Game of Thrones Season 8 hype and discussion thread

Despite the popular opinion on the internet, I actually thought the ending was very fitting for the show.

Dany got exactly what she deserved and I was glad it was Jon that did it. If anyone was going to kill her, I'm happy it was Jon. I wish she would have at least sat on the iron throne just once but it didn't matter. The best was Drogon burning the whole damn thing and whisking her away somewhere. It was perfect for her. I half expected Drogon to burn her, then again, she wouldn't burn soo.

The imagery though when she first arrives and Drogon's wings are right behind her. BEAUTIFUL!

Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei was touching.

Sam suggesting democracy and getting shut down, amazing. lol. Sam the forward thinker.

Did NOT expect Bran to end up on the throne but who better than him as the three-eyed raven? My hubs was so upset about that but I thought it was the best option. He'd be the most level headed and would actually care for the 6 kingdoms.

I'm content with Sansa as Queen in the North. She has always looked out for the Northmen. She deserves it.

Though I wanted Jon on the throne, his ending was perfect for him. He was at his best beyond the wall. Its where he belongs. And Ghost is with him, so good.

Arya, eh, I wanted her to do more this episode but it was a good conclusion to her story line.

YES BRIENNE!

Bronn? Master of Coin? I was caught off guard. At the same time I was like, damn, this guy got everything he wanted and conned his way up the ladder. lol. Awesome.

Sam as Grandmaester, glad to see it.

Tyrion was amazing this episode. I really liked how he went against Dany knowing he would die, he basically crowns Bran as king and becomes his hand. I liked it a lot.

I wish the season was a little longer but overall Thrones ended amazingly. Great show!

R.I.P Khaleesi avatars. Perhaps I'll bring them back one day or just Emilia. For now...time to move on.

Jorick has written the perfect essay about all the things I want to scream at complainers. 8D

The last episode was a *little* meh, but I am tooootally happy with how they wrapped up everything. Where everyone ended up made complete sense. Though I was surprised by Bran. I just never thought of him as an option for King, it was a happy surprise.

....so... if they do spinoffs I REALLY hope they're about Arya's adventures. O: ARYA ADVENTURES PLS.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
A friend of mine told me that GRRM told the show runners how the books ended. But obviously without all the details and context.

That's what the ending feels like. Like an ending without context. Without much thought given over to it's execution. Just like the rest of this season.

• Ah Seen It
Reactions: unanun
That was fucking depressing. That's all I've got to say. Kit wasn't joking when he said 'disappointing'.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa
This is gold

I will never forgive D&D for the whole Jamie/Brienne thing. Never! They could have redeemed themselves by having Brienne head North to raise baby Jamie with Tormund, but noooo! They screwed up the whole thing.

Also, how in the hell were Jamie and Cersei in such good shape when they had a ton of rock fall on them?!

• Haha
Reactions: Spekkun
Looking back on S7 and 8, there was room to add a few more episodes. They were still good TV, and good plotting, but not very good storytelling.