at work I'm sure they're happy to have you. Just as I'm sure they're happy to have a capable man like Silas at his job. Speaking of which thanks for getting the mail." Aster said with a smile hoping to encourage the two a little bit. Nothing like keeping morale up right?

Akira

This was a normal afternoon for Akira, he'd go for a run. Throw some television lunch in his microwave. He'd cook for him self but-well that a bit of a problem. Akira looked at his arm in it's sling remembering what had happened. It was a normal night like any other, Akira just ran by the market to get some cooking supplies. The street was empty, just up ahead there as an alley where a homeless bum would sit, Akira would usually give him a snack of some sort from the market. Turning into the alley he held out the snack, only to be punched in the face. Toppling over Akira rubbed his face, his nose was bleeding. "What the hell?" Akira yelled only to see 5 thuggish looking guys around his age. Akira got into a fight fight which quickly turned brass knuckles to bare fists, getting hit just right in the back it hit his spinal cord in a way that it damage the nerves to his right arm making Akira scream in pain and his arm go limp. Holding his shoulder he was kicked onto the ground, they just kept kicking not stopping to he was unconscious. Once done they looted his pockets.

Akira had tried everything even some of the experimental surgery tests. When he lost it, he heard from someone in one of his other classes that there were people with the church that could cure anything. Losing hope he finally decided to turn to god. Akira called up the priest (Exorcist) unsure ho to bring it up he told the man. He said he knew powerful people that could help him, but he had to do something for him, Akira agreed without asking of hat it would be that'd he be doing. He was supposed to meet him tonight. The ring of the microwave brought Akira from his thoughts. Not putting another thought about it he sat down in silence eating his food.

Once he had finished he quickly cleaned up and went outside. He was already to go, he had a bag of some things he thought would be essential. He was going to leave early since the man he was going to meet said to meet him at the christian cathedral, and since Akira lived across town he was going to have to leave early. Locking his door he walked out the gate of the apartments. He started to tread down the street, his bag in hand, not care to look at his surroundings he only walked forward.

Sayano Takenaka

Sayano ended up frowning slightly at the mention of contracts. Most things on her mind recently had been training, work, her father and learning new things about this new life. "Ah...I do need to fulfil some contracts..." She grumbled under her breathing, pressing a finger to her chin for a moment as she thought. Sayano was considering quitting her part time job and only completing the work from her father. At least then she'd still earn money and she wouldn't have to deal with her father complaining...But then her apartment provided an issue....

Snapping out of her thought with a small jerk, blue eyes turned on Aster as she paused for a moment. "Eh...You don't mind, Aster?" Sayano was certainly stubborn about getting used to her new abilities and getting stronger. She was the newest here and it seemed to make her strive harder in getting stronger. A small hum parted her lips as she cocked her head. She was normally training with Ivan...Smiling softly she adjusted her posture and sat up properly. "If you don't mind, could you help me train?"

Her own eyes slipped to the Tv as she watched for a moment, her attention slipping back to the other two in the room with her usual smile in place. "Awh!~ Thank you~" Sayano replied before reaching into her bag to pull out the bar of chocolate to break off a small bar. A moment passed before she held it out to the others. "Chocolate?"

"I'm not a bishop but I was raised by a family that knew magic very well. They summoned creatures like us and our familiars from time to time. Showing you some basic fire, and maybe a bit of healing magic won't be too hard for me. I'm not a good teacher though so please understand if I don't exactly fit the bill. Moreover it's my job to make sure you're taught well. If you're not then you'll be useless to the others, and I. I don't need to lose a piece because I neglected teaching you how to make sure they weren't- never mind going off on a tangent. I know you're new and all so you'll have to forgive me when I do things like that." Aster commented with a groan. He needed to be less expositional when explaining things to people. Still it wasn't too bad this time around he supposed. Aster wondered where Ivan WAS exactly though. Ivan was an important piece and his queen piece as well. Undoubtedly he'd be able to hold the line against any enemies. But he couldn't afford to lose him either. When Sayano offered him chocolate he smiled and accepted it with a nod. "Thanks I'll take a piece. Still a lot different than American chocolate. So have you gotten use to the fact that you can understand anyone you talk to yet?"

==================

As Ivan was walking down the street he couldn't help but wonder how exactly these damn angels, and fallen ones were so good at hiding in a city populated by devils. He had gotten very little information out of the people he had managed to actually talk to. Some say that the church up the hill would know more, all the more help that would do to a guy who was prohibited from entering it, and a few elder ladies had told him, after a bit of sweet talkin', that he was better off looking for a traveling exorcist said to be capable of warding off all sorts of monsters and provide good luck charms. Ivan knew the world of exorcists all too well to that he knew this priest who was orchestrating things was going to be an issue. They normally were supposed to keep secrets, and keep to the shadows not mind themselves openly as such. He was either a fraud, a fool, a newbie, or worse...he was a fallen exorcist. Those were major pains all the power of god with the tainted wisdom of one of god's fallen servants. Lucifer be damned if he'd let that punk hurt his crew. He had people he needed to protect.

Ivan was wearing his usual black coat, his blue jeans, and white shirt. His sword hilt was carefully stuffed into his jacket's inner pocket that he used to conceal things of importance. To anyone else he'd look like any other foreigner here on a visit. Really though he was a lot more than that. Been the 'Queen' of House Nightblood...or rather Morax....was a bit odd to say normally queens were women but some men held the spot. It was the right hand man of the organization. And he still had a lot to work up too for fulfilling that spot. However as he was walking he happened to see a boy looking crestfallen. Normally Ivan would ignore a kid like that, most kids in Japan were emotionally wrecks with all the expectations set on them, but he felt something odd about this particular kid something was itching at the back of his mind. Still Ivan was careful not to come on too strong. "Hey kid you doin' alright? You look like you just broke up with your girlfriend or something. Need someone to talk to?" Ivan asked casually as he stepped up to the boy with a neutral expression.

Last edited:
Sayano Takenaka

Sayano listened as Aster went off on a 'tangent', though the smile never left her lips. It seemed permanently etched there. When he had taken the chocolate she settled the rest back into the back with a small hum. When he was finished, Sayano shook her head slightly as she seemed momentarily still. "Ah not really..." she grumbled, folding her arms over her torso as she let her head fall to one side. "It is really odd to be able to understand people I normally couldn't..." A hand ran through her hair, dragging it away from her face. "But it is an awesome skill!~"

Flexing her fingers for a moment she listened to the click for a moment before looking back up. "I don't want to be useless." Sayano added softly, thinking to exactly how she ended up now as a bishop. A smile flickered back onto her lips as she settled her head into her palm, arm propped up on her knee. "So I'll try get as strong as possible to avoid that. Plus I do actually enjoy learning all this magic...It's interesting."

Akira Moriama

Akira walked for a while pondering on what the priest was going to make him do or if he was going to partake in some sort of ritual, maybe he'd even due the impossible and use some magic to heal his arm. The Priest did tell him that he as going to have to do some things for him. He walked down the street and he shoved his hands in his pockets. He made his way off to the pre-planned rendezvous point, the church. As he made his way he decided to take a break sitting on a bench. His good hand propping up his head, he began to question himself. 'Is this the right idea?' he asked to himself. A grimace look spread across his face as he thought about the actions he was taking.

"Hey kid you doin' alright? You look like you just broke up with your girlfriend or something. Need someone to talk to?"

Akira looked over to see a man, his face made a neutral look. Before thinking or saying anything else he thought to himself. 'Did he just call me kid?' Akira stood up. "I'm not quite sure what you mean sir." he responded to the other man as he adjusted his right arm using his other arm. As he said and finished talking he took his time to evaluate the man in front of him. Akria was wearing a black vest hoodie, a short sleeved white button up shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of black shoes that looked a lot like converse, his bag at his feet.

Silas quickly mentioned that he had forgotten something back at his work place when Aster nodded and wished him a quick trip before turning back to his new bishop. She was eager to learn and while that was promising it also led to problems. Magic....magic wasn't something so easy to grasp. The best metaphor he could come up with was a simple one: it's like trying to keep water from leaking out of your hands. Sometimes you can, more often than not a single crack can lead to it pouring all the way back where it came from. That was especially dangerous considering what kind of abilities she was expected to wield. "We haven't even scratched the surface of what our unholy powers grant us. Satan, or the big man up high it doesn't matter who wields it, it is dangerous. So what would you like to learn about today? A quick control lesson? Or perhaps refinement of your healing abilities? Either one is of importance regardless of the choice. You can't simply expect to become a master over one brand of magic over a single day. Even the most minor power can give you an edge." Aster commented as he quickly conjured a ball of yellow light in his hand. It hovered there easily enough like it was being bound by gravity itself. "This seems easy for example but in reality I'm focusing on it and keeping it sustained with my will power. It will not move unless I let it or my own power loses control."

======

"I've seen a lot of people who have issues kid you just look like another guy who looks like he could use someone to talk to is all. If I'm wrong I apologize. I'm just on my way around town trying to find this priest guy. Apparently he's willing to help people repent their sins. I've got some stuff I'd like to confess and get off my chest personally. Some people would much rather just listen to themselves speak than others. So I want to get a good judgement on this guy." Ivan said half lying, half not. It was true enough that he was sinful and looking for a priest but at the same time he had no intentions on actually telling him anything. Moreover he intended to wrestle what info he could from the sap then mind wipe him. Who knows maybe the kid knew something. It as worth a shot.

Akira Moriama
"Sorry, I was just wondering if anything I was doing in life was right, such as meeting this one priest. I heard he could help people, heal any wound. Then when I called him about it he confirmed it so I was going down to the church for our meeting" Akira said to the other man. "As you can see I have quite the injury" Akira said gesturing to his arm. Akira was was still careful with this man, something seemed off about him. Could they be going to see the same priest? It was then Akira shook himself out of his own thoughts, sending that one to the back of his mind. It's not like he was going to end up ruining his meeting with the priest. So Akira lowered his guard just a little trying not to be so uptight, as he listed off all of the possible dangers in talking with this man.​

Sayano Takenaka

Sayano watched the glowing yellow ball of light, the hue reflected in blue orbs as she studied the magical creation carefully. "Mhm~ Magic is tough..." She grumbled, though it seemed to little to deter her. Sayano let the bag with her candy in settle on the floor by her seat as she dragged herself up to stand with a small smile on her face. "I think a control lesson?" Sayano asked, tilting her head softly as she yawned, stretching her arms for a moment. "I think...getting some control over it in general is probably the best... I don't want anything to mess up when I need it~" She scratched her cheek softly, looking slightly sheepish. She could imagine something like that occurring with her luck... "Ah...Aster...What else can you do with magic?"

"A lot more than I'm able to show you safely in this part of the house. Magic has been running in my family for generations. Devil blood not counting. I'm not sure if I've already told you this but mages in the human world can summon demons, devils, and other beings for protection at will. They can even manipulate the elements to a degree such as conjuring fire, or a large gust of wind from out of nowhere. But not to our degree. We have an inner strength of mind that they can't naturally have. We can use magic to our whim to kill, to control, or to destroy. You can go up to your crush and kiss them then make them forget all about it. Or worse. You could incinerate entire buildings with the flick of your wrist if you're strong enough. I'm not as strong as some I would think but I had an early head start and a knowledge of both human and devil magics. It's harder to explain from that point forward. I hope that answers your question." Aster answered thoroughly. He wanted to make sure he completely departed all the facts he could onto his new bishop. If he could help her he would do so. It was more than the fact that she was his piece but more so that she held that innocence still despite being a sinner like the rest of them. "Now repeat after me...think of the brightest thing you've ever seen. The sun may be too much. Focus on that image. Think hard on it and the concept of light itself. Focus your energy to the palm of your hand. And hold it. Demand that it stay. It will not stay because you ask it to. It will try to escape if you let it. Observe." Aster commented as he held out his hand and with ease he formed a ball of light. He thought of the morning lamp posts he saw back home in the middle of the night. The shining orbs that lined all the street corners. Edison's gift. The orb tried to fade but the ball of concentrated pure energy didn't fade. It stayed put but forced Aster to squint as it was already bright in the room. "You need to concentrate your energy into a sphere and hold the illumunation as it is. Think of it like a glass of water. One break in the glass and it will leak out. The more leaks out the more it will drain your own stamina. If you don't have stamina you can't cast spells."

===

"Not going to lie to you kid having a injury like that sucks. But no miracle worker is going to fix that for you. It's the hospital or bust." Ivan commented bluntly as he chewed on his lies even further. He could bring out the fact that dark forces existed that could heal him. Or even god's most trusted servants. But that'd just make him sound like a nut job. "How about we go together kid? I'm lookin' for someone. You're looking for someone. Maybe we can help each other out? Besides I'm bored got nothing better to do." Ivan grumbled as he scratched his combed back hair. It seemed that the kid may be the ticket he was looking for.

Last edited:
Sayano Takenaka

Sayano sat herself back carefully in the seat as she nodded. She listened quietly to his explanation about the human mages and some of the feats magic could produce. Her expression had shifted, serious now though it retained her usual light heartedness as her blue orbs flickered to the glowing orb of light, a soft hum parting from her lips. It was pretty, bright but pretty. "Mhm... Okay, not the sun~" She parroted with a soft grin. The explanation of how dangerous magic could possibly be worried her for a moment.

Shifting her hands so they were both settled just above her lap she tried to repeat the steps stated. There was a silence from the usually talkative Sayano as she thought for a moment or two. After a short few seconds the light erupted from the space above her palms as the orb came into existence. It was not as bright and seemed to threaten to vanish for a moment before calming. However, Sayano grinned for a moment at the magical creation. "This is okay...right?" She mumbled, her eyes focused upon the energy that existed within her palms. The orb had flickered threateningly within its first few moments of life but had since remained stable as Sayano kept her gaze and focus upon it. "So holding this helps my control with magic...?"

Akira Moriama

Akira didn't respond to the man's first statement. "You can follow me if you want, either way I don't care" he said not caring. Turning Akira started to continue you down the street at a pace where the man could keep up. Akira still did like this man like he was hiding something. His gut feeling about the man just kept growing worse and worse. 'If I only knew what it was that was off about this guy'He thought trying not to show it one his face he did some minimal actions to keep his mind off of it. Such as scratching his neck occasionally, or adjusting his arm, even tightening his pony tail, to lessen his thought about it more, he thought about food, the one thing that could keep his mind off anything.​

@Aka~Kitsune

Aster smiled at Sayano and nodded at her. He agreed that magic was tough but it was all a part of the learning process. "That's the silver lining. You're the bishop. If you can't learn magic then you gave up your path to god for no reason. Once you learn how to properly control it then you will become greater and possibly even the most powerful magician in the clan. Your piece gives you more magic than anyone not named Queen, or King. You'll have to utilize it in order to become stronger. You do want to make me proud don't you?" Aster said trying to encourage some sort of positive thinking. Praise was often the best way to make someone rush head first towards. "But yes this is an admirable effort. I told you not to think of the sun because it would drain you too quickly. Remember magic energy comes from the inside the more effort you put into the spell the more you drain from yourself. The more you drain from yourself the more you risk death. That's why using a pure form of energy like that ball will allow you to become stronger. It will temper your ability to limit yourself without risking too much of your own energy. And it will allow you to practice controlling it's flow so you can use your ability to heal or use offensive techniques. Is that sufficient enough? Or do you need more instruction." Aster asked as he cut off the flow of his own ball of energy letting it fizzle out of existence like a light bulb being turned off.
====

Ivan smiled and nodded his head it looked like he actually had a new little friend to toy with for a bit even if it amounted to nothing. "Alright then let's head out!" Ivan said as he quickly followed the young man towards their destination. He didn't say much of anything on the way there. He was more concerned about making sure he didn't miss anything he simply whistled a tune of an old jazz song from America. He didn't come from America but he always loved their old school jazz. It put a bit of spring in his old step. Granted Ivan wasn't THAT old when it came down to it but he was far from his prime. Eventually when they arrived at their location it was in an isolated shop in the far end of town. It was rather simple and the door on the outside had a sign on it that said open. "Alright well kid you first."

Sayano Takenaka

Sayano's gaze remained steady upon the orb, narrowed lightly due to the light source but still intently upon the magic floating between her palms. She honestly wanted to see if she changed the image she conjured within her mind if the ball would grow in power and brightness. Breathing in softly she moved her other palm to the top of the orb, her head tilting slightly in curiosity before she nodded. "Mhm~" Was her only response for the first part as she was mostly attentive on keeping it at the same point.

After a moment though her attention strayed back over to Aster, a small smile on her lips as she nodded. "Of course..." Was her quiet reply as she eventually breathed out softly, the ball fading from existence between her hands. Aster saved her... she would at least try to make him proud. Once the final traces of magic faded from around her she smiled brightly, adjusting where she sat before taking the chocolate back out from her bag. Breaking off a piece she popped it into her mouth before continuing. "Nope. I got it. If I can stop myself from using to much magic...using a controlled amount....then I don't risk loosing all my energy and dying." Sayano muttered to herself. "I'll keep practicing that. Then I'll practice healing again...see if it helps."

Akira Moriama

"Yeah yeah" Akira looked at the door that said open. Before doing as witch as to open the door. He looked over all of the decisions he made since the accident most of which he regret because they slowed down his dream, dragged it in the dirt, and drowned it. This was his dream's last dying breath. To treat people with the food he could make. Looking at the older man behind him he stared at the door hard. Would this all be worth it? Of course it would. Adjusting his arm he stood up straight. Grabbing the door he hesitated for a second, his heart started to beat faster. Swallowing he opened the door, it opened with ease followed by a squeak. It was however he never knew his world was going to become so much bigger than it already was. 'I hope this is worth it' he thought taking a look inside.​

"Alright then good thing you're getting the hang of it the If not I may have had to thrown you to Dagmar for a sink, or swim sort of thing. Trust me you don't know Dag very well but I do and when he gets into a serious mood he's dangerous. Well even more serious than his already dour self. He's always been the sort of guy who has the 'win harder' sense of mind. He's not satisfied with nothing less than mastery. " Aster said as he got up and cracked his knuckles and stretched. He really had no further plans for today he intended to show the newbie how to handle things. He could go and try to scout out that all girl's school. But he didn't want Gremory aware of who he was exactly just yet. He was sure she knew he was here just not that he was a devil. If not her the other big house on the block probably was looking out for him. "I'm sorry if I'm frightening you. It's just the truth. I can't have people not doing their jobs. Houses on top have twice if not thrice as many pieces as we have. We'll need to recruit more. It's just a matter of finding the right piece." Aster said as he looked at his hand. He wondered just exactly how many times he'd need to perform the rite to make a person unholy once more.

----

The place was sparsely but well decorated. It was clean, and thoroughly scrubbed of any sort of dirt. Nearby stood a small container for one's shoes to be put in before entering. There was no one at the desk however it was clear that someone was there as the door to the secretary's office was open. A moment later a pink haired young woman came rushing back into the office only to notice. "Oh! Sorry hope I didn't keep you waiting! I just got back from the bathroom. Do you have an appointment with Mr. Dunham? Or are you a walk in? I need to know so I can get the proper paperwork." the young woman stated quickly as she quickly started to shift through the papers. She was a beautiful young woman but at the same time it was clear she was holy as she wore a cross around here neck and her cuffs had two crosses adorned on them.

Akira Moriama
As Akira walked in he took off his shoes with his working hand. Placing them together he slid them in the container. He looked at the woman he swallowed before responding. "I made an appointment with him earlier." He sopped to look at the man behind him. "Not sure about him though" Akira said pointing to the man with his thumb. Out of all Akira was expecting it was not this. To be greeted by such a young and beautiful girl. It was expecting to be meeting the priest first. Though I guess it helped with his nervousness that he was able to talk to someone closer to his age, even though it may be brief.​

Status
Not open for further replies.