Half Demon War Plot

"The pixie?" she asked. She waited for the world to stop spinning before getting up feeling a few bones crack. She winced then stretched slightly to work some soreness out. She then headed the direction he pointed.

William followed behind her. "Is that what that little thing was called. Why was it giving you orders?"

"Pixies here are used as messengers." she spoke. "Most of the capital uses them, though that one came straight from the captial building of all of Avalon." She spoke to him. "I'm not sure what they want with me."

William continued in silence preparing mentally for anything. He was nervous about all this.

Kieara smiled over to him. "I know you're scared, I can sense it, but you can calm down you know. Things here aren't that bad unless you're a half blood like me." she promised him.

"Well in a magical realm, to be one with no magic cannot be looked upon well here, and since there are no humans are here they cannot be to fond of humans either." William said, trying to keep calm and talking it out was one of the best ways for him to do that.

Kieara twitched her ears then spoke. "We're here." As they exited the trees a vast city could be seen. There were buildings of all shapes and sizes, some were tall, some were short, some had doors that simply led underground, some weren't even on the ground and suspended by ropes holding them down. Some were glowing, some not. Some made of odd substances, and others more normal ones. There was any type of building you could imagine, but most prominent was the enormous Obsidian Capital building in the center.

William was in aw of the giant city. "It's like a weird version of the Emerald city from the Wizard of OZ." He proceeded to take out his guns and look them over, checking the sights and ammo. He looked at Kieara, "I do not care what you say or think about this right now, I am going in there completely prepared. I am not going to le this place or whoever is in ther screw you up any more than it or they already have. So lets do this." William began to walk into the city. He walked with a purpose and confidence ready to take on anything this place could throw at him and them.

Kieara was appreciative of his gesture, but spoke. "You better keep those hidden." She warned. "It's best to try not to look threatening." She tolld him. then she led him into town. Like the buildings, there was any type of creature that you could imagine. Ogres, pixies, vampires, werewolves, shifters, mages, warlocks, witches, though there was no one who really looked like her. They were all busy underground in stock rooms or they were inside working. She stared at the ground as she led him under harsh gazes and whispering among the people there who seemed not to like her.

William again did what he was told and rehid his guns. There were so many different species of beings here. All them legends and myths, was it that people from his realm found a way here, people from this realm found a way to his, or a combination of both. He noticed Kieara put her head down, "Hey," He said to her, "keep your head up. stare directly into the path before you." He took his hand under her chin pulling her face so that their eyes met. He smiled that kind smile of his at her, "It's all gonna be ok." He said.

Her ears were drooped and her tail wasn't swaying happily like it usually did around him. She had it curled around her waist so no one would step on it. She wasn't used to having someone who'd take up for her though, so when he told her to hold her head high, it was a bit of a shock to her. She smiled up at him and nodded to him as she looked ahead again. No one else seemed to possess the feline features that she did either.

William still walked with confidence though everyone was looking at the strange creature in their midst. He did the occasional looking around and noticed that in the whole crowd there was no one that looked like Kieara. "Ummmm..... Why does no one look like you do here?" He ask her a little shy with the question.

Kieara spoke. "Because half bloods aren't really smiled on. They're here, just not in plain site, and i'm a half demon. Demons aren't permitted in the city much." She said. "Demons are hated here, so that makes me even more hated." She said. "I'm not even special enough to be a full blooded demon." She said as she navigated the streets with ease.

William chewed over her answer. "So half-demons work in the background in this city right? So how do half-demons come into being if demons are not allowed in here or if no one goes near them?" William was starting to get that itch to know everything all at once and he couldn't stop it, he just had to ask all that he could and try to control the speed.

Kieara spoke. "It happens. Some people don't believe what's said about demons and try to befriend them, some demons are aggressive and just take what they want, but for the most part, they only want left alone." She explained. "Half demons are rare." She explained to him as they started up the steps of the capital building.

"Has it ever happened that a half-demon ever became a full demon?" William asked just out of curiosity. He kept looking at the big building in the middle of the city that they seemed to be heading to.

"No." She spoke to him. "at least, not that I know of." She seemed to grow more nervous with each step. Soon they reached the top. Two gigantic cyclops stood beside the door one on each side in armor and holding spears. She led him inside. The room was pitch black. You literally could see nothing but darkness, then one light turned on. At the head of the room was one long table with one of each creature sitting htere, minus a half demon. All you could see was that table. Kieara stepped to the edge of the light as the door to the outside was shut. "You summoned me?" A mage glared and spoke. "Who do you think you are? You didn't even bow before your elders, how disrespectful." She spoke her temper flaring. "Of course you have no manners, you're one of them." The woman spoke. Kieara kneeled before them. "Rise." the woman then spoke.

William couldn't help himself but argue in this situation, "From what I have heard of your society, you treat half-demons as slaves and expect them not to learn customs of yours, essential treat them like second class citizens, yet you expect that they some how know enough etiquette to show you respect and treat you as superiors. Here is an inquiry, it seems you treat these creatures as such because they have know knowledge, or at least you think so I personally disagree, but have you ever thought that they act this way because you people have treated them like this? Has it ever occurred to you to maybe try and treat them with respect and actually teach them something?" William began the tirade and could help but finish it to the end.

Kieara looked back at him wide-eyed. "William!" She squeaked. He didn't realize how powerful these beings truely were. A warlock at the end of the table stood. "Silence! You human!" He spoke. He rose a hand shooting a blast of energy at him. Kieara moved him in time to get the tip of her tail scorched. HEr tail was already sensitive, so it hurt even worse. She hit her tounge and didn't cry out though used to abuse. "He's sorry sir, he didn't mean it...." Kieara spoke. "On to business....." the ogre spoke. "We did summon you here. Kieara, you're being summoned to war."

William did not like the sound of this at all. "Kieara, this is an order, you are to get behind me and stay there, do you understand?" William step to the middle of the other creatures gazes. "Yea I did mean it. I will not have her defend my actions, for it is not her job to do that. And if you are so powerful why should we not send you to war, huh?" William did not like how this place treated other creatures in the slightest. This kind of action towards other was unforgivable in his eyes, and he would fight to stop it.