Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Shh..." Griffin gently removed Gregory's hand's from his hair. He held the younger man's hand in his. "It was a little over a year ago. We were both there. You were one of the groomsmen." He raised his lover's hand to his lips and kissed it. "You were attacked my love. You were seriously injured. You have been taking strong drugs for over a month. You don't like modern medicine and don't take drugs often. They have a lot of side effects. The doctor warn me you might have trouble remembering things. There is nothing wrong with you other then you need time to heal."

Gregory looked up to Gregory and frowned a little. "Really? One year ago? Groomsmen?" He murmured and shook his head slowly. "I don't remember.." He said and turned his head just in time to see the hand in his lover's hand was kissed, making him blushed beet red, as if this is the first time he experienced it. He remember he have slight allergic to modern medicine, making its effect stronger than it supposed to be. "Trouble?" He tried to remember the last thing he could remember and it was when he remember his age would be around 12. He looked to his body and noticed he was very big than how he last remember. "Griffin, how old am I?"

"You're 22 Gregory." Griffin answered with a frown. The way the other man had looked at his body had him worried. Did he have some memories then? That was good wasn't it? He hoped so. He wanted to know that the man he loved was still somewhere inside that battered body. He watched his lover closely. He hoped that this amnesia wouldn't cause the younger man to push him away. He couldn't protect Gregory if he made him give him space. They had already done the space time thing. He didn't want to do it again.

Gregory began to frown as well. "So it has been 10 years..." he said quietly. He can't remember anything that happens between his 12 old self and 22 old self. Did anything major happen between those years? Have he done anything bad? How old was this man in front of him? Why was he attacked? Did he get into gang fights? But he know himself too well that he would never done that on will. Did his Japanese family approved their relationship? How far have he gone with Griffin? He would faint if once he come home there's a kid waiting for him, or worse a baby. He couldn't get pregnant, could he? And where's his home now? He pouted a little, he didn't like hospitals. "When can I go home? Hate hospitals.." He said in his childish tone.

The doctor came in. "Good your wake. Let me take a look at you. Tell me what you remember." The doctor spoke briskly. He ignored the man in the chair. They had come to an understanding of sorts. He didn't speak to Green anymore the he had too. He suspected that Green wasn't suppose to be there but he couldn't prove it. Green had been respect for the most part. He didn't cause problems or get into the way. So he saw no reason to kick him out. "Most of your injuries have healed but you will need help. You haven't used these muscles so they will be weak. You will need physical therapy."

Gregory looked back down at his free hand. It has grow so large from the last time he last remember. "I think it was around when I was 12. I'm still trying to see how much I have remember, but I think the farthest is when I was playing at the park with my parents, nee-san, and otouto. But I'm still feel like I'm forgetting something important. What should I do to regain my memory back, doctor?" He looked up and he looked sad. He listened to doctor's explanation and nodded like a good obedient child.

"I am sure there are alot of things you have forgotten." The doctor answered. "As for how to get your memory back. You can wait for it to come back on it's own. It's about 80 percent likely that your memory will come back all by itself. You can ask family and friends to share memories. This sometimes triggers memories. However you have to remember these events will be from the person you are asking perspective not yours. The last way is to go to familiar places, looking at pictures, and watching videos."

Gregory nodded again, he have been very obedient to anyone since he was a kid, making himself get into trouble too much in the past. "Yes, thanks doctor. When I can go home?" He didn't really like hospital's smell, he was more happy to be in his own home. "Will .. remembering .. hurt?" He asked once more. When he's a kid, he often watch a movie where the protagonist is having amnesia and they have to hit their head to remember or when they remember, it looks very painful. He looked at the man beside him, this is his fiancee? He could remember his crush when he was twelve and it was a girl. So in this 10 years, his sexuality already swing the other way? Oh God.. this is too much to take in..

"It shouldn't hurt to remember. I suppose that depends on the memories. You can go home as long as you have someone to care of you. Your fiancée" the doctor said sarcastically. He knew Green wasn't really engaged to his young patient. "Agreed to care for you. I gather the two of you have been living together for sometime. I will get your medication and have a nurse bring a wheelchair to you." he told the younger man. "I will set up your physical therapy. You will have to go Atleast twice a week."

Gregory frowned a little when the doctor used sarcasm tone when mentioning Griffin as his fiancee. Could Griffin actually lied to him? He looked up again, processing the information that given to him at once. "OKay." He said after a minute or two processing the information. "Thank you, Mr. Doctor," he said, just like a little kid before nodding and the doctor leave to get the nurse and his wheelchair. He then turned to Griffin and looked at him intently, almost oddly. He was trying to gain his memories, they say Griffin is his fiancee and they have been together for some time, then, shouldn't this man's face be in most of his memories?

"We met when you were twelve. A couple of months before your thirteenth birthday actually. I'm guessing your memories don't cover that time. I can prove it with photos and videos if you need me to." Griffin told him seeing his uncertainly. It hurt that the best years of his life had been forgotten. It hurt that the one person that loved him now looked at him as if he were a suspect. "If you need time I understand Gregory. I don't expect you to trust me or care for me when you don't remember me at all."

Gregory just smiled and patted Griffin's head gently. He always been gentle since he was a kid, looking at anyone with gentle eyes. "Haha, don't look so pathetic like that. Your Gregory didn't die, he was just a little lost. Just give me your usual attitude, don't pity me. Maybe it will help me remember." He smiled bitterly. He know that Griffin was hurt because Gregory forget completely about him, and remember just before they met. "Tell me. Did anything bad happen in our relationship before? It just that if I remember the bad memories first, then I already have the explanation about it. Like .. maybe I ever saw you with another girl.. or boy getting touchy-feely when you dating me or when I have romantic feeling towards you?" He said a little bluntly.

Griffin shook his head. "You are the only person I have wanted to touch or wanted to be touched by. Our relationship was mostly good. We had fights like most couples. But only a few and never anything serious. I think our worst was...three years ago. You were struggling with your sexuality." Griffin said. He stood when the nurse came in. He moved to the far wall so he would be out of the way as she helped Gregory out of bed.

Struggling with my sexuality? Yeah, that explain quite some .. so Am I gay for him or for everyone? Oh .. it get a little confusing.,
Gregory thought before the nurse come into the room with the wheelchair. He lifted his head to be wrapped around the nurse's neck while the nurse helped him to the wheelchair. He couldn't feel his feet yet so maybe it would take weeks for him to get back to walking again. After finished, the nurse gave the medication to Griffin and said her goodbye to both men before walking away.

"You weren't sure that your family would still accept you if you were gay. Your family is Japanese and very traditional. In most cases they would have disowned you. But I guess your family was American enough to accept it. They didn't even blink when you announced that you were gay and probably going to stay that way." Griffin explained as he watched the nurses. He took the wheelchair from the nurse and headed down the hall towards the exit.

Gregory seemed to stroked his chest in relief as he listened to Griffin's explanation. "I'm relieved to hear that. I thought my heart was going to fall off when you said you are my fiancee, seeing how my family held high the traditions, I thought it wouldn't be possible. But if they're approved then it's alright." He smiled up at Griffin, first smile on that day. "Oh yeah, about the gang fights .. am I often involved in things like that?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"You're a lover not a fighter. I've never seen you physically fight anyone Gregory. You have tried to stay away from the gangs as much as possible. Your attack was probably my fault." Griffin admitted. He wanted to reassure his love that he was a good guy. Gregory was the best man he had ever known. He was kind and generous. He was always respectful and honest. They were traits that he hadn't seen much in his life. He trasured them in his lover.

Gregory looked up at the man that wheeled him out of the hospital. "Your fault? How could this be your fault? I don't see any reason for you to attack me. After all, you're my boyfriend," he admitted. He looked back down and forward as he take in the view in front of him. Is this where I live now? Everything seemed so different, he thought. Actually, he got a short clip of his memory earlier, when he saw Griffin in a club then everything blurred. That's why he asked if anything bad ever happen in their relationship earlier.

"I didn't attack you. But I think I am the reason you got attacked. I have..." Griffin hesitated as he searched for the right words. Not that they weren't any to describe his past. He sighed as he helped Gregory into his car. He was gentle as he lifted his lover into the car. He folded the wheelchair and throw it into the backseat of the car. He went around and climbed into the front seat. Once in the driver's seat he started the car. "a bad past. I've done a lot of things I am not proud of. It's never been a problem before but I think it could be one now."

""I see.." Gregory nodded a few times and smiled. Gregory was able to read people since he was a kid, and he was glad when his ... lover didn't lie to him. "So ... why don't you tell me about your past? Uh.. our past I mean. Like when we start meet .. how far we have gotten in relationship.. just like memories about us.. " he murmured. Maybe things like that could help him remember about his past, return his memories, get to the way back before with his fiancee, things to be back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.