HeartLands : Adoptables / RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm okay.. i'm just really drawing a blank on what type of power would be good as a first power T.T

Look back through the ones others have made up, think about your element, and think about pokemon =P or any other game that has growing skills that mature with character age/level/experience.

you have water element, so perhaps start with a 'walk on water' or 'healing' or something from this list, though it would have to start out small and relatively weak so it could be built on/up

And Finished the Glen image

<.<

is not happy with it still but I feel I am murdering it the longer i play with it

-facexdesk-

Lesson for today much more study needed for scenery images.

Updated the LOCATIONS TAB on the Second Post - scroll down past the main map - Will also now replace the image on our IC ^.^

*hums trying to figure out what to do with her character*

So I swore I put the IC on watch but apparently I didn't... I'll get my butt in gear now.

Reactions: Solunae
No one's gonna know for you >.< just keep reading through other's sheets for ideas. See where their ideas came from and how it all fits together :D

No one's gonna know for you >.< just keep reading through other's sheets for ideas. See where their ideas came from and how it all fits together :D
hmmm well i kind of made him to be an opposite... *she frowns* a protector of sorts? i'm just trying to figure out how to make that work and not be overpowered T.T

Hmmmm - the best way to ensure you are not overpowering an ability is by limiting the range of the ability and hampering the amount of damage it does. You being water element and wanting to use something more protective could create water barriers of sorts, but of course to ensure it's not over powered say after X amount of hits the barrier crumbles ... or errr sloshes away.

Hmmmm - the best way to ensure you are not overpowering an ability is by limiting the range of the ability and hampering the amount of damage it does. You being water element and wanting to use something more protective could create water barriers of sorts, but of course to ensure it's not over powered say after X amount of hits the barrier crumbles ... or errr sloshes away.
hum... but if i do water.... for every hit the barrier takes it gets smaller? But the weilder can move the barrier at will? Something like that? Something about leaving water all over the ground where it was hit above? idk

@Ashalyn And Chai is complete and your profile approved!

PEAmhGb.png

@Lovelessesbutterfly Sounds good - I can't really decide how you utilize it - simply put what you feel is best and tell me when your profile is finished. If i see issue with the power useage I will discuss with you through pm ^.^

*slips in tiredly* Ello everyone, how be things a going?

@Lovelessesbutterfly I find that it helps if you don't think too hard about it and just go with what comes to mind first. And if all else fails, the magic eight ball, a set of dice, and a coin are great for narrowing down choices =^.^=

I'm alright ^.^ am sorta twitchy from caffeine intake today tho -twitch-

Reactions: Lovelessesbutterfly
@Ashalyn And Chai is complete and your profile approved!

PEAmhGb.png

@Lovelessesbutterfly Sounds good - I can't really decide how you utilize it - simply put what you feel is best and tell me when your profile is finished. If i see issue with the power useage I will discuss with you through pm ^.^
Okay.. I'll go with that.. I'll update my chara profile in a bit.

CHARACTER NAME: Shoutaro Nishinama (Show-Tah-Row Knee-She-Nah-Mah)
APPEARENCE:

PERSONALITY:
x. STRENGTHS: -Quiet- -Calm- -Caring- -Dutiful- (anything more must be learned in Rp)
x. WEAKNESSES: -Overly Protective- -Little Sister Type- -Fear of Fire- (anything more must be learned in RP)

SHORT BIO: Not much is known about Shoutaro, because there isn't much to know. He's a college graduate, bored with his office job and looking for a better life than he has now. Though he used to have a little sister, and lost her and the rest of his family to a freak house fire. No cause found. So maybe he isn't so bland after all.

CRITTER NAME: Misuzu
SPECIES: Capricorn
ELEMENT: Water
STARTER COLORS: #177b79 | ##36ffff | #0b3d3c
PATTERN PREFERENCE: On her muzzle/snout, there is a long curved stripe That is the darkest part of her body along with her fish like spines and parts of her tail fin (Accent). As a rule of the sea, her fur/scales follow the darker on top (primary), lighter on bottom (secondary) rule. (feel free to add shades and highlights as you see fit)
STARTER MOVE: Bulwark of Water- This shield of water can be cast quite quickly, though the quicker it's cast, the smaller it is.. The longest time you can take to form it, it looks almost like a small wall, about 4 foot long by 7 foot tall , this wall typically takes about 15 minutes to form, so it's only very usefull if you know you're going into battle. At 8 minutes, you've got a something about the size of those swat shields you see on tv so much. This is still kind of long, so this would require planning. at 1 minute a 2 foot by 2 foot shield can be formed. At 30 seconds you can have a 1 foot by 1 foot shield. All of these shields are moveable, but the bigger they are, the harder they are to move. But the larger it is, the more hits it can take, every hit making it lose water that spills to the ground. the one foot by one foot shield of course being the weakest. These shields aren't endless, but they don't have a specific cutoff on how many one can make, it just depends on the concentration of the user, and how they utilize their tools.

APPEARENCE:

PERSONALITY:
x. STRENGTHS: -Quiet- -Calm- -Caring- -Dutiful- (anything more must be learned in Rp)
x. WEAKNESSES: -Overly Protective- -Little Sister Type- -Fear of Fire- (anything more must be learned in RP)

SHORT BIO: Not much is known about Shoutaro, because there isn't much to know. He's a college graduate, bored with his office job and looking for a better life than he has now. Though he used to have a little sister, and lost her and the rest of his family to a freak house fire. No cause found. So maybe he isn't so bland after all.

PATTERN PREFERENCE: On her muzzle/snout, there is a long curved stripe That is the darkest part of her body along with her fish like spines and parts of her tail fin (Accent). As a rule of the sea, her fur/scales follow the darker on top (primary), lighter on bottom (secondary) rule. (feel free to add shades and highlights as you see fit)
STARTER MOVE: Bulwark of Water- This shield of water can be cast quite quickly, though the quicker it's cast, the smaller it is.. The longest time you can take to form it, it looks almost like a small wall, about 4 foot long by 7 foot tall , this wall typically takes about 15 minutes to form, so it's only very usefull if you know you're going into battle. At 8 minutes, you've got a something about the size of those swat shields you see on tv so much. This is still kind of long, so this would require planning. at 1 minute a 2 foot by 2 foot shield can be formed. At 30 seconds you can have a 1 foot by 1 foot shield. All of these shields are moveable, but the bigger they are, the harder they are to move. But the larger it is, the more hits it can take, every hit making it lose water that spills to the ground. the one foot by one foot shield of course being the weakest. These shields aren't endless, but they don't have a specific cutoff on how many one can make, it just depends on the concentration of the user, and how they utilize their tools.
Approved I will move your profile and work on your critter tomorrow - you may go ahead and jump into rp if you like as well.

• Love
Reactions: ChojiYume
*hums* Would it be okay to go on ahead and post again? Try to get some interaction going with the characters by the fountain? Or should I wait for those who have not yet posted?

APPEARENCE:

PERSONALITY:

STARTER MOVE: Bulwark of Water- This shield of water can be cast quite quickly, though the quicker it's cast, the smaller it is...At 1 minute a 2 foot by 2 foot shield can be formed. At 30 seconds you can have a 1 foot by 1 foot shield. Both of these shields are moveable, but the bigger they are, the harder they are to move. But the larger it is, the more hits it can take, every hit making it lose water that spills to the ground. the one foot by one foot shield of course being the weakest. These shields aren't endless, but they don't have a specific cutoff on how many one can make, it just depends on the concentration of the user, and how they utilize their tools, small distractions from the users concentration weekens the shield and if an enemy is strong enough they can break through and harm the user in on hit. The smallest shield can deflect 2 hits before disipating. The 1 minute shield can absorbed 5 hits before disipating. Concentration though means that if the user can split their thoughts effectively, someone is going to get hurt.

@Solunae what do you think of these adjustments?

Status
Not open for further replies.