For the Dragons

Neema was asleep, too deep in sleep to notice Fire Starter stir.

The great beast propped his head up with a groan.

Take your time...

He grumbled, his stomach rumbling as he realized he had not had the chance to eat the night before.

She heard his message and nodded to herself. "You should be with your family today..." she said to him. He smiled and shook his head. "We mourn a different way. The sadness is gone. Today we celebrate her life. Father and Mother are preparing for her burial." "They don't need you?" "Not until she is laid to rest." Zairee nodded once again and turned on the road towards her mother's home. She walked stalling to look at her home. Adriel's hand closed softly around hers. "She'll come around... I know she will." She smiled at him. He knew exactly what to say to calm the hectic emotion bubbling within her about her mother. "Do you want to get something to eat?" he asked. "The shops are closed Adriel." "We can always hunt." She smiled at the challenge. "I thought you said we shouldn't be out in the woods?" "I meant you alone." She laughed and took off up into a tree. They hopped around until both their eyes landed on a small boar. She watched as he pulled out a bow and arrow from a satchel that hung off his back. With a swift pull back the boar landed on its side.

They made it to the barn and Adriel worked on a fire as Zairee snuck into the barn. She kneeled before both dragons with a smile waiting for Fire Starter to wake. They looked peaceful together sleeping. A haggard look plagued Fire Starter's features. He had used an immense amount of energy like he had never before yesterday to help her, help the town. He was truly one of a kind.

Fire Starter sensed Zairee's presence and he opened his eyes from his doze.

Zairee!

He called out, leaning his head forward to sniff her.

I am hungry...and itchy...

She smiled petting his face.

I doubt the boar will do much to satiate your hunger

she giggled. Smelling the flesh cook outside.

Adriel's here

she said controlling the small flutter that buzzed at the thought of the elf.

Neema has offered to hunt some elk later.

He could feel the flutter from her and he chuckled.

The boy is welcome here anytime.

Zairee smiled shyly at Fire Starter and bowed her head acknowledging his welcome.

Once you've eaten I'll help Adriel in oiling you. I should learn.

Fire Starter stood with a groan, shaking out his scales.

I shall go hunt. Please do not wake Neema.

He walked forward, heading off towards the forest.

Zairee agreed and watched as he left. She looked back at Neema and walked out to join Adriel leaving the door cracked. "Hey... how's he doing?" "Good, he's hungry though." "Are you?" he smiled pointing to the roasting boar. "starving." He smiled and turned the beast to continue cooking. He cut a piece of the flesh and handed it to her. She accepted the chunk of meat and blew on it before eating it. "What do you think?" "Well you better stick to oiling dragons and not becoming a town cook." They laughed together. "You have jokes I see." Adriel's ears pointed as he heard a dragon rustle in the barn. "I thought he had gone out." "Oh... that's Neema." "Are you going to have a place still with the two...?" Zairee smiled and nodded. "She came to watch him. The whole mating thing is more like a challenge." "I'm glad it's not that hard for elves." Zairee laughed again

Fire Starter quickly tracked something down and killed it, eating it on the way back to the barn.

Neema rustled, standing as she woke and shook herself. She exited, her tail lashing as she looked at Zairee. Where did the big idiot go?

Zairee smiled warmly at the dragon and nodded in the direction of his path.

Off to eat

Neema nodded once and went off in the same direction as he. Adriel moved closer to Zairee as the breeze chilled. He wrapped his arm around her lightly. "Thanks for spending time with me." "Yeah..." she said blushing. "It truly helps with... well with everything." She smiled at him and nodded. She looked up at him through her lashes feeling a surge stir within her. He was so handsome especially sitting this close to her.

Fire Starter grumbled, bumping into Neema as she turned a corner and hit him by accident.

You were not to be awakened...

He fussed.

Hard to sleep without your constant snoring.

Fire Starter shook his head, allowing her to walk beside him as he burst into the clearing by his barn.

Zairee looked over at Fire Starter shying away from Adriel.

How are you feeling this morning?

Fire Starter walked to lay down by her, closing his eyes.

I am feeling quite sleepy and itchy.

Neema chuckled, her laugh sounding like many bells as she walked to sit with the group.

I am amazed that he thought he should not be after a mindspeak of that range and clarity. And everyone is itchy right now, Fire Starter.

Would you like to sleep while we oil you?

she asked petting his head softly. Adriel had brought along with him his satchel full of items to oil. He had learned the trade with his father and although it would be a nervous first time, he knew he could do it.
​We could also do Neema.

Neema looked at the two with a smile.

Oh, would you? I have not been oiled in a very long time!

Fire Starter looked at his rider.

Sounds good to me as well.

Zairee smiled widely at the two and then pulled Adriel up to his feet. "You're going to show me first on Neema because, ladies go first... and then We'll do Fire Starter." "All right then. Let's get started." He bowed to the dragons like his father had always done and got to work. He taught Zairee the ideal that was expected and what to use and do in every situation. She became quite skilled when working on Neema and felt confident she would do an amazing job on her own dragon.

Neema moaned and stretched out, as they began to oil her scales. She had forgotten what such care felt like and wished she had a rider. She would get this treatment all the time!

Fire Starter watched with amusement.

Adriel laughed when she stretched and let out what sounded like a purr. "They really do like this don't they?" "Well they get really itchy and uncomfortable when they aren't oiled." "That makes sense." he said feeling how rough the scales did feel. He worked underneath one of her wings picking off the extra dead scales and oiling the area well. It was where most friction occurred. Zairee worked towards her neck while Adriel went down her back and tail. When they were done she thanked them. "It was our pleasure." Adriel said once again bowing. Zairee smiled at Fire Starter.

Let's get you started

Neema had to resist the urge to roll over, knowing she would squish one of the elves if she did. But oh! It had felt so good! She thanked them profusely, shooting the pleasure she was feeling along with the words.

Fire Starter perked up, laughing at Neema.

Some would think you a lesser beast with the way you are acting...

Zairee laughed and pat Neema's neck.

Don't pick on her, she doesn't get this treatment often. Neema, until you get a rider, I'm sure we have no problem oiling you.

Zairee told the happy dragon. Adriel was oblivious of the mental conversations and carried his supplies over to Fire Starter climbing up to begin the oiling.