Getting By

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A smile formed on Bill's face when John spoke of fun. It may have been a while since John last had fun, but Bill more than enjoyed a good shooting, be it people, cars, animals or inanimate targets like tin cans. Bill was a fanatic for guns, not so much the others, it seemed. "See if there's any booze left. Just a few glasses and this party will be starting in no time." He said and raised his hands in the air, shaking his hips a little in the couch. The klondike bar thing was completely new to Bill, though, being from Europe and all that. "Hell, I'd kill a man for a shot of pear schnapps... I don't even like pears. People aren't very friendly anymore, so I adjust to their standards. Shoot first, ask questions later."

He had rushed off and was coming up behind alexia and said " thought you could use some help...just incase of an ambush " He walked up besides her and pulled his hood down looking ahead, he held onto his pistol pointing it down the hallways with one hand and the other hand was in his pocket his eyes moving between everything that seemed to move and be able to move.

John looked at Bill with a small frown. He was starting to remind him of Luke. "Maybe instead of setting to someone else's standards, we should aim higher. Maybe that's why people aren't friendly anymore. Just sayin'."

He opened one of the doors. There was a bed frame, no mattress, and a bunch of blankets set in a heap. There was also a dresser with the drawers pulled out that had a television on top. It looked like someone had taken a bat to it. He walked in, looking it over. Burn the bed frame, use the sheets, and they might be able to have a relaxing night here. His foot caught something and he looked down. It was a faded metal box with a knob and a bent antenna. An old radio. Really old. From like the 1960s. No wonder no one had taken it. He picked it up and brought it out to the main room, squeezing in next to Nyla.

"What do you think are the odds someone's playing classic hits from the 80s nearby?" he asked. John turned it on and got a quiet, whining tone. Radios weren't supposed to make that noise. "Anyone know how to fix one of these?"

Alexia turned and gave the man a small smile.
"Thanks" She said even as she slid into one room then ducked with an oath as a bunch of bats began to fly around her head. She quickly backpedaled and slammed the door closed, locking most of the creatures in the room. However, the sound of the door slamming echoed around the building. She turned back to Kuroi. "So, hypothetically, if someone heard that, would they rush or hide, do you think?" She asked as she went to the next door, hoping to not be attacked by a bunch of bats this go around.

" i hope they attack us...then we an make sure this place is safe " he said laughing as he watched a bat fly around in the ceiling area and then fly down the hall, he looked back up the hall and said " Luckly those bats didnt eat your face " he rubbed his arm and then grabbed a hold of it twisting it a bit, some gears making a sound as he did this.

"I think it's safe to say there's no one else here," John said. He looked around. No one burst suddenly through a door. "I said I think it's safe to say there's no one else here!"

He looked around again. Still nothing.

"Huh. Someone ususally appears by this point," he said. "Either we really are alone here, or someone doesn't know how to play this game."

Alexia nodded her agreement, she was glad said bats hadn't eaten her face. She frowned all of a sudden.
"I don't think bats eat faces." She mumbled to herself as she led the way to check the rest of the doors, finding nothing but dust and bugs. After Alexia declared the building about as safe as it was going to be barring homicidal wildlife, she led Kuroi back down the stairs, following the sound of voices until she found the others clustered in the one room. Alexia smirked as she caught the tail end of Johns words.
"If everyone played by the rules, there'd be alot of dead people."

John had already ripped the back of the radio off and looked at it hopelessly. He poked bits of it. They came undone. He was just making it worse.

"There are a lot of dead people," he countered. "We've seen 'em."

Bill looked over at the radio John was fiddling with, though didn't have the foggiest idea of how it worked from the inside. "You know, there'd be a lot more dead people if they were more open. There's a good reason most people are suspicious of others' motives. How many people have you met that pointed their gun at you before saying anything?" He told him, then looked over at Alexia. "So, found anything?"

Huffing at her sister she decided after watching John all but kill the old radio, she would get up and look around even though there wasn't much places to hide, unless you counted the bathroom and kitchen all the bedrooms were down the hall were her sister was. She picked up her gun and began scoping the place out both hands on her gun she tip toed slowly with her gun out in front of her about the torso area on an average height person. She rounded the corner to the kitchen swinging her body and gun to the left then to the right, before she continued into the pantry area. "John would you please check the main bathroom, closest to the living room while I check the pantry area?" She asked him as she continued her way into the pantry, she gave a sigh of relief as she saw old dusty caned food in the closet. Nyla didn't feel like having to kick ass, well at least not if she had to clean up her own mess and that she really didn't feel like doing.

He sighed and put the radio down. He wasn't making any progress anyway. He strode over to the bathroom with an almost arrogant nonchalance. He was convinced by now that this place was empty. He opened the door. First looks confirmed it; no people at least. John chuckled. Someone had stolen the toilet, leaving a nasty stained hole in the floor.

When he laughed, though, a growl came from the direction of the bathtub. He looked over, jumped back and ran to the door, slamming it shut.

"There's a badger in there!" he said to everyone who'd looked over at him. "I swear it was eating a squirrel! Or maybe, like, a baby raccoon."

As he came through he picked up the radio and began to walk down the hall's staring at it, He slid into a room and closed the door as he walked over to a desk and ran his hand across it causing everything to fall onto the floor. He stood there looking at the radio and sighed bringing his finger up and it twitched around before slowly changing into a screwdriver head, he began to unscrew the radio hearing things in the room behind him but he ignored it as he was now determined to fix this radio.

Alexia shook her head at Bill to answer his question.
"Nothing but a bunch of bats." She answered before she carefully perched herself on the arm of the couch. She watched Nyla fume off for a moments before she switched her attention back to the guys in the room just in time to catch Johns hurried reappearance. The taller of the girls smirked before she covered her mouth. "You have a gun, dontcha?" She asked him, amused with his reaction to the animal. "Anyways, what else did you see in there?" She asked as she bounced back to her feet.

"Not much," John replied. "There's a bathtub chock full of angry badger and someone stole the toilet. I think there might have been some dental floss on the sink. And I'm not going to shoot a badger," he added. "People at least shoot you back, so unless you want to give the badger a gun, I say just let him have the bathroom."

"Well, we've already bathed and the toilet's stolen, as you said." Bill chuckled at the thought of someone running through the woods with a toilet. "Then I see no point in going in there. The li'l bugger can have it, if he wants it."

as he fucks around with the radio it sparks to life as he reconnects some old wires, which made the system jump to life and make a loud white noise sound. which he lowered the volume, but it had awoken something in the room which rushed out of the closet. It was another person, his face filled with fear and anger which seemed to spook him. grabbing the man, kuroi slammed him into the door causing it to soar off the hinges and hit the wall. " RAAAAAAHG! " kuroi shouted in the mans face as kuroi lifted him by the throat choking him on the wall. Shaking him like he was a ragdoll, " RAAAAH! " kuroi shouted again, the man squirming in his grip.

Nyla stopped as she heard thumping and grunting from upstairs, not thinking she came bursting out of the kitchen running down the hall. Coming to the stairs she didn't even stop taking two at a time, she cleared the stairs easily although that might be do to the adrenaline. Pointing her gun she saliently but quickly walked towards the room were the thumping was coming from, Taking a steady deep breath to slow her heart, she entered the room gun first. "what the hell is going on?" she asked as she saw Kuroi lifting a man up against the wall, "and who the hell are you?!" she asked as she looked over pointing her gun at the choking man in Kurois hands. She didn't care if he could talk she was furious Kuroi went off on his own with out making sure the entire place was safe, not to mention her thrill of actually finding someone she was ready for a fight it singed through her veins.

John couldn't stand this for long. This guy was going to get killed. As far as he was concerned, this was his house. And Kuroi was going to kill him if he kept that hold up. He had no choice. He walked forward and pointed his gun at Kuroi. More specifically, at his arms.

"Let him go. Now," he said. "You're going to kill the guy and he was here first. Let him go, or I shoot out your elbows. Mechanical arms or not, I know the joints are always a weak spot. Drop him!"

He looked up at Nyla, gun trained on the man. "And don't you kill him either."

He looked at john his eyes completely blank, cold to say. Kuroi breathing was still heavy but he let the man go, his body dropping to the floor coughing and kicked at kuroi as he walked away. Kuroi remained silent as he exited the room, still breathing as if he was on a killing intent.

His fist balled he slams it into one of the walls causing a hole to appear, he pulled his hand out and continued walking. His arms making hissing noises as the tension in them began to release.

John shook his head at the tantrum fist-punching-wall business. Hold the guy down, sure, but don't kill him. Sometimes John wondered if he was the only one left who still treated people like they should be treated.

He crouched down in front of their attacker while he tried to catch his breath. He'd never interrogated anyone before, and if Nyla or Alexia wanted to take over, he'd surely welcome it, just not Bill or Mr. Metalarms.

"So," he started. "You with the badger?"

Status
Not open for further replies.