Happily ever after

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King nodded understandingly. "Of course, Your Highness. Please, go on ahead." Sadao nodded slightly and led Xera out of the room, still completely silent.

Xera looked up at Sadao. "It is nice to be in your company of course. And, to finally meet your father." She thought of what else to say. "Do you have any plans for me while I am here?"

"Well... I didn't have the time to plan anything, if you understand. Your visit was unexpected, after all." Sadao shrugged. "Well, we can go to the square, if you'd like?"

Xera smiled at Sadao's suggestion. "That sounds lovely," she replied. She wanted some privacy with him, finally, and wanted to catch up with him, with the king, guards, or anyone else listening in. "So," she asked, "how have you been since... well, you know, since we parted, years ago?" She wondered what the answer from him would be.

"Well, to be honest, I've been feeling fairly lonely. I've had all the freedom a prince could want, but it just disn't feel the same to me. I guess that... I just missed you." He sighed. "Could you wait here? I need to change a bit."

"Okay", Xera said, as she nodded. She would wait for him to change, though she wasn't sure why he needed to. He looked good after all.

She thought about his answer to her, it was a similar feeling for her. She had been so busy, so wrapped up in the business affairs of the nation, that she didn't have much time to herself. And the first opportunity there was for free time... she found herself traveling all the way here.

Status
Not open for further replies.