Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to hear any comments or criticism regarding my sheet. It's my first sheet on this site, after all!

Character Sheet

• Name: Mireille Standiford
    DoB (Date of Birth): Feb 28
    Profession (we're going to be first years so consider this your future occupation or just leave it "Undecided" if you really don't know): Undecided
    Race (Half Veela/werewolf/maybe you've got a little bit of giant in you ;p): Human
    Wand type: Ash and unicorn hair. 9.9 inches and fairly pliable
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw

• Screen-Shot-2013-08-12-at-11.46.04-AM.png

(That was really hard to find an age appropriate picture in color)
    Eyes: Brown
    Haircolor: Brown
    Height: 4'10"
    Body type: Athletic
    Description: Mireille has a runners build and has extraordinarily good posture from horse back riding (English style). Her hair is long, and she keeps it carefully trimmed so it doesn't have split ends. If it isn't down loose, she has it in a braid. She normally wears a cardigan because she runs a bit cold.

• Weapons: She has done some fencing, but is not good at it.
    Skills: Mireille is a runner and an excellent horse rider.
    Talents: Mireille can play the piano. She's brilliant (hence being in Ravenclaw). She's determined and doesn't let things slide past her if she intends to accomplish it.
    Magical Enhancements: Mireille can have premonitions, but only as dreams. They are very disjointed and she has a hard time figuring them out at first. Much later she'll work on being able to have them while awake and much clearer.

Dislikes: Loosing, failing, being alone
    Dreams: Mireille thinks she'd like to work for the ministry, but she's not sure doing what just yet.
    Fears (boggart maybe): she doesn't like being disconnected from people or animals. Her boggart would be a dead friend.
    Habits: She carries a book with her at all times. She bites her lip. Mireille will braid and unbraid her hair if she's nervous. She tends to just do little ones near the front when she is bored.
    Hobbies(OPTIONAL): Playing the piano and horse back riding
    Personality: Mireille is a happy girl. She isn't a type A, but she can be very controlling if she needs to be.
    Patronus: Horse

• Blood Status: Pure
    Family: The Standiford Family
    History of Family (OPTIONAL. If they are famous purebloods or had been a death eater at some point): The Standiford Family is well known drink maker. They have never had anything to do with the Death Eaters. Mireille's grandmother is a well known seer, but no one else in the family has shown signs of being a seer. Mireille's Grandfather was killed during the first war. He went into the fight knowing he would die (thanks to Phillys), but in the process he saved several people that would have died otherwise. (more to come)
    Friends(OPTIONAL):
    Enemies(OPTIONAL):
    Bio: Mireille's family has been all about making status and staying that way. Her Grandmother has whispered to Mireille that she can marry anyone she pleases, but her father insists on her future husband being pure blood. Even though the family never had official ties to the death eaters Walter Standiford didn't seem to say anything against them during the wars. (more to come)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
I feel as if I'm getting something mistaken here, but O+ isn't really what I picture when I think of the term "Body type". I like the character, though! Really reminds me of somebody, although I can't quite put my finger on whom...

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
ACK! I read blood type! Thank you. I'll fix it.

Edit: The image is of Lilly Collins. Mireille, when she's older, is compared to Audry Hepburn and Lilly Collins looks a lot like Audry Hepburn.

To explain the when she's older bit, Mireille is a character of mine and my sister's, but when we write her she's 17-18. Also not part of the harry potter universe. But I like getting to know my characters better by putting them in different worlds like this.

I feel like, background and personality wise, she sort of seems more like the type to be Muggle-born rather than Pure Blood, don't you think? That's just my opinion though, judging by her pass-times and her family's backstory.

I feel like, background and personality wise, she sort of seems more like the type to be Muggle-born rather than Pure Blood, don't you think? That's just my opinion though, judging by her pass-times and her family's backstory.
She's the type to be muggle born yes. But her father isn't. Even if there was muggle blood in there'd he'd have supressed any such rumors. Walter was a slytherin he's got too much ambition for anything else. But Mireille, she's not like that. If I made her muggle born her father would be outraged magic existed. He'd be a Dursley type. In the story Mireille is from he is actually. Mireille can have premonitions in the source story, but her father would have sent her to an asylum if she said to him she could. So it was for me a decision of do I make her life difficult or do I give her impossible hurdles that mean she'd only be going to school because her grandmother has put the fear of God into Walter. If that makes any sense.

Hello, I'd like to join if that is okay. I would like to clarify though, every one i s playing first years?

Hello, I'd like to join if that is okay. I would like to clarify though, every one i s playing first years?
Yup. We're all starting togetha!

You are also welcome to join anytime ^^

Oh shoot I forgot to add what types of pets you can bring. Owl, Cat, or Toad right? Do you guys think I should add it in or just leave it for the IC thread?

@☆StarryNIGHT☆ Would it be okay if, since it is next generation, if they recognized Darkness Hounds? (They come from the same area as Dementors, only are good and telepathic and very loyal.)

Character Sheet

• Name: Ashlyn Lucore
    DoB (Date of Birth): January 19th
    Profession: Aspires to be a free-lance curse breaker
    Race: Half blood witch with minute traces of vampiric ancestry
    Wand type:
    Black Walnut
    Familiar: Cat
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw

• secrett.jpg

Eyes: Dark blue, almost coal like irises
    Haircolor: Raven
    Height: 146 cm
    Body type: Slender
    Description: She loves floppy clothing and will deliberately add ribbons to her uniform to see them dance back and forth as she walks. This is also the reason she never wears buns. Geometric shapes also interest her, so it's not uncommon to find patterns in her accessories or personal belongings.

• Physical Skills: Due to her explorative journeys around homes and stores, she has become quite stealthy for her age. Ashlyn is a skilled climber and enjoys reaching odd places.
    Talents: She is curious by nature, and has a tendency to ponder over mysteries and questions until they're solved. Ancient runes interest her, so she can be found in the library studying ancient texts and languages. Arithmancy is a subject she has read up on.

Magical Enhancements: While Ashlyn has yet to master one, her father's family is well known for developing and performing counter spells.

• Likes: Finding patterns in everyday life, creating puzzles (especially puzzle boxes), and candy shaped like insects.
    Dislikes: Easy-to-solve riddles, any magical thing that changes a person's state of mind (love potions), sorting people into houses, and garlic (she gets hives).
    Dreams: She aspires to be a free-lance curse breaker to preserve magical artifacts.
    Fears: Petrifying curses
    Habits: She likes to pretend feather brushes are wands.
    Hobbies: Studying languages and juggling
    Personality: Ashlyn is a social child who enjoys conversing with people about shared interests. She enjoys enchanting or jinxing objects and watching others try to use them. Due to her curiosity, it's not uncommon for her to explore things deemed "off limits." This gets her in trouble more times than not, but Ashlyn isn't stirred by punishments. She doesn't take time outs seriously and will undoubtedly annoy several teachers during detention.
    Patronus: Thestral

• Blood Status: Half Blood witch with vampiric ancestry

Family History: Lucore family members are well known for creating anti-spells for aurors and hit wizards over the past few centuries. However, it's rumored that a relative once dedicated her time to creating curses and hexes. People laugh about it, but there's an unmistakable air of tension whenever the topic is brought up. Vampiric traces of blood can be tracked back many generations and would explain why family members have unusually long life spans.

Bio: Several years ago Ashlyn's parents got into a heated argument after her mother found notes hinting at a spell her father was working on as an unspeakable. The couple broke up a month or two after the discovery, and Ashlyn was left in her father's custody. Over the years, she has travelled between her parents' homes and learned a lot about different wizarding views from them. Both parents encourage her to study anti-spells. Her mother is a hit wizard and will discuss methods her team uses to subdue criminals, including the use of anti-spells and potions.

• Love
I'm not sure Vampires can breed, although anybody is free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh right, I forgot to include Morgan's Familiar in her sheet. I knew I missed something. If you want my opinion, I don't think custom familiars should be allowed, unless you're a foreigner. Owls, Cats and Toads work perfectly fine (or Rats, if you're feeling adventurous.)

I convinced a friend to join. She has to join the site first.

Character Sheet

• Name: Naomi Castel
    DoB (Date of Birth): August 7
    Profession: Dragonologist, but she's expressed interest in wand making before.
    Race: Witch
    Wand type: 12 1/2 inch, Sycamore wood with dragon heartstring core. Pliable
    Familiar/pet: Grey cat with white front paws named Calix.
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Hufflepuff

• tumblr_mgl0iwgBtb1rihdkdo1_500_zps741fa8da.jpg

Eyes: Hazel
    Hair color: Light brown
    Height: 144 centimeters (or about 4' 7" I think)
    Body type: Slim
    Description: Scrawny is a word that typically comes to mind when people see her for the first time. She's not all to concerned with how she looks, only doing what she needs to in order to avoid looking like she just rolled out of bed and went on with her day. Her hair is typically a mess by the end of the day.

• Weapons: She's pretty good at using a slingshot from always carrying one when she'd play with her brother and his friends.
    Skills: She's quick on her feet and a somewhat quick thinker.
    Talents: She's good at making things when given enough time. She prides herself on the fact that she can do a cart wheel and stand on her hands for a little while.
    Magical Enhancements: None (Maybe something eventually, but not now)

Dislikes: Being alone, getting in trouble, disappointing others
    Dreams: She wants to be a prefect like her brother.
    Fears : Dogs (which is also her boggert; subject to change), Heights, Thunderstorms

Habits: She chews the inside of her cheeks and taps her foot. If she's holding a quill (or other writing utensil) and needs to reach for something else or go through her bag, she will often hold the quill between her teeth in order to do so (She does this to avoid losing her quills, which she does frequently despite this).

Hobbies: Stargazing, drawing
    Personality: Naomi is, to say the least, a bit of a tomboy. A little adventurous. A bit curious. She has a tendency to be very determined to do things on her own. However, she can be somewhat absent-minded and maybe even too light hearted. Also, she's kind of shy because she hasn't really had to make friends on her own before.
    Patronus: Black bear

• Blood Status: Halfblood
    Family: Castel (Non-canon)
    Mother: Elizabeth Castel. Healer.
    Father: Nicholas Castel. Ministry of Magic worker.
    Brother: Matthew Castel. 18. Former Gryffindor. Now works as a Healer as well.

History of Family: (Optional.) All I can really think of is that her mom is of half-blood descent and her father is Muggleborn.
    Friends(OPTIONAL): Carlyle Lies Haelan
    Enemies(OPTIONAL): None atm

Bio: Naomi grew up in Aberdeen with her parents and older brother, Matthew. They spent a lot of time outside, typically by the Dee River with his friends. One afternoon she was playing hide and seek with them when she ran behind a house and came upon a dog. And being the young child (about four/five years old) she was, Naomi assumed that that dog, like all other dogs she'd encountered, was friendly. So when she ran over to pet it, she didn't think it was going to bite at her, but it did. Her brother and his friends quickly took her home, and even though her mom was able to heal it with magic, she was left with a fairly big fear of dogs. And although it has diminished very slightly and she recognizes that the dog probably hurt her because she was intruding and ran up to it, she's still afraid of them.

When her brother started going to Hogwarts, she became a bit lonely. She'd often go to the places where they'd always play together if only to pretend he was there to play or make herself lonelier. She also made a few imaginary friends as the years went on. He'd often write home, and each letter made her more and more excited to start school at Hogwarts.

• Love
Character Sheet

• Name: Naomi Castel
    DoB (Date of Birth): August 7
    Profession: Dragonologist
    Race: Human
    Wand type: 12 1/2 inch, Sycamore wood with dragon heartstring core. Pliable
    Familiar: Cat
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Hufflepuff

• View attachment 49739

Eyes: Hazel
    Hair color: Light brown
    Height: 144 centimeters (or about 4' 7" I think)
    Body type: Slim
    Description: Scrawny is a word that typically comes to mind when people see her for the first time. She's not all to concerned with how she looks, only doing what she needs to in order to avoid looking like she just rolled out of bed and went on with her day. Her hair is typically a mess by the end of the day.

• Weapons: She's pretty good at using a slingshot from always carrying one when she'd play with her brother and his friends
    Skills: (OPTIONAL. As in, I honestly can't think of anything to put here and will try to fill it in if I come up with something)
    Talents: (OPTIONAL.)
    Magical Enhancements: None

Dislikes: Being alone, getting in trouble
    Dreams: She wants to be a prefect like her brother.
    Fears : Dogs, Heights, Thunderstorms

Habits: She chews the inside of her cheeks and taps her foot. If she's holding a quill (or other writing utensil) and needs to reach for something else or go through her bag, she will often hold the quill between her teeth in order to do so (She does this to avoid losing her quills, which she does frequently).

Hobbies: (OPTIONAL.)
    Personality: Naomi is, to say the least, a bit of a tomboy. A little adventurous. A bit curious. She has a tendency to be very determined to do things on her own. However, she can be somewhat absent-minded and maybe even too light hearted.
    Patronus: Bear

• Blood Status: Half blood
    Family: Castel (Non-canon)
    History of Family: Optional. All I can really think of is that her mom is of half-blood descent and her father is Muggleborn.
    Friends(OPTIONAL): None atm
    Enemies(OPTIONAL): None atm

Bio: Naomi grew up in Aberdeen with her parents and older brother, Matthew. They spent a lot of time outside, typically by the Dee River with his friends. One afternoon she was playing hide and seek with them when she ran behind a house and came upon a dog. And being the young child she was, Naomi assumed that that dog, like all other dogs she'd encountered, was friendly. So when she ran over to pet it, she didn't think it was going to bite at her, but it did. Her brother and his friends quickly took her home, and even though her mom was able to heal it with magic, she was left with a fairly big fear of dogs. And although it has diminished very slightly and she recognizes that the dog probably hurt her because she was intruding and ran up to it, she's still afraid of them, especially larger dogs.

When her brother started going to Hogwarts, she became a bit lonely. She'd often go to the places where they'd always play together if only to pretend he was there to play. He'd often write home, and each letter made her more and more excited to start school at Hogwarts.

Did I forget anything? It's not entirely finished but I thought I'd check.​
Everything seems to be in order ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.