Helthgard

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmm... It should be down this way correct?" -On the road into the city; baron and dry, a single figure strode down on foot kicking up loose sand or dirt along the path. The figure was made out to be that of a man, though still in late stages of adolescence; broadening shoulders, a height of around six foot at the most, though he kept his girth under control, he was more slim around the waist, but not deathly skinny, but also not over muscular though it was difficult to depict beforehand from the loosely worn clothes that draped on the shoulders and limbs. He wore rather offsetting clothing compared to the norm of the city. They seemed specially tailored; a pair of leggings made of some black dyed fabric that also matched the attire covering his torso. It hung by his shoulders parted in the center revealing a normal vest, though it not only covered his upper body, it draped down his back to about mid-calf but this area was more worn a lighter black from the kicked up sand staining it. Lanced through a notch on his leggings, a sword swayed following the walking pattern keeping it firmly in place that held, obviously a sword that was rather thin and abnormal. He was no mere commoner, he appeared to have a greater status, but the demeanor on his face he had was expressionless though he was overwhelmed, this was his first time in a city that wasn't his own. He had on one hand a small booklet with pages among pages of what significance he encountered on his voyage. Many people in the city he noticed would brush his existence aside as if he were common trash because of his expression along with the title he portrayed.- "Damn.. Does everyone hate me? Even the food stalls around here wouldn't sell me anything.." –He peeked up from his book rubbing the nape of his neck in anguish for something to eat only to come across a few people eating bread and gathered together that someone was selling some, but he didn't know which one around.- "Umm.. Is there someone selling any food here?" –He called into the small group ignoring the others passing by except the ones finding him to be insane to raise his voice out randomly with such a question.-

Hazel stepped back and motioned wordlessly to the vendor.

Gwendolyn sighed. She was going to have lunch soon, and her mother would be taking over the stall afterwards, since she had no siblings. She looked around to see if there were still some people who wanted to buy, and noticed that the sky was slowly turning a dark shade of grey. "Weird weather, only in Helthgard," she muttered.

"This weather.....even if its a local thing you can tell those clouds didn't form naturally....there is...something mystical and ominous about them." Vasner got up and started eating his last loaf. He walk towards the small group and said to them all, "head home or to the inn....something wrong is going to happen." He turned and looked st the sky trying to figure out what's happening.

Somewhere in a cave a sorcerer had discovered a magical sigil that had been hidden away to never be touched again. He had found the crave by accidentally blowing up a small area while practicing. He had ventured and and when he found the sigil he decided to try and activate it. The second his magic touched it the sigil sucked all his magic and life force into it. He fell dead and this started the resurrection of monsters, first a gloom like no other would cover the world, then at night animals would morph and the undead would come out of the ground everywhere. It was the start of some dark times everywhere.

-He smiled lightly, though still disheartened by the reaction from the person who replied to his whim.- "Excuse me ma'am?" -He stepped forward to the woman the other had told was the vendor.- "Might you have any bread left to sell?" -He smiled lightly forcing it from his churning stomach ruling his expressions.- "I promise I have the money." -He reached into a small pouch pulling out about seven silver pieces. He overheard something about the weather being mentioned in the midst of his pleading as he didn't pay much mind thinking of it only as a simple "Fine weather today", but as he looked up something felt off to him only to return to the gurgling in his stomach.-

Hazel headed off in search of the local inn. She found one near the edge of town named The Stormy Knight. Pictured on its signpost was a coat of arms featuring a rain cloud and a lightning bolt. As she entered, a slim young man was bolting the shutters on the windows. She walked past him and went to the middle aged woman at the bar who seemed to be in charge.
"How much for a room tonight?" she asked.
"Eight silver, and it comes with breakfast," said the woman, "You new around here?"
"Just passing through. Eight for a room and a meal is a good deal. Should I be concerned?"
"Rooms aren't much, but clean. Food's not much, but filling. If that doesn't suit you, there's always The Swan down the road."
"Here is fine," said Hazel. She handed over her eight silver and retrieved a key for the room.

Vasner had no more jewels or money of any kind and had no where to go so he decided to ask, "Do any of you have a roof I could stay under just until this weather clears up?" He scanned thier faces hoping that one would help him. Something bad was going to happen, either a storm or something else and he didn't want to be caught in it.

Rose overheard the man with the sapphire tell everyone about the storm. As she was mentally making a list of supplies and checking it off in her head, she heard the same gentleman ask if anyone had a roof he could stay under. Rose turned to the man and held out her hand to shake, "Hi i'm Rose. I do not live far from here. You are more than welcome to stay at my house. It's not very big but it is warm and comfortable." She offered up a genuine smile as she waited for his response.

Vasner smiled, took Rose's hand and shook it, "Thank you so much Rose! I'm Vasner, it's very nice to meet you. You should give what bread you have to that man and then we should be off." He was grateful that she would help him, he wasn't sure if everyone else had a place to go but it didn't matter much to him. The sky had gotten even darker and it seemed that some unnatural night had fallen everywhere. Leaving as soon as possible would be the best thing that happened to him in a long time.

Rose turned toward the man that Vasner mentioned and handed him a loaf of bread. "Enjoy!" Rose turned toward Vasner and said, "Follow me we should be there in a few. You do not look like you are from around here. Are you just passing through?" she asked as she began to walk in the opposite direction of the bread seller. As she walked she looked toward the sky to see how long they had before the storm started.

(OOC: I am sorry I got confused but lets just say Vasner was forgetful and thought Rose was the bread seller girl lol)

"Yes I am a on a pilgrimage, traveling everywhere and anywhere to find my way." He followed her and wondered what he would do after this storm or whatever it is passed. He was curious of one other thing, "So how long have you lived here? And who lives in your house? And are you sure I won't be an inconvenience?" It might have been his nervousness about the clouds but he didn't usually ask so many questions of anyone.

(OOC: hehe ok!)

"I have lived here all of my life, which would be about nineteen years. It was my brother and I but he moved away to a city closer to the castle. So now it is just me and the animals. I hope you don't mind dogs and cats." She said as they rounded one more corner before coming to stop in front of small three bedroom cottage. It was white with red trim everywhere and roof made of dark brown wooden shingles. There were about nine windows in total too.

"Oh I see, animals are fine by me. As long as there aren't a huge horde that'll suffocate me in my sleep or something haha." Vasner made that horrible joke just to try and lighten his mood. He had never had a feeling of unease this strong before. He kept smiling to hide his unease however because he didn't want it to seem weak in any way to this new acquaintance. He went to the door and opened it without waiting, "Well shall we go in?" He gestured with his hand for Rose to go first.

"Thank you." Rose said and went inside. She sat her basket of groceries down on a small table and begin to walk around the room and light candles. "There are only three dogs and a cat and they mostly stay with me. Your room is right here." she said after walking down a short hallway and opening the first door on the right. Rose could tell that Vasner was a little nervous by the look in his eyes even though he hid it very well.

"You're welcome Rose." Vasner closed the door, followed Rose and went into his room, "I'm surprised the cat and dogs get along. Or do they fight? You know I've never really stayed anywhere quite like this. Maybe it's because I just never stay anywhere." He sat on the bed and looked around his room even more, taking in everything.

(OOC: You are welcome to decide how the room looks. [if you want.] )

"Just over who gets to jump in my bed first." Rose laughed and began to build a fire in the small fireplace. "I hope you like the room. It's not much but it is comfortable. Ummmm..... I hope you don't mind me asking but....why don't you stay anywhere?" she asked nervously.

(OOC: Hm I'll try to haha)

"Oh I see, I guess that's a typical pet thing." The room was simple with a few paintings here and there. There were little figurines on the only window sill and on top of the fireplace. There was a small old fashioned clock that hung on the wall in front of the bed. It may be simple but it was more than he was used to since he didn't and hadn't lived anywhere for a long while.

"Well I guess it's not something easy to explain so to speak. I guess I'm just not someone who can fit in anywhere, possibly because of how I....eat. You see I can eat anything and it will become nutrients for my body. I don't know how or why but it doesn't really matter to me. Do you find that weird at all?"

Rose considered what he said for a moment before responding, "Well it's not exactly something you hear every day. But gosh that would certainly be helpful in times of trouble. I'm actually a little envious of you."

"Yeah so far I haven't found anyone with my kind of situation. It does come in handy but since I can't settle down I'm not able to make money to buy cooked meals and eating raw things isn't very appitizing. But over all I'm quite glad I was blessed with this gift." He looked Rose over quickly just to get a mental image that would stay with him so he could locate Rose again if he needed to. He only looked quickly so he didn't seem like a pervert or something. He looked out the window at the clouds and gloom that still stood over everything.

Rose smiled and replied, "Well Vasner, you are always welcome in my home if you ever stop in this town again. Cooked meals are always tastier than raw ones...at least that's what my dogs tell me." Rose's face turned sad at the mention of cooked meals, which may have seem very strange, so she quickly smiled again and asked, "Speaking of food, I know you had bread but would you care for anything else?"

Status
Not open for further replies.