Half Demon War Plot

She had no choice but to follow his orders. Kieara got up and moved that direction. Her bell dingled as she moved signaling her appearance. She rubbed her eyes sleepily. Her tail was dragging along th e ground lazily and her ears were drooped softly. "Good morning MAster." She spoke to him as she entered. She wasn't used to a master of hers doing such things for her.

William took the skillet and put an omelet on a plate and gave it to her. He poured her a glass of orange juice and that in front of her as well along with a fork. "Don't call me master: 1) in public it sounds real weird to people and 2) I am not your master but your new caregiver. And I feel bad but i have forgotten to ask for your name, so what may I call you? Oh, and you can just call me William." He smiled at her hoping that she would like his cooking.

Kieara tilted her head curiously. She was beginning to get more awake now. Her ears stood up easily on her head now and her tail swayed behind her. A soft dingle was heard from the bell as it moved. She looked up at him. When he gave her the order 'don't call me master' the bell glowed. It signified she'd been given an order she had to follow due to her curse. "My name is Kieara." She spoke to him with a smile. She then looked back to her food. "What is this? I've never had it before. It smells good." She spoke smiling.

William say the little glowing bell but ignored it for now. "That is an omelet. Its eggs, cheese, ham, bacon, and peppers. Its good. And it is nice to meet you Kieara." William said to her. Kieara, that is a nice name. "once you eat up we are going to the nearest mall to pick you up some new clothes. How does that sound?"

"You mean....I....get my own clothes?" She asked. She'd always had to share with other slaves. She'd never had anything that was just her own, much less bought new. She tilted her head. "Won't the other humans be scared of my ears and tail?" She asked remembering his reaction to them. She picked up her fork and tried it then smiled. "It's really good." She spoke and ate her food hungrily, but not in a sloppy fashion. She seemed to have a type of grace to her keen to a cat. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

William chuckled a little bit at her questions, "Yes you get have your very own new clothes. Humans won't freak out at the ears and tail unless the actually know they are real, otherwise they may look at us funny but they will think they are fake like i did. And finally why wouldn't I be nice to you? You haven't harmed another with the intent to do so, your innocent, and you haven't done anything to make me not act nice to you." William walked over to the closet and grabbed a couple of coats. He held one out to Kieara. "its a little big for you I think but its the smallest one I got. Come one let's start walking to the mall."

Kieara smiled and put the coat on. A soft purr escaped her lips. She liked his scent on it as well as how warm it was. HEr cat-like mannerisms was someting she couldn't help. It was in ehr nature. She twitched her ears and followed after him happily. She was basically swallowed whole by the coat, but it was effective nonetheless. She looked around at all the curious sites in this new world as they walked.

There was a slight chill in the air that day, not enough to see your breath but just enough that it warranted a jacket. William was being especially paranoid that day though he hid it extremely well, but he had under his coat one burst fire combat rifle in his long coat along with the handgun in his suite jacket. It was a nice day for a walk and the mall was only about two blocks down from where William lived. "How do you feel about working in my bar from here on out? Before you answer it would be good of you to know that a bar is a gathering place from humans where they serve alcoholic drinks and shows sports on a television. What do you thing?" William said to Kieara while walking next to her without taking his eyes from the scenery in front of him.

Kieara looked over her lavendar eyes blinking. She smiled to him. "It sounds fun." she knew what alcohol was, but she'd never heard of television. "What's a television?" She asked tilting her head in curiosity. There were a lot of things she was clueless on in this world. However, she was willing to learn. And she was very fond of William already. She wasn't aware he was packing, but she wouldn't mind if she did know. She trusted him not to hurt her. He did help her after all last night.

"Ummm...... A television is........ i don't think that i could give justice to what the device actually is but when you see one you will know and understand a little about what it does." Not long after did they reach the mall and went inside. "This is the mall. It has all sorts of places to eat and shop at. You can get almost anything here. Now where is the........ Ah here we go the directory. Ok," William pointed to a list that was on the map of clothing shops, "first off choose which shop you would like to go to first to pick up some clothes and then afterward we can walk around for a bit and check out the other stores." William beamed a smile at her.

Kieara smiled as she listened to him on the way. She followed him inside a little amazed at how big and bustling it was. She stopped purring when he went to the directory though. She looked down ashamed. Her face flushed red and she spoke. "I um.....I can't read....." She spoke. She didn't understand all the writing on the directory list. She couldn't read english, and she could only understand a few words that were written in runes back in the magical realm and that was only because one of her masters was a warlock.

"Hey I'm sorry. I shouldn't have assumed, but you know what when i get the chance ill take the time to teach you how to read engish. Come on lets go walk around and when you see a store that you like just drag me over there ok?" William was looking at her in the eyes, he was almost entranced by the lavender colored eyes that were looking at him back. It was then that he realized in the short amount of time they had been together, he come to really care for this girl Kieara.

Kieara's ears and tail perked up at his suggestion. "You'll teach me?" She asked eagerly. Her eyes seemed to light up at the idea. She purred and nuzzled him affectionately. She wasn't aware this could be considered weird in the human world, but it was how she showed affection. She really liked William. He was the first to fully gain her trust. She was excited about her day out with him.

William couldn't stop smiling. "Yes I'll teach you, but first new clothes." So he walked her around the mall waiting for her to pick a store that she liked. Still this paranoia would not leave him this day, like something was going to happen or he was being followed and watched, rather they were being followed and watched.

He didn't know how true he was. Kieara wasn't aware of it yet though. She picked a store and went inside looking at the pretty clothes. She liked the things that she saw in there, but seemed drawn to things that had the colors purple and blue in them. She suddenly stopped freezing as her ears worked overtime on her head twitching this way and that. She heard something, though if he were to listen, he wouldn't hear anything out of the ordinary.

William watched and enjoyed Kieara's enthusiasm as she jumped from clothes rack to clothes rack and then he saw her fixate on an ensemble of blue and purple. William walked up to her, "Did you find something that you like or maybe......." Then he say her ears moving in the way that cats' do when they are on alert or hear other animals. "Ummmmm........... What are your ears doing?"

"Shhhh." She told him. She looked up and towards the door of the clothing store then she saw it. A pixie. It looked like a bright ball of yellow with barely the outline of a human form in the center. She paled and her ears drooped after that. It paused then came for them. It made a fluttering like that a hummingbird's wings would as it approached. It then landed on the clothign rack. "Kieara?" It said in a pitcy voice, a female pitcy voice. IT sounded like something that would happen if insects could talk.

William was stunned at what he was seeing. "uhhhhhh............ Who is this and how do they know you?" This day was just going to get weirder and more complicated if not dangerous or all of the above William could feel it.

Kieara's ears were pinned in fear. The pixie looked to him and tilted her head. She then spoke. "I am a messenger from the captial of Avalon. Kieara you're being summoned to the Obsidian City." She spoke. Kieara got even paler if possibly. "W....Why?" She asked. The pixie spoke. "I don't know, but you have to go as soon as possible."

William grab the tiny creature by the wings and brought it up to his face, "I don't think so. She isn't going back to that place ever again if I can help it. It has done to much damage to the poor girl." He looked serious and stern and stubborn about this decision and nothing but the girl standing next to him was going to change his mind.