From The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fillip was kicking up dirt when someone finally spoke again. "We really need to get moving." Walking up to a cart, he placed his rifle and the new-found revolver on-top, only to detach the drum magazine of the rifle to double check that he had no ammo left. Sighing, he reattached the drum magazine and slung his rifle back over his shoulder. "The more time we waste, the more time the bandits have to fortify and prepare their position for an attack." Picking up the revolver, he holstered it on the belt he grabbed from one of the bandits. Fillip moved to find the group once again, upon finding the ranger, he smiled. "I am ready to go if everyone else is. My empty rifle at my side shall lead us through this." He joked.

Wilson nodded and glanced between each person in the darkness they were in. He couldn't see anyone clearly, but he knew they were there and willing to back him up on a fight where they were almost outbumbered 2 to 1. With all thougts aside the ranger looked back towards the barricade then took careful aim, lining his iron sights up with an exposed portion of one of his targets. "If you all are ready like you say you are then get into a spot and I'll start engaging." The ranger said as he gave a glance to Naomi again then returned his attention to his target. Hopefully she wont get injured like he asked her to, there were many questions drifting around even though he didn't look like he had them.

"Shall we start this party...." Crimson reached into the very roots of his years of training and pulled it all together. When he opened his eyes, he could see more clearly and could trace sounds and movement more efficiently. I only was able to do this thanks to the changes in the air. Most people he knew didn't have any resistance to the new air, but when he was caught off guard by a toxic cloud, he ended up being like this, able to see and hear better. He pulled an arrow from his quiver, placed it on the bow, and looked to the others. "Ready for your cover fire?" The second he got his confirmation, he drew his bow and fired, causing a slight spark as it was off target by half an inch.

Behind the blockade
There were about a total of six men scanning the perimeter while a few others continued with business. To them it was just a simple group of survivors fighting to avoid capture, but the silence was unsettling for the majority of the bandit party as some pondered who or what was out there. Fortunately there was a major profit to be made for they had collected a mass of refugees that were in healthy condition to work. It wouldn't be long until they were moved though with the fact the roundup wouldn't last much longer and a pair of bandits began walking into a makeshift prison, ready to count the amount of people they had as well as fantasize the profits in the horizon.

The area where most of the prisoners are held was dim with only a crack in the wall filtering the sunlight they had. From the looks of it the room had a dozen and everyone was silent after the recent conflict with a bandit and prisoner. It wasn't long though until the leader stepped in with his right hand man, light funneling into the room from the door. There was a used weathered fence that had separated the two from their catch, preventing an easy takeover if it were being plotted. A pair of crimson red eyes went over the prisoners, then a voice followed, one that vibrated with annoyance. "My my my look at the money... I thought we collected 15 people."

"We did, but a couple of them have not been soo... Cooperative. They're in the back room." Another voice had chimed in, one that belonged to the other bandit as the two went towards a door down the lane where one of their comrades had sat applying pressure to his neck. It wasn't no secret he had been hurt as blood ran freely down his clothing, the only question was how bad the bite wound was...

@G3n3s1sR3b0rn @Librarian Cat

Inside the dark room some voiced could be heard, three of them that were muffled due to the fact the door was between the two individuals and whoever was talking. Soon though the door slowly opend, and the ring leader stepped inside, a chuckle escaping him as his eyes looked over the two individuals who were bound up. They weren't alone though, for a third restrained prisoner was present, one who was motionless in a dark corner. "So.." The bandit began, picking at his nails with the tip of his knife, "You lot are causing quite a problem for my friends, hrm?"

What a mess he's gotten himself into. Now he's sitting in tied up with some other stranger, muffled, and being asked questions by a giggling knife-toting wierdo.
~~~
It all started when Aiden decided he went along with a bunch of refugees, hoping he would continue to be just one step ahead of that damn Assassin. Instead, he was knocked unconscious, beaten, stripped of his weapons, and thrown into a dirt pile with those lucky enough to not die during the bandit attack.

It all went to complete crap at the first bursts of gunfire, some woman in our huddled crowd screamed "He's dead!" before another gunfire sound cracked through the walls of the subway, and then some laughing, the woman who screamed dropped down as well, dead. Then, complete chaos. People ran all over, hoping for a good hiding spot, and sadly, this was all our fault, rangers did say that this was unsafe territory for huge, unarmed crowds. More gunshots were heard, and more people died, but Aiden decided not to run, he reached in one of the caravan carts in hopes to find his gun, when he finally gotten a grasp of it, he heard one of the bandits shout "Here doggy!" As Aiden growled and turned around to confront that racist jerk, he was smacked in the head by what seemed like a metal bat. It was blunt, and heavy, and all it did was made him hurt, badly. He slumped to the cart, watching with blurry vision on all that was happening, the racist one shouting to someone else, "Hey boss! Got another one for ya'!" and he went to drag him, he really wanted to fight this bastard, but alas, he was too weak to move, or even see for that matter...

After some time 'napping', Aiden awoke to see that the confrontation was over, he was in some strewn-up pen with other unfortunate souls. Bodies lay about the camp, the bandits brushing them aside like they were garbage, mere crumpled-up pieces of paper that needed to be piled up in a trash can. It was sickening, but nothing out of the ordinary these days. Aiden was lucky to be awake, let alone alive. Apparently, so was everyone else, they gathered around him as he woke up, some smiled and patted the Anthro on the back. He wasn't the only one knocked unconscious either, they were also waiting on another man, sprawled against the wall, with blood dripping from his head. A little girl-probably his daughter, had her arms wrapped around him, her face buried against him.

This may just be Aiden's bad judgement, but something says that father's not waking up anytime soon. Of course, nobody dared said that or even attempt to make sure, it's just one of the few shining examples of respect on this scorched Earth.

A few more groups blindly made their way through this area, and ended up being in this cage as well, totaling our group to 15 sad and lonely prisoners. All Aiden thought during the time: Why did the fugitive Anthro with a criminal record get to live, and the loving father of a sweet kind girl have to suffer? He placed his hand on his cheek, and stared at the ground for awhile. Then, someone hatched an idea to escape, and Aiden, and two others went along with it, four of us in general, he said one of us were going to stay, to be the Martyr. Aiden nodded in agreement, he will be the one to distract the bandits, while the others got to escape, it was what he was meant to do, plus, he gets to make sure that racist gets to eat his words.
When the other two open the door, Aiden ran straight for that racist arse with a bat. He just stood there in surprise, and screamed as Aiden bit his neck. Hard. Blood was pouring from his neck and his mouth as soon as they tore Aiden off of them. The threw him to the ground, and beat him some more until he started coughing up blood, then, the pulled him into another room, and tied him up? After all this they were going to simply let him live? He bit someone's neck!
These are some pretty nice bandits then, possibly a faction deal going on. Guess there really is a set of standards for all of the cattle they 'attain'. Good to know...
eventually, said escapees were also captured, goodness knows what they did wrong, ad sent two of them back here in this room. What happened to the third? Aiden shuddered to think...
~~~
And that brings us to the present, and to the matter at hand, well, Aiden was not one to use his words much, only when doing small talk and desperate attempts at avoiding desolation does he talk to people. He looked at the other two bound people, the one in the corner looked dead...not good. The other one...well, let's just put the description as 'wildcard' on that one. He looked at the leader with cold, dark eyes, and growled a muffled growl at him. He refused to speak. And what was he going to do? When you're a slave, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain...
@Furasian
@G3n3s1sR3b0rn

Last edited:
Liz, her head drooping forwards, looked up as the door opened. It was the leader of this pack of mongrels. She suppressed a shudder as she saw him. "Maybe we have. How 'bout you get over here and you can figure out the truth for yourself. Your lackey out there already has." She smiled coldly as she said this, her teeth showing. There was blood drying around her mouth and teeth. It had tasted horrible, corrupted by whatever habits that man practiced. She had almost gagged when he had left the room.

The bandit leader seemed unphased by what the lady said, but he did approach and crouch down infront of her with his arms resting across his legs. "How problematic.. But that's what one gets for trying to communicate with the unfortunate without keeing some sort of distance." While he spoke his eyes drifted between the two responsive captives, showing a desensitized look in them. It was evident he did not have a value for life and he was simply waiting for another comment. "Did you three get to know eachother yet? This wil probably be your last form of communication before your master slave relationship develops.. Enjoy it while you can my pets~ And you.." He said, drifting his attention to the anthro before continuing. "I think some person in the north was looking to collect exotic animals. You think it'll be worth the trouble dragging you up there? Or should I just drop everyone off at the highest paying market?"

A smile pulled at Liz's mouth. This guy, though obviously an ass, was slightly amusing. If she weren't in this position, she might actually get along with this guy. But that couldn't happen. They had all decided their fate with how they treated her.

She tilted her head slightly, furrowing her brow and frowning, pretending that she was honestly thinking about the question. "Well... It really depends on how much the collector pays you. I'd guess it was a lot. He wouldn't expect you to travel that far and pay you so little. And especially if he was getting me. I think I'm worth quite a bit, myself."

She was still clawing away at the ropes that bound her wrists. She had gotten through quite a few of the loops and there were only a few left to go. "If we go there, do you think we could stop and do a bit of sightseeing? I've never had time whenever I was in the north before." She perked her ears slightly. She was fairly certain she was putting on a fairly convincing act. One must do what one must for amusement in these situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time Wilson had finished talking, Naomi was already lost among the shadows, using her lithe slender frame to glide between the rusted shells of old world trains as she ventured closer. "Keep your eyes peeled, I'm about to make them blind" she'd whisper to the group in the dark before she'd left them. As she closed towards the blockade she came lower into a crouch, withdrawing her EBR from her back which she leveled to her shoulder. One by one she began to shoot out the lights, bringing the world around them into darkness and introducing them to an environment that the young women thrived in. By now the others should be in perfect position and should the bandits investigate the lights they'd have clear shots to drop them. Naomi however would not be among those engaging in the firefight, for she was far more concerned with infiltrating the blockade and doing some damage from the inside out. With luck she could find some information, with more luck she would find something better. But for now she would await for Wilson and the others to cause some chaos, giving her the opening required to slip through the blockade into deep into the enemy territory.

As soon as the lights went dead, he knew that was his signal. Standing tall and using his memory of the tunnel, he quickly loosed a handful of arrows. Several of them caused sparks to illuminate the area for a second, revealing that they were mere inches from their targets. Two screams could be heard and light thumps as bodies hit the ground. "By your estimations, Ranger, there are only five left. Two of them have fallen to my rage!" Crimson was glad that he was here, he loved the adrenaline that was flowing through his veins, something he did not get a lot of since the issue. He continued to fire, but even with the sparks of the arrowheads, he could not get another shot in that would cause a death, the injury count, however, was large. He knew that he had hit at least two in their legs, and one in his arm, but other than that he was unaware of what happened to the targets.

Wilson's gaze shot up to the ceiling as he saw the lights go out, instinctively bringing the stock of his rifle to his shoulder as his eyes adjusted to the darkness. With everyone else already taking advantage of the darkness the ranger got up and let loose a few shots, the majority of his fire making it's mark on someone. The man he had shot collapsed then writhed on the floor as he cried out in agony, moments before death kicked in. "That makes three down.." The ranger muttered as he listened to the shouting and occasional gunfire their direction. While none were necessarily anywhere close to them, it wouldn't be long until the shots will become more focused on their general location.

"We might want to sit back and see how this camp reacts.. They might have one or two more on reserve out there. You see anything Crimson?" While Wilson spoke there indeed was a slight difficulty getting exact locations other than brief muzzle flashes. The only way the ranger could do anything was to push or shift to a different location.

Behind the blockade

The leader was caught off guard by the girl's response, and his gaze shifted over to the other prisoner before he chuckled and stood up. "Forgot you were the one who was used to being handed around, girl." He replied, opening his mouth to speak again before someone interrupted his address to the other man.

"Sir, the search squad is dead and someone's attacking our blockade, we already lost two men." The sidekick reported, causing the bandit leader attitude to transition rather quickly from a serene one to a more angered one.

"Well what are you waiting for then?! Go out there, take everyone you need!" The now enraged man said, waving the man out before turning to the male captive, approaching him as he adjusted his grip on the knife. "Was this your doing?! Did you bring backup you idiot? Don't fucking fuck with me!" He shouted, his back turned to the girl as he brought the blade of his knife to one of the anthro's ears. "Huh?! Do I have to cut an ear off to make you talk?!"

Liz's smile faltered slightly at the leader's words. "Handed around." Her mask was quickly back up, but the cracks were apparent. Anger, though slight, had leaked into her expression. Her ears perked up as a man rushed in, bringing news of an attack. The leader was obviously angry. He turned and started yelling at one of the other prisoners. "I don't know anything about the psychopaths attacking you. Not my problem. But they are for you. I'd suggest making sure all of your guards are protecting your precious merchandise. And the door to this room, as well. You could just sit in here, of course. Hide from the enemy. No shame in that. Unless you count the fact that you're just sending men to die for you. But you wouldn't care. Life has no meaning for one such as yourself." Her work on the binds had finally paid off. She had clawed her way through them. Her wrists were free at last. The binds had left them chafed and sore. She smiled coldly at the leader. If the psychos made it there and opened the door, the leader would be distracted. That was the brest time for her to strike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aiden gave that leader a look in the eyes. That guy looked quite mad, maybe at the fact that those who ran away kinda want to go and destroy him and his cruel ways, and all he wants to do is cut his ear off? His world's all gone to shit, and still he doesn't try and bother killing us? He is one persistent man, one that's going to get himself killed very soon. And he deserves it for the monstrous acts he's created and accomplished, the world would be a greater place without him. Aiden pricked his ears up and started giggling, finally talking to him after some time;

"I doesn't matter whether or not I sent them...your life is about to end soon enough"

He knew what the one in the corner was doing, he smiled, he doesn't care if he looses an ear. The other looses his life.

@Furasian @G3n3s1sR3b0rn

"I like your idea, I'll hold off the fire for a bit, and we shall see what they make of it." He took off his cloak, shirt and undershirt, putting back on his shirt and cloak, he pulled an arrow from his quiver and wrapped the undershirt around it. "As for the light, I do have an idea, but it wont last long, so we have to be sure we are both ready to fire. How many shots could you get off in maybe half a minute? For me, I could fire with high accuracy, possible ten arrows." He looked around, found an abandoned car, and checked the gas tank. Finding some remaining, he pushed the arrow in, and pulled it out, the bundle dipped in gas. "Because if they are any good of a shot or can run, I can get us light for about half a minute, I hope the others use that time to their advantage as well."

As the flashlights ignited to fill the empty void of the tunnel the young Ranger moved forwards, moving like an exhaled breath sent from the depths of the abyss. She was fast, calculating and laid her path carefully with trained strategic perception. She moved through the blockade, infiltrating through the chaos with ease as she headed deeper in order to build on the calamity that began to swell with each passing second. Those with scopes or a keen eye would see some of the flashlights blink out in the dark, the only sign of Naomi making progress as she continued on into the fray. More lights were banished from existence as she headed on before slowing her pace into a low crouch behind a wooden box. She could hear something, voices... two male, one female... one of the males appeared to be elevated and unbalanced in his behavioral tone of voice. Wilson had mentioned hostages which is why she'd pushed in so far, to ensure they weren't used in order to halt the attack or their lives taken as recompense for the comrades they'd lost at the blockade.

Slowly she crept up towards the room, putting out another light that sat upon another wooden crate close to the door. Slowly she pressed her hands flat against the door, placing an ear against it as she listened in on the conversation. She couldn't tell much but it appeared those inside didn't agree or weren't seeing eye to eye on something. There didn't seem to be anything to indicate that these were the hostages, however given the situation that continued to flare in the tunnels behind her she was running out of time and needed to make a judgement call. Taking a deep breath she pulled her knife before knocking on the door twice, holding the knife backwards in her grip as she stood to the side of the rusted door. Should the man inside ask her who it was, she would respond with silence and knock again, should he answer the door she would wait till the door was slightly ajar before kicking it open, the result causing the door to slam into the man. taking him off his feet and onto the floor where she could pounce on him for her kill before plunging her knife deep into the neck of the would be leader.

Wilson glanced over at the source of Crimson's voice as the man spoke, his ears perked up so he could get every word. "I could get off as many as I want if I wont want to be accurate." He replied with a chuckle as he stood up to take aim over the debris he had been using for cover. "They'll see where it came from, and we'll be in a lot of trouble then." Now was the wait, for the targets to get up and fire when the light was lit. It was obvious not all of them were stupid though, some were bound to stay behind whatever they hid to avoid a quick death. There were more arriving, but not a lot boosting the total up back to six.

Behind the Blockade

"You think you're fucking funny? Huh?" The leader snarled, leaning over the man as he pressed the sharp edge against his ear. He didn't stop and his movement wasn't swift, but he did stop when he noticed a drop of the anthro's blood trickling down his blade. That was when the knock interrupted the interrogation, and the man paused to look over at the door. "Who the fuck is out there?! Ken? Liam?! Get your asses to the front!"

Liz watched as the leader drew blood from the other captive's ear. Just then, a knock came on the door. The leader turned to it, yelling at whoever was outside. Liz decided to take her chance then. Bringing her arms around from behind her, she leaned forwards and leaped. She dug her claws into into his shoulders, her jaws clamping onto his neck. She felt her teeth slice through the flesh and scrape against bone. She gripped onto him in case he tried to dislodge her.

"Well then, let's test our accuracy! Ready?" He pulled an old lighter up to the arrow, lighting it, he drew and fired. "GO!!!" The tunnel had lit up a lot more than it had been, so visibility was not much of an issue anymore. Crimson used this time to quickly draw and fire several times. By the drop on the arrows, he figured that they were about one hundred meters away from his location, and he had the wind to his back. "Oh yeah..... the wind is in our favor.... now it's time to empty my quiver." He laughed maniacally and began firing rapidly, and hit every gunman at least one time, hitting one directly in the eye. After this, he began aiming for the guns, dodging bullet paths as he went. As he emptied his quiver, he heard a much louder gunshot and his side felt like it had just burst into flame. "Well, I am hit.... this will hurt so much after the adrenaline wears off."

Aiden winced as he slid his knife, trying to make cutting his ear as slowly and as painfully as possible, he did nothing more but notice the pain, and just see the blood get absorbed into his fur, turning it red. But after what seemed like just a few seconds...it stopped, he stopped closing his eyes and looked up to see that the man was now wondering what was at the front door, he looked at the prisoner in the corner, and smiled, she'd gotten herself free. Aiden would frankly do the same thing, but his hands were tied to the chair, not his hands, so his claws were just a tad bit out of reach, so sadly, he cannot help in this intervention, other than standing there and taunting him. "Hey, idiot! Aren't you supposed to be torturing me right now? Because I surely don't feel it!"

Before he could turn around and react, the corner prisoner sprang up into action, she ran to the man, and bit him on the neck, which was apperently a popular move used by us anthros lately. Who is this, the third guy within the hour? Aiden wriggled to get himself free- he really wanted a piece of the action, but apparently fate (or the chair) prevented him from helping her. This was her fight, there was nothing he can do to help, all he can do is sit and watch, what he has been doing all this time. He was no worse than the prisoners out there suffering through every sight they saw. But yet he was still in here, because he bit some guy. All he did was watch with cold eyes the display that was put before him, he watched as the female took him down with ease, pretty sure he was going to die soon...any time now...

And maybe, just maybe, she might set him and the other prisoner free. Well free as free gets anyways.

@G3n3s1sR3b0rn
@Furasian
@Winter

As the words filtered through the rusted door to confirm the unknown, Naomi found relief knowing she'd made it to the hostages and that they were still alive. What seemed strange to her was that one of them seemed to be goading the man inside to torture him, something which usually wasn't done unless the hostage knew someone was about to creep up on them providing a distraction. As the man inside went to respond there was a thump, like the sound of a body hitting the floor before a crunch and a scream came from inside. She couldn't hold back anymore, there was no time to look for another entry point and with the fire fight continuing on behind her at the blockade time was limited. She took a deep breath, pulling her EBR from her back which she leveled to her shoulder before clicking on her flashlight; intending to blind anyone inside thinking of raising a firearm in her direction. With a swift kick she booted the door open, snapping the old rusted hinges which caused the door to clatter to the ground. She leveled her weapon before she moved in, but what she saw inside wasn't quite what she expected. Two anthro hostages and one armed man who was now screaming and writhing in agony as the female tore into his throat. Naomi grimaced, not being the kind to attack in that way despite being a predator. In any case she thought it might be best to say something before they get the wrong idea. "Relax, I'm apart of the cavalry" she said as she stepped passed the two on the floor, pushing her EBR around onto her back again as she pulled out her knife, "There's more of us assaulting the blockade but I managed to slip through. I was planning to get you guys out but it looks like you've taken care of it yourself, for the most part anyway" she said as she cut away the restraints keeping the male anthro bound to the chair. "There's a few dead bodies outside that have weapons on them, take what you need and lets get moving, unless you would rather stick around and risk getting captured again" she said, a small joke as she put her knife away and took out her rifle again. Now that she had met with the hostages sneaking around wouldn't be as much of an option as it was far easier to use stealth when alone, let alone in a group of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.