Game 2 Mafia Day Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
REVOLUTION!

I mean, seriously, the mafia needs to get off their butts and do stuff.

Just kidding, it would be nice to avoid just that.
I beg to differ. I'd rather see the mafia do something than nothing. If they're doing nothing they're messing with us, if they're doing something, they're giving us clues to track them down. At least that's how I see it. *shrug* Only other option really is that Doc self healed again.

A lot of folks have posted already. We're just waiting on the rest to add in their two cents. We can't do what we did last time and lynch based on activity.
Agreed. Lynching based exclusively on activity is kind of a bad idea. But at the same time let's not jump to discounting how relevant it can be. I think it's something worth considering, it just shouldn't be all we consider, y'know?

I am not. I am making an educated guess based on my own TOS experiences with Jester strategies. However, on the other hand, they could be a mafia pretending to be the jester ( which is entirely possible) @Kiilgore @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
I've never played with a Jester before so I have no previous experience to rely on, just best guesses. So I'm not exactly sure why you seem to think Dittles and/or Dipper (at least I think that's who you were referring to) are pretending to be the Jester....?

Reactions: Dipper
I've never played with a Jester before so I have no previous experience to rely on, just best guesses. So I'm not exactly sure why you seem to think Dittles and/or Dipper (at least I think that's who you were referring to) are pretending to be the Jester....?
*points to previous post to explain that* But seriously, I got no good guesses for anything.

I beg to differ. I'd rather see the mafia do something than nothing. If they're doing nothing they're messing with us, if they're doing something, they're giving us clues to track them down. At least that's how I see it. *shrug* Only other option really is that Doc self healed again.
We have a detective. Without action, the mafia is going to be rooted out sooner or later, which would of course be beneficial to the innocent.

Reactions: Joan
Hokay, let's get some possible scenarios outlined...

-Mafia inactivity: Unlikely in this case but possible.
-Mafia deliberately chose not to kill: Unlikely because we have a detective, but possible.
-Doctor healed victim: Fairly likely seeing as we have a more active crew this time around.
-Mafia tried to kill the jester: About as likely as the doctor scenario.

Note that the two latter scenarios are not exclusive of each other. They could both have happened, which would be...interesting. XD

Note that @djinnamon was the only one not to confirm their activity on the thread, so they are the most likely inactive if anybody is inactive.

This has been your info dump for the day, lemme know if I missed something.
Well you covered more than I did, so good job XD

Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Last game I played with a jester equivalent, mafia kept trying to rat them out. If they're wrong, the town's down one. If they're right, the town's down one. It's clever.

We have a detective. Without action, the mafia is going to be rooted out sooner or later, which would of course be beneficial to the innocent.
True. But I personally do not intend to put my faith exclusively in the skills of our detective. Say they get killed early on like last time - what do we do then?

Well...How're we going to vote on this one? We don't really have anything to go on other than the fact that nobody died, which was very nicely explained by @Joan, so unless y'all have some ultra cool theories we can abstain right? At least until someone pops their clogs :)

True. But I personally do not intend to put my faith exclusively in the skills of our detective. Say they get killed early on like last time - what do we do then?

We lose a valuable resource. :/

Well...How're we going to vote on this one? We don't really have anything to go on other than the fact that nobody died, which was very nicely explained by @Joan, so unless y'all have some ultra cool theories we can abstain right? At least until someone pops their clogs :)
I think that for now our best option is probably to abstain. It's not worth the risk at this point.
We lose a valuable resource. :/
Exactly. And then we're on our own again, and the mafia can stall and mess with us all they jolly please. Whoever you are, Detective, for the love of our precious town stay safe XD

Yeah, I'm leaning towards abstaining as well.

That would certainly be a problem. And in that case relying on mafia to be overly relaxed wouldn't be sufficient, I get what you're saying. But for now, let's just hope both they and the doc know what they're doing.

We're going to end up with someone dead next night if we don't vote. We're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

We're going to end up with someone dead next night if we don't vote. We're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.
We have nothing to go from, though. So voting and lynching now is basically shots in the dark.

Edit: A death right now is nothing we really want, but it's a clue.

That's a fair point, unless the doctor either gets lucky (possibly for a second time) or the mafia get unlucky and hit the jester (again, possibly for a second time). We just don't know.