Helthgard

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hm hopefully answers are all we find. I guess I'm ready as I'll ever be." He picked up a quiver for himself and put it on his back. He followed as closely as he could and then got in front. Once they were down stairs he went to the front door and paused, "Here we go!" He slowly opened the door and stepped outside. Nothing happened and it was too quite, like something was going to happen. No monsters could be seen either, "I've got a bad feel about this...."

"It seems a little too quite to me." Rose said as she took out one of her arrows and set it up just in case. "Where do you think they all went? They were just here a minute ago." She said more to herself then to Vasner. Rose let out a low whistle and soon a bird landed on her shoulder. After a brief chat Rose nodded and the bird flew away.

Vasner set an arrow as well but didn't think he would be able to use it effectivley. "Hm I wonder that as well...." Some monsters were on top of the roof and others were just hiding in the bushes, but Vasner didn't know so he slowly stepped out into the open. As he did a monster pounced on him from above and knocked him down. The monster jumped off and prepared to attack again knowing Vasner couldn't defend himself now, he was easy game. Vasner scrambled back trying to get his bow and arrow ready.

Rose saw the monster jump from the roof but before she could say anything he had already knocked Vasner down and was preparing to attack him. Quick as a flash Rose sent three arrows right into back of the beast effectively killing it. After the monster was down Rose ran over to Vasner, "Are you alright?" she asked kneeling down to check and see if she could see any wounds.

Vasner got up, "Yeah I'm fine, just a little shaken from that....sorry I guess I won't be as much help as I thought..." 10 more of the same monsters jumped down surrounding Rose and himself. "Shoot....what now?" His bow was under one of the monsters and all he had were the arrows. Out of nowhere a screeching noise in Vasner's head went off and he fell to his knees yelling, "AHH MY HEAD!" After a few seconds he passed out and fell on his side. The monsters closed in after that happaned.

Rose began to panic a little as she noticed that Vasner had passed out. "What will i do now?" Rose took a deep breath and Vasner's arrows. She began to shoot each monster as quickly as she could. Even though the arrows were not killing them they were buying her time. Rose whistled louder this time hoping against hope that the bears and wolves that lived in the area would help her. She began to shoot off another round of arrows as a monster knocked her down and began clawing at her chest. Just then she heard a rustling from the woods as she continued to try and fight off the monster.

Vasner's body got up and acted on it's own with eyes closed, it kicked the monster off of Rose. Then it started fighting off the monsters as they attacked indivdually. There was no specific fighting style but his body was able to block attacks and counter easily. The monsters decided to attack together and Vasner had a bit more trouble fighting them off.

Rose watched for a moment stunned by the fact that Vasner's body was moving on its own. "Well i'll be..." She said before shaking herself out of being stunned long enough to help Vasner finish off the rest of the monsters. Before she knew what was happening the ground was rushing up to meet her and she fell into unconsciousness.

Vasner's body picked up Rose after she fell unconscious and they had finished the monsters. He carried her back into the house and locked the door. He put her on the couch and stood in front of her to make sure nothing would hurt her. In Vasner's mind he was awake in a completely white room with nothing around. There was nothing and he wondered what was going on, the last thing he remembered was the loud noise in his head.

MeMe noticed that Rose was unconscious and hurt so she gathered the other animals and found Rose's stash of ambrosia. Roxy ,Rose's german shepherd wolf, brought over the ambrosia and began to scoop little pieces in his mouth and transfer it into hers. He continued to do this until it was all gone. While Roxy fed Rose, MeMe got a rag and cleaned Rose's wounds.

Eventually the beast that Anna now was managed to stand up straight without the support of the nearby tree. Preparing to lunge forward and begin her hunt. Sounds entered her ears, approaching footsteps, light and gentle. Hiding within a bush she tried to remain out of site as a male approached her clearing; where her torn clothes laid. She growled lowly as the young human male came closer, fear and caution in his eyes. Preparing herself she sprung forward, hoping to nail the young man to the ground. She was happy that she didn't have to hunt...the prey came to her.

Lunging through the bushes she landed upon nothing and growled in frustration and slight annoyance, a subtle stinging pain in her shoulder. Standing up straight a low growl rumbled in her throat as she reached for the small blade that protruded from her shoulder. Yanking it out she grunted and scanned the area for her prey. 'He moves fast.' Clenching her jaw tightly she roared as a challenge to the man. To stop cowering and fight like the man he was. Anna's ears twitched in random directions, picking up millions of sounds, loud and subtle. There was a small array of sounds that did not belong. She snorted and turned her head slightly to the side, barely glancing over her shoulder. Spotting the the man, who was crouched crouched within a tree. Snarling she turned around at a great pace and roared as she reached towards him.

Wrapping a hand around his ankle she pulled him down from his spot and pinned him with one hand. She moved her face closer to his, saliva dripping from her jaw. Another low rumbling growl came from her throat. She was consumed in his scent, the smell of his blood causing her to want to rip into him and bathe in his blood. A sharp twinge shot through her stomach. It caused a distraction as she looked down at another blade protruding from her body. Letting go to remove the sword she gave the man another opening. Roaring in annoyance she stood up and looked down upon the man who seemed so fragile next to her. A low growl began to form before she lunged and pinned him once more. Anna could definitely satisfy herself with his flesh and blood. Their faces were almost touching as she forced more weight upon his shoulders. Making sure to cause him pain.

She could see it in his eyes, the fear and agony. Who was this man, why was he fighting her? The thought confused her as she continued to stare into his light brown eyes. Bringing her claws back she prepared to attack him; he ears twitched in the opposite direction as she could hear shuffling steps. Relaxing the arm that was ready to attack she looked behind her, a ghoul stumbled out of the thick shrubbery. Making a sound of confusion her large figure released the pressure from the man as she stood up. The undead corpse shuffled closer, the rotting stench following it as Anna wrinkled her nose, a sound of disgust escaping her.

"Dear god what is that...?!" The young man's voice caused Anna to turn and look at him with a low growl. He stepped back intimidated by her. She watched him reach for his sword as he prepared to fight, his hands shaking.

Looking back at the corpse Anna lunged at it, tearing it to shreds. The flesh was dirty and rotten, the blood thick and cold. A kill she truly did not enjoy. Now that that threat was gone though she returned to the man. She witnessed him impale one and proceed to decapitate it. Looking around she began to realize that they were being surrounded, their stench engulfing them. Slowly she began attacking and tearing apart the corpses, the man also fighting behind her.

The white room in Vasner's mind turned gray and then black as he became conscious again. His body fell to the floor and he lay there only for a minute or two. Then he opened his eyes, sat up and looked around, "How did I get inside? Rose are you ok?" He asked not knowing she was unconscious and he also wondered why her animals were around her like that. "I am so confused right now....I'm just going to check the windows and doors for now." He did just that, checking and making sure they were still locked.

Rose slowly started to awaken from unconscious state to find all of her animals around her and her wound semi-healed. She looked around for Vasner but did not see him anywhere. She tried to sit up but the pain in her chest would not allow it, so she settled back into the couch and waited to see if Vasner appeared anywhere. "I wonder what was going on when he started screaming earlier." she thought to herself.

Vasner stood at a window for a while trying to figure out what happened, he didn't remember anything. His body felt a little sore but he thought that was just from the monsters attacking. He decided to walk back to Rose and see how she was doing. When he got there he saw she was awake and saw her wounds, "Wow your animal friends really come in handy don't they? I didn't realize it before that they had treated your wounds. Anyway, do you know what happened out there?"

"Yeah they are really handy." Rose said as she affectionately rubbed each of her animals heads. "And about what happened out there, you said something about your head and then you passed out. The monsters started attacking and all of a sudden you got up and started fighting them. Except you weren't awake, it was like your body had a mind of its own. After that we defeated all of the monsters, i passed out, and now here we are."

"Weird....that's similar to my stomach having a mind of its own....does my whole body have a mind of its own?" Vasner thought on why and how this happened, even if his body acted on its own how could it fight? He didn't know any fighting styles and he never cared to learn self defense. Maybe his body could just heighten its senses and be able to fight really well?

"I'm not sure. It was pretty strange but very helpful. Without you i'm not sure we would have survived." Rose said before getting up to go check on her chest wound. "Hopefully this has healed by now but man does it still hurt!" she said quietly to herself. When she reached her other guest room she took off her shirt to examine the wound only to find it still bleeding slightly. She redressed it, put on a clean shirt, and went back out to join Vasner.

When Rose came back he said, "You are a more than capable fighter I'm sure! I only saw you shoot and kill one monster but that was enough to show me you have a lot of talent." He said with a smile wanting to convince her she did more work since he didn't think he did anything. His mind jumped to something and he said, "Hey in the morning we should go into town and warn the people about the undead and monsters!"

"Thanks..." Rose said with a smile even though she was still not fully convinced that she did much of anything. "Do you think anyone will believe us though? I mean that may be kind of hard for people to believe especially because we have no proof to show them." she said walking over to put a kettle over the fire. "How are we going to explain it to them?"

"Well if the monsters haven't been eaten we could take one if them. No one has seen monsters is centuries, I thought they were completely gone from this wold." He went to a window to see if the monsters were still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.