Getting By

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking up at a new voice Nyla tilted her head with a curious 'what the hell' look on her face as she watched bill giggle, she then looked over at her sister with the same look. " Hes missing a kilt." she responded then looked back into the fire watching the flames dance "Did your friend drown? or is he just being unusually quiet?" she asked Bill without looking over at him.

His body slowly rose from under the hot springs water, His body riddled with steam and water which was slowly flowing away from him. He shook his head letting the water shake out his hair before he grabbed his pants and slid them on slowly without even thinking about drying off. They would dry eventually, he let a small groan escape his mouth before he stood up and began pressing things on his arm. As he did so he smirked and said " That thing is deeper than you guys thought...." A small map on his arm which he was staring at, the map only connected to a tracking device that he could shoot out only so far. His arms could do magical things but in this world it was a curse to him. He walked over to the fire and sat down crossing his legs still looking at the map, his shirt flung over his shoulder as the fire began to create more steam that would come off his body also.

Bill turns his head towards Kuroi and smiles at him. "Sadly, no. Better luck next time, right?" He chuckled at his own joke, then switched his gaze back towards the map and the truck. "Ladies, what is your final answer?" He asked. His next course of action depends on the decision of the girls.

Alexia bit her lip, a bad habit before she nodded, taking a risk.

"We'll give you a ride over." She decided before she straightened up and folded her maps back up before she tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. She then offered Bill a hand up. "We should get going," She paused then smirked. "No boys allowed in the front seats." She teased before she walked back over to the fire, tilting her head at it. "Do you think we could turn the rest of the deer into jerky?" She asked her sister, even as her mind started to try and figure out a way to build an impromptu smoke house.

Bill accepted the help, getting hold of Alexia's hand as she helped him up. "Yes! Oh, I could kiss you girls." He said out loud, then rushed over at the truck, jumping into the back, caressing the body work of the car. It had been a while since he's been in one, always walking, it was a pain. But now Bill could finally relax again. "Best. Day. Ever." He thought to himself.

Watching as bill jumped in the truck she watched to make sure he got into the bed of the truck and not the inside were John lay unconscious, that's all shed need is to worry about them bothering him while she was driving. She then looked over to Kuroi who was sitting next to her by the fire. "Have a nice swim?" she asked with a small smirk as she got up and began to stretch getting ready to drive once again. "I think we could it would last a a hell of a lot longer than just cooked meat and easier to carry and such." she replied to her sister already knowing she didn't need to as she was already having the 'gears' in her head spin as she thought of a way to do a smoke house.

Alexia looked around before she walked over and around the ruck, popping her key into the hole and opening the canopy so she could reach into the bed of the vehicle. Crawling in, she began to dig through their things, looking for the hatchet they kept in the back.
"We'll need some wet wood for the smoke, do you see any smallish trees?" She called out to her sister.

He raised his arm in the air and a piece of metal came flying out the spring and slammed back into his arm, he stood up as it closed and made steam noises. He walked over to the bed of the truck and jumped inside it, he let his head lay on the metal and he let a small sigh escape. He didnt know what was going on with him, he was thinking about something but he just couldnt express it and he didnt understand why he could not.

Nyla looked around for small but decent sizes trees and she stopped as she looked off towards the right of the fire "There's a few good sized ones over there." she said as she pointed at them. She then got up and walked over to her sister "Ill carry the wood while you chop em." she offered to her sister as she was getting out there hatchet, waiting on her sister Nyla stood outside the tuck but off to the left a bit so that she wasn't in the way of her sister getting out.

"Allow me." Bill said charmingly and jumped in front of Nyla before giving a small bow. "It's the least I can do after such generosity from your side. I do feel like we're at least somewhat in your debt." He looked over at his friend, then continued. "Wouldn't you say so, too? Or are you already sleeping, Kuroi?"

Kuroi sat up and said " you know i dont sleep " He jumped out the truck and landed on the ground stretching a bit looking at the girls and nodding " Ill help you " He stretched his robotic arms like an idiot like it was a human arm.

Alexia blinked and then a small smile flicked over her lips as the guys offered to help. She glanced both of them over before she handed the hatchet over to Kuroi.
"I have a feeling your arms are stronger than mine." She said lightly, odd eyes glancing down at his robotic arm. "I'll help pack...or stack." She said even as she turned around and began to clear a pot to stack a pile of wood as her mind began to think of likely ways to actually get a smoker. So far,s he was hoping that their destination would have some kind of shed they could convert. She hated building.

John yawned as he finally awakened. That had been a hell of a good sleep. Then again, being up until close to the break of dawn with a towny girl, then getting chased and finally shot in the head by her angry father was certainly enough to tire someone out. The first thing he decided to do was hop out of their truck and search for Alexia.

He soon found her, Nyla, and two extra someones he was sure hadn't been in their little party when he fell asleep.

"Hey, Alexia. What'd I miss?" he asked her, then turned to the two new members of the group, eyeing them somewhat suspiciously. "And how long have these guys been here? Didn't think I was missing that much. And they are welcome here, right? I'd hate to have woken up to hostages."

"Hello," he said to them. "My name's John, and please don't shoot me 'cause I've still got a bit of a headache from this morning. It's still the same day right?" he asked Alexia in a whisper, seriously not sure how long he'd slept.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Bill was a little hurt when the hatchet was handed to Kuroi, and not him, but perhaps letting metal arms do the work is better than tiring his own, real arms, out. He had little time to frown, however, since another man jumped out of the truck. A man who seemed to know the girls longer than they did. "And that explains why your friend wasn't bathing with you. Nice to meet you, John. The name's Bill, I hear you're a bit of a troublemaker?" Bill said and held out a hand for a handshake.

Alexia spun around at the sound of Johns voice and a grin spread over her lips briefly as relief flooded through her. It feel two seconds later, however. She let one of her eyesbrows shoot up as she stalked closer to the man and circled him, eyes scanning him for any more injuries.

"Mind explaining while you've been somewhat comatose?" She asked, her voice a quiet growl as she came to a stop up front of him, crossing her arms as she looked him over again, still somewhat worried about the man before her. "You woke up to work, you missed dinner, and a peep show." She tossed him a smirk as she teased, "and two woman wrestling in the hot springs." a light blush crossed over her cheeks as she added that part, "and two strangers showing up, and a wold orgy." So the last part was a lie, but she wanted to mess with him.

He put both of his thumbs up and smiled saying " Nice to meet ya john " He pointed the thumbs at himself and said " My name is Kuroi " He looked on and then picked up the hatchet and spun it in his hand, He looked at Alexia blushing and he smirked but then stopped smirking and said " We had an Orgy? were was i? " He laughed and walked over towards a tree, He raised on arm and brought it flying down toward the tree trunk. It made thunk noise and a piece of wood began chipping away. He continued to do that while saying " This is the tree you want? right?"

Alexia blushed darker as Kuroi called her out. But she turned with a quiet huff to answer him.
"Yea, that's the one." She answered before she debated on whether or not to grumble at John some more, or let him actually wake up. After a moment she wandered over towards Bill and pushed her hands in her pocket as she watched the metal armed man take out the tree. "So how'd you and metal arms meet?" she asked, trying to make the blush disappear from her face by talking to Bill. She wasn't sure it'd help any though.

Bill contemplated on whether or not he should try to have Alexia blush some more or not. "Hmm? Oh, good question. I can't really remember, he's just one of those guys that's kind of always been around." Bill responded to Alexia, decided not to make up a suggestive story that might redden her face some more.

His hand reached for his pouch again, but he remembered the girls didn't really like cigarettes that much. Instead, he reached down to pick up a small thin stem from some plant or another and put it inbetween his teeth, gently chewing it to ease his urge to smoke a little. "How 'bout you? What's his story?" Bill asked and gestured towards John with his head.

John shook Bill's hand and quickly expressed his dislike in what he missed out on.

"You girls were naked? Man, I've been bumming around with you two for three years and I haven't gotten a single flash of boob," he said. He waved his arm over at the new arrivals. "They just show up, and you give them a full view of the promised lands! That's typical, just typical."

Joking aside, he decided to explain his coma-like sleep. "I've been out because I haven't had anything to eat. If you remember we kind of had to get up and go this morning," he said to Alexia. "The nanomeds like to feed on excess calories or something - I don't really remember what the doctors said - didn't even really understand it - but with no fuel for me, there was no fuel for them, so I had to rest while they used up my stored energy. At least I think that's how it works."

He turned to straw-man Bill. "My story is that I'm the only guy here who, for complicated reasons, can survive a bullet to the head. In fact I did just this morning," he shot back to Alexia again. "And I still don't know where the hell they came from."

Alexias eyes went from Bill to John and back before she decided to blatantly ignore Johns prattle about Nyla and her's 'promised lands'. It was better for his health, really. She shrugged at Bill.
We kind of just found him." She paused and a hint of a smirk appeared at her lips as she raised her voice so there would be no doubt that John heard her. "He's like a strap puppy, we feed him and clean up after him because he's amusing to have around." She was teasing, but still. Alexia glanced over at her sister. "Do you want to cook him something, or should we make him wait?" For scaring us half to death She finished the thought in her mind, not willing to state it out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.