Her Majesty's Outer Space Savior

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
(It's okay)

"Really? In that case, I'm gonna brainstorm…think of some interesting favors."

-

The following morning, Jack was out like a rock, and as peaceful as a baby, as a slight bit of drool trickled onto his pillow, leaving Celeste to go about her business without his curiosity just yet. Jack was simply dreaming about himself using his powers and winning over Celeste, and even at some point returning to earth with her and showing her the beauty of his own planet.

"mmmhmmm…"

Due to her own internal clock, Celeste woke up rather early, but decided to sleep in with Jack for a few moments. She knew that it was a bit irresponsible of her to waste away an hour or two of productivity, but the warmth of his chest made it worthwhile to stay. But eventually she finally got up, her usually kept hair looking disheveled. As she sat up, she looked at him, wondering what he could possibly be dreaming, and hoping that they were pleasant.

Getting off her bed and going in another room to change, she went off to do important business, specifically breakfast. After all, they did say that a good day depended on it.

Jack himself was late to breakfast, simply tossing on his t-shirt and walking into the dining room in his bare feet, taking a seat by Celeste, donning messy hair and heavy eyes, as about a dozen or so important looking fellows discussed some government and economical troubles, before turning their attention to Jack alone, ignoring the looks of the others. It was he alone, the self-proclaimed 'Superman of Xanshi' that seemed to begin representing the princess and their campaign with his power and newfound image.

"So…what do you eat here, anyway?" He questioned, sipping a white milky-substance. "Whoa. This stuff's like bubble tea back on Earth…"

Celeste couldn't help but wonder if half of the stares were over Jack not being 'properly' dressed, it was funny how stuck up the royal family could be sometimes. Why, there was even a story about how an uncle was snubbed over liking one flavor of jelly over the other (though the truth of said story was debatable). She couldn't help but be reminded of her father, who would often just throw on his robe and come in for breakfast. Ah, the memories...

"That would be blim, a popular flavoring often used to sweeten up bland drinks, though some like to drink it by itself." she said, putting a plate in front of him, on it was various foods. While they might not have the same tastes, Celeste put some of her favorite breakfast foods on there, "That's cread." she said, pointing to what someone on earth could describe as looking like a honeycomb. Cread would absorb whatever substance was spread on it, much like how waffles could with syrup, "Personally, I'd try the berry jam with it. And that's Thern fruit, I tried to remove most of the thorns..." she began to explain most of the foods on his plate, mostly just naming off what she put on his plate.

"Ohh, thanks… I guess I'd be lost if you didn't tell me…"

As she steadily placed more on his plate and talked about all the different foods and such, he began to feel a bit overwhelmed, stopping her immediately and smiling quickly as not to stir up any aggression. "Thanks, but I think this is more than enough for me, sweetie…" He explained, taking a deep breath, a sip of his blue milk, and began eating up most of the food on his plate.

"Phew…"

(failshortpost *shot*)

Celeste stopped in the middle of a long explanation about a glittery substance. Looking at his plate, she soon realized that he might have more than enough food by now, "Oh, I apologize." she said, putting the piece of food that she had in her hand back, "I suppose I just got a bit ahead of myself, I really should have realized that I was putting enough food to feed a small army on your plate." she said before finally beginning to eat her own breakfast, which had a rather varied selection of foods as well. She usually didn't eat this much at other times, but for whatever the reason she really enjoyed breakfast foods, some have joked that her weight would match her kindness if she always ate like this.

Cooking breakfast. Okay, cool. He'd have to please his new wife and princess by learning how to make amazing breakfasts. That was on the list of things to eventually be done, as he began on his food, only finishing half of it before immediately being stuffed to the brim with some food. The morning sun was beating down on the town, and heat was coming through every possible opening...

"Celeste, do you have a pool? maybe a beach?…" huffed Jack, as the room became warmer at a fair pace.

"In a moment…" Spoke Celeste's uncle. "We're trying to discuss the business of your wife to be's cousin having a potential chance at the throne if need be…"

Of course, Celeste couldn't escape political matters for long, and among the heap of problems, usually other family members getting to the throne was a relatively small one, so it slightly surprised her that it was the topic of discussion. She honestly wouldn't mind giving up the throne if a cousin of hers could do a much better job, if anything she often felt doubts about being able to properly rule.

While she would have loved to take a dip in the royal pool, which even had it's own underwater caverns, or maybe take a trip to the beach with Jack, she intently listened into the conversation, wondering which cousin it was, in fact, why not ask? She politely rose her hand, waiting for her chance to speak, "If I might ask, which cousin would that be, exactly?"

"Zod Spok, of course." Sighed her uncle. "He's been preparing himself for this role. I understand it'd be easier, and it seems best right now to hand over the throne to him, but please consider keeping your place as princess, Celeste."

Then the man could only stop and then remember the reports of Jack and Celeste's speech. How the human desired to use his blessed powers for justice. Perhaps he could use some assistance with the local authorities? There was a special unit that seemed to be almost at his level, all of them together. Perhaps he could learn Xanshian law from them?

"You may have a moment to relax in the cold waters with your lover. You can come with us while we send him to meet our police forces and learn the way of local justice…"

Jack could only gulp at the thought of other super-beings. Or the fact they had a set of laws that may or may not be too strict.

"Awwhhh…hahaha…yeah." He replied, totally used to his own set of laws, being you know, a super hero that worked with the police, not for them. "Let's go for a dip, eh Celeste? I'd love to see your bikini, or whatever you want to call it here?"

Ah, Zod Spok, while she wasn't on bad terms with him, she wasn't exactly on good terms with him either, she could only remember playing with him a few times as a child, she wondered how he might be doing. Perhaps this might be a chance to finally see him again, though there were plenty of relatives that she wasn't well acquainted with, "But my people, they deserve the best, and if he turns out to be the best..." she trailed off. She couldn't really compare herself with a cousin she didn't know much about, she had been preparing herself for the role too, after all.

She nodded at the much needed dip in the cool waters, smiling at Jake, but soon noticed his nervousness. Surely he'd have nothing to worry about, since Xanshi laws were mostly very just and fair in her eyes (though there were a few problem areas, which was only another area of political battles), but maybe Earth laws were looser. If so, she could only hope that it wasn't too chaotic. She gave her lover's hand a squeeze, "I'll go change. The maids can show you where you can get a pair of Aqaur Shorts." she said before going off towards her room.

"Ack-war….Swim Trunks. Right." Mumbled Jack, as he flew over into the room the maids were showing off, and flying back out in seconds, like a reporter in a phone booth, as he zipped off to wait outside of his and the princess's chambers. He felt as though he were wearing MMA shorts or something, a tighter pair underneath made of some soft, yet durable material with cloth over it to cover up, also featuring a couple of pockets. Sort of like something he expected Earth to have in a few more years or so. He looked towards the doorknob, then side to side.

"You dirty pervert. You wet sock you…" He cursed himself, as he kneeled to look through what he assumed was the equivalent to a keyhole.

-

"Zod Spok is clearly the superior option to a love-stricken little girl."

"I second that. He may marry later due to his role as a true prince."

Kaisar was just so angry now, as he took in the responses of the other men at the table. Zod Spok himself was proper, but he could taste a different motive or two, behind the scenes. But how could he sway his senators; his friends from previous wars, into taking his word.

"Could we at least evaluate him? Surely he, like many other heirs in the past for other kingdoms of lesser people, could potentially be mad, or power-hungry in some way, not accusing him however, merely suggesting."

"What's the need? He has governed an entire colony on one of our moons with ease. He has shown little corruption, and many of us have approved of most of his tactics in the field of politics…"

Kaisar sighed; mentally, that is. This would a long day...

Shutting the door of her room, Celeste opened her closet. She ultimately decided on a yellow unumcer (the equivalent being a one-piece) that had frills along the edges of it. She always preferred to be modest, and honestly would have felt uncomfortable wearing a duoni (a bikini to us), and somehow this only sparked controversy with the media claiming that she was just trying to keep an 'innocent image'. She rolled her eyes at remembering that, though at the same time, she could help but giggle at the memory. They'd start something over anything, wouldn't they? Anything to get a good headline... Surely there'd be a media-frenzy over Zod Spok being considered for the role, and of course some of her more 'hardcore' fans would be livid. But if he did get the role, would he cause less controversy? Would they come to like him more than her?

She shook her head, deciding that she should just try to relax while she could, since she'd have to face this later. She slipped down one of her sleeves... only to stop in thought again. She tried to look casual, looking at the other swimsuits like she really couldn't decide, but she felt that she was being watched. It was more of a gut feeling, but even back in the more 'peaceful' days her father had warned her of spies, from nosy reporters to anyone who might be from an enemy planet (they hadn't been in any wars in years, but even Xanshi had it's enemies). Her father said that if she should ever suspect one, then she should just look casual, all while figuring out where they might be looking from... a painting? If so, then their eyes were being disturbingly still. The window was another obvious choice, and while they might have hid as soon as she looked, she couldn't help but doubt that was where they were looking. So that led to...

The keyhole. She wasn't sure about how they got past the guards, but apparently they did, "Oh, I think I forgot to lock the door..." she said, serving as more of a warning to whoever was looking at her. Many modern doors here had locks that didn't require keys, but rather using other, supposedly more convenient methods. However, one might recognize that Celeste's door looked a bit 'older', and while it had modern locks, it also still accepted keys, which she just happened to have. She grabbed a key, sticking it in the keyhole, though purposely didn't stick it all the way through. She didn't want to actually give them an eye-patch, after all. Just scare them off, whoever they were.

Jack immediately pulled his eye away, and hurried off to wait downstairs. No guards were going to bother him at the moment, but the breakfast meeting had ended. Kaisar happened upon the young human lad just as he walked out, the older man staring a moment, before smirking and giving the boy a pat on the back. A nervous Jack just kept his eyes down, blushing to himself as the older man laughed a bit, and began to speak to him.

"So, sampling the royalty, eh?" Kaisar questioned, hoping to test the poor boy for his own amusement.

"Ohhh….yeah. You guys totally use purple too." Replied Jack, chuckling nervously. "Yup, Purple! Haaah…. :D"

"Is that what she was wearing?" Asked the grinning uncle.

Jack was deadly silent, before the two both broke into a laugh together, and began discussing other things, a never-ending cold shiver upon Jack's spine as he attempted to keep himself going, and not be discovered to be a peeping tom. What would Celeste say? She was shaping up to be quite the future wife and immediate girlfriend, and plus, it was really nice living on Xanshi, fighting bad guys and being a superhero of sorts. He'd eventually go back to Earth every now and then, but he had a much deeper personal responsibility to the people, and this could have very well destroyed his entire destiny.

"…The last thing she wore was this frilly one-piece swimsuit." Explained Jack in a low whisper. "It was…yellow."

"Atta' boy. Next time, be honest. We can't have you making your heirs without us knowing and approving. Still, I understand your young hormones…"

And with that, Kaisar ruffled Jack's hair, leaving him to face his lover...

Celeste came out, changed into her yellow, frilly one-piece, and at the moment oblivious to who the 'spy' really was, and that if she wasn't careful she might have accidentally poked her boyfriend's eye out. Grabbing two towels from a nearby bathroom, she went looking for Jack, not taking long to find him downstairs. She caught her uncle ruffling Jack's hair and smiled, glad that they seemed to be bonding, "Ready to go, Jacky?" she asked, her smile unfaltering.

Kaisar immediately scanned Celeste, not immediately thrilled with seeing her in a swimsuit, even a one-piece (He tends to get overprotective like that sometimes, especially when there's a young human boy who may operate on the same hormones as that of a Xanshian boy of Jack's own age). Jack himself nodded to the girl, nearly jumping out of his skin when she touched his hair, as he took her hand and allowed her to lead the way. It was like being in a dream, but he knew he wasn't dreaming….

Celeste sighed a bit at her Uncle's slight approval, taking it that he must have thought she was in a short two-piece, but still, all parental figures tended to be like that at one time or another, Kaisar's look reminded her of the way that her own father would sometimes judge her. Holding Jake's hand, she began to lead him down the hallway, "We won't be gone for too long, I promise!" she said to her uncle, knowing that sooner or later she'd have to get involved in the political issue personally. However, for now, she'd enjoy the time with her boyfriend. She suppressed a giggle; it was still sort of funny to think of him like that, the fact that their relationship had only started from a simple, panicked slip...

She continued to lead him out the castle, and thankfully the beach was within a reasonable walking distance from the castle, though before she walked outside she wrapped a towel around her waist, her modesty getting the best of her.

All the bewildered human could do was to follow her lead, and let her show him the way, so he could find it if he ever had to walk, or fly that way. Regardless, he could not help but consider his girlfriend's attire, and how she was constantly finding some means of covering up a bit. But none the less, he'd gotten his share for the day. The white, almost silver sands stretched across for near eternity, off in the distance being the more public areas. This seemed far more like those parts of the beach you went to alone, or with that special someone. Jack never really saw himself coming here with a girl. Ever. There's a first for everything, though.

"The material for your swimsuits…" He attempted to speak, trying to utter some regular small chat. "…I like it. Like, totes."

Celeste had led him to a more private (and royally owned) part of the beach intentionally, since while she sometimes went out in public, she knew that lately they had been getting a lot of media attention. People would obviously recognize them, and she'd rather not put Jack through a hassle; and she hated to be paranoid of her own people, but in such crowded areas there might be more sly assassins about, here it'd be easier to keep track of each other. With less people meant less pollution, making for clearer waters, whiter sands, and an overall fantastically beautiful area. She thought of taking Jack to see the multicolored creatures underwater sometime.

"Ah, well... I'm glad that it's comfortable for you. The place your from likely has clothes made of different materials, so I'm glad to hear that it's not uncomfy." she said, attempting to keep the conversation going, though it was a bit awkward, "They're made out of Vermare silk, they're essentially worm-like creatures in the sea." Celeste said, "Erm, sorry if I... grossed you out a bit with that." she said, oblivious to what was on Earth, as he was to here.

"Eh, not at all. I could name worse things that have happened to me back home" He assured, stretching the waistband a bit, watching it snap at his waist with a bite devoid of any fangs. He looked over at Celeste, and wondered what her outfit was made of. "I don't really think that often about little things like that. I mean, I remember a thing or two about cotton, which is picked from plants, and my own normal human silk, just from silkworms…Hah…"

"Smooth. Keep talking about bloody clothing when you could be using your powers to impress her. She's your future-wife!" He cursed himself.

Celeste nodded, not quite knowing what cotton was, mainly because it was called something different here, "Ah, interesting." she said, but didn't know where to go from there. Here she was, talking to her boyfriend, and likely future husband, and she was sure that she just drove the conversation into a brick wall.

"The view is great, isn't it?" she said. It wasn't a much better subject, but at least it might be less awkward than what clothes were made of, "Are there such beaches back on Earth, Jack?" she asked, glancing back at the view. Surely there'd be such fantastic views on Earth. She swore that should they figure out the technology to, then they'd visit Earth. Then Jack could show her all the wonders of such a place, and... she shook her head, snapping herself out of the silly daydream.