Grey times after school

There was silence for a while, but suddenly a response came from the other side, "Now who the fuck is this?!" it was the voice
of someone around his 20's, probably even older, and he was very, very pissed off.

Riley jumped, and debated for a minute. If Riley hung up, the guy would assume the worst. If he answered, well, maybe he could wiggle out of it. "Oh, sorry. That guy threw the phone, I wanted to check if it was still on." Riley closed his door. "Anyways, er, I'm sorry, I can return this to you, if you'd like...?"

"Return what?! Who the fuck are you and why do you have that whore's cellphone?!" the man on the other side was raging.

RIley Blinked. "I'm Riley. Like I said, that guy threw his phone, and ran off. I just wanted to check if it was broken. And I meant return the phone."

The man just suddenly hung up when a second voice was heard on the background, it was hard to tell whose since it was very low
and it almost felt like a background noise, it was hard to tell what was going to happen.

(I can put the scene between them or a time leap, whichever you prefer)

Riley blinked, and pressed his ear closer to the phone. "Uhh...hello?"
Unfortunately, the line went dead, and Riley sighed, pocketing the phone. He headed back inside and promptly fell asleep on the couch.
~~~
About a week or two had passed since Riley had seen Liam. It was probably for the best. It gave Riley some time to settle into his new life. In fact, he was starting to enjoy the freedom. He could eat in the living room, he could stay up all night and watch what he wanted, read what he wanted: his entire life was pretty much based on whims. Riley had almost completely forgotten about the other boy. This wasn't so bad! The job Faline had managed to get Riley was actually pretty fun, too. It was a lot of hard work and physical labor, but Riley didn't mind. All he could think was 'Man, Faline's got connections.'

One night, Riley decided to go for a midnight stroll, since he could do that now. Be out at all hours. He bid a quick farewell to Faline, who promised to look for his body if he wasn't home by tomorrow night, and headed to the park.

The winter season was almost over now, and aside from the scattered flurries every now and again, the weather had begun to warm up quite nicely.

Amongst the last bits of snow left in the park benches it looked like someone had been moving them, playing with the snow, but there
was nobody around, however, and suddenly, someone stood up from behind some bushes, it was Liam who only had a long sleeved shirt,
black and the sleeves had black and white strips on it. He noticed Riley but instead of saying anything, he only looked at Riley coldly, and
pointed in front of him "Don't step on it" he only said, pointing at the very small snowman which Riley could have stepped on if he had taken
another step.

Liam had an eye patch being held up by bandages over his right eye, bandages on his hands both and he had many small scars on his face,
like he had received a horrible beating and it was healing slowly.

Riley jumped, and stepped away from the tiny snowman. "Oh, hey," was all he said. He cleared his throat. "Er, no offence, but you look awful. Is...there anything I can do to help? Or, are you still not allowed to be near me?" Riley remembered that Liam would only be put through pain if they hung out, so he had come to terms that the best way to keep Liam safe was to stay away.

He didn't respond to that and only walked trough the bushes and crouched in front of the little snow man "Some kids came and made it,
they were so proud I thought I'd protect it until it melt" he simply answered, fixing the snow around it, the small piece of childish art was
already melting, and due to the dim rain it was melting even quicker, Liam was completely soaked and shivering but he seemed... different.

"Just don't step on it" he requested, his voice like always was much of a whisper, low and deep, although manly also soft.

Riley gave a soft smile. "Of course I won't. That's very sweet of you to protect it." Riley shivered a little and blew into his hands. "Hey, Liam...It's cold, isn't it? DO you want me to bring you some coffee? And maybe an umbrella?" Riley stretched "or, we could get some coffee and get out of this rain."

Liam remained quiet and moveless, until he stood up and looked around like he was being watched "Just go on like you never saw me"
he requested, his voice broken and soft was cracked like a stone being hit with a hammer "You never saw me, I'm already dead" he whispered
to Riley's ear, before walking away without looking back.

Riley shivered, and spun round, looking after him. "W-wait, Liam!" Riley shuddered. "Dead?" he squeaked. Riley uneasily began to follow along. Liam...couldn't be serious, right? Maybe this was a bad idea...Maybe Liam was still doing what he was doing? Riley reasoned that the first sign of trouble, and he'd run

Although Liam knew he was being followed he didn't as much as turn to Riley and walked down the stairs of the park that gave access to the
subway station, for some reason the time matched the moment the last train would run and the least people would be in the station, he paid
his card and moved onto the waiting tracks, not really stopping until he was on the waiting line in front of that yellow stripe drawn onto the
pavement of concrete that separated him from a horrible death and safe being.

He waited, and when the first sounds of the train coming at the distance could be heard he turned around and looked at Riley, his eyes were
empty, almost like he really was already dead. "I thought I'd make this the day my suicide would appear on the papers and the news, can you
imagine? 'Male underage prostitute kills himself after murdering his boyfriend over a money issue.' that kind of news would be forgotten the next
day, who would weep over a whore? over a man who would spread his legs and cry to strangers? I always thought I was the only one who ever
did that, I was being so naive... My boyfriend sold me, my parents are dead, and now, you're going to ruin my chance, aren't you?"

He turned to look back, the lights were almost there to be seen "This is my chance to end everything that's been going on ...but with you here I'd
have to wait another day... and another... and another..." he looked down to the ground "Let's make a deal, if you go back to school, and reunite
with me here, every day, at this hour, I promise I won't jump in front of the train... if you're not here one day, I'll kill Thomas the next day, and jump
in front of the train".

Riley felt his eyes go wide and his tounge dry up. He gently took Liam's arm, and sped-walked back to the park.
Once they arrived, Riley released Liam's hand, turned to face him

And promptly screamed at the top o his lungs. "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
He grabbed Liam's shoulders and gave a gentle shake "AAAAAAAAAA!"
Riley released Liam and broke down into a gibberish sobbing that sounded a bit like "Ashb bbbipdbb errbingderr" Riley confined to babble-sob while dialing is cellphone, signing for Liam to wait.

"Hello?"

Riley screamed into the phone again.

"I'll be there in ten," Faline sighed

Liam only remained there with a stupified face, he could hardly think why he had done that, or what the hell was going on anymore,
he was so utterly confused at this point he could just, and only look at the snow and then at Riley's face, the rain unfortunately got
more intense.

Riley was having a bit of a panic attack right now, and was trying his best to convey his feelings, but failing miserably. What he wanted to say was "Yes Liam: I will always come to visit you at the trainstation becauseI love you and I don't want you to do this to yourself," but it only came out as very confused babbling gibberish.
He'd never dealt with a suicidal person before what if he fucked up?

Faline pulled up with her car not long after. "In boys! Let's go, chop chop!"

Liam however didn't really move, he just looked over at the car and pushed Riley's shoulder "I have to go, just try and say yes or no"

Liam did his best to breathe normaly. Liam had just confessed he plannted to kill Thomas! Or, had he already killed Thomas?

Oh god, oh god, lungs, please work.

Liam breathed deeply a few times, clinging to Liam's arm. He wanted to say "Are you crazy? Don't kill Thomas, and don't jump because I can help you."

Of course that wasn't going to happen. Instead, he nodded furiously and managed to choke out. "Don't scare me like that ever again."

Liam kept it down and then turned to Riley, caressing his head "I'll take that as a yes" he simply said, before pushing Riley
away and running off, disappearing on the darkness of the late hours, not giving it a second thought, absolutely sure that
Riley would keep his word, he was so sure he actually didn't care when he realized he had a fever and had to stop at home
for the night, even tough it was empty and cold.

Riley climbed into the car and let Faline take him home. "Care to explain why you were making what I assume to be both an ass and a fool of yourself out there?" The girl asked innocently as she sped down the road.

"HE CONFESSED HIS MURDER AND SUICIDE PLANS TO ME," Riley screeched, "HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO ACT!?"

Faline "Hm"ed, made a sharp turn, and continued to speed. The car when over a very large bumb a little later. "Did you hit someone!?" Riley yelped, and Faline pushed his face. "No, relax," she assured, "You would've heard a crunch."

"Oh my god..."Riley sighed, slumping into his seat. "I'm not going to eve ask how you know that."

~~~
The next morning, Riley got dressed and continued through his routine. Breakfast, school, work, lunch, work, coffe break, work, home.

Riley lay down on the couch, and tried to get some sleep before going to meet Liam.

Faline pounced on him with half an hour to go before the meeting time. He scrambled into clean clothes, and headed out. AS he was walking, he stopped to get some coffee, even for Liam. Riley made his way into the substation with five minutes to spare, and looked for the boy.

(BluuuuuU~)