HaydenLavisky and Devilcake

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Jayken jolted awake when he heard Hannes' voice near them, visibly jumping about two feet in the air and sitting straight up. He calmed down, though, when he realized that he was still where he fell asleep and let out a soft breath as he blushed.

"Sorry...bad dream." He murmured as he stood up from the ground and brushed himself off. "I'm up for some lunch, if that's okay." He said, looking towards Mike and Elliot and giving a small wave.

"Hey guys. Did you enjoy your game?" He asked, seeming to be in a much better mood since he had taken his nap.

"Yeh, the guys won" Hannes grinned at Jayken, arms still around his teammates as they started to walk up to get some lunch.

"Only because you had Mike" Emma inflicted, "that's practically cheating"

"What, am I not allowed to play?" Mike laughed.

"No, you can play, but for my team" the girl said with a small smirk, "but on our team"

They all made their way to lunch, laughing and talking, grabbed whatever they wanted to eat and sat down by a table, today a lot more people with the added three. Hannes still made sure to sit next to Jayken though, simply because he wanted to.

Jayken grabbed his lunch along with the others, staying quiet most of the time, but sometimes he would join in on the conversation and laugh with everyone. Once they were seated, Jayken looked at Hannes and smiled.

"Sure seemed like you were having fun. Sorry for falling asleep, though. Didn't know I was that tired." He said with a sheepish chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Don't worry dude," Hannes smiled "if you're tired you're tired"

Hannes smiled, after some time of playing volleyball he was back to feeling a little more normal around his new friend. He didn't know what had gotten into him that morning, maybe it came from being alone with him, or maybe it was about something more he couldn't quite place yet.

Maybe he was just acting stupid like usual.

"You're building your case for getting to sleep in tomorrow, though" he chuckled, "i might just wait with waking you up until lunch"

Jayken let out a chuckle and glanced at the older male. "Maybe, huh? Well, you could come wake me up, but I'm definitely sleeping in. Either with you in the bed with me, or locked outside." He said the last part in a whisper with a grin on his face.

There was a blush that appeared on his face a moment later, though, giving away how terrible he was at teasing people, even though he wasn't really teasing Hannes. Maybe...egging him on? He wasn't too sure, since the words just seemed to slip out of his mouth before he could even stop them.

Was Jayken... Flirting? No, he probably wasn't. Hannes just knew about his crush and he liked the attention so he was probably reading into it too much. They really had been sharing a bed the other day after all.

But Hannes knew there at least was some teasing in Jayken's tone. He caught a part of himself wondering if the invitation was a real one on top of being there to tease him. He'd rather sleep in with Jayken than have him lock him out.

"Are you just trying to get me into your bed?" Hannes responded. He wasn't entirely sure if it was supposed to be humorous or flirtatious, he didn't want it to be the second one, that'd be be pretty terrible after turning him down. But if he was being really honest with himself he knew it probably was the case and he immediately felt kind of shitty about, he didn't let it show though, and kept a small grin plastered on his face.

Jayken blinked at Hannes' comeback, the blush on his cheeks becoming a bit darker as he looked away a bit. "U-Uh...if you want to, that is. I wouldn't say no." He said with a small shrug of his shoulders.

He went quiet, instead eating his food so he wouldn't have to say anything else foolish. He had become self-conscious in a matter of seconds, feeling Hannes' eyes on him. He glanced over to the older male, but didn't say anything.

He feared that he'd say something else more...idiotic. He didn't know what would be worse than inviting Hannes to his bed...never mind, he definitely knew, and it just made him blush more and choke on his food.

Oh. That was an actual offer. Hannes grin faltered ever so slightly. Jayken seemed to have gotten embarrassed and was now quiet.

Hannes was quiet too, because he had managed to make it weird again and he didn't know what to say next. He continued to eat just like Jayken, the other's talking since they weren't in on what was going on.

He did notice Emma giving him weird looks though, right after his and Jayken's conversation it almost looked like a glare but then it switched over to something more puzzled.

Jayken looked up to see Emma glaring at Hannes and he frowned, then looked towards the older male. "Um...I'm sorry. I'm gonna...excuse myself." He said, looking around the table for a moment before he stood.

He dumped his half eaten food in the garbage, then left the cafeteria to walk to the pier where he sat down and tucked his knees up to his chest. "God, what's wrong with me?" He muttered to himself.

Hannes wasn't sure if he should go after him. It was his fault he had felt like had to leave after all, so going after him might just make things worse.

But they had said the would try to help each other right? What if he did something bad again.

The thought made Hannes make up his mind. He stood up, threw away the rest of his food and followed Jayken, finding him at the pier again. It was empty save for them since most people were eating lunch at that point.

He carefully made his way up to his friend and sat down next to him. He was obviously upset, knees pulled to his chest, but other than that he didn't seem to have done anything to hurt himself again.

Hannes realised it might have been stupid for him to think that would happen, that he'd be important enough to make him that upset by just saying something.

"I'm sorry" Hannes said to start off, they probably needed to talk about what was going on.

Jayken kept his eyes on the water, even while he felt someone sit next to him. He figured it was Hannes, since that was the only type of person to sit next to him at a time like this.

Hearing his apology, though, he frowned and glanced towards Hannes with confusion and frustration towards himself. "Sorry? For what? You didn't do anything...it's all me."

Hannes sighed a little. What was he apologising for. He just knew that Jayken hadn't done anything wrong and therefore it had to be his own fault.

"For upsetting you?" He tried, "it's not not your fault at least"

The he quieted down for a moment.

"I'm not really sure what's going on between us" he continued, taking a deep breath, "I think I'm confused about my feelings for you, and it's making me act all weird and I don't want you to believe that it means I don't like you or that you're doing something wrong"

Jayken looked at the older male in surprise, his eyes blinking at Hannes, then letting out a soft sigh. "We don't have to talk about this...I know you don't understand, yet I keep finding myself pushing my feelings onto you."

"It's unfair to you. You're my friend, yet I keep letting my feelings get in the way and it makes everything awkward because of something stupid I say. It's not your fault...you only act weird after I say or do something." He murmured quietly as he hugged his knees a bit tighter.

Hannes placed a gentle hand on the back of Jayken's shoulder, let it run over his back to the other shoulder and pulled him a little closer to him.

He wanted Jayken to feel better and he didn't know if touching him like that would, but it made Hannes feel better.

"I think maybe we should talk about it"
Hannes didn't like talking about his feelings, he'd much rather try to express them through actions, but since he was unsure about his feelings he couldn't do that properly.

"I don't think you're pushing your feelings on me, I just...."

He wasn't sure how to continue he was just sure he didn't blame Jayken for anything.

"Like this is happening so fast, but usually that doesn't bother me but now it does, and I don't know why. I think I might like you but..."

He quieted down, realising he had just said he like Jayken that way. Which he had been walking around not feeling sure of since Jayken's confession of having a crush, but it had just blurted out and he thought that might actually be the case. It made sense if he thought about how he had felt throughout the day.

"I don't want to mess this up? And usually when things go this quick I mess it up because I realise I don't really like the other person... I don't want that to happen with you"

Jayken blinked when he was pulled to lean on Hannes, though relaxed a moment later and let out a soft breath as he listened to Hannes.

"You don't have to stress out about it...and don't only blame yourself. It's my fault, too, that this even started. Just...maybe I should just leave you alone for a bit." He murmured softly.

"No I don't want you to leave me alone" that he was sure off. The reason he had stuck to Jayken was he wanted to be with him, in a romantic way or not. He just liked the guy, he was fun, "I just need to figure things out, and it's frustrating because I usually don't think things through"

Despite rarely doing it Hannes knew talking about things usually made things better. This was no exception as putting words to his feelings made them a little easier to comprehend.

"... Could I tell you my thoughts about you to try to understand them?" Hannes asked carefully, if talking was something that worked he guess he'd have to do it, besides he didn't mind telling Jayken things too much, "or is that really selfish?"

Jayken looked up at the older male, then frowned before he nodded. Hannes didn't want him to leave him alone...he guessed that was a step in the right direction.

Hearing him ask if he could voice his thoughts, Jayken bit his lip, curling his knees up a bit tighter to his chest. "Well...if it will help you, then go ahead. I'd rather you voice them and try to figure things out rather than keeping them all inside."

"I just… I keep having all these thoughts about you that I know aren't really things I would normally think about a friend" He started slowly, staring straight forward out over the water, feeling quite embarrassed about having to explain this. If he was sure he liked Jayken he would have just kissed him then and there, "But I don't know how much of that is just because I'm attracted to you"

He let a slightly uncomfortable chuckle out upon saying that. He knew he found Jayken incredibly attractive. Actually, had there not been any feelings involved from either side of them he would have maybe kissed him as well. But he didn't want to hurt Jayken since he knew Jayken had a crush on him. And he also didn't want to risk hurting himself by doing something he could potentially hate himself for.

"Like maybe I just want to be your friend but I also think you're hot, and then if we did… if we did you know… Date? I would realize I didn't actually like you romantically at all and then I'd have to hurt you and I don't want to hurt you" He said and took a deep breath and looked over at Jayken again, his arm still holding him close, "Does that make any sense?"

Jayken looked up at Hannes, then bit his lip and slowly nodded. "Okay...I understand, I think. So you don't want to hurt me if you eventually realize you don't like me. But...you're attracted to me." He said as he bit his lip, thinking about this.

"How about...we try? Dating, I mean. I know you don't want to hurt me, but I've always seen relationships as...experiments, per say. So...if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't. But there's still a chance that it might." He explained as he looked up at the older male with a soft smile.

Hannes listened carefully and with slightly wide eyes at Jayken as he spoke, he hadn't been sure at all what he had been expecting Jayken to say but it hadn't been to try dating.

If Hannes thought about it, it was actually probably the most reasonable resolution to it. To try dating. He was glad Jayken was the one to suggest it, because that meant it was on both terms. Both were aware that it was something that might not work out, but at least they'd be giving it a chance.

"Yeah, I think…" Hannes mumbled, cleared his throat and spoke with slightly more confidence, "I think I'd like that… It's a good Idea"

He felt a little weird, a little excited and a little scared. The three feelings made it hard to know what to say or do next. He hadn't thought he would have left lunch and come back being in a relationship, a relationship he wasn't even entirely sure of.