Heartless

"I know what a paid vacation is." He looked over. "But, whateber you want to do. I don't mind." He wished at that moment he wanted to smile... but then his face... didn't really move more then a twitch. Hmph. Oh well.

"So... this saturday... around eleven? Where would we meet up? I'll bring the picnic..."

"Ah, how about at Chidorigafuchi Park, and I'll rent the boat?" Harken offered, looking over at Belle and noticing he wasn't smiling... not even a little. He choose to ignore it, for now.

"That way, we can see the Cherry Blossom trees while we picnic in the boat."

"That sounds good." He got up with a soft grunt, his back popping. "And now I really should go do my job or it will be that much harder to do tomorrow." And he turned, heading to the door, his black ears drooping and tail dragging as he pulled out his headband and slid it onto his head to push back his bangs. "Have a nice night." And he was gone.

"Oh, um, you too!" Harken shouted back, his ears dropping when the teen was gone.
"Yeah, nice night," he mumbled. Not even a smile, or a hug, or a 'see you in school, Harken,' just... have a nice night... Harken though in dismay. Maybe Belle would've just felt bad saying 'no' so he's going just to make him happy... Harken shook his head, trying to rid himself of the negative thoughts.

He trudged into class halfway through second hour looking horrible, his lip split, his eye black, and his arm in a sling. He flopped into his seat with a wince, dropping his backback and promptly went to sleep on his desk, a few bruises peeking out of his neck.

Harken's eyes followed Belle all the way to when he sat down.
"Belle, what happened? Are you okay?" he asked, worried for his date.

His ears twitched and he woke up slightly, aching all over and peeked out. "Long night." He murmured, his voice rough and gravelly. He really didn't feel like talking, not having slept at all thanks to the scum he'd run in to on his way home from his second job. "Please lave me alone." And then he was asleep again, hoping a nap would help restore his energy a little.

Harken''s ears dropped.
"O-Okay," he nodded, turning back to the class. Whenever somebody told him to leave them alone, he always felt sad. He decided to take some notes for Belle so he could sleep, at least until the end of this class.

He groaned weakly when the sound of the bell made his aching head throb. He slowly sat up, blinking tiredly and glanced over at Harken, feeling a little bad. But he'd really needed that...

"Sorry about that. I came from work to school. I barely had time to change and grab my things." He felt gross from not having a chance to shower. "Sorry if I smell really bad." He looked up and the board and could tell he'd missed out on a lot of things he'd probably need to know... Great...

"Ah, no! No problem! Um... here, I-I took notes for you," Harken mumbled, handing him the papers.
"Uh, I-I hope they're okay."

His lips twitched, muscles in his face hurting horribly all of the sudden as he took the papers. How kind. "Thank you. I'd really need these." He was very happy and felt a lot of his stress fade. He had note now, very legible, neat and easy to understand notes. Unlike his jumbled confusing ones with his shitty handwriting. His eyes were full of warmth. He'd really missed these kind things... he'd not had any stress releif for awhile now...

Harken smiled, happy he was able to help Belle. Well, more like... over-joyed. The noticed the very, very small smile, almost un-noticeable, but he saw it, and it made butterflies in his stomach.
"I-I just... I want to help you in any way I can, and... well, yeah," he stuttered, unable to find the right words.
"So, um... you ready for lunch?"

"Yeah sure." He mumbled and then realized then that he hadn't had any time to make himself lunch, or eat dinner, or breakfast... damnit... He sighed. "See you outside." Then he was gone to maybe sleep a little more and hope his stomache wouldn't cramp to much from hunger.

Harken nodded, walking out of the room and to the cafeteria, getting his tray of food and walking out to find Belle.
"Hey! Where's your food?!" he asked, sitting down. He realized Belle probably didn't have any.
"Here," he said, setting his tray in front of the teen.
"I don't need it, I eat enough as it is..." he smiled.

"No, you should eat your meal, you paid for it." He moved the tray in front of the other, not wanting to be charity case. If he was an idiot and forgot to do something, he'd just have to deal with it.

Harken glared and hit Belle on the back of his head.
"No. We're dating now, so I'm going to help you, and I don't care what you say about it, understand?" Harken said, his voice stern, but the unsure blush was evident.
"Now, take the food, and you can just pay me back on our date," he smiled.

His ears flattened at the smack, ready to punch him in the face but he calmed a bit and reluctantly took the tray, eating a small portion of it before pushing it back. "I'm not starving, you have some too."

"Alright," Harken nodded, taking the apple a biting into it. When he looked over at Belle, he sighed.
"Um.... I was wondering... do you actually want to go on the date with me, or did I just seem so desperate, you couldn't say no?" he asked, looking down at the apple in his hands.

"Both. I've never dated in my life before and I guess it might be nice once I get it all figured out." He looked up at the sky. "If you couldn't tell, I'm not a people person at all."

"Eheh... yeah, I kind of guessed. But... so... was it really me, or you just wanting to go on a date with someone... what if it were a girl that asked you?" he asked, biting his lip.