Freaks Like Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That would be Scarlet," Tim answered, nodding over toward the woman. She nodded in agreement slowly while Jack started nodding vigorously, starting up with one of the times that Scarlet beat him up one holiday because he annoyed her. He was eventually shushed by the rest of the group.

"Then that'll be Jack, Tony, and I keeping watch. You and Scarlet heading inside. We got that covered, what's next, chief?"

Seth nodded as it was decided that Scarlet would be going in with him. "What do you guys have in terms of weapons? The darts will work on everyone here. Even if the effects for you guys will just be temporary, we don't know how long temporary is. I've got a spare gun and a few kitchen knives. I don't care if it's even just a baseball bat- if it can be used as a weapon, it'll do."

The group listened to Seth before Scarlet stood up. "I'll cover weapons. I'll be back," she announced, walking her dishes to the sink before walking out of the room. Shortly after, Miss Rose got up as well as she mentioned about having something that could help Scarlet.

"Let the girl who can make weapons deal with the weapons," Jack murmured behind his hand. "I'm not sure if it's a good idea of not."

Tony chuckled. "Kurureenu with weapons."

Jack shuddered before Tim turned his attention back to Seth. "We'll have things covered, so don't worry. Is there anything else we need to touch base on?"

He shook his head. "Honestly, there's not a whole lot more preparation we can do. Just don't over or underestimate them, and stay on your toes. Also, wear inconspicuous clothing. Wear something with a hood and shoes that you can run in. If you do get chased, get to a crowded place, stop running, get your hood up and lose yourself in the crowd. They're not going to go shooting into a crowd- if nothing else, it's bad press for them."

Tim chuckled, setting down his coffee mug. "You talk like this would be the first time we got chased around by OMEN, Seth," he pointed out before Scarlet returned to the room and set some weapons down in front of the men at the table.

"This should be able to hold them off," Scarlet told them, smiling. The others reached forward for their choices, holstering them before Scarlet turned back over toward Seth. "So... Not sure about you, but I think we're kinda ready for this."

He nodded. "I think we are. I'm going to get changed, and then I think we're pretty much ready to go." He stood up, putting his plate and mug into the sink. He headed back upstairs to his room and changed into a pair of clean combats, a grey hoodie, and a white t-shirt. He retrieved his guns from his bag and holstered both of them, shoving a few clips of ammunition into his pockets. He laced up his trainers even tighter, before heading downstairs.

The group was already standing and at the ready to leave, watching as Seth came down the stairs. Tim turned toward him, holding up a hand toward him.

"We need to discuss transportation real fast," he pointed out to Seth. "I would say that you and Scarlet take your bike into the city and the rest of us will take the car, then split up to get into our positions." He held out a small sheet of notebook paper toward Seth with numbers written down on it. "Also, numbers so we can keep in contact. We'll never know if you and Scarlet could get split up somehow."

He nodded. "My bike is still in the city though, so you'll have to drop us a few streets away from it so we can retrieve it. It will give us another getaway vehicle though, which is what we really want." He took the paper and keyed in the numbers, saving all of them and looking up. "We good to go?"

Everyone nodded, Tim leading the way out to the car and the group following along. The first stop Tim made, once in the city, was to get Seth's bike. He stopped the car and turned toward Seth and Scarlet.

"Keep us in the loop. We'll get into position before you guys go in to get her," he told them. He smiled warmly. "Let's go bring Kurureenu home."

Seth nodded, climbing out of the car. He grinned as he saw his bike still standing there waiting for him. He found his own helmet and handed the spare to Scarlet. "You're not afraid of speed, are you?" He asked, still grinning, as he swung one leg over it, and pulled on his helmet.

Scarlet scoffed at his question. "I'm pretty sure I'm not," she responded to him, taking the helmet from him and putting it on before swinging a leg over and positioning herself behind him. "Let's go get Kurureenu."

He grinned and stuck his keys in the ignition, starting it up and kicking off. He didn't worry about speed limits, simply going as fast as he could while still keeping control of the bike. He headed straight for the OMEN headquarters, but took a turn that would bring him around the back of the building. He saw the car waiting for them, and cut off the engine, leaning the bike against the wall and taking off his helmet.

Scarlet held on as he kicked off and sped to OMEN. Once there, she was already checking her phone as Seth parked his bike. "They're already in position," she murmured, turning toward Seth. "Coast is clear so far."

He nodded. "Good." He walked up to the back door and pulled out his wallet and keys. In a rather complicated procedure involving a credit card, screwdriver, magnet and his bike key, he managed to fool the scanner into opening the door. He shoved everything back into his pocket and headed in through the door, swinging a left and starting their route towards the basement.

Scarlet followed closely behind, glancing behind her to make sure no one was following after them or spotting them. She stayed silent, but amused, as Seth had tricked the door into letting them in. She only hoped that they all could get in and out without any trouble.

As Seth made it into the more isolated corridors, his pace picked up and he drew his gun. All of his senses went into overdrive, and he became incredibly aware of his surroundings. As they reached the bottom of the stairs, he stopped and turned around to Scarlet. "If they ambush us, you go and get Ku. Keep going straight, it's the second room on the right." He whispered, before turning back around and proceeding.

Sure enough, after a few steps, Seth found himself surrounded by OMEN officers, all of whom were dressed in black. He started firing at them, while yelling at Scarlet, "RUN!"

Scarlet agreed quietly when Seth told her what to do. She prepared herself, drawing her own weapon quietly. It wasn't too long before she heard Seth shouting for her to run when they were surrounded. She darted forward, rushing past anyone in her way to get to the door.

Second room on the right! she remembered, heading to the door and slamming it open.

Some turned around to try and fire at Scarlet, so Seth brought their attention back to him by shooting at them and hitting one of them in the shoulder. He heard one of them yell, "Boss, she's found the girl!" As he ducked a swinging fist and brought his elbow back to connect with somebody's chest, he heard the response. "She's not the priority! Focus on this fight!" He swung the barrel of his gun into somebody's head and ducked to avoid a bullet that was presumably intended for his head. He felt a bullet skim past him, missing him by a few centimetres. He was badly outnumbered, and they'd clearly been training. He felt pain explode in his side, but managed to swallow the scream and keep firing. He just needed to keep them off until the girls were out.

"Finally! I was wondering when y'all were gonna get here!" Kurureenu hollered as soon as Scarlet clattered through the door. "Get me out of these things!"

Scarlet muttered profanities, dashing over to Kurureenu and starting on freeing her from the chair she was cuffed to. "You're as noisy as ever."

Kurureenu scoffed rubbing the freshly freed wrist. No more words were exchanged before Scarlet took hold of her wrist and ran out of the room with her. Her eyes instantly searched the fray for Seth, which wasn't hard. It was all against one. I wonder if my abilities came back. she thought as Scarlet was trying to search for an escape. She clenched a fist and concentrated toward the fight, hoping to do anything that could help Seth.

Seth slammed the barrel of his gun across the temples of one of them. The man crumpled and hit the ground, and Seth started firing again. He saw Scarlet and Ku out of the corner of his eye and relaxed a little. She was fine. He returned his attention to the fight and started trying to figure out how to get them away from the staircase so the girls could escape. Was Ku starting to glow? He glanced at her, and nodded a little, before swinging wildly, knocking another one of them out and turning away from Ku, covering his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.