Hidden by the Sea

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai did that for him as she gently ran her hands over his sides, hoping to help ease the pain. She continued this process for a good eleven minutes before releasing him, letting him breathe on his own. She still held him, but she let his new found gills work on its own.

When her lips pulled away Robert was amazed that he could breathe under water. He looked at her with a bright astonished smile. "Holy crap." he said before swimming over to her. "You did it! I'm.... Oh my God I have gills!" he said lifting his shirt to see them. He went ahead and yanked his shirt off swimming to the surface and throwing it out of the water. He had a chiseled body from years of faithful exercising. The gills were foreign and he let his fingers run along them as they helped him breathe.

He swam back to her hooting and laughing excitedly. He couldn't move fast enough in the water as she did but he moved through the water quicker than he would have with the scuba gear and wrapped his arms around her, twirling her around and taking her lips in a kiss. "Thank you." he said between kisses.

Kai giggled as she spun around with him, glad that he was happy. Their moment was cut short as Alma yelled, standing at the edge of the pool. Kai froze, looking up at the angry woman. She had been searching for Robert when she found clothes strewn on the floor. Kai held back her instinct to swim away, holding onto Robert tightly.

Robert felt the chill go down his spine and he turned quickly to see the woman standing there glaring at them through the glass of the sphere. His heart pounded frantically and he felt himself that even without gills he could not breathe. His arms closed around Kai tightly. Over his dead body would they take her away from him or harm her.

Alma glared and shouted a few unintelligible orders. Two men in wet suits shot the two with tranquilizers. Kai hissed before she felt her eyes droop. One of the men grabbed Robert and dragged him away, getting ready to put him in the new tank. Alma scowled. She couldn't believe that one of her employees was in a relationship and part of the specimen's species. She'd have to investigate later.

Robert felt the shot of the tranquilizer hit him and he had enough time to kiss Kai once more whispering an, "I love you." before being drug away. He fought as best as he could but he was out by the time he was drug out of the water.

He woke up in another tank. A sphere in a room he hadn't seen and alone. His sphere had no animals, no corals, no sea weed. Nothing but water in his empty desolate tank. He slammed on the glass trying to break it as best as he could. He searched for hours trying to find a way out.

"Help! Help me!" he yelled hitting the glass hoping anyone with a heart would hear and help him. He began to panic and tears streamed down his cheeks wondering who would take care of his love Kai. He prayed she was safe.

Kai woke up to find her tank empty. The fish and other wildlife had been taken out. The coral and seaweed stayed though. She immediately began searching for Robert.

Meanwhile, Alma was promoting Robert's assistant. "Congratulations. You may choose which one you wish to observe first." She said simply before walking away.

Jennifer blinked her eyes not having a clue on what the hell had just happened. She nodded her head and watched as she left out of the room. Jenny walked over to the tank where Specimen A was. Robert was now specimen B. She peered into the water. How on earth was she going to get this creature to open up to her. To talk to her and get to tell her how on earth Robert was now a damn gilled man.

"K...Kai?" she asked nervous for introductions.

She swam by quickly, hitting the tank with her tail. She was not happy. She was not happy at all. A small trill came from the back of her neck, warning the girl to get away before she decided to get hostile.

Jennifer stepped back fearful of what could happen. She quickly left the room and made her way across the complex to Robert's cell. She walked in finding him swimming to slam into the glass

"You're going to hurt yourself." she said shakily. Robert's eyes centered on her and relief washed over him.

"Jennifer... what the hell is going on? Why am I in this prison? What's going to happen? No... no.... how is Kai is she okay?" he asked swimming near the glass. Jennifer watched him in awe her eyes staring at his sides where gills now lay slitting his skin. He saw her line of vision and sighed to keep himself from growling.

"K..Kai is okay though I'm sure she wants to kill me and everyone else. Alma's pissed. If I can't get answers... Rob they're going to cut you and Kai up." she said her eyes worried. Robert blinked his eyes.

"Go back to Kai. In the pool room the center control panel's electrical panel.... open it and my satchel is in there. My journal will explain everything but it's just for you. Jenny I trust you." he said looking at her with cobalt eyes she could read were truthful. She didn't like the position she was in but she was going to help Robert out. He had been a great employer and what was happening to them wasn't fair. She nodded her head quickly before running off

Kai furiously swam around her prison. She hit the walls hard, trying to break them. She did nothing but smudge them with her blood after a while. She swam down to the door to the pool, only to find it closed. She trilled and pulled on it. her tail was bleeding and so were her fingers as she pulled on the metal door. She trilled, wanting out.

Jennifer walked quickly entering Kai's holding cell. She ran down the stairs and began checking the panels until she found the satchel. She went back upstairs walking close to the glass.

"I know you don't believe me and you have no reason to. Look..." she said holding up the journal. "He told me where to find it. He misses you and wants you to know that everything will be all right. I'm going to help get you out of here. I know you don't trust humans and you don't have to. Just believe Rob." she said shakily before opening the book and beginning to read it. She was shocked and amazed. Nothing made sense until she read his scribbles. It was all so fascinating and mythical it was certainly unbelievable.

Kai swam up to see the human girl with her mate's book. She swam to where she could see her, ignoring the stinging in her fingers and on her tail. She watched the human girl, waiting for her to stop reading. She had to trust Robert. She had to believe in him. It was hard to trust the human girl though. She hit the tank lightly, leaving a bright red spot.

Jennifer looked up, concern running through her as she saw the blood. She had read that she needed energy to heal. She needed to get her some help.

"What can I do to help you?" she asked pointing to her injuries. "I need to find a way to get Robert here to you and then both of you out. I'm... I'm just one person and I'm scared I'll fail you both. I just want you two to be free. No one deserves to be in a prison without having done anything wrong."

Kai pointed down to the pool area. She swam toward the door, waiting for it to open. She took energy from women differently than from men. If the human girl was really willing to help then she would understand.

Jennifer nodded her head and went back down to the pool room swiping her ID and waiting for her to through to the pool area. She blinked her eyes when she saw her emerge from the water slightly.

"His notes say it hurt slightly. Go... go ahead." she said sitting down beside the pool offering herself to be used for her to heal.

Kai swam over to Jennifer and grabbed her arm. She was gentle, unlike when she had been handling the humans other than Robert. She brought the arm to her lips and gently bit down, drawing a bit of blood. She sucked a bit of it from her arm as the wounds healed. She gave Jennifer's arm a lick after she had healed, healing the bite wound. She cleared her throat. "Thank you... I was acting a bit like an animal wasn't I?" She had given Jennifer the ability to understand her native tongue through her saliva.

Jennifer looked at her with awe and although her mind couldn't truly begin to comprehend it all she knew that something was more important than her understanding. "Well.. I don't blame you. It's us people that are acting like animals to you guys. Now my dad works higher than Alma. I'm going to try and get as much information as I can from him. I have a plan... but it is dangerous and could get us all killed." she said making sure no one was around before leaning in to whisper.

"There are these huge containers that are used to move stuff from the surface rig down to storage. It takes the workmen elevator every day at sundown. If I could get both you and Robert in one of the containers and somehow cover them up with maybe a tarp or something and get you on that elevator we could ride it up to the surface and I could set you free. After that your safety is in your arms." She said looking her over wondering if they micro chipped her.

They hadn't. They seemed to forget about that part. Kai nodded. "Thank you for helping us." She said. She looked and sounded grateful. "I wish I could repay you somehow." Her tail rose to the surface before hitting the water and going back under.

Jennifer smiled and shook her head. "Knowing I saved a mermaid and her human hybrid is all the repayment I need." she said with a smile. "I'm going to go tell Robert the plan and make sure that it's safe. It might not be tonight but I hope to get you guys out here tonight or tomorrow at the latest." she said before standing up. "Do you want me to tell him anything?" she said knowing she had to run to the other side of the complex to get to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.