Heart Of A Flame (MarilynXVex)

Leviathan

Okay so Levi wasn't the best at choosing clothing; all humans clothes look all the same in color and size! How was he suppose to have guessed it was too big for her? At least she found the same one just much thicker and the correct size. Levi stuck his tongue out at her in amusement before beign dragged off to the mens department. Looking at the options they had, Levi gave a small grimance. Now suppose he cared more about color and style than he tended to lead on but browns, blacks and greys where just so- boring. Why not have something more fun colored like Adis' pink coat or maybe even like a nice red shade? Do men in the human world just hate color or something?

"I mean it is nice, but why is it so- grossly green?" Levi questioned as he went to touch the fabric of the coat. It felt wooly and stiffling to him, so he recoiled his hand with his tongue out in distaste, "Do human men just not like fun things?" It was a genuine question and he looked to Adi like she had an answer, she more than likely didn't, and Levi wondered away from her for a moment. Find more- unisex garments between the mens and womens section then his gaze lit up. The dragon then grasped this fur-lined, deep red jacket that was velvety and soft, "Now this is more like the color I enjoy; plus it also feels nice and soft too!" Suppose Levi had a chosen favorite color; reds.
「 」
Code by Jenamos

Last edited:
76EEDBBE-B23B-4C2D-96E5-436A147C869F.jpeg
Adelaide

Adi laughed at his reaction and followed him to look around the rest of the area, eyes searching for a little better coloring than the bland green she had found in the mens section. Thankfully they found a perfect red for him and they both had coats to suit their needs! "I love it. Red looks really good on you," she said, holding the sleeve to his skin and admiring how it made him look. "We should probably get something for our ears and hands if we don't want them to freeze too," she said, spotting a wall with hats, ear muffs and gloves behind him.

She nodded towards them and moved, finding the thickest sets and trying on the gloves to make sure they fit her hands, nudging Levi ti do the same. Pulling a soft and warm hat over her ears, she smiled in a mirror that reflected her and Levi back. They had found their apparel! Now just to see if it kept them as warm outside in the cold snow as they hoped. "Do you think we need anything else? Maybe we should grab a blanket I can carry in my pack to help keep us warm at night too," she suggest.

Aside from the outside clothing to keep them warm she figured it wouldn't hurt to also get them some warm and long underwear and regular wear. They could ditch the clothes they were currently wearing and change into the warmer clothes. She had brought enough money from the castle to buy this and have enough left over to get them to where they needed to go. Everyday was just one step at a time, so they needed to be wise with their spending and decisions.

Leviathan

Gloves and hats? Humans were so strange in the amount of layering they did to keep themselves warm. Levi was more or less able to keep himself warm as he lived here and could create fire as well- but he humored Adi regardless. Finding some thinner gloves, finding he dislikes not being able to feel things, and a pair of ear muffs to go over his ears. Adjusting his long hair from its braid to up in a bun instead to accomidate the new pair of muffs. The brunette dragon then looked to Adi as she spoke about other things like blankets and what not, to which he agreed, "I think that would be a good idea for you; you are much more sensitive to the cold than I am and it'll be helpful in the caves,"

Levi then went for his own satchel to dig around for the coin he had gathered while working in the butcher shop. "We should have enough to also get food, but from here we will have to fly as not many carriages go up in the mountains," he looked at her and gave a gentle smile before offering up the small pouch of coins he had, "Also, you should carry our money. You have a better understanding of money than I do, plus we should pool our money together right?"

(
sorry short post x.x)
「 」
Code by Jenamos

0B2F09CE-701A-4777-AD0B-208B93AC7C9D.jpeg
Adelaide

Adi blushed softly, forgetting that he stayed much more warm than she ever could. "Oh, of course. I keep forgetting that you have a warmer body temperature than I do," she chuckled slightly, choosing a thicker blanket that was still able to fit in their bags and not take up too much room. The idea of flying made her stomach do backflips. It made her feel so free and excited, but she was nervous about flying for such a longer distance in the cold air. At least she would be bundled up to shield herself from the air.

"Well, I have done a lot of buying and trading compared to you," she smiled teasingly. "Yes, we can put our money together and should have enough to get food. We'll probably need it," she said. A thought jumped in her head she hadn't even thought of yet- what would she eat up in the mountains? She could buy some small things to take and keep her full for a few days but they'd have to come back for more eventually. The idea was perfect. Caves for shelter, him with his family again, their fire to keep them warm and his flying for transportation. It all still made her nervous though. It seemed to easy. What were they forgetting?

"Okay, I'll buy this stuff and then we can change and get food and find somewhere to pack our bags securely," she said, taking the small satchel of coins and smiling at a woman who stood patiently behind a small desk. "Thank you, in case I forget to say it later," she said, her hand reaching out to touch Levi's arm. "For helping me leave and taking me to your family and.. I don't know. Thank you for not leaving," she said sincerely. Her fingers squeezed his arm softly before scooping up their things and going towards the long haired woman to exchange coins for warmth.

Leviathan

Levi gave a small snicker at her words, she was correct that she knew more about trading and purchases than he did. Watching her grasp a thicker blanket in hand, taking his little bag of money and then blinked a bit. The touch to his arm was warm, and her words was so soft against his ear. That warmth seemed to spread to his cheeks and he was about to open his mouth to say something, anything, to her words but Adi had turned around and left for the human behind the counter. Leaving Levi to stammer like a fish without water for a brief moment, before shaking his head to clear away some more so intrusive thoughts.

Lately he had been having a lot of weird thoughts about Adelaide. How she made him feel, how he craved her touch and company like he would die without it, and how crazy it all seemed. She was just so- perfect to him. Adi was kind, independent, funny and had such a way with her words that he'd follow them to the ends of the Earth. Though Levi questioned why these feelings were coming now. Why suddenly it was like he was crush- he cut that thought off really quickly. There was no way Levi was crushing on his best friend! They were friends, and on this grand adventure together; couldn't possibly do such a thing. Adi was human too after all! How would that even work for them? A dragon and a human princess sounded like something out of a fairytale book.

Levi couldn't stand still there anymore, dwelling in his own mind like the sinkhole it was, and went to approach Adi up at the counter. Watching the transaction between the two humans before they were finally able to leave the store. The cold was less harsh as the snowing had died down along with the wind, plus their new warmer clothing added an extra layer of protection on their bodies.The dragon gave a small shiver at the transition between the warm shop and the outside world, before turning back to Adi with, "Should we get you anything else? I am unsure what they will have for food up there, but I also don't want you to eat something you don't rightly like," While some dragons ate fruits and vegtables like an omnivore, Levi was uncertain with his own family. And if they would be willing to go out and find some for them or not.

made by zenith

Last edited:
CEA643E3-ACB5-4AE8-B6D0-8267533C27CA.jpeg
Adelaide

The interaction with the woman behind the counter was pleasant. She thankfully didn't recognize Adi and spoke to her softly, the way a grandmother would speak to a grandchild. After A few minutes, Levi joined her and they took their newly owned warm coats and left for the outside cold. She shivered at the drop in temperature, but thankfully had her new layer to wrap tightly around herself. Her eyes darted towards Levi's voice and she thought to herself. It wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a few things that would be good for her in case there were no foods she could have. The journey was long and coming back Just because she was out of food wasn't in her plan.

"Maybe we could get a few things. Not a lot so it doesn't go bad, but just a bit to get us by," Adelaide said. She knew he could survive on whatever was out there, so really it was for her. But she felt better including them both. She didn't want to anyhow weigh him down, although she knew being who she was forced her into that situation anyway. Adi saw a little shop across the way which had some food, so she nudged him in the direction and started walking with him.

It didn't take very long to choose a few small things that would keep her sufficed for awhile, and things that didn't take up much room. After paying and repacking their bags, Adi stepped back out into the cold. It was still afternoon so there were a few more hours of light. "Should we leave now? Can you fly past dark?" She asked, quietly. She didn't know much about him being a dragon. Could he see better than humans in the dark? They would definitely be less likely to be seen in the dark. "Maybe we should sleep until sundown. Then we are rested and we are less likely to be seen compared to the daylight," she questioned.

Leviathan

Following Adelaide to the small shop after the had purchased their warmer clothing, he had wondered the store for a bit. Looking at what they had in terms of human food from pastries to fruits and vegtables. Then trailed along behind Adi as she chose what she wanted in terms of food and there after they paid for their goods. The shop was nice to say the least and he would have to make a small reminder to come back at a better time to see more of it. Levis' blue gaze looked to Adi as she suggested they wait till sundown to head up the mountain, and he agreed with her. Levi had night vision like a cat, so he could see for the most part in the dark and he knew the path home like he knew his own mother.

"We should definitely do that. I can see in the dark pretty well and the path home shouldn't be any different than before," Levi voiced his thoughts, "And resting would be good as we haven't gotten much sleep in that cramped carriage," To empahize his point he gave a small stretch of his sore back and gave a light chuckle, "Besides, itll give us time to think of a game plan or well more so myself a game plan of what to do once we arrive to the cave," He gave a sheepish shrug of his shoulders and gestured for Adi to follow along with him. Finding that there was a small motel not far from here or more so a bed and breakfast that they could warm up in until then.

made by zenith