Fruits Basket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vice nodded as they entered the school. He sat next to Alvan watching the teacher call of the names and classes. He hoped he was in the same class as Alvan so he knows someone but who knows whether he would be or not. He was glad he met the other boy, it might make school a bit easier. "Avice?" The teacher calls with a confused expression. "Uh.. H-here," Vice answers raising his hand slightly. "You're in Class C." He smiles and nods looking over at Alvan.

Ame braced for impact the instant Lucky entered the room, and she did well to do just that. Lucky had tackled her upon the bed, and successfully gained a groan from the small girl. Sure, she may be close to Lucky, but she still didnt like to be touched, and so she pushed the orange haired female away, and gave her a glare. It was only when Lucky leaned in, and whispered her words that Ame even remembered Aki-Sama had also entered the room. Aki-Sama, the man who played god. When Ame wasnt so tired, she normally addressed him as such. And this was just that time.

"Ohayo, Kami-Sama"

She murmured from her place on the bed. Her violet eyes rose so that she may look upon his, and she tilted her head much like a dog might. The small girl, for being just ten, was quite mature, and spoke much like an adult....when she felt like it. Most times she was one who made it abundantly clear that she wasnt one for many words. Single sentences were good enough for her, even if she didnt answer an entire question. Ame sighed, and fell back on her bed, her arms sprawled up over her head.

"Kami-Sama, Lu-Chan says you're worried about me. Why?"

Upon entering the school building, Relexis noticed the already forming clusters of students lining the walls of the hallway. She attempted to push past them silently, not wishing to be stopped or annoyed by them. To her utmost dismay, a teacher basically walked straight into her causing her to drop her books and papers all over the floor. This in turn resulted in several students mocking her and laughing, although none moved to help her pick up her stuff. The teacher grunted something that might have been an apology and shuffled away. Relexis sighed.
"Well this is just great, now I'm definitely going to be late." She shoved the remaining papers back into her bag and continued her journey through the sea of faces in the hall. When she finally reached her classroom she found that everyone was already seated or finding their seats. She pulled her bag higher on her shoulder and sat in the very last desk in the back of the classroom. Upon further examination she realized why this seat had not been taken, it was directly next to the garbage can, "Great..." She slumped down in her seat as the teacher slapped a ruler on the blackboard and began shouting out names for attendance. Relexis barely moaned when her name was called, but was surprised to hear how many boys were in her class. She had never taken much interest in boys, but this year was different, she was in a new country with all new "Varieties" so to speak. She smiled to herself and put her head back down.

The morning eventually got much busier and there were plenty of people to clash with during the breakfast rush. It was amazing how many people started their days late; families, young couples, old couples, tourists. Niki managed to avoid contact with any male or spit enough fire to repel them. She worked quickly and efficiently so no one could really complain about her attitude, she got the job done. As she was maneuvering through the tables a young boy reached for her skirt. He grabbed it and Niki screamed, spinning around to yank it from his hand. "Keep your hands to yourself you little pervert!!" she shouted without hesitation. His mother was not happy with this, obviously. "Excuse me?!"

"You're excused and while you're out how about teaching this son of yours a lesson on manners. It's rude to grab a lady's skirt!" The boy laughed at the altercation between the women, which only fueled her anger. "Is that funny to you?! Miss, your son is beyond rude. He hasn't even apologized to me yet! The little rat..."

"Don't you call my son a rat- You vixen!"

The argument went on until the manager was called and dismissed the whole thing. The boy was made to apologize and the family was asked to leave. Niki was taken into her office for a brief chat. She sat on the chair opposite her and folded her legs. "Things are starting to get out of hand Niki-san," she said calmly. "I understand your condition and I do want to help you, but you have to help me by not running out my customers. Do you understand?"

Niki's eyes gleamed in the office light and tears fell from the corners of her eyes. "I'm sorry Mrs. Tetsuya!" she cried. "I really am so sorry... There's just no where else for me to go and this is what I know- serving people is what I know." she sobbed. "My attitude is terrible, I'm aware of that and I do try to keep it at bay. That boy just grabbed my skirt and I panicked and-"

"Okay, okay, I understand. You felt threatened," she said. "You have to work on that. Have you ever gone to see a psychologist?"

"A...A psychiatrist? I'm not crazy!"

"I'm not saying you are, calm down. Maybe you just need to vent some of these emotions you're feeling. It isn't good to keep things inside or they manifest in dangerous ways, like your hatred toward men. It's effecting your job, Niki."

She nodded. "That's true. Maybe it is time for me to go..."

The manager sighed aloud. "No Niki. I'll give you another chance. You have to work through it or find some way to vent or something. You can't come in here starting fights with customers. I want to help you."

Niki wiped the tears from her eyes. "Yes ma'am. I will try. Maybe I should visit family."

"That's a good idea. Can you get through today? It's only breakfast and the lunch rush starts in a few more hours."

"I can, I promise. Thank you so much. I won't let you down." Niki smiled brightly. She was dismissed back to her duties and she ran back onto the floor to join the crowds that now parted when she walked.

The first few hours of school passed quickly. With them consisting mostly of teacher introductions and an explanation of what each subject would consist of for the rest of the year. Kimika just sat in her seat and waited patiently for the school day to come to an end. A bell sounded throughout the building indicating that it was time for lunch. Lunch at this school was a time that all the classes from all the different grades could mingle, though most kids just stayed with their classmates. For Kimika, however, it was a time that she could be alone and get away from the noise of the other students (and teachers for that matter). She picked up her bag from where it sat by her desk and hurried outside.

Breathing in the fresh air, she stretched. After searching for a few moments, she found a quiet spot under a tree and sat down. She took out the lunch, which she had packed for herself that morning, and starting eating. A warm breeze blew through her dark gray hair and rustled the leaves above her. She looked up and watched as a squirrel ran up and down the tree, searching for nuts. Taking a sip from her water bottle she aim her blue eyes back at the ground. She watched as the younger children laughed and played with each other. "One more year," she told herself and then continued to eat her lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mouija remembered the fact that she was playing video games since six in the morning (when she woke up). Mouija rolled loftily on the bed as the sun rose. Mouija heard a couple of the Sohma children leave out of the house for school. Why was Kimika so devout to the cat?

Mouija went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

Saki wondered over to the same tree as Kimika. She sits on the opposite side it and starts eating.

Al grinned excitedly when he heard Vice would be in the same class as him. He waved over to him during the time the teacher was relegating classes. Later today when they went to actual classes, he'd sat by Vice. He was chatting to him the whole time about everything under the sun in whispers and snickered every now and then. The teacher had to frequently call him out to be quiet, and Al would grin sheepishly.

By the time lunch came along, Al got his meal and waved to Vice "Come on, Vice-kun, we should sit together! Where do you think would be a good place?" he looked around the lunch room, contemplating where they could make their spot.

Vice was happy that he had made a friend, but said friend talked a lot. Which was fine with Vice as long as he didn't really have to reply back to it. Vice had sat next to Al during class, and at lunch they had gotten their food together. "Come on, Vice-kun, we should sit together! Where do you think would be a good place?" Al had asked him as he looked out at the crowded cafeteria. There was so many other kids it kind of scared Vice, "I-I don't care." He kicks at some imaginary dirt feeling a bit out of place.

At the sound of the lunch bell, Relexis jumped up from her seat and hurried down the hall now filling with social-hungry kids. She shoved through the kids and made her way to the cafeteria. She Was so busy fumbling in her pocket for her lunch money that she bumped right into two boys (Vice and Al) standing in the middle of the way. "Oh god I'm so sorry!" Relexis blushed in embarrassment.

Mouija looked at the time; it was 10:02 AM. She looked around the room as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. The dimly lit room suggested that the house was empty. The woman flipped the covers off of her head. Of course, she missed breakfast; the only thing she knew she would do was to go to the shop. It was difficult to stay still with a migraine, even if one stayed up late playing video games.

Mouija still needed a job some day; staying in the Sohma house was torture enough. As she approached the bathroom, she grumbled at the amount of water the children left. She still needed to brush her teeth and take a bath. Mouija knew that the little ones were at school. She graduated from college two years ago, so she didn't have to follow their schedule.

The crowds had slowed down quite a bit now and so Niki had time to herself. She still had quite a few tables to wait but the noise was not as loud. The bigger crowds always made her nervous so the manager would let her off just before the big lunch rush. She really was an understanding woman. "Two more hours and you're gone, huh?" a cheery voice chimed in from too close by. Niki back quickly away from the dark haired guy who was now smiling at her. She only glared in reply. "I'm just trying to start some friendly conversation Sohma-chan," he said as he made drinks to go back out to the table.

"Don't call me that you weirdo," she said flatly. "Don't talk to me."

He shook his head. "You're so mean, what's the problem?" He paused to look at her only to instantly wish he hadn't because of the scowl she wore. "Why are you so angry?"

She went back out to the tables without a word. Like I have to explain myself to you, you freak. A welcoming smile replaced the deadly scowl on her face when she walked up to one of her tables.

Al looked at his friend, who seemed a bit nervous. He was a quiet guy, wasn't he. Al just grinned in response "Hey, don't worry Vice! This school will be a lot of fun, I just know it" he looked at the tables filled with people "I bet we can get some peace and quiet outside, let's do that. Come on!" he waved for him to follow and went to make the exit.

Just then a girl who a few years older just about bumped into them, apologizing furiously. Al jumped, "Be careful! I could have...T-that could've been a lot worse!" he cried out 'I could've turned into a cow in this crowded lunchroom!' he thought, sighing in relief. "I guess it's okay though, just don't do it again" he gave a forgiving smile "I'm Alvan, and this is Avice. Except I go by Al and he goes by Vice" he laughed. He looked outside the doors "Well, we better go, before I-we, bump into another girl, see ya!" he waved farewell. Going outside in the morning sun. "That was close Vice, that was really really close" he muttered.

He looked over to a tree where two girls sat, he smiled and waved to them even though he hadn't seen them before. He decided it best to leave them be, at least for today. Besides, he figured Vice wouldn't be too keen on meeting a whole bunch of new people. He sat in the grass under the shade of the building and began to eat his lunch, patting the grass next to him for Vice to sit.

Reelixa smiled at Al and vice and watched them walking out, wishing nothing more than to be able to go with them, to have some friends. She had hoped this year would be different, but so far it was the same as it had been back in the U.S. She was alone once again and took a seat by herself at the end of a table and put her head down.

Kimika noticed the other girl as she took a seat on the opposite side of the tree. She sighed inwardly. 'Is it too much to ask to just be left alone?' she thought, as she continued to eat her lunch. Ignoring the girl, she looked back in front of her. She saw two boys walk outside who seemed familiar to her, though she couldn't remember where she had seen them before. She was surprised when the boy waved, and her head tilted slightly as she tried to recall where she knew them from. After a few minutes, she gave up. Shaking her head, she went back to her lunch.

Avice nodded, agree about getting more peace and quiet outside. He was walking a bit behind Al when the girl almost bumped into them. He yelped a bit, taking a step back in surprise. As Vice passed the girl he nodded to her, "I-it's o-okay," he mumbles following after Al to their spot. He noticed Al waving to two girls but didn't know who they where, when they got to their spot of grass he sat down next to Al. "Th-that was close," he mumbled picking at his food, "You're cur-cursed to?" He asked, putting a fry in his mouth.

Fujiwara Grade School (Fujiwara Gakuen)

The timid Totemo saw how austere the school looked. Since it was western day at the school, he saw a couple of kids eating on the roof. Even during the gloam, juvenile delinquents would gesticulate about the streets. Totemo growled at the children's lack of gumption around his property. Totemo's black eyes looked around for his worker, Makoto Hishizaki. He wanted to tell her something important for today. Instead of walking to the shop, he entered the doors of Fujiwara Gakuen.

The clandestine laughs and hoots were silenced by the glass doors of the classrooms. Of course, the muted screams slaked his sanity this time. He didn't have the intent to cause chilblains with his frigid blade. In Class B, there was a teacher already in there. Totemo released a lethargic, guzzled breath and stood outside the door, trying to see whom was in class.

"You're cur-cursed, too?" Al blinked, so this kid was cursed as well? That means he was a Sohma also "Well...yeah." he grinned sheepishly "I was afraid I'd turn into a cow in the middle of the lunchroom" he took a bite out of his sandwich, pondering the situation "I feel kinda bad about leaving that girl, but I was in a rush to get out".

He sighed, "Kind of makes things harder, y'know" his mood grows somber as he remembers how he was likely disowned because of his 'condition', but he pushed all those thoughts away, coping by grinning and making a joke "But that's okay, I think it would have been really funny if I turned! Moo! Hahahaha!"

Vice smiled and chuckled a bit, "My mom loves cows! They're her second favorite animal!" He said excitedly. He was happy his new friend was just like him in some sense. "You should come over! It'll be nice! We can play video games and watch t.v," he had warmed up to the other boy fairly quickly.

Alvan eyes sparkled "haha, really?" It was nice to hear that someone loved cows, Vice's mom seemed like a really nice person. He was also tempted to ask what her first favorite animal was, but decided to leave the subject alone. Al was excited to hear his new friend had invited him to come over to his house sometime "I'd-I'd love that Vice! That sounds awesome!" It'd be a change of pace from his life at home, mostly alone. He took another sandwich, his mood again reinvigorated and chatted about some of his favorite tv shows and asking about all of the video games Vice had and commenting on each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.