Helthgard

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you so much Rose. I'll make sure to remember that. Your dog tells you? Does that mean you can talk to animals or something?" He noticed the slight change in her face that became a smile again but didn't say anything. When she mentioned food again he shook his head, "No thank you, for now my hunger is sated. Another thing about my hunger is that it can make me eat a mountain and other times I'll eat a pebble and be fine. It's like my body is tempermental on how much I eat, anyway if you have something to do I don't want to keep you." He smiled at her wondering why he finally found a decent person after so many years of rejection. It didn't make much sense but then again not much else in this world did at times.

"You caught that? Well yes my dogs, cat, any animal really. I can understand them perfectly and they can understand me as well. It's a little strange to some people because i'll forget that other people can't hear them and i'll just be talking away to my dog. Anyways it is late and i've got to get the house ready for this storm. If you need anything i'm upstairs. It's the only room up there. Goodnight Vasner!" Rose turned and started walking out of the room, before she closed the door she said, "You should smile more often. Not many have nice smiles like yours."

"Oh that sounds very interesting, that could be handy as well. I'd help but I'd probably just get in the way since I don't know much of anything with housework." He yawned and realised he was tired on top of everything, "I'll make sure to find you if needed, thanks. Goodnight Rose!" He smiled and waved back and when she was gone he wondered if he had accidentally flirted with her or something without knowing. It was hard to tell since he barely had a grasp on the whole love thing bewteen people. He guessed it would sort itself out one way or another, for now he looked out the window and watched the night grow darker.

There was a thick aura of worry and fear in the air. It confused Anna slightly. The door slowly slammed shut behind her as some people eyed her. Exhaling slightly, mostly to rid of her nervousness she then proceeded to remove her hood. Taking a seat her weapons clanged slightly before a young scruffy man walked up to her. He seemed happy but was cautious of her.

"Rough night it seems." He chuckled as he tried to make simple, fun conversation.

"A little bit yes." If only he knew what she had to go through. She met the man's light brown eyes as he seemed taken back.

"Obviously you are not from around here." He smiled. "I don't think I've ever heard an accent like that." He blushed trying not to be awkward.

Anna smirked with a chuckle. "My roots are from the depths of the far east. Specifically from the city of Temnayalesh, located in the Uriash Paraou reigon. My work requires me to travel far. You won't find many of my people here. We usually aren't wanted much in these areas. Our culture seems difficult for your people to understand; that and certain stereotypes that don't make us sound much better." Anna smiled. "Do you offer rooms here?"

The young man nodded. "The rooms go for eight silver coins a night, breakfast included."

"That is more than reasonable for me. I will take one, but before I go up to my room I would greatly enjoy a fresh pint of ale and perhaps some lunch?"
She stated.

"Coming right up!" The young man sounded excited as he poured her the ale and placed the tankard right in front of her. Walking to the back room he called out to the cook to prepare a dish for Anna.

Nodding in appreciation Anna took a rather large swig from her ale and exhaled in satisfaction. "That definitely hit the spot." She muttered to herself before taking another sip.

After a few pints and a nice amount of food Anna found herself feeling lazy and tired. Paying for everything she owed she made her way to the room that was given to her. Removing all her weapons and excess pieces of clothing she plopped on the bed just as a crack of thunder echoed in the distance. She pondered about the weather as she began to fade to sleep eventually the darkness consumed her and she was running within a world of horrid images and scenes.

Rose busied herself with shutting and locking all of the windows, stoking the fire, putting away the food, and making sure she had enough candles. When she was done she went to the back door to let her animals in. Surprisingly they all rushed quickly into the house and hid under the couch. Rose walked over and sat down beside them, "Is someone going to tell me what's wrong?" Her cat MeMe began to explain how she heard about a sorcerer, a cave, and a magical sigil from a little birdy. "Times are about to become harder than ever." Rose muttered to no one in particular.

She had been awoken by a sharp pain running down her spine, a sickening sound following. Sitting up slowly her head pounded as everything seemed to assault her senses within the same instant. All the sounds faded in together and caused her head to hurt even more. All the scents entered her nose at the same time, causing confusion. Standing up she stumbled slightly before grabbing a hold of the bed frame. Gritting her teeth she held back a scream of pain, replacing it with a growl of annoyance and frustration.

Gathering her things she quickly left the room, not bothering to fasten anything. Stumbling down the stairs, pain evident in her face she soon left the inn and stumbled out to the front, the streets empty, the night dark, the moon not evident but it's influence could be felt within her bones. She finally let out a small scream as the pain almost caused her to fall to the ground. Growling loudly in frustration she straightened herself up and continued forward. "Bloody curse..." She hissed. Sickening sounds of bones cracking and breaking echoed through her ears as the pain slowly began to intensify, becoming almost unbearable. She wasn't far enough so she continued on until she was satisfied with the distance. Her clothes had begun tearing already, unfortunately she hadn't the time to remove them before she was forced on hands and knees. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she let out shrill screams of pain. She had managed to enter a small part of the forest just behind the inn. She hoped that she wouldn't be found or heard much. Her back rose in an arch as fabric tore down the line of her spine; bones raising, forming small ridges along her back.

The pain was evident in her voice and face as she whimpered, screamed, winced and whined. It was clear to anyone that could be watching that she was indeed suffering by tremendous amounts of pain. Bones were breaking, reshaping...ready to serve their purpose in a new form, becoming able to support the predator that was being built. Muscles expanded, the fabric unable to constrain the rapid growth as it was torn apart, shreds littering the area surrounding Anna's changing body. Internal organs grew as her body expanded, some completely changing their structure to accommodate the beast. Her cries and screams of pain turned into more animalistic whines and whimpers. Fingernails cracked open, blood pooling out as claws pushed through and replaced the human fingernails. Teeth were forced out in a similar manner as fangs took their place, blood dripping from her mouth.

The beast that Anna was now within stayed in the same position...on hands and knees as it panted. The creature was double the size of Anna, who already was a tall lean, well built woman. Slowly standing up the beast used a nearby tree for slight support, the dizziness still receding. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness as she scanned her surroundings. Her breaths husky as she took in the scents around her. Throwing her head back she let out a long, menacing yet satisfactory sounding howl, a warning to others as well that she was on the hunt...crossing her path would not lead one to a good end.

Vasner sat up straight completely awake, he had fallen asleep while looking out the window and some noise had waken him up. He listened as it died out and was able to tell it was a howl of some creature. Were wolves going to hunt? No there was only one howl and no reply, something else was out there. He got up off the bed and went to the window and looked outside. The sky was dark with no stars or the moon shining because of the clouds still hanging around. His eyes widened as he looked down and spotted multiple undead walking outside, there were also a couple creatures he did not recognize near the trees and bushes. Fear filled him and he slowly walked out of his room not wanting to make any noise.

He went around to the windows and doors to make sure they were closed tight and locked. Vasner didn't want anything getting into this house without letting it in himself. The next thing on his mind was to check on Rose and make sure she was safe. He went upstairs to check if she was in her room.

Rose was woken by a strange howling noise. She knew at once that it had not come from a regular wolf because she had talked to them before and knew what they sounded like. No. This had to be something much, much worse. She wondered if Vasner had heard the sound as well. She was still facing the window when she heard a knocking on her door. Not sure if it was Vasner or not she grabbed the poker from the fireplace and swung the door wide open holding it up above her head.

Vasner jumped back when he saw that Rose had the poker and since she opened the door so fast, "Hey it's just me!" He walked into her room after she lowered the poker and went to the window and pointed, "Something is going on outside....something bad....I'm not sure what we should do." He watched outside as the undead kept moving every which way, some of the unrecognizable creatures had moved about as well.

Rose put the poker back in its place. "Oh thank goodness! I didn't know if it was you at the door or something else." Rose joined him at the window. "Those things give me the creeps." She said as she hugged herself and shivered. "How long do you think they will down there?" Rose looked at Vasner with wide eyes filled with fear.

"I have no idea, hopefully they will be gone once the sun comes up. I wonder what time it is anyway?" Vasner pulled his gaze from the window to Rose's eyes and hoped he didn't mirror the same fear she had. He then looked at the poker and around the room and tried to figure out if there was any way to make weapons out of what they had. A bang was heard from downstairs, another and then another. The undead were trying to get inside and there were monsters on the roof waiting to pounce. "Shoot I thought they would just keep to themselves and not do much else."

An idea popped into Rose's mind. "Wait one second. I'll be right back." Rose ran to her closet and began to rummage through it. "Found it!" she said as she pulled a medium sized hand mirror out that had a large black skull on the back of it. "I never thought I would get use this. But this should at least take care of one of our problems."

"What is that? A magic mirror or something?" Vasner looked at the mirror unable to tell if it had magic bestowed on it or if there was something else it had in it.

"Well in Greek mythology ,which really isn't mythology at all because it's all true, Artemis is the goddess of the hunt and animals and such. She's my mother which is why i am able to talk to animals. This mirror," she said as she held it closer for him to see," will allow me to talk to my uncle Hades and he should be able to get the undead away." she said the last part with more enthusiasm than she felt.

Vasner took a closer look, "Huh that will be useful, lets just hope the other creatures don't try to get in afterwards." He wondered if the monsters would actually go away when the sun came out.

"That would be awful. Do you know how to use a bow and arrow?" Rose asked before turning back to the mirror. She began to speak to it in fluent Greek. A few minutes later the banging at the door had ceased.

"Yes it would be awful. I've never tried but I could give it a shot. Do you have one?" He listened as she spoke in the foriegn tounge and was amazed that she was actually able to stop the undead. He looked out the window and all the undead had left the area, but not the monsters like he thought.

"Yes I have several. Mom is the goddess of the hunt, remember?" she winked before going downstairs and coming back up holding several different sized bows. "Here. Try these out." She said as she laid them all out on the bed.

"Haha I guess that was obvious. Wow these all look amazing, but maybe that's because I don't see many weapons." he took each bow and weighed it in his hands making sure it wouldn't be too heavy for him. He finally found one that was the perfect size and weight. "This one will do just fine, thanks. Should we investigate or wait till morning?"

"I guess we should go now. They might be gone in the morning and then we may not find any answers" she said as she picked up her own bow and a quiver of arrows. "Ready?" She said as she took a deep breath and started towards the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.