Happily ever after

Status
Not open for further replies.
As he walked on back, he reflected on his decision. Was there even a real reason for him not to follow her? No. No, there wasn't.

He sighed. Should he go back? He waged his decision and finally decided to run after her.

As he walked down the hills, he shouted out her name, to see where she was. "Xera? Xera?"

Xera enjoyed the waters quite a bit. So much so, she was actually considering the possibilities of settling here. Her father would probably be disappointed in her, as doing such a thing would leave a question on who became the next ruler of Ilum, and it wasn't going to be in their bloodline anymore. Still, she thought, it may just be a fancy...

She thought she heard her name, was it Sadao? She didn't see anyone around, she couldn't see much from her perspective in the water, with the waves and rocks.

Just another hour, she kept telling herself. Then she would get out of the water and find out where the adviser Doak was.

As he didn't get a a response, Sadao decided to just walk around the beach for a while,coo clear his head from the doubt that he was having. If she wasn't here, where could she have gone? And more importantly, why did she lie about where she was going? So that he couldn't follow her? It sounded dumb in his head, but in reality, it might've been just what happened...

Xera notched someone walking on the beach. It was Sadao, she thought. "Hi Sadao!" she yelled and waved, as she was about 25 meters from the sand, still swimming in the ocean.

As he heard a voice call out to him, Sadao turned to the water to face Xera. "Oh, hello there, Xera!"

The question that Xera had in her mind was, what was he doing there all of a sudden? "I thought you were going to the palace?" she yelled out again from the water.

"Oh yeah, it... Wasn't so important. Don't worry." He said as he smiled at her. "Don't you worry!"

"Don't worry?" Xera yelled from the ocean water. She was confused, and started getting closer to the beach land. "I was not worrying, should I worry now?"

"No, no, that's why I told you not to!" He smiled to her. "How's the swimming going for you?" He asked a bit nervously as he tried to restart a conversation.

Xera grinned, even though she wasn't sure what to think. "You are confusing me my Prince!" she yelled. "And the water here is lovely! I'm happy I get to swim in it!"

He smiled. "Well, I'm glad! We don't decide over the water, but I'm still glad!" He chuckled a tiny bit.

Xera for some reason kept getting confused by Sadao ever since he showed up at the beach. She realized, maybe the waves, or the water in her ears, might be making her misunderstand him. She decided to try to fix that.

"Turn around!" She yelled as she was getting out of the water.

He was about to question why, but as he noticed that she was swimming closer, he understood quite clearly and turned around to face the other way. "Tell me when I can turn back around!"

She got out of the water, and ran to her clothes. She quickly got dressed, and once she got all her clothes on, she went to Sadao. She smiled at how gentlemanly the prince was, he very well could have stood firm with his authority if he chose to.

"So, you said a lot of things that confused me since you saw me here," she said to him, "could you start over again?"

"Oh, yes, of course." He said as Xera had walked over to him. "As I was trying to say, I didn't have any real reason to actually return to the castle... So I felt bad and decided to follow you back here.

Xera looked at Prince Sadao curiously. "You came all the way here because you felt bad?" She asked. "A Prince, came all the way here because he felt bad?"

Xera smiled slightly. "You didn't need to come, I just wanted to see what the beach was like. But, I am happy to see you one last time before I depart, so thank you."

"Well... Yeah. I just started to debate my decision in simply leaving you as soon as you got to know that I was the prince of this island..." He sighed. "So... You've decided not to settle here?"

Xera frowned a bit. "Yes," she said, "I guess I won't be staying. It is regrettable, I wanted to, but I feel I need to attend to matters at home, in Ilum before I dream of other affairs."

Xera started walking back to the city. She wasn't sure of Prince Sadao would follow, but she had a feeling he would, as the palace was along the same path.

He sighed again and walked after her, as it was along the way, anyway. "Well... It's regrettable. I had hoped that you'd decide to stay here. Well... You'll always be welcome, anyway." He said as he smiled at her.

"Thank you," Xera said, "you may be a Prince after all, but I'll remember you always as the kind soul that guided me through your lovely city."

Then, an older man went up to Xera.

"Princess!" he said to her, "where have you been? The ship to Ilum departs in ten minutes! Let's go!"

The old man and four other man rushed her in another direction. She tried to look back at Sadao but she didn't see him in the mad rush that took her away.

Status
Not open for further replies.