Heroes At War - Battlefield Glory [8/8 Spots]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry too much, I'll be assigning enemy Heroes depending on a few IC factors.

Don't worry too much, I'll be assigning enemy Heroes depending on a few IC factors.

Ok. I also had a question, @Rion ? Why are the archers up front? Wouldn't they be better placed behind the infantry, to shoot over their heads? The way the nap is set up now, it looks like the archers are on the front lines.

Ok. I also had a question, @Rion ? Why are the archers up front? Wouldn't they be better placed behind the infantry, to shoot over their heads? The way the nap is set up now, it looks like the archers are on the front lines.
They're called smirmishers. Send your lightly equipped fighters to run in and throw a volley, weakening their numbers, then fall back and let the front line fighters hold the line.

Reactions: Rion
Well I'm drunk off mead so this Bjarke post should be pretty rad.

I think what I'll do is wait a little bit to see what a couple other players do, and then probably... decide what position I'll have Torena take. I kinda want her to stick near another hero, rather than just bolt in with the rest of the troops.

Reasonably, yeah I guess.

I'll wait for someone else to post before I make my next one.

I will have Glenn dodging around the field trying to keep some people from dying.

But @HellHoundWoof considering that the guy is a hero of his own right should he be a little harder to kill than just a sword to the neck?

I will have Glenn dodging around the field trying to keep some people from dying.

But @HellHoundWoof considering that the guy is a hero of his own right should he be a little harder to kill than just a sword to the neck?
I second this.

Come to think of it, when I said soft spots I did mean the areas medieval armor makers/wearers sometimes forgot to pay attention to, i.e. the inner elbow, the knee, the hips. Im pretty sure the majority of armor types had neck protection in the form of gorgets, but I may be wrong.

Let's just say Graph here is not used to wearing a typical suit of plate, gorget and all, only focused on his offense when he learned how to use a sword, and happens to be missing his fauld.

This guy gets an F in heroism.

The enemy heroes deserve to be a little more of a threat than that.

Not-so-super detailed map of the battlefield. Note that the right flank is secured by rocky mountains.
3 and 4 isn't located that far back, the shields are just in the way. Generals and Kings are located a bit further back though, unless they join the fighting. (Oswald will stand somewhere close to 4)

Read the IC, it will explain the map more. Enemy Heroes will come with my next post.

As always, feel free to get creative.​

Perhaps you guys would rather just make up the enemy Heroes yourself? =P

But yes, you definitely can't just kill a Hero off like that.

Okay before anyone starts getting upset, Ser K said it was cool if the man had a violent and almost comedic death. The comedy lays in the fact that he was so easily dispatched by someone he did not know was even a threat. I dont intend on doing this for every hero, I just figured if Ser K was okay with it, then I had the okay to do it how I pleased.

Its not gonna be something I do for every enemy hero, this just seemed like a good showcase for the whole brutality of combat and whatnot.

If it's still an issue then I can edit it and say the greatsword collided with the mans armor and Bjarke bowled him over, then Kaskarde can finish him off.

Okay before anyone starts getting upset, Ser K said it was cool if the man had a violent and almost comedic death. The comedy lays in the fact that he was so easily dispatched by someone he did not know was even a threat. I dont intend on doing this for every hero, I just figured if Ser K was okay with it, then I had the okay to do it how I pleased.

Its not gonna be something I do for every enemy hero, this just seemed like a good showcase for the whole brutality of combat and whatnot.

But Ser K isn't the GM, so really you should have run it past me first. Don't RP while you're drunk, man. >.>
I'll let it slide just this time, but no more god modding. Its in the rules for a reason.

Oh well, my bad then I guess. Npc Hero = far less mortal than random everymen.

I knew Ser K wasnt the GM but I figured he'd have the control over his written in hero.

Well they don't call them heroes for nothing. They have to be some kind of powerful to earn the title of hero. Could just retcon and say that jackass wasn't actually a hero in the first place. Just trying to make a name by hopefully smashing someone who already had a name made for them.

I figured that @Rion already had ideas in mind for heroes to counter us. Something with a little more depth than, 'Oh here comes the boss fight, let's mash our weapons into them until they finally drop'. They're heroes, just from another country. We could just as easily be playing those characters, and recognizing that means that as much importance should be put in meeting them as with them meeting us. So, retconning that character not actually being a hero brings our hero count back up to five, and makes the war feel just a little less cheap. I mean, personally, I'm not even going to have Torena make it to a fight with a hero without at least having some cuts and bruises first, and I want a fight she'll remember.

Now on one hand, comedic elements are great for any kind of roleplay. They add flavor to the world and make it feel more real, as there are comedic moments in everyday life anyway. But on the other, it's good to recognize that the adventure itself isn't comedy themed, so this war event is going to be portrayed as far more dramatic. The fights are not going to be easy. The characters are heroes because they have the power, but they also work for their victories. They didn't get as far as they have being careless.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rion
Status
Not open for further replies.