1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Interested in chatting?:
NaNoWriMo Chat - Discord

NaNo-2017-Participant-Facebook-Cover.png

It's nearly that time of year again, friends... NaNoWriMo!

For those of you unfamiliar, NaNoWriMo stands for "National Novel Writing Month," and inspires writers to write a 50k word novel in 30 days (the month of November). Despite its name of 'national,' NaNo is international, with thousands of participants gathering from all around the globe to participate.

How do you participate? Easy! You sign up for an account at their website (it's free): National Novel Writing Month

And then, you write 50,000 words during November.

What happens if you win?: Hooray! You're are a literary success! Though there are no formal prizes for winning, NaNo participants and winners receive a digital prize package with lots of great deals, discounts, and freebies from various online writing programs, websites, and others.

For those of you who plan to participate, are you plotting in October? Pantsing it? Have ideas all ready?

If you're interested, we can do a handle exchange, as well. You can find me at: Nav - National Novel Writing Month

I'm planning on keep this going all throughout November. So, discuss, plot, plan, and hash out plotholes with your fellow NaNoers, Iwaku edition! (:

Last edited:
I'm pansting it. It's going to be so much fun... I got no plot, no research and I can't work on the third novel in my trilogy because I didn't finish the seconds editing process. So, I am going to see where the wind takes me this year.

Reactions: Nav
I'm pansting it. It's going to be so much fun... I got no plot, no research and I can't work on the third novel in my trilogy because I didn't finish the seconds editing process. So, I am going to see where the wind takes me this year.
That's exciting. I'm a terrible panster. I panic and write myself in circles. So, I'm definitely planning this year, as usual.

That's exciting. I'm a terrible panster. I panic and write myself in circles. So, I'm definitely planning this year, as usual.

I am also a terrible pantster. I expect my essays to sneak into my novels for word count.

This'll be my first time >.> But maybe a deadline will help me get something done for once. We can only hope!

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Nav
I'm still not sure if I'm doing it this year, but I'm planning as if I am, which means lotsa worldbuilding and brainstorming between now and November. I'm definitely a planner :P

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore and Nav
I might. (Who am I kidding, I probably will) There is a nice community atmosphere about it and I did recently start plotting a new project which I haven't gotten around to actually writing yet.

I'll be outlining, if I do-- I've tried pantsing it before and it has rarely gone well. I added you on the site (mh: TempestBard). If anyone else on Iwaku wants to add me, go ahead (let me know you're from the site and I'll add you back!)

+Subscribed to thread.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie and Nav
I'm still kinda confused with the site, to be honest o.o

*is a noob*

Just the layout, how to get started, etc.

Just the layout, how to get started, etc.
Sure thing!

Currently, the site is going to be 'reset' starting tonight/tomorrow (October 1st), at which time, you'll be able to start your novel for 2017. IE: Add a blurb, a book title, cover, etc. There should be more information out tomorrow on how to do that.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Sure thing!

Currently, the site is going to be 'reset' starting tonight/tomorrow (October 1st), at which time, you'll be able to start your novel for 2017. IE: Add a blurb, a book title, cover, etc. There should be more information out tomorrow on how to do that.
Ahhh okay!!! :D That's useful lol. I was so confused because it said to announce your book... but then it was like for Nov 2016 ;w;

I'll have to learn how to add friends too :bsmile:

• Love
To add friends, you just go:

Search > Enter username > Select Authors button > Click on the user > Hit "Add Buddy"

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
Awesome :D I'mma check it out!

I'm JoanArdent on there, if anybody feels like adding me. If your username doesn't match your Iwaku username, please let me know when you add me, otherwise I'll get confused :P

<.<
>.>

I'm a nerd and called myself Grene Briarwood. :bananaman:

Reactions: Dusk
I'm gonna smash my face against my keyboard for a few days and see what I come up with.

• Nice Execution!
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and Greenie
Haha, I could never.

Maybe if NaNo was held in... the summer, or something, I might be able to give it a try. But November? The climax of the fall semester? Yeah... not happening. XD

That being said, discussions of NaNo always bring me back to a time when I was in high school or whatever, and I would always get annoyed that NaNo was the time of year that all my RP-buddies would vanish off the face of the earth because they were all too busy writing for the contest to write RP posts. RPGuild always felt like a rather empty and lonely place in November.

Which implies that entering NaNo was also out-of-the-question for me even back then, too, although I don't remember why that was the case then.

Hmm... :detective:

Yahoo! You can now, officially, announce your November, 2017 novel!

EDIT: If you'd like to post your blurb, feel free. (:

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Joan and Greenie
Oh, it reset. I better go see if the new nanoisms thread is up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.