Greatest movies that all kids should watch?

Mulan because

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
I think you all are forgetting something...
2014-12-13-21-48-42-1634246305.jpeg

If possible, the extended editions are awesome. But one of the movies alone is three hours (ish), and that's not even extended.

My younger siblings absolutely love the Lord of the Rings trilogy (and The Hobbit, but we haven't watched it nearly as much). Like, there's so much I could say about this trilogy, but I don't need to write a book about it.

• Love
Reactions: Razilin
I think you all are forgetting something...
View attachment 51042

If possible, the extended editions are awesome. But one of the movies alone is three hours (ish), and that's not even extended.

My younger siblings absolutely love the Lord of the Rings trilogy (and The Hobbit, but we haven't watched it nearly as much). Like, there's so much I could say about this trilogy, but I don't need to write a book about it.
I watched all the Extended Editions in a row once

Best three months of my life

I watched all the Extended Editions in a row once

Best three months of my life

Fun :D We watched the first movie (extended) with our cousins once and we never got finished it. But it was quite entertaining. Then we had a marathon when we moved this past summer. That had to be the best 15 hours I've ever spent in a car.

Dang, @Hellis beat me to Alien.

Mr and Mrs. Smith?

2012, as a joke. I'd say we survived it and would love every reaction I could get out of it.

I tried getting them into Lord of the Rings, but they just didn't go for it.

However, they did like The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug, so I'm hoping that during Christmas break we can all sit around and watch the first one, and possibly (If they decide to behave like children instead of the heathens they often act like) go to the theaters to watch the third.

Reactions: EchoRun
Whisper of the Heart.

whisper-2-1024x552.png

And of course, all three Lion King movies, as well as Finding Nemo, Toy Story movies, The Incredibles, and Radio Flyer (sad, sad movie).

I never watched many movies and the like when I was a kid, nor do I still do such. I was read/read books every now and then (once a year or two) but even then I just did things I created with my imagination.

My movie list (in no specific order)for my kids though:
  1. Titan AE
  2. Mulan
  3. Quest for Camalot
  4. Spirited Away
  5. How to Train your Dragon
  6. Toy Story
  7. Lion King
  8. Equilibrium
  9. Iron Giant
  10. Neverending story
  11. Nightmare before Christmas
  12. Caroline
  13. Starwars
  14. Lord of the Rings
  15. Harry Potter
Anything else would be a maybe and would depend on how my react to Titan AE & Equilibrium and/or if they understand the meaning of Neverending story and follow what's happening.

I tried getting them into Lord of the Rings, but they just didn't go for it.

However, they did like The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug, so I'm hoping that during Christmas break we can all sit around and watch the first one, and possibly (If they decide to behave like children instead of the heathens they often act like) go to the theaters to watch the third.

Oh, that's a shame. At least they enjoyed The Hobbit. Well, enjoy the other two if you do end up watching them.

Whisper of the Heart.

whisper-2-1024x552.png

And of course, all three Lion King movies, as well as Finding Nemo, Toy Story movies, The Incredibles, and Radio Flyer (sad, sad movie).
omg this movie was cute!

my high school/middle school crushes did not fare anywhere near as adorably

my college and med school romances, on the other hand, led to epic wins

I was raised by my dad's obsession with Top Gun.

So yeah, I might pass that on.

The Cat Returns :D

Anything by Studio Ghibli or Hayao Miyazaki

The food tho.

Millions of land before time. Geez I haven't seen those in years, but I distinctly remember a dolphin thing with a weird voice. And Littlefoot.

Goonies. Its freaking kids just having a god damn adventure. Like what.

What about uh...Dumb and Dumber? Just gonna leave that there.

SPIRIT.WATCH SPIRIT. THE HORSES. IT IS THE SHIET MAN.

Millions of land before time. Geez I haven't seen those in years, but I distinctly remember a dolphin thing with a weird voice. And Littlefoot.

Goonies. Its freaking kids just having a god damn adventure. Like what.

What about uh...Dumb and Dumber? Just gonna leave that there.

SPIRIT.WATCH SPIRIT. THE HORSES. IT IS THE SHIET MAN.
Dumb and Dumber? My kids do enough weird things on their own without any influence. XD

Goonies was a pass. (My kids really have no taste!) I tried to get them into it, but they walked away.

Land Before time, I think they saw like one of the millions of sequels, didn't like it.

OH WAIT! What about "The Pirates of the Caribbean" movies?
They're split on Pirates. The first one was a no, but the second and third one they liked.

I have really picky kids.

But, I did finally convince them to sit down and actually watch the whole movie of Labyrinth with me, but I had to promise not to sing or dance, which totally ruined the experience for me. They wouldn't sing or dance either....such boring children.