Gearing up for NaNoWriMo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing poorly >__> my laptop was nonfunctional for a day or so and ate a good chuck of my writing, and it set me back quite a bit. I need to get back into things.

How is everyone else doing? What is your favourite scene you've written so far? Least favourite?
I'm doing.... incredibly well, to say the least. At least in terms of word count anyhow XD My favourite scene is probably the opening scene lol. I'm considering throwing it up as an excerpt on my NaNo profile, but we'll see. My least favourite.... probably the introduction to one of the side plot lines. I wrote it in the midst of repeated fifty headed hydras, and it came out poorly.

Last edited:
Alas, I have fallen behind by a day, and it's not reflecting well.

How is everyone else doing? What is your favourite scene you've written so far? Least favourite?
I'm awfully behind. I'm going to try to do some hardcore writing in the next couple days.

My favourite scene so far is my introduction scene. It is the scene when my protagonist arrives at her new house, I feel I've successfully captured the atmosphere I was going toward and that I did a good job of balancing introductory details without having the scene become a word vomit fest. Considering I rarely like my intro scenes, I'm pretty pleased.

As for my least favourite scene... I don't know. There are a couple contenders, but none that jump out. If I had to pick it would probably be the scene where she meets her old friend for the first time. I had hopes for that scene and ideas a-plenty, but they just fell a bit flat in writing.

Last couple of days have been kinda stressful/downing so I haven't been able to get as much writing down as usual :/

Hopefully I catch up before the night's over.

Welp, I didn't get my quota, but I did get 1283 words up :3

I just have to buck up tomorrow and make up for lost words!

I have been awfully behind. And with all of the contests coming up like Misc. Warp, I'm just slowly trickling by.

At least I started a story and not left it to stew in my mind? :D

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I'm in a good place I think! I'm still a bit behind the target, but! I'm getting there. I'm at 12,319 words, about 4000 behind. It isn't so bad and I'm having a very productive day... There is a reason I chose to write an erotic romance story 8D

I just hit 16,060 words!

Three chapters done, about 20% through the fourth one. I'm aiming to reach 20k within the next 24 hours, which I think is a pretty reasonable amount considering it's my day off!

• Love
Reactions: Nav
I am so impressed with everyone participating. Ya'll are doing amazing!

Another idea has struck me. Can I juggle another story? That is the question.

Edit: Word Count: 6,662

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally passed 40,000 words. I was feeling really low in the self confidence/inspiration department today, but I'm feeling better of myself now.

(and maybe a little teary? lol)

For some reason Jafump T, Koto, Baiana and Loud Pipes have helped me loads with my writing. I've listened to these on loops at end. :"D thank you CloZee.

• Love
Reactions: Pahn, Applo and Nav
Victory at last! I never thought I'd be able to do it, but I won my first NaNoWriMo.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Pahn and Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.