Hidden by the Sea

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She shook her head. "No... Not until three months after the transformation." She leaned up and kissed him on the cheek before letting go of him and diving back in the water. She swam toward the bottom, not wanting her tears and disappointment to show. She hated her situation. She wished they would have let her just be free instead of trapping her like this.

Robert longed to go after her. To hold her in his arms and plead forgiveness. Alma had caused her tears and now he had. He instantly hated himself. "I'm sorry.." he said feeling the emotion rip through his chest. He stood up and went up to his office. This making a plan to escape was now his priority. He would have them out and free before the week's end. He promised that.

Kai swam to her bed and curled up, closing her eyes. If she were back home, she would be comforted by her mother by now. Her father would seek out the merman or mermaid that dare make his daughter cry and her sister would give her a makeover and take her to drown sailors. She missed those times. If she were to die right now, she would die with many regrets. One of them would be not telling her family how much she loved them. A huge pang of homesickness wafted through her.

Robert worked into the night using his personal computer to research the building. Of course blueprints and other such information was all classified above his level of clearance. He fell asleep with his head on the computer's keyboard. Exhaustion had taken over after long hours.

The next morning, Kai woke up to a fish poking her. She batted it away, slowly swimming to the edge of the tank. She looked around, hoping to find Robert up and awake. She didn't find anyone. Sighing, she swam around. Hopefully he would come out soon.

He woke with a crick in his neck from having slept on his computer. He turned it off stretching the ache from his muscles and going into the bathroom to brush his teeth and do his other morning rituals. He walked out finally from his office and sat down to check the levels and dials making sure all sensors were in range as usual.

Kai swam quickly in the tank, looking for cracks or anything like that. She noticed a small vent near the ground and swam toward it. Curious, she poked at it. It seemed to be taking seawater from the sea around them, filtering it and pushing it into the tank. She wondered if she could fit in the vent. It was unlikely as she looked at it. There were probably blades in there that would chop her up in a second.

Robert sighed placing his head in his hands. Last night had gone not how he wanted it to. He remembered he had said something that had upset Kai. It weighed heavily on his chest and he didn't know how to fix it. How to show her that he cared too much about her to be stuck in this tank with her. Then they'd both be killed in the name of science. It was all a mess. He just wanted to break them out so they could be together.

Kai felt guilty. She had tried to drag him under to change him. He'd never want to see her again, not with the constant threat of drowning over his head. She felt homesick and guilty and it was all just a big mess. Stalking a fish, she caught it before letting it go. She was sure he was mad at her, and she should apologize, but she didn't.

Robert stood up going to the sphere running his fingers along the glass. He hadn't seen her yet. Maybe she was still sleeping or worse, still upset with him and wanted nothing to do with him. He walked downstairs to the pool room. As usual swiping his ID for entrance he sat at the edge of the pool as usual. He got to writing in his journal pad. He would wait for her to want to come to him. There was nothing he could do but tell her sorry he was. He loved Kai. That was obvious at least he thought it was. He would tell her he didn't mean to hurt her. He just wanted for her to have her freedom before changing him if that's even what she wanted to do now that he had hurt her.

Kai noticed him walking to the pool and decided to go down there. She swam through the door and poked her head up above the surface. He was drawing in his journal again. She wondered what he wrote. Unconsciously, she started to swim closer, curious as to what he was writing. She stopped before getting too close. He was probably still mad at her.

Robert was in the middle of a drawing. It depicted him and her after she changed him. They were in a room created of coral, their arms around each other his lips on her forehead, a smile on her face. He smiled dorkily as he drew it. He heard a trickle of water and looked up to see her nearby. His hear soared when he saw her and he smiled.

"Hey..." he looked at her looking at his book and he smiled turning it so she could see. "I missed you." he murmured hoping she liked the drawing.

"I missed you too..." Kai said. She looked over the drawing. It was accurate and quite beautiful. She smiled as she swam a bit closer. "I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday. I was impulsive and selfish and shouldn't have even thought about turning you without your consent." She looked down, ashamed of how she had acted yesterday.

Robert placed the book in his satchel, hiding it within the electrical panel of one of the control panels and threw his shoes, socks and lab coat off to the side before running and diving into the pool head first. He was on the swim team as a younger man and effortlessly dove before finding her in the water.

"You have my consent Kai. I want to be with you.... Kai...." his heart nearly burst through his chest as his hand came up to cup her chin and caress her cheek. "It might be crazy at how quick it happened... but I love you Kai. I'm in love with you. I'm crazy about you." he said letting that huge weight off his chest. He was afraid she'd run and hide away from him now knowing how he felt about her.

Kai searched his face, looking for any clue to him lying. "You mean this? This is the absolute truth?" She asked, her tail moving to wrap around his legs. She held him up, her strong tail doing all of the work to keep them both up. Maybe she could shorten the three months... but if she tried that, he would have to be completely and utterly willing. There was no going back if he did this.

Robert looked deep into her eyes and nodded his head. "You are what I want. There is nothing left for me here on land. I just want you to be happy." he said searching her eyes for a flicker that she felt the same.

Kai nodded, smiling. She kept a good grip on him and slowly lowered him into the water. She kissed him, full on the lips. It was rougher than how she normally kissed. She let her teeth graze his lower lip, pulling some blood from it. She then bit her own, allowing the blood to mingle, but never touch the water. She kept his lips locked with hers, afraid that if she stopped, he would drown. They were fully submerged as she did this, their hair flowing around them.

Robert was more nervous that he had ever been in his life. The water rose around them slowly and he felt already short of breath and frantic. Her tail curled around him strongly keeping him steady and then her lips touched his and he focused on just that. His heart beat madly in his chest and he could already feel his lungs tingling with more need of air even before they were submerged entirely.

His nose burned as the water went in and he felt himself begin to shake, panic beginning to set in. Her teeth bit in and it was painful but not enough for him to pull away. Just enough for her to wince. He was afraid but he trusted her and so continued to kiss her.

Kai forced the blood into his mouth, hoping he would swallow. She continued to kiss him. As he swallowed the blood, he could feel a burning on his sides. It was almost a burn of relief as his lungs started to fill with oxygen. Small gills started to form as she gave him the blood, keeping him from panicing too much. She held him close, not letting go for a second.

Robert was at wits end. His lungs were cringing for air and he felt as if he would pass out and die when blood was pushed into his mouth. He swallowed just wanting to get it out of his mouth. With the more he swallowed he felt the pressure in his lungs lessen. He felt a burning at his sides and he refrained from letting his fingers trail over his sides that hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.