Her Majesty's Outer Space Savior

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Thank you, your majesty…" He chuckled. He offered her his hand, and walked on out, as the two of them made their way out onto the streets. Both of them were dressed casually, at least Jack was, and he assumed the outfit Celeste had on was casual, as the earth-born boy was impressed by nearly everything he saw, so awestruck, wide-eyed and mystified...

"This is amazing!…" Jack exclaimed, as he kept his grip on Celeste firm, flying upwards into the air and viewing the city from the skies to start off. "I've never seen such architecture…"

Celeste took his hand, though only because he offered it. She was still rather unused to holding it.

Once she got out, she was dressed in more casual clothes, at least what was considered casual for her planet. Jack, on the other hand, was wearing clothes that stood out among what everyone else wore. Some even questioned if there was some sort of new fashion line coming out.

She found his fascination with the city to be sort of cute, adorable even, how he was so impressed with things that were just a part of her daily life. Being lifted into the air surprised her at first, and she cast a somewhat nervous glance at the ground, but soon enough she found herself wanting to go higher with him.

Celeste's pride for her city made her blush at his comments, "Not to play down the efforts of my people, but I'm sure that I would say the same thing if I were to visit your world. In fact, what is your world like, Jack?" she pondered, looking down at the buildings, but then spotted a distressing sight. From here the people looked like figures, and there were a bunch of them crowding together as they went down the street. Peaceful protests were one thing, in fact, they had every right to do so, but this looked like it might soon escalade into a riot, "Not again..."

"Oh, Its actually similar. In the daylight its not always as colorful. But it is nice…though not as nice as what I see now…And I'm talking about more than just the city."

-

Jack stared down at the people below about to break into a riot. Feeling this was the perfect place to get started with his powers, he flew down, keeping Celeste behind him as he stared forward at the protestors, and raised a hand, gesturing for them to stop.

"People! Please!" Exclaimed Jack. "Calm down before someone gets hurt!…Now, what seems to be the problem?"

"The problem is that girl!" Barked one guy. "She's unfit to rule!"

"Wrong!" Went others on another section. "She is rightful heir!"

The people began to squabble some more, as Jack bit his lip, and turned to Celeste.

"You talk to them: They're your people…If anyone tries to do anything, I promise I'll keep people from getting injured, if you let me use my new powers…"

This again? Celeste sighed, ever since her father's death, it only seemed to be getting worse and worse, from attacks in the media to full out riots, one time she even got a death threat, but thankfully there weren't anymore attempts on her life, at least for now. The fanatic supporters weren't any better, attacking the 'haters' and often treating her like some sort of godly figure, some even had the audacity to claim that her uncle had an ulterior motive.

"If you really must, please only use the bare minimum of your strength, I don't want this to descend into a fight." she said, fearing that if Jack did try to fight them, then they might just swarm him with both parties getting hurt. She stepped forward, "Please, calm yourselves, a chaotic fight won't prove anything." Celeste said. The squabbling seemed to stop a bit as she spoke, "I could personally speak of your opinions to the council." she offered.

"Then tell them that we don't want some pansy pretty princess taking over!" a voice yelled.

"Yeah, no pansy pretty princesses!" some more voices chanted.

Celeste could only stare at them, not because she was actually insulted, but rather disappointed at their insult. She expected better of them, really.

"There's all this crap goin' on, and what does our princess do? She goes on some date with a foreigner! She sure is taking care of things, isn't she?" another voice yelled, assuming that Jack had to be from somewhere else from how he was dressed, and everyone else seemed to go with it.

"She needs to be married before she can properly rule!"

"And the perfect partner is obviously an ignorant foreigner who has no idea of what's going on! I wonder what kind of freakshow they'll make!"

"Nice to see that the old man's will is really going somewhere, if he had the brains to make one-"

"Enough!" Celeste yelled, using a harsh tone of voice that seemed unnatural to how she usually was. She would not let her father or Jake be mentioned like that. The fighting seemed to stop for a moment, if only because it was rare for Celeste to act in such a way. The crowd seemed to be thinning, the numbers slowly dispersing, and it seemed that there was some peace- at least until a rock was thrown at Jay.

"Get out of here you dirty foreigner, we don't need you staining the royal monarchy!"

Due to Jack's newfound invulnerability, The rock did little to even bruise him. But he knew he'd been hit alright. He began to clench his right fist, a blue glow coming about it, until he let it go, as he glared at the one who threw the rock. For a moment he appeared to be ready to kill the man on the spot, but instead, putting his hands together in a prayer form, though when he did, he forced his palms together as if to clap. Regulating his strength carefully, he forced out a small sonic boom of sorts that would knock back everyone in front of him.

"You can say whatever you want about me, but if you talk about Celeste that way, you might as well be ruled by the first Cosmic Dictator that comes by…Celeste may be young, but she's very mature. I may be a foreigner, but I'm no fool about right or wrong. The world I was raised on had a thing or two called Truth and Justice. There were other things like 'The American Way,' but I doubt you've heard of it. That's not the point though: With every possibility of a new ruler is something new and different. Celeste's youth shouldn't be viewed as a weakness, but rather a chance to look at your kingdom from a fresh new outlook. She'll listen to what you have to say if you really need something…"

More Silence...

"Me? I'll be right there learning everything I can. And as you can see, I've got certain abilities…abilities I promise I'll use to protect as many people as I can if not act politically. On my world, we have modern myths and legends about great heroes. One of them was a guy called Superman…he was a foreigner from another world himself like myself, but he was a good man. No task was beneath him, from helping a child who couldn't tie their shoe, to saving the entire planet from some really bad dudes…And that's what I'll be. I'lll be YOUR Superman. And Celeste will be YOUR Queen. Everything she does, she'll have the people in mind…She's very intelligent and to deny her a chance to try and rule is unfair…Now please disperse, before I use a REAL thunderclap…she and I will be doing everything we can to save your planet. If you don't wish to help, don't interfere."

He stared ahead at everyone, waiting for their response. A couple people began to walk away, the rest still silent as Jack turned to Celeste a moment… He had floated up into the air a bit so he could look down upon every single person. A good technique for a person to appear stronger and more powerful was to simply look downwards, as if he was overlooking the planet itself, to appear higher and mighty. And with the ability to defy gravity, it was made even better...

Celeste looked at Jack, at first worried about him getting hurt, but then remembered that the rock probably didn't even scratch him due to his abilities, but now the glow coming from his clenched fist was much more worrying. Imagined visions of chaos and destruction rushed through her head and she quickly went towards him, only to nearly be knocked down by the sonic boom he created. Managing to regain her footing, she looked towards the crowd, and then back at Jack, hoping that he knew what he was doing. This might be interpreted as an attack by them, and she feared they try to come up and hurt him even more.

Instead, what came next was a speech. While she didn't quite know what 'The American Way' might be, what he said and the way he said it made him seem wiser beyond his years, something that had been said of her often. She was silent with the crowd. He didn't seem to be finished, and she didn't want to interrupt.

When he finished, she stepped forward again, "Please, do not judge him on that he's a foreigner, but rather, from the way he acts. If you really must, you can take how he acts as a representation for Earthlings in general, I can only hope that they have some of the same virtues that he has. ... Though perhaps not the abilities, I'm fairly sure that Earthlings don't have the same capabilities."

The crowd continued to stare for a moment, one person shouting out, "Well yeah, just, um..." before slinking away, and eventually the rest of them went away as well, leaving with barely any damage done.

Celeste looked up at Jack, sighing a breath of relief, "Thank you so much!" she said, going out of her usual tone of voice, "Usually these sort of things end violently, and for you to calm the crowd like that, I can't even describe how relieved I am about no one getting hurt, or having others dragged into this..."

"No need to worry…" Replied Jack. "It's what I have to do now. And it felt grea-"

Jack suddenly stopped moving when he saw someone from afar raise a fist, and move it down towards the ground. His fist was huge, and Jack could only assume this was some form of attack, as he immediately flew off, breaking the sound barrier as the two of them moved to the side, the giant fist causing a shockwave that went in a straight line towards where the two of them stood previously. Jack put Celeste down as guardsmen armed with bizarre rifles that also possessed large blades began to fire and stab at the fellow repeatedly, the blades breaking apart and the bullets having little effect, as the mysterious fellow removed his garb to show he was a beast of pure stone, now only in a pair of shorts, as he prepared to charge, like a bull.

"I'm guessing that's an alien assassin. And here I was thinking I'd just go up against guys with guns that hide in the shade?…" He grumbled. "Celeste, get out of here immediately!"

Celeste turned around when Jack suddenly stopped, knowing that something was wrong. Her first thought was that those remaining turned violent, but instead, only got a quick look at a person with an abnormally large fist before being moved by Jack.

No, no not again, why did there have to be another assassin now?! She stood for a moment, not wanting to leave Jack behind, since if her guards could barely hurt the assassin, how would Jack fair? Sure, he had his abilities, but still..., "I'll never forgive you if you get yourself killed out there." she said before running into an alleyway. It was harsher than she intended, but it was the only thing that came to mind at the moment. She didn't want Jack to push himself and do something reckless, take something that he couldn't handle and get... killed. She shook her head, not wanting to think about such a thing as she continued to run in the shadows of the alleyways, trying to sneak herself back to some sort of safety.

Jack glared down the stone man, the stone man glaring back at him, as it charged towards him. Miraculously, every devastating blow only served to cause the boy to move back slightly, his body unflinched, as he blasted through the fellow's stomach with a side kick, watching a circular hole appear nearly perfectly, the giant struggling to support himself, as Jack began to exchange some of his own punches, blasting through the thug's arms, and sending it off casually.

"They're gonna need some real help when they see me..."

Celeste continued to run in the alleyways, admittedly not having much of a clue about where she was going. She wondered if Jack was alright, she hoped he was alright. What if he was hurt severely? What if that (literally) stone faced assassin smashed his head like a grape? She shook her head, she shouldn't think about that, but it was hard not to.

Suddenly she felt her arm being grabbed and she was pulled back, a man with a stubble, wearing a brown, tattered overcoat put a knife to her throat, "What a pretty find, Princess Celeste! Wonder how much I'd get off of capturing ya?"

"It's not that easy. Guards will surround you in minutes." Celeste said.

"Not when they're busy out there!"

"As Princess and soon to be queen of Xanshi, I ask that you please let me go." Celeste said calmly, but also firmly.

"Ha, 'please'? I guess what they say about yous being the sweetest thing around is true!"

Celeste pulled her elbow back, and then struck his solar plexus. The man bent over, the knife falling out of his hand and to the ground.

And in a flash of blue light, the thug was caught into the arms of another, and immediately shifted into a german suplex, the attacker's head, smashing him into the ground and rushing over to look Celeste over for any wounds. He'd seen her elbow him, and was well impressed, as he picked the girl up, and began to fly her back home to the safety of the royal palace.

"I'm sorry for everything: I should have done a better job than just sending you off alone. Could you ever forgive a jerk like me? Ever?"

Jack had a sad look about him. He thought Celeste would be angry with him, as he set her down, and looked into her eyes, as the Darkstars flew in and raised their arms, their built in suit energy generator diverting power to the hands to fire energy bolts.

"Stand down! We knew you were up to something, outworlder!"

Celeste shook her head, looking up at him with a smile, "No, not at all. If anything, I should have been-" before she could finish, however, she heard an energy bolt go past her. Darkstalkers, what did they want with him?!

"What is the meaning of this?!" she yelled, "He has no ulterior motives, if anything, he saved me from attackers! An assassin even!" she said with an unexpected anger in her voice. She shouldn't be getting emotional like this, she should have been calm, like she always was. But somehow, the fact that these... damned Darkstalkers wouldn't leave Jack alone heated something up inside of her. Perhaps she was more like her mother than she thought.

(Lol. Darkstalkers is a game. Darkstars is a comic book team. XD)

"We assume he plotted this..." They bowed. "We'll take care of things here with the other, but we simply cannot drop suspicions."

"Cool story bro. Celeste, I think we'd better head home now."

-

The two returned to the palace to eat dinner, After eating, Jack going out into the town again to save people here and there, most of the calls for help being for very small issues. Small or not, Jack attended to them. Lost children and pets, muggings, whatever he could find, and then once town was all quiet, or the authorities, not counting the absent and useless Darkstars, as he flew back to the palace, using the front door this time, complete with a greeting from Kaisar.

"Jack. You must be tired from your night on the town..." The man chuckled. "Go on: Celeste has made space for you next to her in bed. I trust you to take your time, if you don't mind my suggestion...Also, within the next week or two, her cousin Zod Spok will be arriving to participate in political affairs. The royal family is truly coming together to try and solidify the government."

"Oh...Cool. I mean, seriously. Zod's a cool name...And I can totally sit down and talk ruling the planet with you guys... I mean, I'll be part of the family soon, right? :D ..."

-

Jack yawned, heading upstairs as he took off his shirt, leaving himself topless, and opening the door in to see Celeste likely putting on a nightgown.

"Honey, I'm Home~"

(( Asdghf Sorry. XD It's a twist that Celeste is really a huge video game nerd and has a collection of games under the castle. Darkstalkers was a Freudian slip. ))

After eating dinner and watching Jake go out, Celeste walked back to her room. From her window she could see the speck of him flying around, likely helping out others around the city. Of all the men she could have gotten, than goodness it was him, since he was a good man. The thought of him deceiving her rarely occurred, and whenever it did, she always argued back with herself that he had no reason to.

She looked back at the box her grandmother gave her, all the things put away neatly in it. Had she accidentally summoned him? He had described going through some sort of portal... and her grandmother had described it as "Always being there when you need it." Was that what she meant? Grandmothers always seemed to be a mysterious folk. What sort of mysteries would she have when she was one? With Jack? ... She shook her head, she was thinking too far.

Besides, there was still the present to worry about. Zod Spok, a cousin of hers, was coming to discuss political matters. Hopefully her family would help to resolve the matters, and have as much acceptance of Jack as her uncle did. It was bad enough that some of her citizens thought that he was staining the bloodline.

She went over to her closet, getting out a nightgown. She put it on just as Jack came in. It took her a moment to decipher what he could mean by 'honey', "... Oh, I get it, a new nickname!~ Then welcome back, Jacky." she said playfully, unfamiliar with the phrase that he used.

(It still would have been extremely awesome. :O)

"Ah..." Went Jack. "Yeah. Nickname. I guess I need to learn what is and isn't here."

Jack was stunned by Celeste's appearance. All he did was take off his shirt. And here she was, in a stunning nightgown. It made him feel ashamed to be sleeping next to such a sight, as he climbed into bed with a yawn, and gestured for Celeste to join him, pulling the blanket off a little. All he could do now was hope he wouldn't screw up, as his eyes stayed trained on her body- no! up! up to her face! Look into her eyes...that's better. She'd probably make him sleep on the floor if she noticed he was staring at her body in such a wide eyed manner.

Oh, yes, she had to sleep next to him... The only people she ever slept in the same bed with were family members; her parents when she was a little girl and scared of Galaxy Eaters in her closet (she'd never know how she was convinced they'd even fit in there), and again, when she was little and would cuddle with cousins coming over to visit. But a lover? She couldn't help but be a bit flustered about that.

But she had no objections about getting in bed with him. Wait, was he, looking at her, in the eyes or...? Oh. She blushed, covering her body a little and giggling, she wasn't sure about why she did that, probably because she caught herself doing the same. Finally she approached the bed, crawling in as well.

Once the business of being so close while they slept was handled, Jack turned off the lights, and looked over at Celeste from the corner of his eyes, then back forward, as he tried to fall asleep, finding it impossible to do so, however, when he found his hand touching Celeste's. He moved his hand away a little, nervous about what she'd think of it. His hands began to clam up a little, his body soon to follow if he didn't calm down.

"Is there ever a time you're not beautiful?" Jack suddenly asked Celeste, turning to look at her. "I mean…not saying you have to be ugly..just…uh…less beautiful. As in you can't manipulate men from how good you look, kinda like right now- Uh…"

Jack couldn't help but stutter uncontrollably then, before taking a deep breath, and leaning over to kiss her on the cheek, before turning away in fear she'd be angry.

Celeste got comfortable, trying to go to sleep, but every so often she'd find herself looking at him. She tried to stop herself from doing this, since surely he might find it rude. She finally noticed his hand touching hers, only for him to pull it away. Was it just an accident? Maybe she should scoot away, her presence might be making him uncomfortable.

The question caught her off guard, despite the fact that she often got comments about her looks, and by now she should have been used to such a compliment- It sounded different coming from him, like this was the first time she was ever informed of this, "W-well, I-I guess if you really think so, though you might want to exclude when I wake up." she laughed nervously at her own joke, "But surely you must have turned heads on your own planet..." she blushed at making this comment, and it only reddened when he kissed her on the cheek, turning away from her.

"... Fine then. I guess I won't return the favor." she said, turning around and crossing her arms, though in a playful sort way.

"I don't know what you're talking about…" Replied Jack nervously, before being tempted by the last thing. He turned around, putting an arm around her, and humming a little tune, as he reached down…and took her hand. He kept a gentle grip on it, and pulling it out of the previous position as he cuddled up with her...

"return the favor? o.o"

He began to rub Celeste's wrist lightly with his thumb, before running his palm across her arms...

"You mean another kiss, right? :O"

Her arms didn't stay crossed for long as Jack put his arm around her, allowing him to grip it gently. She was almost too flustered to respond, but finally turned around, facing his chest and giggling, "Sort of.~" she said, coming up to plant her own kiss on his cheek, "It's only tradition for royals to return favors." she said, shyly smiling before wrapping her own arm around her, cuddling into his chest.

(( Gah, sorry about it being so short. D: ))