Harry Potter: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to start! I do have a question. Will there be limit to how much a person can post before everyone gets a turn?

I'm excited to start! I do have a question. Will there be limit to how much a person can post before everyone gets a turn?
Well since there is so many of us we can either do a posting list (which in my opinion would probably kill this RP right from the start because of inactive people) or we can follow the three-post rule. Its where you have to wait for three posts from different RPers after you made yours to start writing up your next reply.

That and if you guys notice someone falling behind don't hesitate to spam their name onto each of your responses until they pop back into existence :P

Okay, the three response rule sounds good. Hopefully we don't have to spam anyone XD

yeah, and thanks for letting me pull in the Darkness Hound, I learned about it from some fanfics, and then rewatched the movies that had it so I knew what it really was, but it doesn't show itself much. I should (fingers crossed) have my cs finished up today, I just need to finish writing his bio because his hound has a huge thing to do with his past. XD

Character Sheet

• Name: Alice Aegean
    DoB (Date of Birth): March 22nd
    Profession: Possible Ministry Worker/ Fortune Teller/ Undecided
    Race: Witch
    Wand type: Alder wood, Unicorn tail hair, 9" and surprising firm
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Hufflepuff!

• elle+fanning+eclipse+%2811%29.jpg

Eyes: Blue
    Haircolor: Blond
    Height: Four foot eight inches
    Body type: Thin and willowy
    Description: Alice is an average looking eleven year old, with blond hair that reaches to her mid-back, and blue eyes that look like the clear sea. She has freckles, which is surprising for a girl from London, but she takes after her father in that way. She has a few scars, most noticeably one on her upper right arm, from an accident involving her best friend. The scar is in the shape of a small circle. She tends more towards the thin and tall side as for her body type, due to both her mother and father. She speaks with a very formal tone, after her mother, but has some American words and phrases thrown in, since her father is an American. (Her best friend makes fun of her for this all the time.)

• Weapons: Alice would be good with weapons, if her mother was not still mad at her best friend for the last several accidents involving some of Ala's father's weapons.
    Skills: Alice has the handwriting of an adult, very clean and ledgible.
    Talents: Good with tarot cards, has a good memory, is a fast reader, and is good at keeping up with Ala.
    Magical Enhancements: Since her father is technically a seer, Alice has a good knack at knowing things, and working with her tarot cards.

• Likes: Ala, biscuits, books, rain, her new pet owl, her parents, warm fires, Ala's parents, magic, her friends.
    Dislikes: Social situations involving more than ten people, the pointy end of weapons, blood, cookies (there is a reason for the difference between cookies and biscuits for her), seeing her friends hurt.
    Dreams: Get through Hogwarts with good scores, stay friends with Ala, and make her parents proud.
    Fears: Seing Ala hurt is her boggart. One of her other fears is spiders.
    Habits: Chasing after Ala, being so deep into a book that she can't hear a thing.
    Hobbies: Herbology, reading, future reading, playing with Ala.
    Personality: Alice is rather quiet when she is alone, but tends to speak up a little bit more with her best friend. She is very loyal to her friends, and does not like seeing them come into conflict, or in pain. She will lay down her life for her friends, even if she does not realize it at this time. She tries to be a bit independent, but ends up being a little dependent on Ala.
    Patronus: German Shepard, because they are know for being loyal and protective, like she is.
    Familiar/ Pet: A brown barn owl named Helga.

• Blood Status: Mixed.
    Family: Non-cannon
    History of Family: Alice was born to Tammy Aegean, formally of the Caldwell house, and Akitar Aegean. Tammy was born and raised in London to a wizarding family of old blood, but with mixed blood in there, and went to Hogwarts, where she was sorted in to the Hufflepuff house. While there, she met Arn Heath and Haru, and the three of them became good friends. Arn and Haru eventually married and had Ala, who would become Alice's best friend. Akitar was born in the U.S., to a mixed couple; his mother was a witch, and his father was muggle. He grew up in San Francisco, CA. He traveled over to England, and spent sometime there, applying for Citizenship, but only with the Ministry of Magic. Tammy and Akitar met due to Tammy's job in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, when Akitar was trying to keep himself from being deported back to the U.S. After that, he asked her out to tea, and the two became an unlikely couple, and surprised many of her friends when they did marry. Tammy still works for the Ministy in the Foreign Affairs department, and Akitar tells fortunes on the streets of London, and has quite the reputation among Muggles for being eerily accurate.
    Friends: Ala Heath
    Enemies: Pointy Objects
    Bio: Alice was born in London, and lives there with her parents, right next door to her best friend, Ala. Ala's parents and her mother have been friends since school, so it made sense that Alice and Ala would stick close to each other growing up. Her family lives in the old family home, which has been enchanted to be bigger than it appears on the outside. She had a happy childhood, mostly keeping up with Ala, and trying to keep her out of trouble. When she couldn't do that, she would participate in the trouble. Ala's parents are like second parents to her, and she spends much time at the Heath house. When she was young she started displaying some talents for telling the future like her father. For her eighth birthday, her father gifted her with her deck of Tarot cards, which is her preferred medium of fortune telling. When she received her acceptance letter to Hogwarts, Ala's parents surprised her with her owl. Her parents had done the same in turn for Ala. Since she is of mixed blood, she is well aware of the Muggle world and many of the inventions in it. Her family does own a TV, so she keeps up with programs.

• Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Character Sheet

• Name: Ala Heath
    DoB (Date of Birth): July 5th
    Profession: Working with Dragons
    Race: Very mixed, she couldn't tell you to be honest
    Wand type: Oak with Dragon heart string 10 inches Sturdy
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor

• Samuel+Silva+art+work+of+Russian+model.png

With earthy brown eyes.
    Eyes: Brown
    Haircolor: Red
    Height: 4'5"
    Body type: Straight
    Description: Ala's hands have some scars on them from climbing trees, and from the practice swords with her dad. She's skinny from being very physically active, but she has decent muscles (both from climbing way too many trees and sword practice). Ala's hair is messy, and looks like she might have cut it herself.

• Weapons: She wouldn't have it at school but she has an enchanted longsword her father made for her. She does have her practice sword though.
    Skills: She's good at mimicking sounds (animals and Alice's are her best)
    Talents: Good with animals, and flying (on a broomstick)
    Magical Enhancements: None, though she's exceptionally good with animals.

Dislikes: Seeing her friends hurt. Being told no.
    Dreams: becoming a Dragon handler and failing that a blacksmith like her father
    Fears (boggart maybe): Claustrophobia and her boggart would be
    Habits: She scratches at her head a lot. Bounces most of the time (can't sit still). Dragging Alice by the hand.
    Hobbies(OPTIONAL): Reading about dragons, flying, practicing at swords
    Personality: Ala is a very outgoing girl. She loves adventure (maybe too much, just ask Alice's mom). Extrovert, and active and a bit of a troublemaker.
    Patronus: Dragon
    Pet: Owl gifted to her from the Aegean's when she got her letter named Drake (because she was sad he wasn't an actual dragon)

• Blood Status: Mixed
    Family: Non-cannon Heath
    Father - Arm Heath
    Mother - Haru
    Grandfather (father's father) - Mathis Heath
    Aunt (mother's sister) - Elisa
    Cousin - Maggie McCarthy and Kyle McCarthy

History of Family: Ala's grandfather (father's father) was a Death Eater and if there hadn't already been someone bigger and stronger on the field he would have been in Voldemort's place. Her grandmother noticing that Mathis was going down that path took Arn and left with him. Arn was a normal Gryffindor who fell in love with a Slytherin. Haru wasn't a Slytherin because of the love pure blood but her cunning got her placed into that house. The pair of them became friends because of Tammy (Alice's mom). They all lived near each other giving Ala and Alice a wonderful childhood growing up next to each other.

Haru's family is extremely mixed. They're are quite a few dragon handlers in her family, which is where Ala gets her love for the creatures. Ala doesn't have any of the "special" traits that are known to crop in Haru's family. Haru has a younger sister who has two children (that are older than Ala). Haru got into the Slytherin house because of her cunning, she was never all that ambitions. Her father was half and half. Her mother's line is where all the weird mixing comes from. Haru herself shows little sign of that mixing and most of the family believes it has been bred out.

Friends(OPTIONAL): Alice Aegean.
    Enemies(OPTIONAL):
    Bio: Ala grew up in London next door to her best friend. Arn (Ala's father) is a blacksmith in London. He does work for both Magic and non-magic folk. For the magic folks he makes special blades that are enchanted. He has worked closely with goblins and therefore speaks Gobbledegook. Ala has no idea how to speak it, but can imitate the sounds really well.

Ala gave both her parents, and Alice's parent's plenty of headaches being the instigator for a lot of getting into trouble. She considers both Akitar and Tammy to be family as much as her own parents are. See Alice's bio for more info because these two are connected at the hip.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
yeah, and thanks for letting me pull in the Darkness Hound, I learned about it from some fanfics, and then rewatched the movies that had it so I knew what it really was, but it doesn't show itself much. I should (fingers crossed) have my cs finished up today, I just need to finish writing his bio because his hound has a huge thing to do with his past. XD
I'm curious I've never heard of them. Do you mind linking me to something about Darkness hounds?

I'm curious I've never heard of them. Do you mind linking me to something about Darkness hounds?
My guess is that they're talking about the Grim, but I can't be certain. No magical creature by the name of Darkness Hound exists in the Harry Potter universe, canon-wise.

My guess is that they're talking about the Grim, but I can't be certain. No magical creature by the name of Darkness Hound exists in the Harry Potter universe, canon-wise.
Okay that's what I thought. Kitty and I have been discussing this for the last hour trying to figure it out.

They do pop in the background of the series, but they are referred to as lesser boggarts, because how the line works (as far as I know) is that Dementors are the most advanced of the breed, which is why they have their magical power and the things they can do, then comes the boggarts, for being able to see your fears, and finally the DH, because they were just recently discovered. The original idea was pulled from the Grimm, but tweaked to fit in the HP world. If you want a pic, Ill have one is my cs, when I get the edits done.

• Name: Nick Leviosa
    DoB (Date of Birth): January 11
    Profession (we're going to be first years so consider this your future occupation or just leave it "Undecided" if you really don't know): Undecided, though leaning to follow my parents line of work.
    Race (Half Veela/werewolf/maybe you've got a little bit of giant in you ;p): 7/8 pure, 1/8 werewolf (i don't know about the wolf yet, but its the reason for my pet).
    Wand:
    [BCOLOR=transparent]- Length: 3'[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=transparent]- Flexibility: Stiff[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=transparent]- Wood: Acacia[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]- Core: Phoenix Feather (if you're okay with it, me being a descendant of Leviosa)[/BCOLOR]
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw

I need to finish but my class is just about to end, I'll try to finish it later today though.

• Love
*Jumps randomly from the bushes*

Would there be room for one more? c:

• Name: Nathan "Nate" Reaket
    DoB (Date of Birth): 16th of March
    Profession: Undecided as of now, something important.
    Race: Human
    Wand type: Ash, Dragon heartstring, 9 and a half inches, Unyielding
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin

• pop-haircuts-short-and-trendy-haircuts-for-kids_1.jpg

Eyes: Chocolate brown
    Haircolor: Brown
    Height: 4'6''
    Body type: Slim, slightly muscular
    Description: With his short hair usually a bit messy and his school uniform wrinkled more often than not, Nathan might come off as unkempt and uncaring of his appearance or the shape of his body. However, under the clothes, he's quite fit.

• Weapons: Fairly talented with a rapier.
    Skills: Quite agile and has fast reflexes.
    Talents: Extremely dedicated and focused on whatever task he has at hand. Is a quite fast learner.
    Magical Enhancements: None

Dislikes: wasting time, being insulted, cleaning, spicy food, loud noises

Dreams: Nathan wants to achieve something great and to leave some kind of a mark on the world, he wants to be a powerful wizard whose name everyone will know. He's not too picky about how he does this. He also wants a garden where he can grow a wide variety of different fruits.
    Fears: Failure, cramped spaces, boggart would be his parents disappointed in him.

Habits: Running his hand through his hair when he's anxious or deep in thought.
    Hobbies: Jogging, rapier practice.

Personality: Nathan is a hard worker and once he makes up his mind about something there's almost no way of turning his head around. He deeply focuses on what he does and gets frustrated if he's pestered while he's working on something or comes to a dead end. He can only fully focus on one thing at a time and sometimes tends to be completely blind to what's right in front of him. Nathan usually aims high and has a habit of demanding too much from himself and those around him. If he's faced with a set-back or he can't fill his own expectations, he gets anxious and doesn't quite know what to do, leaving him a bit lost for a while before he sets his eyes on another goal.
    The boy comes off as a bit antisocial most of the time and does actually prefer to be alone as he can only think clearly when there's silence and no distractions. Being around people he doesn't know also tends to make him uncomfortable.

Patronus: Hawk
    Pet: A dark green toad named Sam.

• Blood Status: Pure-blood
    Family: Reaket [Non-canon]
    History of Family: The Reaket family has a reputation as being strictly pure-blood with wealth to boast with. However, their worldly possessions seem to have diminished during the last few years but they're still above the average families when it comes to the weight of the wallet. Various members of this family have been known as Death Eaters through generations.

Friends: None atm
    Enemies: None atm

Bio: Being the only child of Lance and Rhiannon Reaket wasn't always easy, the boy had certain expectations to live up to. From a young age, Nathan learned when to keep his mouth shut and not to speak back to his parents. He was also made to take lessons with a rapier since it's never good to depend on magic alone. Besides, it was a hobby classy enough for a Reaket. Nathan didn't spend much time outside with other kids, instead he studied and practiced so one day, he would gain name for himself so his parents could be proud of him and the family name would stay respected. The young boy doesn't really have any dreams of his own, yet, only what his parents have told him to achieve.

I think that's all, I hope it's alright. :>​

• Love
  • Name: Nick Leviosa
    DoB (Date of Birth): January 11
    Profession (we're going to be first years so consider this your future occupation or just leave it "Undecided" if you really don't know): Undecided, though leaning to follow my parents line of work.
    Race (Half Veela/werewolf/maybe you've got a little bit of giant in you ;p): 7/8 pure, 1/8 werewolf (i don't know about the wolf yet, but its the reason for my pet).
    Wand:
    [BCOLOR=transparent]- Length: 3'[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=transparent]- Flexibility: Stiff[/BCOLOR]
    [BCOLOR=transparent]- Wood: Acacia[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]- Core: Phoenix Feather (if you're okay with it, me being a descendant of Leviosa)[/BCOLOR]
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw [tab=Appearance]View attachment 49881

I need to finish but my class is just about to end, I'll try to finish it later today though.
For the Shadow storage power is there a limit to how much you can store? (unlimited would be OP) Oh and is the wand 3 feet or 3 inches? (the wand ranges are 8-14 inches in length). Good luck with finishing it up :)

• Name: Nathan "Nate" Reaket
    DoB (Date of Birth): 16th of March
    Profession: Undecided as of now, something important.
    Race: Human
    Wand type: Ash, Dragon heartstring, 9 and a half inches, Unyielding
    HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin

• pop-haircuts-short-and-trendy-haircuts-for-kids_1.jpg

Eyes: Chocolate brown
    Haircolor: Brown
    Height: 4'6''
    Body type: Slim, slightly muscular
    Description: With his short hair usually a bit messy and his school uniform wrinkled more often than not, Nathan might come off as unkempt and uncaring of his appearance or the shape of his body. However, under the clothes, he's quite fit.

• Weapons: Fairly talented with a rapier.
    Skills: Quite agile and has fast reflexes.
    Talents: Extremely dedicated and focused on whatever task he has at hand. Is a quite fast learner.
    Magical Enhancements: None

Dislikes: wasting time, being insulted, cleaning, spicy food, loud noises

Dreams: Nathan wants to achieve something great and to leave some kind of a mark on the world, he wants to be a powerful wizard whose name everyone will know. He's not too picky about how he does this. He also wants a garden where he can grow a wide variety of different fruits.
    Fears: Failure, cramped spaces, boggart would be his parents disappointed in him.

Habits: Running his hand through his hair when he's anxious or deep in thought.
    Hobbies: Jogging, rapier practice.

Personality: Nathan is a hard worker and once he makes up his mind about something there's almost no way of turning his head around. He deeply focuses on what he does and gets frustrated if he's pestered while he's working on something or comes to a dead end. He can only fully focus on one thing at a time and sometimes tends to be completely blind to what's right in front of him. Nathan usually aims high and has a habit of demanding too much from himself and those around him. If he's faced with a set-back or he can't fill his own expectations, he gets anxious and doesn't quite know what to do, leaving him a bit lost for a while before he sets his eyes on another goal.
    The boy comes off as a bit antisocial most of the time and does actually prefer to be alone as he can only think clearly when there's silence and no distractions. Being around people he doesn't know also tends to make him uncomfortable.

Patronus: Hawk
    Pet: A dark green toad named Sam.

• Blood Status: Pure-blood
    Family: Reaket [Non-canon]
    History of Family: The Reaket family has a reputation as being strictly pure-blood with wealth to boast with. However, their worldly possessions seem to have diminished during the last few years but they're still above the average families when it comes to the weight of the wallet. Various members of this family have been known as Death Eaters through generations.

Friends: None atm
    Enemies: None atm

Bio: Being the only child of Lance and Rhiannon Reaket wasn't always easy, the boy had certain expectations to live up to. From a young age, Nathan learned when to keep his mouth shut and not to speak back to his parents. He was also made to take lessons with a rapier since it's never good to depend on magic alone. Besides, it was a hobby classy enough for a Reaket. Nathan didn't spend much time outside with other kids, instead he studied and practiced so one day, he would gain name for himself so his parents could be proud of him and the family name would stay respected. The young boy doesn't really have any dreams of his own, yet, only what his parents have told him to achieve.

I think that's all, I hope it's alright. :>​
Its perfect :) Accepted ^^

Sorry guys. I was probably the first one with two complete CSs I just needed to edit down to less writing.

I got sick n my nose is still stuffed D:
I haven't disappeared though. I've had trouble finding pictures of younger versions of my characters so I'm gonna change a few things for one and skip the pic and just write a description.

Also... I'll be on hiatus for about a month between December and January, just a heads up. During that time I'll probably pop in a couple of times, but I wont be very active.

Sorry guys. I was probably the first one with two complete CSs I just needed to edit down to less writing.

I got sick n my nose is still stuffed D:
I haven't disappeared though. I've had trouble finding pictures of younger versions of my characters so I'm gonna change a few things for one and skip the pic and just write a description.

Also... I'll be on hiatus for about a month between December and January, just a heads up. During that time I'll probably pop in a couple of times, but I wont be very active.
Alright welcome back :) Thanks for letting us know.

Character Sheet

• Name:
    Carlyle Lies Caelan

DoB (Date of Birth):
    12/25

Profession:
    "Demigod of Trickery"
    (^kidding^)
    Undecided

Race:
    Metamorphmagi

Wand type:
    Ebony Wood, Phoenix Feather Core, 12 in. Surprisingly Swishy

HOGWARTS HOUSE:
    Slytherin

• Tom.Marvolo.Riddle.full.1618480.jpg
    Tom.Marvolo.Riddle.full.949987.jpg
    Tom.Marvolo.Riddle.full.890867.jpg

Tateyama.Ayano.600.1538098.jpg
    Tateyama.Ayano.600.1710253.jpg
    Tateyama.Ayano.full.1730513.jpg

MALE BOTH FEMALE
    Eyes:
    Red

Haircolor:
    Black
    Brown

Height:
    5'3
    4'5

Body type:
    Lean, skinny
    Small, petite

Description:
    Its hard to describe Carlyle's exact appearance since he can change it at will. The above pictures are his most commonly used and favoured physical appearances. His original eye color had been an inky black but changed it to red as a private joke between himself and his pet snake, L.

• Weapons:
    He knows as much about weapons as he knows about light bulbs.
    (oddly, little to nothing)

Skills:
    Fast Runner, Strangely silent footsteps, Acceptably flexible

Talents:
    Pretty good cook, Great listener, Persuasive speaker, Convincing Liar Trickster, Silent Wand Magic, Dark Arts, Plays the Acoustic Guitar

Magical Enhancements:
    The ability to transform into different beings. Legilimency. Parseltongue (its questionable if this was a hereditary trait or if he unconsciously picked it up while in a transformed state).

Animals, (non harmful) jinxes, practical jokes (regular at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes), Butterbeer, Music (Guitar - Mostly Acoustic), Flying, Sky Gazing (basically anything to do with looking ^up^), Trying something new

Dislikes:
    Misunderstandings, Awkward Situations, Judgemental People, Goodbyes, Rushing

Dreams:
    End each school year with a "Bang"
    Travel the world
    Meet a Hungarian Horntail face to face
    Find a Basilisk
    Do something worthwhile

Fears:
    Losing something important
    Forgetting
    Clowns
    The boggart would probably be a clown holding a bloody knife.

Habits:
    Strangely starts talking to himself at random scenarios, Loves to play with hair or loose cloths, Falls asleep in the most randomist places (he is a light sleeper so it has to be mostly isolated).

Hobbies:
    Playing the Guitar, Practicing Transfiguration

Personality:
    If you're looking for a normal, pretty average run of the mill Joe then you've come to probably the worst place in the world. Carlyle is without a doubt the most "curious" person you will ever come across, if not a bit perplexing. He has a mindset that basically rather than focusing on one certain perspective, he sees everything through a kaleidoscope of colors. His belief is that there are many sides of life and its up to us to see them. Though only being a child, he understands the basis of his belief but hasn't quite grasped the entire concept yet.

Rather than coming off as a 'brooding genius', Carlyle prefers to lead a more carefree and fulfilling life. Keeping a fairly relaxed and playful attitude tends to make him exude a calm aurora. So if you ever need a breather or just need to let a bit of steam off, a cup of tea with this guy would do you some good. Then there's his abnormally large patience and capacity to understand others points view. Nothing is ever too good or bad just like not everything is black and white to him. So if you ever just need to spurge about something and want someone thats genuinely interested to listen then you're at the right place.

Patronus:
    Nightingale

• Blood Status:
    Half Blood

Family:
    Father ~ Charles Caelan (Muggle)
    Mother ~ Julie Caelan DECEASED (pureblood wizard)
    Little Sister ~ Adelaide Caelan (4 years old)

History of Family:
    Julie Caelan died during childbirth (Adelaide's), leaving Charles to take care of both magically endowed children.

Friends(OPTIONAL):
    Justice E. Everett
    Naomi Castel

Enemies(OPTIONAL):

Bio:
    From a young age Carlyle had developed his metamorphmagus powers. It proved to be quite the challenge as it continuously fluctuated but thankfully it more or less stabilized after his sixth birthday. It was near that time when he came across his childhood friend or more of pet, L, a garden snake that lived in his mother's rose bush. They were an unbreakable duo and with lots of convincing from Carlyle's father, L was allowed to 'live' with them (it gave him more of a free slither range around their house) if it swore that it wouldn't go around biting anyone.

They were as close as a snake and human could get. They even had a private joke between them that actually has a much darker reason behind it. L had been educating Carlyle about the four houses of hogwarts after discovering that he was to attend that school when he had mentioned one the school founder, Salazar Slytherin and his descendents. One of which was none other than the infamous He Who Shall Not Be Named. Since having the ability to talk to snakes was a trait most Slytherin descendents acquired it became a joke between them that Carlyle might be the next Slytherin Heir which morphed into the next Dark Lord.

It was just pure innocent fun really but Carlyle's parents all but had a stroke when he came home one day with red eyes. He explained that it was only his metamorphing abilities malfunctioning a little but the real reason was that apparently the last Lord of Darkness had ruby colored eyes. So it wasn't because he had any malicious intents or anything regarding killing an entire species but found others reactions to be quite interesting. That and he personally found it cool as heck.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ill make sure to have the limit listed (it does in fact have a limit, because the more i store, the weaker I become, unless it is a living being (like Horace) who goes in under his own will.) and I will be sure to take a look when I finish it all up. Since I live in Europe, my family and I were going around looking at Christmas markets and so I have not been home...

Status
Not open for further replies.