Heartless

"I would've said no. They are very obnoxious, like birds that chitter all day or just mope." His ears flattened, remembering how they all fawned over him obnoxiously, calling him a prince just because he'd come from fance originally.

"I'd have probably made her cry too, just so she'd blab it all to her friends and then they'd leave me alone."

Harken couldn't help but laugh.
"Well, then... what if it was an other guy?"

"I would have punched him becuase he would have most likely been put up to it." It'd happened before. "Bunch of assholes."

"So, it is just me? Well, that's a relief! I feel better now... so... what do you want to talk about?"

"I don't have anything to talk about." He mumbled, rolling a little to keep pressed off of the cuts on his back.

"Oh.... um, then.... ah! You wanna come over after school? My dad's not home, and my uncle has your new glasses for you, so...." he trailed off, scratching his ear thoughtfully.

His glasses! Finally! He nodded a little, tail flicking with happiness. "Thank you for getting me a new pair so quickly." He bowed his head a little in gradditude, even if the idiot was the one to break them and then without them make it impossible to see well...

He rubbed at a handprint bruised onto his wrist and sighed. But maybe they would've been broken in the scuffle or something. And without this kid he'd be lost for a very long while...

Harken smiled, noticing the visible changes in Belle's appearance. He seemed happier now.
"So, um.... we should get to the next class now, don't cha think?" he asked

"I'd actually rather not go to them for once." His head was throbbing and his neck hurt from laying strait down. "I'll just go home. And when school gets out I can come meet you by this tree and we can go to your place." Maybe he could eat something, patch himself up a little more and rest. He'd really love that.

"Ah, okay, that's fine... um, you need someone to pick you up? I can call my mom and she'll help you out..." Harken offered, getting to his feet.

"No, that's fine. I can walk." He got up, dusting himself off. "See you later." He walked off slowly until he reached his house, calling out his greetings in french even though he was sure they weren't home. "Like it matters." He mumbled and trudged up to his room and flopped down, forgetting to set his alarm.

Harken nodded and waved his goodbyes, then heading off to class. The rest of his day was... boring, to say the least. He found hardly anyone to talk to, and not many even tried to talk. By the end of the day, he was ready to see Belle, then go home. When the last bell rang, he shot out of his seat, collecting his things quickly, and running out to the tree. He plopped down and waited, having not seen Belle on his way out.
"He's probably just... walking, or something," he mumbled to himself, even after most of the others had left, except for the kids who had after-school activities.

He jolet awake at tehs ound of a door slamming downstairs and he glanced at his alarm clock, swearing. It was six! School got out three hours ago! He jumped up, wincing when he pulled on his injured shoulder and hurriedly tugged on some jeans, sighing in frustration when he couldn't get his chirt on again and just snagged a wife beater, running downstairs and stuffing his feet in his shoes before hurriedly running down the street to the school, panting for breath as he got there and hurried to the tree, feeling his heart flutter a bit as he saw a figure... napping under the tree and felt his lips twitch in a way that made his cheeks hurts when he saw it was Harken.

He knelt down, taking a moment to breathe and cool off in the shade, not enjoying how warm it was getting again and attempted to pull on his shirt again, giving up when he couldn't get his arm through and huffed, ears flattening against his head. He really didn't like to be nude like this, feeling a bit embarrassed about his body. People liked it, but he felt weird, being well muscled in a lean way. And then the bruises... Harken seemed like a nosey person...

Harken had long since fallen asleep while waiting for Belle. He was curled up, tail wrapped around his legs, ear flat, and hands propping his head off the ground. He groaned, sub-consciously, at how hard the ground was, rolling over the release the pressure on his arm, putting it onto the other arm.

He noticed when he ran into something solid, but not hard, like the tree. He sighed happily, moving closer, the warmth being very welcoming.
"Mfg," he grumbled, slowly waking up after a few minutes, blinking his eyes to get rid of the sleep, and sitting up, stretching lazily. He looked over and saw Belle, smiling softly.
"Hey... um, I waited, like you said," he informed, chuckling at how obvious it was. He pulled out his phone and saw he had a few missed calls, all from his father, then he saw the time. Three hours.... ​he thought to himself.

He looked down with a sad gleam in his eye. "I'm very sorry. I didn't set my alarm so I never woke up..." He felt very guilty for not setting his alarm, his ears flat against his head and tail curled up around his body. "I hope you will forgive me..."

"Oh, I don't mind! I mean it's not like you forgot me, so it's fine." he said, smiling as best he could. He was upset, but he didn't mind. At least Belle had a reason. He looked over and hugged the teen.
"I forgive you," he mumbled, smiling softly, before letting go and getting up.
"You ready to go?" he asked, sending his father a text to let him know that they had been "out & about".

"Yes." He got up and stretched, blushing when he realized he was just in his jeans, and sighed. Whatever right? Harken was his boyfriend after all... The thought made his chest tighten a little. So... that meant he wasn't going to judge him or anything... The thought made him very happy and his small smile actually stayed for longer then a twitch.

Once Harken received and answer from his father, he grabbed Bell's hand and took him down the hill, towards the neighborhood. It was a short cut to where he lived. He walked straight down the street until he was forced to turn left, coming to a club house. He walked around it, coming out to the main street and crossing, seeing as the cars were all stopped do to traffic. Once across, he sighed, walking slowly down the sidewalk. His neighborhood was the one directly in front, a high in-come neighborhood.
"Remember, my dad can't know. He isn't really... accepting, of something like this," he sighed.

"That's fine, neither are my parents. Of any relationship I'd ever have..." He wondered what they would do if he told them he'd made a friend for the first time in his life and then at the end of the day, the boy was his boyfriend. That was... rather quick? Did it always happen like that? "Why did you ask me out?"

"Hn? Ah... your cute, and you seemed to be a nice person, having a hard, so I wanted to help. It was like... infatuation, then I saw you at my fathers work, and figured that you were the "poor, over-worked, smart kid that needs a fucking break" and decided to ask you out then..." Harken explained, blushing as he did so.
"I-Is that okay? Do you not want to go out anymore?" he asked worriedly.