Game of Thrones Season 8 hype and discussion thread

a starbucks cup being at the banquet table is top 3 moment of the season.

Euron is the Randy Orton of GoT. Ballista shots out of nowhere!

Meh. I find the drama they're cooking up to be too day time soap. Suddenly Daenaries is super paranoid and acting a little batty. And now her advisors are plotting behind her back because she wants to do the one thing that needs to be done. Although I do think Jon is right. If they wait Cersei out, they can win.

I kinda call BS on how accurately Euron shot the dragon out of the sky. A boat isn't exactly a stable firing platform. And they're ballistas, not cannons, how slow are those dragons flyng? I just find the dead on shot to be a bit much. But clearly they wanted dramatic effect.

I kinda call BS on how accurately Euron shot the dragon out of the sky. A boat isn't exactly a stable firing platform. And they're ballistas, not cannons, how slow are those dragons flyng? I just find the dead on shot to be a bit much. But clearly they wanted dramatic effect.
I agree with you, it feels too rushed and almost too much of movie magic :< I really hope that Dany keeps her last dragon locked in a dungeon now so it doesn't friggin die D:<
AND HOW DID DANY NOT SEE THE FLEET FROM SO FAR UP IN THE SKY? Maybe I'm just being picky, but what? How? NANI?

Tormund watching Jamie follow Brienne ;;~;; </3

I can see your point. This didn't bother me too much, but I do think it's a tad bit indicative of Euron in the show. He's able to do what the writers need or want to happen without much of a problem. He always has this kinda lazy grin on his face when he does something amazing and shocking with some ease. It kinda makes him come across as a cheaply written villain.

Ive read the books, and while I think he is much better there, I'm not gonna compare the two since they're two different versions of the same character :"D it doesnt bother me too much, but when he does stuff like he did (especially considering it makes no sense Dany's army got ambushed the way they did) does make it more jarring and infuriating.

I agree with you, it feels too rushed and almost too much of movie magic :< I really hope that Dany keeps her last dragon locked in a dungeon now so it doesn't friggin die D:<
AND HOW DID DANY NOT SEE THE FLEET FROM SO FAR UP IN THE SKY? Maybe I'm just being picky, but what? How? NANI?

Tormund watching Jamie follow Brienne ;;~;; </3

lolol. Tormund seem to rebound quickly enough. I was disappointed he was heading back up north. But I guess once a nomad, always a nomad.

I can see your point. This didn't bother me too much, but I do think it's a tad bit indicative of Euron in the show. He's able to do what the writers need or want to happen without much of a problem. He always has this kinda lazy grin on his face when he does something amazing and shocking with some ease. It kinda makes him come across as a cheaply written villain.

Ive read the books, and while I think he is much better there, I'm not gonna compare the two since they're two different versions of the same character :"D it doesnt bother me too much, but when he does stuff like he did (especially considering it makes no sense Dany's army got ambushed the way they did) does make it more jarring and infuriating.

The show's writing has gone down hill since they caught up to the books in my opinion.

I mentioned it to a few people, but I was actually okay with episodes 1-3 this season. 4 was what got me "... ehh?" I feel there's just too much happening in too little time frame. I'm hoping the next episode kinda makes up for the blahness I felt in episode four.

And honestly, what the frick, Jon Snow. It was as if he was just getting rid of Ghost. >.<"

I mentioned it to a few people, but I was actually okay with episodes 1-3 this season. 4 was what got me "... ehh?" I feel there's just too much happening in too little time frame. I'm hoping the next episode kinda makes up for the blahness I felt in episode four.

And honestly, what the frick, Jon Snow. It was as if he was just getting rid of Ghost. >.<"

He didn't even pet the good boi. How dare he.

:cookie:

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
He didn't even pet the good boi. How dare he.

:cookie:
Exactly! Like that the hell was up with that? >:[ He just kinda walked away.

C
G
I
C
O
S
T
S

• Sympathy & Compassion
  • Haha
Reactions: Nemopedia and Applo
Aero Blue said:
C
G
I
C
O
S
T
S
With how they are murdering the dragons there must be some extra room now? Since they are clearly not spending it on lightening.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
Well, given all the deviating and expediting, I suppose it shouldn't have been a great surprise that the exit of both the show's pre-eminent schemers -- Littlefinger and Varys -- were underwhelming. The results make sense, the path is disappointing (which, yeah, recurring theme). Ah well. I guess the sadder part is while Littlefinger got to play the game his last season, Varys got to be the butt of an eunuch joke.

ep was fun tho

(to be more specific: fun stuff

- i figure Varys' letters will come good
- LOL QYBURN (... lowkey best part of Cleganebowl, sorry)
- horrific, and I mean that in the best sense, portrayal of the carnage
- Lena Headey is g.o.a.t.)

Last edited:
All those parents who named their children Daenrys or Khaleesi.

rklm281.jpg

I was pretty disappointed that the thing the made Euron look concerned was just Drogon dive bombing out of the sky. That is exactly where you should have been looking for a dragon who's mumma knows you have the ability to shoot them out of the sky. I was kind of expecting it but at the same time, I was hoping the writers might pull something fun out of their hats (or asses).

Last edited:
We should call this whole thing 'How To Fuck Up Seven Seasons of Character Development and Worldbuilding in Just Five Episodes'.

Cos seriously. That was trash.

• Haha
Reactions: Ardent and Greenie
So disappointed in last night's episode. I really don't like that they turned her into this mad queen.

I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU DANY!

I get that she now feels all alone in the world which is why she did what she did but it still goes against everything she's worked for since the beginning of the show. Not cool.

Prediction: Jon is going to either overthrow or kill Dany and take the throne.

tumblr_prgspy511N1x05ch3o1_1280.pnj

Goodbye, I'm going back and rewatch A;TLA.

Reactions: Reina
Seems like a lot of people are disappointed in Dany after this episode but... She's still my favorite character, and it doesn't come as a surprise to me that she went fully mad. I didn't expect it, but I'm not surprised either that she burned most, if not all of King's Landing. They should have explained it in some way in the episode why she reacted the way she did. The hurting from losing so many in such a short time is obvious. Not that much support from the other people... Jon actually being the heir to the throne... It was almost bound to happen that she would lose it sooner or later, just like her dad. I mean... I feel like the episode would have been so boring if Cersei just surrendered and then Dany does... What? :I Just walk up to the throne and sits there, and then the next episode is what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If anyone has any other idea of what could have happened without Dany going mad, I wanna know! :)

'' But according to the creators D.B. Weiss and David Benioff in the "Behind the Episode," once Dany saw the Red Keep, which apparently the Targaryens built during the time of their rule but which had been taken away from them, the unfairness of that huge familial loss washed over her. Presumably, the decades-long grudge for her whole family and herself took over. She took back the city by fire as if she were trying to avenge her Targaryen ancestors—and channeling their craziness, in the process. '' SOURCE
Hopefully they explain it in the next episode or something for those who haven't watched D&D talk about the episode.

Game of Thrones wouldn't be GoT without a plot twist (e.g Red Wedding) that frick people up, in my opinion.

I'm also a fan of things not going perfect so that probably explains why I loved Dany in this episode. Sad or brutal endings; please give me more of those! 8D

I mean yeah, she doesn't have that much of a kingdom now to rule over, now that she burned down the town, the people and even most of the red keep.

Alright, rant over \o/

Last edited: