From The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hades cracked a bit of a grin hearing Walters words as knelled behind him listening to his plan. "You ask me as though I have a choice, my orders are to follow you into hell if comes to that, but I have no problem going in silent. Thankfully the bottom of my feet aren't metal so I won't make a loud noise every step so there's a positive. Might be the first actual mission, but I learned quite a bit hanging around the S.E.R.E. guys and passed early all of my tests so hopefully that counts for something." He then rested his KSG on his arms as he entered a code on his left wrist bringing out a small pod with a spearhead on it before readying his weapon again. "If we can get the drop on the sentry I can take him out cleanly. A good old fashion steel line choke out should do the trick I think. Anyway lets go, I'll cover your six." He said ready to move.

Walter nodded. "Right then, let's get this going..." the pair began to pick their way through the ruined buildings that surrounded the square. The buildings had taken significant damage, mainly from structural decay and blast damage, thus there were plenty of holes in the walls of the buildings to move through. This allowed them to easily stay out of sight from the sentries out front and on top. Carefully and slowly, they made their way to the insertion building. Walter motioned to a room with a caved in roof that lead outside. They quietly walked up the make shift ramp before Walter peaked his head out of the whole. The actual target building was only separated by this one through a narrow ally gab roughly 1.5 ft. in width from what he could tell. The roof held two sentries, one scanning the square from above while the other simply patrolled around the roof's perimeter, currently on the opposite side of the building. Walter crouched back down and began to attach a suppressor to his rifle. He motioned to Hades, "Two sentries, one on left, one on far right. I have far right you take left. On my mark." He peaked his head out and took aim at the patrolling sentry. "Mark!" Walter took the shot, dropping the sentry silently. He only hoped that Hades could take out the overwatch one.

Hades focused in his shot, but before he was able to line up the shot Walter took out the other sentry forcing him to fire his grappling hook hitting the sentry's neck and pulled downward to quickly silence him and pull him to the ground before anyone spotted him in trouble. He then retracted the hook before turning back towards Walter. "It should be noted I don't carry any silenced weaponry besides my spear hook and claws. Although in this environment that shouldn't be a problem. I only ask you can you make sure I'm fully ready next time?" He said looking at Walter making sure they were ready for their next move.

Sergei Dawes placed the files, and Mr. Boise proceeded to search each one until he found little metal thingys. He plugged them into the comp. and out popped out so many things, and in the middle of it all was this bar that said 1% and grew with each passing second. Finally Mr.Boise handed Sergei the rest of the classified files, apparently something very important were in those. Mr. Boise got on his jacket, looked around the room and pressed a few buttons, then patted him on the back, "My friend, what you found today would make your ideal utopia a reality. What you found here were plans for a project that never got finished. Maybe, we could finish it?" Sergei nodded with agreement. "That sounds like a plan to me. So what now?"
"Well first off, I want to tell you that we are being followed."
"Oh, that's a scary thought, but at least my suspicions are correct."
"Yes, so we are just going to sit here and wait until that download is installed, then we leave, hopefully before our friends arrive."
Sergei waited quite impatiently, curling his tail and tapping his foot, he looked at the download, hopefully almost done.
25% complete.

"Right.... well now we know at least!" he said weakly with a chuckle. "Anyway, onward." the pair moved to the top of the roof. Walter stopped and pulled out his tablet, taking a look at the building's schematics and began to slowly pace around the roof. "Right....about.... here..!" he stopped suddenly and crouched down, placing a breaching charge on the roof. "Alright, here's phase three. I'm gonna plant a MUTE charge so we can blow this hole with out raising any alarms. Once inside, we're gonna follow a hallway to the stair well. While I don't expect much of a security detail inside the actual building, I definitely bet there will be sentries in the stair well. Once we get to B1, we will exit and move towards the server room. There we will make a second breach with a kicker charge, grab the intel, and bug it back to the roof. Sound good?" Walter asked when he finished.

Hades listened to Walter's plan as he moved into position. "How should we deal with the VIPs that you spotted earlier. I suspect they will more likely be in the area if they are not in the server room itself. Will the RoE be move in and takedown non-lethally unless met with force or merely take control, get the files and leave?" He questioned Walter as he waited for him to set the charge. It seemed he didn't care much about taking down the sentries so long as it was quiet, but he figured he wanted to deal with the ones with the files with a better method.

As the day went on, Zee Captain traversed through the ruins of the city while listening to her new Walkman, seemingly oblivious to the bones he was walking over as she crossed a street to the next sidewalk. While on this stroll he came to the end of the block and was about to cross the street like the last, but something caught her eye as he looked to her right down the street.

"oh my, what's this?"

Zee Captain inquired to himself, with a quick reach into her satchel Zee Captain pulled out his binoculars and looked through them, she then let out a longing sigh as he got a clear view of what she spotted.

"Ma chérie....."

Through the binoculars Zee Captain spies an old billboard, on this billboard is a torn and faded picture of the same vehicle Zee Captain seen in the advertisement on the news paper piece he found. Lowering the binoculars Zee Captain puts them back in her satchel before looking towards the billboard.

"don't worry my sweet, Zee Captain is on the way!"

Zee Captain declared before walking towards the billboard with a purpose, as Zee Captain marched forward he happened to walk under a small overpass, it was broken down the middle, with what looked like the back of an old rusted van hanging over it, just barely hanging on. As Zee Captain walked under the overpass he stopped and turned to look to his right at the pillar holding up what remained of the overpass, she stood their with his mug in hand while staring at the pillar.

"it is such a relief to know that even in this day and age modern art thrives!"

Zee Captain said with a smile under her gasmask as he viewed the pillar covered with faded graffiti, she brought his mug up to her gasmask and opened a small slot, to which he inserted a straw into it before taking a sip from the mug's contents before closing the slot. Unknown to Zee Captain hungry eye's were watching, a fairly big humanoid creature about five to six feet tall watched Zee Captain from the shadows, when Zee Captain stopped and turned her back to it the creature let out a low hunger filled growl as it lined itself up to attack it's next meal. The time to strike was now, the creature let out a monstrous roar before it jumped from behind the pile of rubble that came from the damaged overpass, Zee Captain turned around, slightly startled from the sound, the creature landed at the bottom of the rubble pile and glared at Zee Captain, the weight of the creature shook the ground slightly as it landed.

"goodness, has someone been pigging out?"

Zee Captain asked the creature nonchalantly as he stood still, the creature let out another roar, almost as if it was insulted before it began to charge, unknown to Zee Captain and the creature the slight shake from the when the creature had landed had ever so slightly shifted the van hanging over the overpass above. As the creature closed in on Zee Captain the van dislodged from it's precarious position and fell, it's back doors flew open as it sped towards to two below, when the creature jumped to pounce the captain it's vision blacked out as a loud bang rang out, a second later the creature came to it's senses if found itself laying on it's back, it then looked to were it's supposed meal was standing just a moment ago, but all it seen was a rusted white van with the front pointing upward and a dent on the vans roof where it hit it's head. The van began making a creaking sound, the creature tilted it's head to the right as it looks at the dent it had made, the dent began to slowly implode in on itself from the weight of the vehicle pushing down on it, the van started to tip backwards towards the creature, as if on instinct the creature began to panic as it tried to get to it's feat but to no avail, the van fell backwards and the creature let out a screech as it was crushed by the vehicle with a metal crunching sound.

Zee Captain hadn't moved a muscle, one second their was a monster charging towards him, then the next she was shrouded in darkness, shortly after the light flooded into his eye's again followed by a loud noise, Zee Captain looked around then walked around the side of van and looked at it's side to see a rusted image of a bag of chips.

"tsk-tsk, you shouldn't eat junk food, the weight it'll put on you can kill"

Zee Captain said in a disappointed tone while slowly shaking her head before turning to leave and continuing to march towards the billboard, as he walked away, the left arm of the creature could be seen protruding from under the van, it twitched a few times before it went limp.

"now, where was I?~"

Zee Captain asked herself in his regular cheerful tone as she continued onward.

Wilson watched the uncanny individual set out to get more people, his right hand shifting off the handle of his primary weapon to wrap around the magazine that was locked into the gun. It was rather interesting to watch this stranger automatically round up three people for an almost suicidal mission, or so the ranger thought. Regardless, it was still not enough to satisfy his worries, and a thought drifted around in his head that told him to step forward and try to round people up, but he knew as soon as he stepped aside someone was going to challenge the guards without the image of a ranger in the way. It was a powerful title indeed, but that was all it was, a title, and sooner or later people were going to expect him to do something about the perils that were down the tunnel.

With nobody directly approaching him though it gave the hybrid time to address the more timid person beside him; the one offering some ammunition. "For me?" He asked, holding a hand out for the housecat to give the rounds if he was really meant to do so. "Thank you.. I'll pay you back later on down the road, alright?"

Walter began to set the charge. "If we run into any VIP, non lethal preferred, but.... command isn't too picky on this one. They just really need the files. " With that, he finished planting the explosive charge. "Alright, going quiet in three... two... one..." he put down a MUTE charge and activated it. Suddenly, everything went silent. Almost immediately after, the charge blew a whole in the ceiling. However, thanks to the MUTE charge, it only gave a very muffled thump. Walter was right behind the falling debris, landing on top of the pile of rubble that had formed in front of a very surprised and confused guard. A quick rifle butt to the head sent the guard flying off to the left into the hallway wall, knocking him out cold. With that, the MUTE charge ended and normal sound returned. Only the light crumbling of debris could be heard. The pair moved down the hallway, Walter taking lead with his suppressed rifle at the ready. They moved into the stairwell and, sure enough, three guards for each floor stood there, but the top floor was vacant. Walter and Hades silently made their way down the small spiral staircase towards their first victim. Luckily for the guard, Walter was able to get the drop on him, allowing him to give a more non lethal take down. Hades took care of the the second one, but the third one had turned in time to see the pair coming down the stairs towards him. He was about to call out when a subsonic rifle round found its mark between the man's eyes. They quietly now navigated through the basement of the building where the server room was. As they approached the final hallway where the server room was kept, Walter couldn't help but wonder why most of the security was stationed outside the building. "What else would want this place.... or better who else?" he thought as they moved through the floor.

Peaking around a corner, Walter saw two heavily armed guards flanking the server room door. Unlike their other comrades, they wore much heavier armor and full EOD style head protection. Walter turned back to Hades.

"Two tangos, heavy armor, I got right, you left. Going loud. " Walter conveyed through a series of hand motions. He took off the suppressor on his rifle and loaded armored piercing rounds. While they would make short work of the guards, it would have to mean for him to shoot loud due to the fact that they needed the extra velocity in order to pierce that armor.

"Alright.... 3. 2. 1. Go!"

Hades took down his guard while Walter lit up his right guard like a christmas tree. Both were taken down before even being able to fully react to what had just occurred.

"Okay, now we are deeper underground, so.... we might have only alerted a small patrol or two... regardless we just cut our time in half so lets get going!" They raced over to the door. It was a solid metal door, but Walter had a key of sorts. He placed a "Kicker" pattern on the door of explosive charges, originally designed to blow down steel sealed doors on naval vessels. "

"Breaching!"

Two smaller charges warped the door's frame before a final larger one in the center practically kicked the door in.

Trotzen timidly placed the rounds in the man's hand, holding his hand with both of his paws. He had more... Feral features. He had pads on his feet paws and hand paws, unlike others, who may have lacked pads entirely. Trotzen kinda kneads his paws on the man's hand, before slowly pulling away to offer his hand to shake.

"Tr-Trotzen."

Sergei was eagerly beading his eyes on the computer, 75%, almost there!! But then Mr.Boise said something that chilled him.
"too late, they're planting charges. Lets get out of our way, now shall we?" Okay this is too much, who the hell is this guy? He is not a communist, or affiliated with any faction, except for the Outsiders, which he seems to know like the back of his hand, yet he isn't with them? Is he some undercover agent? If so than Sergei is so screwed beyond belief. He stood there, timid, clutching his gun with frantic anxiety, he's dealt with crowds before, but these guys must be like trying to kill a giant armed only with a toothpick. He whispered over to Mr.Boise, frantic, "Let's hope you have a plan for this...."

"Don't worry, I always have a plan."

Wilson glanced down at the hand offered to him and gave it a minute before he returned a nod and took the timid individual's hand with his free hand, giving it a firm shake while he stuffed the rounds away in his pockets. "Well Trotzen I need you to do a favor. You see that man?" The ranger said, pointing to the patriotic individual nearby before continuing. "I need you to let him know I'm going ahead. I don't know if you are a fighting man, but I'm running out of options. Can you do that?" He didn't even stop to hear a response, having good faith in this stranger he had just met as he broke the hand shake and started into the dark tunnels, stopping to look over his shoulder into the light of the station once more. This could be the last time he saw such a light, after all. He took only a good minute, then began his journey to challenge this threat down the rails.

Down the dark tunnel, small flames could be seen revealing a ravaged convoy, the convoy that had attempted to break through to the metro center earlier on. There was an evident fight here, and bodies were strewn about the rails, but there were no signs of activity at first glance. In minutes though, a bit of screaming pierced the silent of the tunnel, followed by some conversation. A closer look might reveal what was going on behind all of the debris and wrecked carts.

Hades followed Walter through the debris. While he would normally make a loud thud from his weight the MUTE charge muffled it heavily. He secured the area as Walter took down the guard keeping his shotgun at the ready. When Walter took down one of the guards he rushed up on the second and wrapped his left arm around the guards neck to choke him until he passed out while Walter took care of the final guard. He laid the guard against the wall and readied his shotgun again to follow Walter. "Well you could easily mistake for a normal building. After all we are the only ones besides the VIPs that know about this server room if I'm not mistaken." He said keeping just a few paces behind Walter. He rallied up behind Walter against the wall as he called out to engage the armored tangos.

"Copy that. On your go." He said as he readied his weapon. Once Walter engaged his target on go he was only a second behind putting two slugs into the other guard. As the moved he opened the tubes and loaded two more slugs from the rack into the tubes before closing them to top off his ammo. "Got 22 shells left total. Should be more than enough to deal with any more trouble. I'll keep as quick and efficient as I'm able." He said following Walter to the steel door. He mounted up on the opposite side as Walter laid out the kicker charges.

As the door blew open from the final charge he readied his shotgun and rushed in seeing the two, seeing Sergei armed immediately put him on high alert. "Holster your weapons and surrender! Any aggressive actions will be met with lethal force!" He commanded keeping his eyes on both Mr. Boise and Sergei while he kept his finger on the trigger ready to fire if they attempted to open fire on him. He wasn't planning on hurting them unless they gave him a reason, but their response would dictate his next move.

After silently moving from cover and cover the ranger found a disabled cart to conceal himself behind, his ears attuned to the voices nearby. The said voices belonged to men, and he could hear some whimpering that was rather faint. It took him a moment to make out what the strangers whom he could not see yet were saying. "So what do we do with this one? Move her to the camp like the others? She looks like she would be worth a lot on the market." The first voice was rather slurred, and to Wilson he believed it was a young individual, but he wouldn't make conclusions until he got eyes on who these unidentified individuals are. That left him in a shadow for a good while, his ears attuned to everything around him from the sound of pebbles crunching under boots to the sound of flames roaring nearby.

"Yeh, and maybe the guys could get their cut with this one. A lot of money could go around!" Another person said, a bit more high spirited and with a lighter tone in his voice. It was now obvious to the ranger that these were apart of the group responsible for this blockade. The question was, how many were out there? Could he take them on alone? The anthromorphic hybrid took a moment to think that thought over, his finger itching the trigger of his rifle.

Ducking into cover, Crimson heard a conversation. "Yeh, and maybe the guys could get their out with this one." He had heard enough to tell they were talking about supplies, or someone. He could not stand for this. He walked over to his temporary sleeping are, and got ready to move, pulling his quiver out and looking at each of the 40 arrows he had within. "It's now or never for me to make a stand." He muttered to himself. He walked back to the cover and looked toward the sound. Easily finding the two. From the corner of his eye, he could see another person, but did not know if he was with them or not. Keeping the three unknowns in his mind, he moved along the shadows to a high vantage point and released his first arrow. As it went, he thought of it's path, Clean shot through the throat, spinning him several times in three....... two......... one......... hit. His estimation was spot on, a feat only achievable through pure mastery of the bow. The partner began spinning in all directions, looking for the source. Crimson looked to the point at which the third man was hiding, pulling his knife and an arrow out. On the arrow, he engraved a note. I don't like this group, I have reason to believe you don't either, since your hiding from them, not from the world. If you agree, please take out the other, as I have to move or he will find me. We can talk afterward. He aimed near the Ranger and fired the arrow so it would land in a crevice within grabbing range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then, as if it was so close to completion, the door bursted open, revealing some weirdo dragon-soldier dude who held up a gun far superior to Sergei', and besides, firing his gun at this guy would probably be the equivalent to throwing cotton balls at him so there was no use, he sighed and lowered his gun before finally placed the gun in his pocket Mr.Boise gave him a friendly nod. "Okay, I give in, what now?" He said. feeling confident now that he can see his 'enemy' clear as day. Then Mr.Boise spoke to the both of them

"Excuse me, but do you mind telling me what you are doing? What happened to being stealthy? Outsiders? Or did that change when I turned my back? Now we are going to have this guy here telling all about you, and we don't want that, so tell me, what are you doing here?"

He clutched the files even tighter, and slowly backed away from them. Did he seriously KNOW these guys? Was Sergei seriously a lone peasant among these supers? If so, it mightn't have been the best idea to find those papers in the first place...
He should have just let them burn.

@SqL Constantia Harvey
@Cloudjumper
@kingdomkeylight

"... Well this situation has gone from bad... to just plan strange," was all Agren could whisper over his communication to his partner has he hid in the wreckage caused by the charges. In a matter of minutes most of the unit had been wiped out well besides him, and "her" that was. The situation even got stranger as he heard his employers "friend" start talking to the two intruders as if he knew them. Great they had a mole?

"...," normally Agren's mind would say this job was a lost cause until he noticed that one of the dead men on the other side of the room had a certain item still in usable condition. He grumbled lightly to himself as he weighed the options. Take on two highly armed men with possible more lethal training then he had, or tuck tail, and run forever unable to get a job past this point.

"Love... get ready to charge. Secure Mr. Sergei while I distract our company," he whispered into his communication line with his wife. With a soft whistle to alert the two intruders they hadn't gotten all the security he yelled out to hopefully cause enough of a distraction for the toy to get in place.

"Hey you Dastards. Your gear able to handle that," it would only take a moment for the two intruders to lightly hear a light rolling sound as between them a small canister like device rolled in... a flash bang. The device went off creating a mass exposure of light giving his wife the chance to rush through to secure Sergei while with closed eyes Agren rushed into the room on the opposite ide with just enough time to get behind MR. Sergei's friend to press the barrel end of his Magnum against his head. As the light cleared up Agren gripped the mans collar in a threatening manner.

"So I assume your somewhat valuable to them?"

Trotzen had walked to the individual who he was told to talk to, and stood a few feet away from him, softly calling out to him and meowing. "E-Excuse me? M-Mister?" He repeatedly called out, just barely loud enough to be heard. He took a few more steps forwards and, after some procrastination, lightly slapped the figure across the shoulder. "Mister!"

(Sorry about my post length. Drama got me down and I can barely bring myself to type.)

Kasai lay beneath a layer of ligjt debris and dust, completely still so nobody would spot her. Her white hair and ears were covered by a black hood, which luckily also served to keep the dust away from her sensitive nose.

She glanced at her husband on the other side of the room, her eyes gleaming slightly in the dim light as she checked his situation.
Once she made sure he was okay, she focused on the two attackers, their employer and his friend, trying to figure out how to nullify the threat.
She glanced back at Agren once she heard his plan and gave a faint nod. ' Be careful...' she whispered, before slowly moving on her feet. She covered her ears with her headphones and pulled down her goggles once she saw what her husband was reaching out to and shot forward the moment after the blast.

She grabbed her employer and jerked him to the side, standing in front of him and making sure there was only a solid wall behind him. In her hands she held her machete and a small knife, ready to attack if needed while Agren secured the other potential threat.

@Shlavekt

Wilson kept within the safety of the shadows while he listened to the voices nearby, listening to their options they gave eachother. Did they capture most of the people in this caravan? He thought, slowly shifting his rifle onto his back so the need to deal with it was no longer present. The voices of these strangers were all he heard until something interrupted the silence surrounding him. It was a slight whistle, the sound of something slicing through air, then it followed a impact and a man collapsing, the conversations coming to an end. Something had happen, and when the second arrow landed nearby the ranger he understood what was going on.

After collecting the arrow and inspecting it the anthro discovered the message and he quickly read it over. It was a request, one from someone nearby who had shot the arrow and the ranger was a bit suspicious about the whole thing. He was out of options though, and he had to trust this stranger. With that in mind Wilson slowly stood up and stepped out of cover, his trusted knife in his hand as the darkness finally revealed him more clearly.

Stepping around the corner Wilson spotted the dad man, and his partner standing over him quickly looking for the culprit. "Where are you hiding?!" The bandit shouted before their eyes met for a brief minute. They froze for a split second, but the ranger was quick to pounce at the man and tackle into him, knocking him down to plunge a knife into his neck. There wasn't much after that: two bodies and a ranger with a bloody knife who began to quickly survey his surroundings before he started wiping down his blade.

With one danger evaded, another followed. The brief shouting had attracted some attention from the main camp, and down the tunnel a small group of flashlights, four in all, started advancing through the darkness to find out what was going on. "Hey! Ray you alright down there?!" One voice shouted, expecting a response from their fallen comrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.