Fruits Basket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki started getting to work. She starts singing Ichirin No Hana to herself.

Kimika was surprised when the same boy that had waved to her at school ran over. She hadn't expected anyone to take responsibility for this mess and definitely hadn't expected to see him here. She blinked with disbelief as he proceed to apologize to whoever was within earshot. "Uh, hey. It's okay. It's not that big a deal," she said to the frantic boy, trying to calm him down. She put a hand on his shoulder and bent down to his height. She gave him a reassuring smile before saying, "Don't worry, I'm sure you won't get into trouble. Akihito is really nice. He'll understand." She had only met Akihito a handful of times, but he seemed like a nice person to her at least. "Besides, who hasn't broken one or two windows in their lifetime?" she joked. After the boy had calmed down, she stood up and looked back at the window. "So, is this Akihito's house?" she asked the boy. She still had no idea where she was.

The girl reassured him that it would not be a problem and that the head of the Sohma's was a nice guy, Al wiped his eyes and sniffed "R-really?" he looked at the damaged window, blinking a bit at it. He looked back up at the girl when she asked about who the house was. "Oh, Akihito visits here, but he doesn't live here". He nods.

ooc: not sure where Akihito, Lucky, and Ame are doing at this point...

Vice was waiting for his new friend to come over. He was sitting in the living room watching T.V while his mom worked on making dinner for him and his friend if he showed up. He was in a happy mood not worried about Al not showing up. He chuckles at the T.V show as a funny scene came on.

Alvan remembered he wasn't going to make it to Vice's house if he didn't hurry, He looked at the girls and grimaced "I-I have to go, I'll be back to help you figure this out...just don't tell Durran" he said as he waved them farewell and ran down the block again, trying not to get distracted. Just then he made it to the house he'd recognized, he rapped on the door panting heavily from the run, awaiting a response.

Niki found herself wandering aimlessly around the grounds. A month was far too long to have been from the estate. She had practically no clue where she was going. "Um... Didn't I just pass that house a minute ago?" She turned in a circle then stopped to face the house. "I...am so lost." There was no need to panic or anything though. It wan't like it was a city or something; she couldn't get perpetually lost, only momentarily. Niki continued her search as calmly as possible. What she was searching for she didn't honestly know. Someone, anyone. Maybe even Akihito-sama himself, not that he would just be walking around. Niki stopped to lean against a tree. There was another house a few feet away so she decided to see if anyone was inside. Luckily she was not set on seeing anyone in particular.

OOC: I apologize, my internet is still out at the house. Im kidnapping my gran's net whenever I can. Also, im going to assume that Ame lives in Aki's homeo n the Estate.

Ame just turned around, and proceeded toward the kitchen of Akihito's home, her small, bare feet padding lightly on the traditional japanese flooring. Akihito would wait by her door until they returned, Lucky with Cereal of sorts, and her with her toast, and bread. She knew that lucky was following close behind, but the small, quiet girl ignored her words. She understood the sentiment of someone worrying, she just wasnt comfortable with the idea. Not since she arrived here in this house, was raised by women she never saw anymore. She remained in that small room, taking care of herself, growing up entirely too fast. Thouhg, in most cases, some would see her as much younger than she actually was in terms of appearance, her mentality was close to that of an adult.

Ame stepped into the kitchen, and moved over to the breadbox immediately. She grabbed two slices of bread, and put them in the toaster, afterward pulling the lever down. She'd wait about two to three minutes for her bread to toast while she fetched herself a glass of milk. Unfortunately, the glasses were in the cupboard......a few feet higher than she. The small dog huffed, and shook her head before turning toward the feline that graced her presence,"Neh, Lu-Chan. I need a glass...." she mumbled just as her toast popped up. She moved to the toaster, retrieved her food, placed it on a plate, and then buttered it while she assumed Lucky would kindly get her her glass of milk.

Once they had finished, they'd make their way back to Ame's little room, or Aki, and Lucky would force to her come out for a small time.

"Okay..." Kimika said as the boy ran off. She looked at the house then back at him. "So... What am I suppose to do now?" she asked no one in particular. Did he expect her to stand there until he came back? She shook her head. And who the heck was this Durran guy? She had never heard of him so he must not be that important. Maybe he was the kid's guardian? She realized that she didn't even know the kid's name and sighed. 'Jeez, what a day this is turning out to be,' she thought, feeling exhausted. She decided that the best course of action would be to find Akihito, but she was still completely lost. So what she really needed to do was to find someone who could take her to Akihito. It was too bad that most of the people here wouldn't even talk to her since she was the cat. She place a hand on her head. 'Maybe I should just go home,' she thought, but she wasn't even sure if she could find the way out of here on her own. She closed her eyes and tapped her hand against her head a few times before deciding what to do. Not having the patience really to just sit there and wait, she concluded that her best bet was to start wandering around again in hopes of finding someone who would be willing help her. Giving the broken window one last glance, she walked away.

Avice's mother heard the knocking on the door and opened it. She smiled brightly at the young boy at the door, panting like he had just ran here, "Hello! You must be Alvan." She says moving to the side so he could come in, "I'm Avice's mom." Avice poked his head out of the living room doorway looking at him mom then his new friend. He jumped up and ran over to Al, "Al! You made it!"

Alvan smilednervously "Haha, yeah, I got into abit of a problem on the way here" he grimaced. His face lighted up again, "But that's okay. I'm here now" he made a mental note to return tomorrow to talk to Akihito, hopefully he was as nice as the girl said.

He looked up at Vice's mother "May I come in please?" He said uneasily, being sure to stay polite.

Vice's mom nods and moves to the side to let the young boy in, "Of course!" Vice ran to his friend hugging him happily, "Let's go play!" He says releasing him from the hug and starting to pull him into the house.

Al jumped at the contact but hugged his friend back, when he was released he grinned excitedly "Alright! Let's go!" he said as he was pulled into the house. He followed behind, looking around his house carefully. It seemed much more cozy, and he could hear Vice's mom doing something in another part of the house. His house was usually quiet, and always the same. He looked back at Vice "So what are we going to do? Maybe you can take me to your room, Vice-kun."

Vice smiled at Al. He wanted to see his room? That was great! He hadn't had anyone over in a long time. "Yeah!" He said excitedly, still holding his hand he pulled him up a set of stairs to the upstairs. Pulling him down the hallway, he opened a door, revealing Vice's room. It was a soft blue color with a full size bed. There was a matching side tables as well as a matching dresser. The room had some cars and GI Joes scattered on the floor. A bookshelf stood in a corner of the room filled with chapter books and comics as well as art books and music books. On the other wall there was a small closet. "Sorry for the mess, Al-kun. I don't have many people over."

Al shrugged "It's okay, it's kind of interesting this way. He walked over to one of the GI Joe toys on the floor, picking it up to look at it and walked over to the bookshelf, inspecting everything in there "I have this comic series, except I never read this one" he pointed out to one of his books, eyes sparkling excitedly "It's so cool! I didn't even get to finish it but I'd like to", he said, putting the action figure on the shelf and pulling out the comic he liked "You have some really cool stuff".

Vice smiles, sitting on the bed, "You can barrow them! I don't mind! I've finished them." He tells him picking up a toy that was on his bed. He bent the arms and legs playing with it. "You can barrow anything you like." He was happy to have a friend that understood somewhat about him. He looks over at Al. "Tell me about your family."

Al beamed when Vice said he could borrow his stuff, happily staring at the cover of the comic book. "Tell me about your family" he said

Al's eyes darkened "Oh...well..." He put the book down for a moment. He decided he might as well answer honestly, he shrugged "I don't have a mom or dad, I was kind of adopted" he shrugged "My dad was a Sohma but he left when I was little, and so my mom gave me to the orphanage, then Durran adopted me to keep the secret safe" he shrugged, spilling the information nonchalantly but biting his lip. He grinned again "But that's okay, I have other people that I care for...like...well you" he laughed "Even if we just met"

Sion and Shion were skateboarding around the grounds when they spot Niki. Shion waves. "Hey! You lost?" She walks up, Sion following close behind.

Niki sat on the step of the house seeing as no one was there. "I'm totally lost," she sighed into her hands. She looked around, noticing the sound of someone or something approaching. She stood and walked out to see two girls on skateboards ride up. "Am I lost?! N-No way..." What am I doing? They want to help and it's not like they're guys, they're obviously two girls. If they're here then they're family as well. Niki sighed and folded her arms over her chest. "I'm totally lost. It's been a while since I last came to visit everyone. My name's Niki Sohma, by the way. I came to visit the family but, like I said, it's been a while. Can you show me around?" She smiled nervously at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lunch crowd had died down and the restaurant was no longer stuffed to the brink with customers. The heaviest part of the day was over now and Hideki Tatsuke was officially off the clock. He took off his apron and put it in his bag in the back room. He didn't bother having clothes to change out of since it wasn't like the uniform was uncomfortable or anything. He waved goodbye to the others as he left with a few waitresses just as another came in for her shift. He had never bothered to notice just how many women worked at the restaurant. They split up and he walked back toward the shopping center. He worked around food all day but he never ate at the restaurant, it was too weird. He preferred to wander around for different places and atmospheres. The walk gave him time to think over things anyway. He smiled at passersby that stared as he almost walked into others. There was no destination today and he wasn't really hungry. Hmm... Maybe I'll eat at home today... Just as he thought that he saw the Metro-kon. "What...is this?"

Ooc: Sion is a guy.

Shion smiles. "Of course. I'm Shion Sohma and this is my twin brother, Sion. Nice to meet you." Both of them put their hands out.

Vice frowns a bit, "Oh. I'm sorry." He felt awkward for a few minutes until he piped up again asking if Al wanted to play G.I Joes with him. He wanted Al to feel comfortable. "If you need anything Al-kun just ask alright?" He says moving to the floor with the toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.