From The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The station was a mass of chaos and screaming. He could hear gunshots and orders being given, but had no clue who or what was being fired upon. Not that he had an interest in the first place, he was more concerned with the menthol filling his lungs and the smell of perfume radiating from the poor girl giving him his money's worth. She was cute, not unlike the last girl he had, but he could tell she was terrified of whatever the environment around them wrought.

"Be calm, little one," he spoke gently, "These things happen and they always pass," though he'd be lying if he had told her that he wasn't nervous about how long this conflict seemed to have been going on. The shouting only grew closer and the shots more rapid. When he finished he gave her a tip, lit another smoke, and stepped out into the din around him.

Chuckling to himself he muttered, "Metro Station... Central Shithole of the world." He had been corralled to a "safe area" with a group of civilians and he was happy to oblige the men with rifles shoving them away. Nobody seemed to notice the pistol under his jacket, but he had to be wary of sticky fingered opportunists in the crowd he found himself trapped with. His backpack was a target, almost a symbol of status in this decrepit kingdom.

Wilson instinctively ducked as the round flew by unexpectedly and he quickly got up to return fire but not before Crimson was back up and fighting again. He didn't take time to process much during that moment, only the facts that he could confirm right then and there: This stranger was injured, there were still a few others back, he wasn't sure where the other ranger went, and he will have to switch magazines soon. Other than that everything was going by better than he had planned. All of that thinking had to come to a halt though as the anthro spotted more movement and in response he turned and squeezed the trigger. "You're still injured don't strain yourself!" He called out as he fired off a few rounds to keep the hostiles at bay.

Over time though it was becoming quite evident that the numbers were thinning. There was less than a dozen guns going off, and fresh bodies were strewn about the tunnel. If they didn't run then they were the few who were going to try and fight until the end.

20100906005105.jpg

As the assault on the door ceased, the loud metallic click of the large magnetic lock on the inside could be heard. A man wearing a strange mask popped his head out of the door, riddled with cutting marks, supposing the man had many attempts on on his life and came out the victor. "What is it dog" He spoke as he stepped out from behind the door, his voice carrying a natural aggression and forcefulness, a bandoleer strapped diagonally from his left shoulder to his hip held throwing blades, a rifle sling crossed the bandoleer, the barrel of a hunting rifle could easily be seen. The man was obviously well built, rivaling the muscular build of the wolf that faced him. The wolf's hands clenched into fists, glaring into the man's mask, he knew this man as Rashan, the enforcer of this hell.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Drakel
Minami hissed softly. She was obviously no match for the man that stood in the doorway. Her strength was no match for most, but her speed, stamina and agility allowed her to take down most enemies. She lay back and waited for an opportunity to strike.

"If I don't fight, then I'll have to owe you more later!" Crimson dipped down as a bullet whizzed past. "I garentee that they have less than a dozen, and if they have more, most are too afraid of death. Trick is to greet death as an old friend." At that moment, the oddest thing happened, he heard a piano being played, but not audibly, his mind was playing it. Kreutzer's Sonata, violin and piano duet. This piece reminds me of a long time ago, I was 8 and playing an instrument. I always hoped to be the person playing it, but I never learned to play the piano. His attacks started being less sporadic and more calculated, and skilled. Before he could think to stop himself, he was running back to the Ranger, "Where is the other group? We need to meet up with them, so we can get the rest of the bandits taken care of."

The wolf suppressed a deep growl as he kept his eyes locked with the man, he knew it was going to be damn near impossible to trying facing off with this brute of a man. He had seen what this man was capable of, the people he had killed with his hands alone, Rashan was no sort of pushover. "Nothing...." He glared, letting out a frustrated growl as the steel door slammed shut, the locks clicking. "I should have known...." He growled as his fist smashed the concrete wall, cracking it noticeably. "I have an idea, but I'll need help, a lot more than you can offer..." He said to the feline.
@Minami

• Bucket of Rainbows
Minami appeared again once the brute of a man had retreated inside and growled lowly at the wolf. 'As I said before, you need help.' she hissed annoyed. 'We have to go to the central, get you some clothes to make you less noticeable, try and find others that might be able to help.' she said sharply.

Liz smiled, glad that the other two gave their names quickly. That gave her the impression that they were friendly. Hearing Naomi's plan, she nodded, pulling her Zastzva around and raising it up. She took up a position behind Aiden, aiming at the door. When the bandits entered, she began to fire, each shot hitting. Bang. Headshot. Bang. Through the clavicle. Bang bang. Two shots to the sternum. She took out her pistol, wanting to save ammo for her Zastava, and began firing that, instead. Shoulder hit. Stomach. A bullet grazed her knee, pinging off the wall behind her. She shot again, the bullet going straight into someone's screaming mouth.

Jewel was scouting the world below, her crossbow at the ready in case anything showed up. Of course, nothing did. She was beginning to worry if there were anybody else out there. Was she alone? She was terrified. All those times wishing she were left alone, wishing people would go away, maybe her wish came true. Maybe she was the last human on earth, and she were left to face the mutants that grew on it. The thought made her shiver.

Jewel made her way down the building, her boots crunching against broken glass and chunks of stone. The day was cold, and it was starting to rain. Damnit, again? Its been raning nearly every day, her clothes were still slightly damp from the last time it rained.

WIth a sigh, she trumped through the sprinkle, avoiding the growing puddles. No way would she risk getting her boots clod with dirt and mud. It would only slow her down if she needed to run away. Jewel flipped and stored her crossbow across her back, allowing the familiar weight of it comfort her, and slipped out her dagger. It may no work for long range, but anything worked at this point against the creatures that lurked the earth.

She judged she was about a few days away from the Central Metrostation. She was excited, and scared at the same time. Jewel had no idea what she would find there. People? Maybe. Mutants? Maybe, most likely. She had no idea how to fight those things. One would probably kill her. Would she stop it? Would she fight? She didnt know. Maybe death was the answer, this world was dead with one being on it. Might as well flick out the last light and allow the earth to die in peace.

Once the bandits were killed Naomi motioned with the two to join her, "Time to leave" she said, reloading her weapon. One of them had screamed which created an issue as it could mean more would come to investigate, although Naomi didn't intend to stick around to wait for that to happen. Once the three were away from the room she began to backtrack her way through the outpost, taking the safer routes to the blockade which were most covered. Once they were there she'd waste little time in getting started, beginning to fire from the other side of the blockade. With both side being fired upon it'd be minutes before the blockade was clear and the two sides would be able to meet up with each other, which was when they would have an even better advantage on the situation.

With the back now pushing it wasn't long before the defending bandits were defeated. No matter where they took cover someone had a good shot and that left a group of either dead or injured gunmen strewn about the station once the smoke that originated from the muzzles of hot rifles diminished, silence returned with the sounds of groans and whimpers and cries for mothers originating from those who were still clutching onto life.

Once it was all over Wilson scanned the area before them, his rifle slowly sweeping left to right in tandem with his gaze. Eventually he lowered his rifle, a shuddered breath escaping him. They had won with little to no loss, but the guilt of a warrior was still affecting him no matter how minor it was since killing was the norm. He hid it though, slowly making his way forward with his gun lowered but ready to fire incase someone still had enough fight to challenge him. "Naomi! You out there?!" He exclaimed as he gave a glance to the Crimson and spoke in a less audible tone. "We'll take a look at you once we regroup. How ya feel?"

After the firing has ceased, Aiden took a peek out of the crates. Knowing the bad guys died, he got out from cover, pistol in hand, and followed Naomi to the blockade. Together, they both unloaded their clips out on the backside of the battle, clearing the area almost minutes later, then some people came out, shouting Naomi's name, He kept the pistol aimed at them, and kept out of their sight, not knowing if they were friendly or not.

He saw that one of those people consisted of a ranger, which are probably the nicest people you could ever meet in a wasteland. They only mean to do what's right, problem is, there aren't to many of those. Aiden holstered his pistol, and brought himself into sight. "I'm with her."

Naomi unloaded her last bullet from her clip just as the final bandit turned towards her. Lost for ideas she ran straight towards him, using her innate speed from being a tiger to close the gap before tacking his med section against the wall of the blockade. The man grunted and slammed his elbow down on her back, causing her to let out a pained sound before she slammed her knee into his stomach, throwing him down onto the floor before pulling out her knife to slit his throat. She grabbed him by his dirty hair, lifting his head back before spilling crimson fluid across the floor leaving his corpse to gargle as he choked on his own blood. When he name was called she would emerge from behind the blockade just as Aidan stepped out, raising her hand as she held a hand over her stomach, a little bruised from the fight. "Yeah, I'm here" she called back. "There are some slaves up further still in cages... we should get them out" she said before easing herself down to the ground. She'd overworked her body in both endurance, speed and strength and now that the fighting was over her body screamed for rest.

"In all honesty, I'm hungry." At this point Crimson's leg gave out and he fell. He forced himself up, and put his weight on his bow. "She says that there are others, I say we go and help if they need it." Looking at his gear, he figured that he would have work to do after this was all over. Walking deeper into the tunnel, he looked to the now sitting form. Looking at her, Crimson noticed her holding her stomach. "Everything okay?"

Liz had stayed a bit behind, bringing up the rear of their group. She had provided covering fire where she could when they had assaulted the back of the blockade. When a man called to Naomi, Liz tilted her head, her ears perking up. Must've been one of the other rangers. She stepped forwards, seeing two new men coming over. One of them crouched down next to Naomi, checking on her. Liz watched quietly, unsure of what to do next.

(Whoo! Hoorah for minimalism! Sorry. Just very exhausted today. Both mentally and physically.)

@G3n3s1sR3b0rn @Librarian Cat @❖Shlavekt❖
@Winter
Wilson nodded and started into a jog ahead of the man, confident he could take care of himself. There was a small gap, but the recent fight was tasking for the ranger, and he felt the curse of fatigue consume his body as the arenaline diminished. He eventually reached the others and nodded to Naomi before glancing at the other two associates, his gaze stopping on the bloody Liz for a good minute.

"... Okay okay okay.. " The hybrid muttered as he rubbed the back of his neck and conjured a course of action in his head. "Alright.. I need you to go ahead and start helping Naomi and the other one. His name is Crimson." He said, his directions directed towards Aiden before they shifted to Liz. "You should.. Probably get that blood washed off. There has to been a canteen of water or something out there, right?" While he continued to give instructions between his pants it was evident he was looking over each individual, reading them like a book before he came up with a nod and a smile. "Ladies and gentlemen we just took over a notorious complex..." He pointed out, turning his back on the group to scan his surroundings. "... That was pretty fuckin' ninja. I'm going to go get those people out. Feel free to gather anything you want or need.. Perhaps it is best we stay here for the time being." With those words being left behind he slowly started back where the back makeshift cells were. That left the group to do what was needed to be done, unless they have their own plans in mind, that is.

@Ayla

The world beyond her gaze was exactly what she probably had expected: desolate with signs of a prosperous life long ago. The clouds above seemed to never end today, and the only thing to break the silence was the occassional whistle from the natural winds. It was as if peace was found in this lifeless world, that was until an inhumane howl erupted, followed by a series of gunshots. The shots weren't too far away, and they all sounded like they came from one gun. The question was though, would she risk investigating the shots? Could it be a fellow survivor, or one without morals that could attack her or do worse if she wasn't careful?

Jewel
Jewel sighed and leaned her back against the crumbling wall. She had taken refuge for nightfall. Never in her life would she have done such a thing beforehand, but now, it was a totally different story. There were things out there, and she was the only thing on the menu.

She couldnt allow herself to believe she was the last. Wouldnt. It would destroy the only humanity she had left. Jewel wanted to survive this, wanted to keep breathing, but everything pointed the opposite direction.

She leaned over and struck the last match she had. She knew she needed to find more, but that was besides the point. Her clothes were wet from the previous rain, and she would get sick if she didnt dry them off somehow. Slipping off her boots and clothes until she was bare except for her undergarments, she made a makeshift spit with steel rods and concrete. It was a sad display of surival, but it was drying her clothes she desperately needed. The fire was behind a slab of fallen building to ensure the shadows were only thrown on the opposite side, away from the massive gap in the wall.

Hopefully it would keep everything that wanted to kill her at bay.

Minami appeared again once the brute of a man had retreated inside and growled lowly at the wolf. 'As I said before, you need help.' she hissed annoyed. 'We have to go to the central, get you some clothes to make you less noticeable, try and find others that might be able to help.' she said sharply.
Cassius growled back at the female, not liking her tone as she spoke to him, raising a brow when she spoke of a place called the central. He hadn't known what she was talking about but he knew for sure that meant they'd run into monsters, a lot of them. "What's wrong with my clothes?" He snapped, he had been dressed in tattered shorts, an iron collar around his neck riddling with claw marks, signifying he had been attempting to escape for a while.

• Bucket of Rainbows
She crossed her arms when he snapped at her and lifted a brow. 'Well you kind of look like an escaped convict, not exactly the vibe we want to give off.' she huffed.
'I have a little hideout near the central, I should at least have a shirt laying around and a cloak that covers your body. It's best to keep a low profile, people don't take too kindly on us hybrids. They think we're less than ordinary people, for some reason. ' she explained.
'Now, let's go. I might even be able to get that collar off if I have the right tools.' she said and gestured for him to follow her.

@Stryder

Naomi nodded towards Crimson. "I'm fine, just a but overworked I think" she said as she caught her breath. Though she was faced, unseen and lethal in the shadows, an all out brawl isn't something she was built for. Her slender figure added in stealth and concealment, not fighting and bludgeoning others into submission. Had it not been the fact that guy was likely tired from the firefight, he might have beaten Naomi and killed her earlier. She waved off her hand as Wilson mentioned about helping her, "I'm fine, I'm not wounded. Just exhausted" she said before slowly getting to her feet. "I didn't survive the tunnels alone for a couple weeks to end up dead here" she said semi seriously as she stretched a little.

@Furasian
@Librarian Cat
@G3n3s1sR3b0rn
@❖Shlavekt❖

Status
Not open for further replies.