Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

"I've never drank before no, or been a bar either. They aren't common activities where I live," Levi said with a small shrug, watching the woman mix drinks that Adi had ordered from them. Fries? What was that made out of? So, he hoped it was something he could eat and thought about maybe being honest with Adi about his carnivorous diet. Should he also be honest about that of his dragon like nature or was that something of too soon? Would she even react accordingly to that of him being a dragon? Levi wasn't entirely sure about that one, so he kept it to himself watching her turn around.

"This music is very old, almost like that of a story-book playlist in a tavern," He mused to the other and gave a soft chuckle, "Fries also sound pretty good; food in general is always a good thing," He also turned, putting his elbows behind him on the bar to lean back and looked to Adi before questioning, "I am surprised you don't drink often or some here that often; this seems like a place for adventure and you seem like an adventurous person,"

code by sloane

2211372C-5B72-454B-9BC7-CE73934F4D87.png
Adelaide

"I wouldn't say this is a super adventurous place," she chuckled. "I guess it sure can inspire you after a couple drinks." Adi mostly didn't come here often because she had no one to come with and although drinking could have its perks, she didn't do it by herself that much. It didn't get the happy and adventurous vibe she enjoyed. "I don't have a lot of friends and it's not as fun if you're alone," she said honestly.

Once their drinks were sat behind them with the fries, she dipped a couple in the small dish of ketchup and took a bite. She never got a chance to eat the greasy fried food served here, at least not at the castle. All they served were formal meals. Her father would probably have a stroke if he saw her sharing a basket of fries and drinks in a random bar with a stranger she met earlier in the day. As pity as it was, she almost was living to do things in spite of her parents.

Scooting the fries towards Levi so he could engulf he in them if he pleased, she took a sip through the straw. Her lips puckered a little at the sourness of the juice and tequila. "So, you're from these forbidden mountains, your family abandoned you, and now you're starting a life in this area knowing no one here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at Levi. "Just to clarify," she added with a smile.

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

Looking at the basket of fried potato in front of them, he gave a curious look and took one just to try it. It was dry, greasy but honestly not the worst thing in the world. Definitely not meat cut but suppose with humans they could eat just about anything. Taking a few more just to munch on but found that she was right about coming here alone. That didn't sound very fun to do but also probably not the most adventurous thing to do; she did turn down his idea of an actual adventure but that only went so far.

Levi looked at her and gave a small snort of amusement, "Didn't know we where pop quizzing on my life," he replied before giving a nod, "But yes, sounds like you where listening to me, oh and I also only eat meat. I didn't mention that earlier but now it feels relevant," he gave a smile at his own snarky remark and chuckled, " And you're a simply girl with a strict family and a very boring life with a need for adventure right?"

code by sloane

E58A8419-1B5F-43B6-A618-F5FB542FAD43.png
Adelaide

"Well, I need to make sure I'm not missing anything," the brunette responded with a light chuckle. She took another fry into her mouth and furrowed her eyes as she thought. "I've heard of people not eating any meat, but I haven't heard of many who only eat meat," she said. "I can imagine that would get bland after awhile, no? I love fruit- it's my favorite. There's so many different kinds and berries," she said.

"Mm, but these," she said, pointing to the fries," potatoes are one of my favorite foods. You can have baked potatoes and fried potatoes, French fries, hash browns, tater tots— who knows what else," she said with a laugh. "I suppose I'll just have to stop offering you all of these good foods," she thought for a moment. "But that's okay- more for me," she joked, popping another fry into her mouth.

Adi raised an eyebrow as she listened, an amused smile playing on her lips. "That about sums me up," she nodded. "Oh, and I am very fond of strange men with puffy pants and a vest, apparently," she added with a smile. After a moment she took another drink and hit her lip while she thought. "Okay, so there's not a lot we can do here, but I can't go too far tonight. My parents would know I'm missing if I'm not back for breakfast in the morning," she said. "We'll have to say an out of town adventure for another day."

She wasn't sure what real adventures they could have, but sometimes she found the most simple things turned into adventures depending on the company you had. She'd had much more fun going on a simple picnic adventure compared to traveling across the whole kingdom. Company really did matter. "Have you ever jumped off of a waterfall?" She asked after a few minutes. "I'be always wanted to but I've been too scared to do it on my own. Or I know that there are a few owners of the shops downtown who leave some of the back doors unlocked. We could always take a look around them," she offered.

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

Levi found himself enjoying hearing her talk; about potatoes no less. "My stomach just doesn't handle fruits and veggies well, im not sure why," he responded with a small shrug and smiled, letting her have the fries without much complaint. They where good but they were going to cause a lot of pain in his stomach later in the night. Giving a chuckle as she continued on, but then gave a small tilt of his head. Of course he knew about her being home for breakfast but found himself saddened by this notion. There was so much he wanted to just hear Adi talk about from something as simple as potatoes or something large like the universe or politics.

Then the brunette went on about waterfalls and Levi perked up a bit. He had been to waterfalls before and had flown down so many of them throughout his lifetime; it was truly a beautiful expierence and he'd love to be able to show the wonders of nature to Adi. "You know my offer of us leaving and going on said avdenture is still on the table. I know plenty of places for waterfalls, some you can jump from and others' not so much. I'd love to show you my end of the world; as much as i love the kingdom, nature is truly remarkable thing," Levi mentioned and leaned his elbows on the bar as he looked at her. Maybe this time she would agree upon it?

code by sloane

33631B90-FCAB-4268-8FC6-7C5FA9936FCE.png
Adelaide

Adi considered his offer again as she ate the fries and sipped her sweet drink. Running away would sure be something. Living off of nature, never having to go back to her boring and stressful life as a princess. She wouldn't have to worry about taking over one day or being forced to marry another snobby prince of another kingdom to join their forces. She wouldn't have to listen to her fathers lectures about not being able to enjoy her life while she was young and she could do quite literally whatever she wanted. As much as that quite literally sounded like heaven to her, she knew it was easier said than done.

Word would be out in the morning of the missing princess. Posters would be posted in every public area in three kingdoms over. The minute she was caught her punishment would be far worse than what she had to deal with now. She would be a prisoner at the castle, if her parents were nice that day. They may just load her up and ship her off to a home to hide her there and keep good security on her until she is brought back for a wedding where she couldn't even meet her future husband until it was time to exchange their vows. She wasn't sure she was ready to risk that.

"Let's put a pin in the offer for now. As tempting as the thought sounds, not sure I trust puffy pants enough to run off on the first day," she mused with a smile. "Life sure would be a lot more simple, I could imagine. You know- I never understood it all. Working for money so that you can buy these things that you need to survive- food, shelter, water. I mean, I know it's just how the world works and it's how people make profit for what they are good at doing, but I always thought it would make a lot more sense to do what you're good at and use that to survive. Why do I need to work to make money to buy something that my friend could give me in exchange for something that I could do if I wasn't busy working to earn money. I mean, maybe I'm crazy. I just thought it would be a lot less complicated if we just were given what we need, work doing something we actually enjoy, and spend less time focusing on the profit of it all. Life is suppose to be more than just that."

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

Well a pin in it was definitely better than a no so he'd take it for now. She'd trust him and his puffy pants in due time and besides, he didn't give off any ill will or creepiness to her or at least he didn't think so. Then she went on about how trade was better than profit and that is was stupid to have to pay for things; which was literally what he had thought earlier in the day. Could Adi read minds and he just wasn't aware of it yet? If so, it was a way to his heart that was for sure because it was the one confusing thing about humans; their need for a price on paper or in silver coin. Things that essentially meants nothing outside of the value they gave it.

"That is what was most confusing about this human world. You all fight and work to provide yourselves with food, shelter, clothing and basic needs when the world around you gives that to you for free. Humans put such value into silver or paper but it really had no value outside of that," Levi started to voice his thoughts and looked at her with those dark set eyes, "Humans live outside their means. Making their own world when nature gives you all you need. Back home, you support one another via trading one skill for another like you had mentioned," Levi ran a hand through his longer locks and gave a small shrug, "I feel going back to what rooted you here would do humans good. Less destruction and greed,"

code by sloane

FBAF348E-EF56-4E28-9D5B-1ABAECF061EF.png
Adelaide

Adi turned her head so she could listen to Levi. She hadn't meant to get off on a tangent, often times it just happened. She was glad she had though- it seemed that he agreed and she was intrigued to hear what he could add to the thought. It was moments like these she wished she could have this type of conversation with someone who actually had a say in how the world is ran. She didn't understand why they couldn't grasp the ideas she had and thought that maybe if she could openly speak like she was with Levi, the world would be much more simple. Unfortunately it wasn't how the world worked.

"Exactly. Everything humans do is either to survive or thrive, but we pour our entire lives into doing those two things so we miss out on the important parts. We work most days out of the week and spend the rest of the time paying bills or buying necessities and very little time to enjoy the life we actually have," Adi said with a small laugh. "I never understood why more people couldn't see it. I'd rather live so simply without the complications of the new world and enjoy the life I have rather than have all of these 'luxuries' by giving up my freedom or happiness."

"If things weren't so… complicated… I would love to leave. Even if I just get out and start over. I could be anyone I wanted to be, which would be so far from who I am," she said, mostly to herself. "This world is a cruel one at times."

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

Adi was correct in her endeavor of humans pouring their hearts into two things and trying to just- out materialize each other all the time.
They never stopped to think outside of themselves, to see the beauty their short lives had and it was saddening to see first hand after centuries of not speaking to humans. Where they always like this? Couldn't be because they had to have had simple lives at some point. Or at least see that the cobblestone world around them wasn't all that they had and that other things existed outside of their bubble.

Then she went on about who she was, and how the world was cruel in her stance in it. Levi gave a small frown at her words and wished he could help her. It was weird to think that these people disliked her so much and where so cruel to her, but yet cared enough to hunt her down if she left? Wouldn't they want her gone or something? Though suppose he didn't know the extent of her home life and he reached out a hand to touch her bicep.

"If it means anything; I am glad to have met you in this cruel world and hope that one day you can become who you are without stipulations," Levi stated and gave a slight smile, and rubbed her arm for a moment before pulling away, "I don't see you as they do, as this part you seem to play around your family and others. I see you simply as Adelaide; a wild, adventurous person with a bright outlook on life,"

code by sloane

4763737F-B291-42D1-9EA8-727DF416C07D.png
Adelaide

Adi had again gone off on her own whirlwind of thoughts, stitching together words without really thinking before they came out. She was brought back from her thoughts of what it would be like to run away- to start over and live however she wanted. Maybe her parents wouldnt look for her. Maybe they'd come up with some story about how she fell sick with an illness and died. They'd have another child who they could raise the right way- the way they wanted, and everything would be perfect. She'd have her freedom and they would have their perfect child.

The soft feeling on her arm pulled her eyes off of the basket she was staring at as she daydreamed. They glanced towards her arm and followed the hand all the way back to Levi, listened quietly as he spoke. A soft smile slowly crept onto her face. This was a good friendship. She knew when they bumped into each other that she felt a strong connection with him. Though she didn't truly know if fate or destiny was real, she was sure that she was suppose to have met Levi. "Well that's because I don't have to play a part when I'm with you," she smiled back.

"You're really too kind. Honestly, I'm glad to have met you too," Adi said, finishing off the fries she could eat. "I just.. I don't know. I have a good feeling when I'm around you.. or maybe that's just the tequila talking," she mused. "Okay, so tell me more about you. Your life in the mountains, your family, what do you like to do? Do you have any animals?"

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

Grateful she had the same emotions about him as well. She'd never have to play a part as long as she was around him; Adis' true self was wonderful and filled with amazing thoughts or opinions. She was truly an amazing woman and it was saddening to know that her family couldn't see that about her. Trying to keep a wild bird in a cage; that is how he imagined her life outside of their meetings. Rules, routine, regulations. Though he was truly grateful the universe determined them to meet. She was like his twin flame; they where very similar people with similar opinions and a love of freedom.

Then Adi went on to ask further questions about his family, pets, and the mountains. Supposae his life was much more interesting than that of her own; Levi lived freely and did things Adi could only daydream about. He gave a chuckle and had no problem responding to her about his life, "I do not have any animals, no, we don't believe in keeping them as pets or for our own selfish gain. All animals are wild in the mountains, and some are used for food but that is about it,"

Levi started with his answers and ran a hand through his long-ish hair before continuing, "As for my family, it is just my mother, myself and five of my hatchmates. They're from a different batch but they still treat me like their own sibling. They can be kinda mean though but i feel all hatchmates are like that," He gave a small shrug and then questioned back to her, "What do you wanna know about the mountains? You have to be more specific than just my life as my life is the most boring thing there is about the mountains,"

code by sloane

ACD068DC-B21F-42E6-ADAC-35739CD88557.png
Adelaide

The way Levi spoke was so… funny. Everything he said had Adi leaning in a bit closer. Over the next few days she showed him around the rest of the town and got to know him a bit more. He listened to her frustrations and she learned more about what it was like living out on his own with only nature to take care of him.

A few days passed and Adi's father grew frustrated with her disappearances. He had been urging her to find a suitor and marry so that he would know she was ready to take over the thrown once he backed down- preferably to a man who had the same mindset as he did. The more Adi put it off and avoided conversation, the more impatient he grew with the situation, eventually finding someone for her himself.

Once the news was out and Adi knew of his decision, she knew she couldn't get out of it unless she left. Levi had offered her the opportunity to run away before, maybe he would still be willing. Now, the worse that could happen was she was caught and forced to marry this stranger anyway. But she wouldn't know until she tried. After the dinner where Adelaide's father had broke the news to her, she went back to her room to plan the way to freedom.

As soon as it was dark enough to leave the castle without being caught, Adi was gone with a small bag tossed over her shoulder. All she really knew was that she had to find Levi and hope that he was still willing to show her what it was like to live off on their own and explore- go on a true adventure.

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

The few days they spent togther went by like almost a dream. Adelaide was such a bright, funny and charming woman and he found himself enjoying her company more and more. Listening to her rants about her family and chores, while he told her of his life outside the stone walls of the kingdom. Though Levi had to admit that her life sounded more structured compared to that of his own. She had a family who seemingly cared a little, food at the hand and not a worry about weather or where to sleep next. It was so interesting how the two of them came together from such vastly different worlds.

Levis' job at the butcher shop had gone on quite smoothly, and he got along great with the husband and wife who worked it. They decided he could stay as long as he needed to and he was forever grateful to them. He knew no such kindness until he came here and he would miss it once he had to leave. As night settled, he was outside the shop putting up the shutters and thinking about that of if he'd see Adi today at all or not.

Suppose the universe read his mind as he turned around and spotted the young brunette walking down the street, seeming in a hurry and carrying a small bag with her as well, "Adelaide, what're you doing here?" he questioned as this was not their normal meeting spot, "Are you planning on going some where or is the bag more clothes?" Levi seemed genuinely confused and went to untie the apron he wore for the shop.

code by sloane

F662CCC2-73FC-47DA-9703-191A65BEB9BE.png
Adelaide

The young girl didn't waste any time getting into town. She hadn't told Levi she was coming back into town so she knew he would likely not be at their usual meeting spot, so instead she went straight to the shop she knew he worked at. Hopefully he would be there, and if he wasn't then she would figure it out then. Adelaide was relieved to see him and she smiled as she approached.

"No— I mean, yes. I am planning on going somewhere," she said, sitting the bag down beside her feet. "I didn't have time to grab a lot but I wanted to find you before it got too late. I'm leaving," she said quietly. "My family— well, it's nothing important. But I don't want to be here any longer. I want to do everything we've talked about the past week," the brunette said, stepping towards Levi again.

"I can't stay here and continue following under my fathers rules and knowing that the live I'm destined to have will make me unhappy until I die. So I've packed a small bag- just some clothes and money. A little food for the way and a few other things. I don't know where I'm going but.. well, I thought if you still wanted.. you could come with me," Adi said softly.

Maybe she hadn't thought this through. Levi was just getting started here. He had a great set up at the butchers, maybe he didn't want to leave. But she had to and as selfish as it seemed, she wanted him to come too. "I know it's sudden and I didn't give you much time to think but- come on Levi," she said with a bright smile.

"We can live off the land like you said. We can go wherever we want- see whatever we want. We can do anything. All of those things we've wanted to do, we could actually do them! And we won't have to answer to anyone else or worry about being home at a certain time. Just me and you," Adelaide said, reaching out to grasp his hand. "It would be perfect. Please say you'll come," she said, her soft eyes gazing up at him.

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

His brow furrowed as she spoke; her family was doing something but she wouldn't say what it was. Going into leaving the place, doing what they said they wanted to do for a whole week now and Levi looked down at his hand when she grasped it. Levi wanted to say yes, but at the same time he had now other obligations. Yes the family in the shop where nice and said he could stay for as long as he wanted, but he'd feel terrible just leaving in the middle of the night without a goodbye.

But in this moment he was compelled to go with her. Adi needed him and he didn't want to just give up on all that they had dreamed about. Giving her hand a squeeze he gave a small nod, "Alright, we can go, just let me pack up a few things and say goodbye to the family. They have done a lot for me and i feel bad not saying goodbye to them," Levi stated and let go of her hand, feeling oddly cold afterwards. He went inside the shop, to the upstairs and thankfull they had not gone to bed yet. Quickly thanking them for everything they had provided him, giving them each a hug and some tears shed as he had grown close to them in his short time.

Levi then went to his room, packing food, what clothes he had and the money he had been saving up inside of a brown satchel before heading back down to Adi. He grabbed her hand to start leaving her away from the shop and gave her the plan of how they're leaving, "Every night carriages leave for the other kingdoms in trade. If we get on one, we can get off at any point in the forest between here and the Eastern or Southern kingdoms,"

Levis voice had excitement in it; adrenaline of showing Adi his home ran through him like a hot fire. This was going to be so fun, so exciting, and he hoped she'd enjoy every moment of it as well. Freedom was amazing, but the survival part would be hardest of all on someone who had never been outside the castle walls. Would she be up for the task of hitching rides on carriages? Sleeping in the woods under the trees and possibly in the rain? No, he'd make sure they'd always have shelter and a place to sleep. Always make sure she is fed and okay. Making a silent promise to her that she would never have to live in a harsh state like he had to for many years. It'd be different and enjoyable; or so help him.

code by sloane

D40B0320-613D-4D05-9C70-65B98DDCD2A3.png
Adelaide

Relief flooded Adi once she was assured he would go with her. She did feel guilty for it being so late, but she didn't have any other choice. If she waited any longer she may not have another opportunity. "Okay," she said softly, letting her hand drop back to her side. While he went inside, Adi picked her bag back up and moved off to the side to sit on a wooden bench while she waited.

She sat quietly and thought to herself about what they were really getting themselves into. Glancing over at the door where Levi came back out, she stood up and pulled her bag back over her shoulder. She followed beside him, hand in hand while he began to tell her a plan- he really had thought through this. She wouldn't even know where to begin. She smiled at the excitement he had in his voice and glanced over at him.

"Thank you for coming with me," she said quietly. She hadn't ever lived outside the castle, so it would be extremely different, but nothing she wasn't prepared for. Adi was determined to get away from this kingdom and to spend as much time seeing the rest of the kingdoms as she could. It didn't matter if they slept on the ground or found their own food. She would work for odd jobs when they did stop places and they would be okay. She had a really good feeling about this.

She followed Levi to where she saw carriages loading and preparing to leave. She followed his lead to get onto one, obviously trying to avoid anyone seeing them. The one they happened to climb onto was filled with sacks of grain, so it was easy to hide behind the large bags if and when they needed to. She hunkered down on the floor between them, leaving just enough room for Levi to sit beside her. She put her bag on her lap and held it close when the carriages began to move. They were really doing this.

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

(Im on my phone so i apologize)

Getting on the carriage was the easy part, they hardly ever checked them, and he took a breath as soon as the wheels started to turn. Sitting down next to Adi behind some sacks of grain and gave a smile at her when she thanked him; did she really think that he would let her go alone? Adi wouldnt make it on her own outside the West Kingdom and besides he had no problem travelling again. Levi use to travel all the time for numerous reasons and being back on the road gave him a sense of home and calm. A different emotion compared to that of the shop and the family he had gotten to know; a familiarity.

"Dont worry about it, Adi, ive been itching to get moving again and this would be the perfect chance," he spoke and leaned back against the wood of the carriage, running a hand through his longer brown hair, "Besides you dont really think id let you go alone did you? I wouldnt dare send you alone to your death or any of the sort," Levi reached over and rubbed her knee with a hand before getting comfortable where they sat.

This was entirely exciting. The ride was a few hours, quiet with the clicking of horse hooves and shifting of grain bags, and Levi felt the carriage slow after a minute. Hearing water running nearby he knew they had stopped for the horses to eat and drink; they never went the whole way at night due to danger and horses being poor at night. Levi then went to move and tugged on Adis' shirt for a moment, "Cmon, they stopped by the stream and we can get out here. The forest is beyond the stream and our best chance to hide for the night," he stated as he climbed out of the carriage and offered his hand to her, "This is where our adventure begins, dear Adelaide,"

code by sloane

D7C207EF-8B51-4E40-BD71-61D3D33BC2EB.png
Adelaide

The brunette rolled her eyes playfully at his comment, but knew he was likely right. As stubborn as she was, she wouldn't survive well on her own. She'd figure it out, but it would be so much easier with a friend. After awhile into the ride of riddling with her bag or her pants, Adi eventually found herself drifting into sleep. She tried to stay awake as long as she could, but aside from the random large bumps in the road she was leaning either against the sacks of grain or occasionally towards Levi. She felt the carriage come to a slow stop, waking her from the light sleep she was having. Sitting up a little, Adi glanced towards the direction her shirt was being pulled towards.

She didn't need to be told twice. She followed him off of the carriage once he jumped down and trotted quietly beside him with a soft smile. It was very dark, so she couldn't see a lot. Thankfully all of those late night sneaking back into the castle helped her eyesight a bit and she could make out most of the area. Trees, bushes, rocks and then the stream. She didn't say anything, wanting to make sure they were far enough away from the carriages to not startle the horses or risk anyone overbearing them. After a bit of walking Adi pulled her hair around to the front so she could braid it while she walked, tired of it getting caught on the tree limbs or in bushes.

There was a small man made bridge across the stream where they crossed over carefully to not fall in the cold water. Then it wasn't long before they were stopping in the forest. The moon was bright above them- she likely guessed midnight or a bit after, so it made sense for them to stop and get an early rise in the morning to head out again. "We should leave early in the morning. I think we're far enough from the stream no one would find us, but I'd still rather get moving as early as we can. The further we get, the better," Adi said as she sat her bag down beside a tree. Her family would know she was gone in the morning and they had only made it a few hours away. She didn't want to risk them catching up to her, especially since she hadn't told Levi who she was. She didn't want him involved in her mess and she didn't want him to refuse to help her because of who she was either.

Dragon Of The Mountain
mood
Neutral.
outfit
Puffy Pants and A Vest.
mentions
mentions over here.

Leviathan.

The forest was vast with thick trees lining every inch of it, bushes laid between them and foliage tickled at the ground with long tendrils. It was fairly silent in the woods aside from occasional crickets, an animal running by as they startled them or the soft sound of the wind and stream. Being out there again gave him this sense of comfort and he took a breath in of the fresh air. The moon hung high in the sky, only half facing, and he slowed when Adi spoke. He was getting to ahead of himself with everything going on; she was right though they should rest now and head out early tomorrow.

"You're right, sorry, i didn't realize how much I missed the forest," Levi responded with a nod, looking around for a moment before deciding to make a bush into their home for the night. Taking his shirt off and laying it on the ground he gestured for Adi to come along with him, "You should sleep and rest; I'll keep watch and let you know when its' time to get up and going again," He didn't need that much sleep and he usually only slept for a few hours. So, he had no problem sitting out to watch Adi and make sure nothing came their way until morning.

code by sloane

4377E8C3-EBFF-41A4-92F4-CC921F19D97D.png
Adelaide

"It's okay, I just figured we should sleep while we can," she said, watching him take his shirt off and find a bush for their hiding spot. She moved over near him and sat her bag to her side. "You don't have to stay up the whole night. Just wake me up when you need sleep," she said, laying back on the ground. She turned on her side to get comfortable, her back now facing Levi while she curled into a half ball, hugging her belongings close to her chest.

It didn't take long before Adelaide was asleep. She wasn't sure why she was so tired- likely the adrenaline crash and the lack of sleep she had gotten the night before, tossing and turning while she thought of whether she should leave or not. It was a little too late to turn back now. Even if they started walking then they wouldn't be back by sunrise- not that she wanted to go back. She didn't. She was excited for this new adventure and was ready to get away from her home.

Adi spent the night dreaming about what it would be like living on their own in the forest and jumping from land to land. Mostly the excitement it brought. She felt like she would be able to do everything she wanted because Levi was the type of person who pushed her and encouraged her to try those things, plus he seemed to have his own wild side that kept her on her toes. She also worried about whether they would be able to do it or not. They had only known each other a week. Anything could happen while they were out there.